Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cinemexperience: part deux.
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159
logger
That's much scarier than Ming.
Hobbes
Watched The Departed for the first time. It's fantastic cinema but if there were any more twists in it I'd have had to take a motion sickness pill.

Hi-oh!
Sostie
OUTLANDER
Jim Caviezel crashes his spaceship in Middle Ages Norway, unleashes a big beastie he has on board his ship and join forces with the resident Vikings to kick the monster's ass. You also have John Hurt and Ron Perlman in supporting/cameo roles , Sophia Myles looking like the missing link between Winslet and Kightley, and Jack Huston, the pretty English branch of the Huston Clan.
It's cliched, stupid guff, but still a little enjoyable.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Sostie @ Feb 2 2009, 01:33 AM) *
I salute you Mr VD.

There is a joke in there about STIs. I resist it. Arf.

I never watch Flash Gordon but I am struck by the incredible bravery of the Hawkmen: attacking that rocket in just their pants they die in droves.

It is moving - the bit when the older one with the crumpled face dies dramatically always gets me.

Sophia Myles looking like the missing link between Winslet and Kightley

Sophia is the affordable solution to those who can't get either Kate or Keira. And she did dirties with Tennant. I hope to one day ply her with drink and get her to spill the beans. Or I will hit her in her pretty dolly face and make her talk. Zoe will be the good cop perhaps.
Sostie
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Feb 4 2009, 11:14 AM) *
I will hit her in her pretty dolly face and make her talk. Zoe will be the good cop perhaps.

Best episode of anything EVER!
melzilla
The Reader

Nipples and Nazis.
dandan
the bank job - fish fingers tonight, eh?

london, 1971. terry (jason "the stath" statham) is a used car salesman, with a less than pristine past behind him. and, when an old friend, martine (saffron burrows), comes back into his life and offers him information about a opportunity to rob a bank, it looks like his future won't be whiter than white either. what terry doesn't know is that martine was recently arrested for trafficking drugs and has been given the opportunity to get off the charge by working with mi5 (or was it mi6?). apparently there's some compromising photographs of princess margaret in a safety deposit box, owned by the decidedly unsavoury, black activist and criminal, michael x (peter de jersey). mi-whoever want these pictures retrieved with the minimum of fuss and nothing to connect them with their retrieval...

now, i like a good, solid, old school, heist movie, not the kind of slick, guy ritchie, 'oceans eleven' kinda junk which has been doing the rounds in recent years. luckily, this is more 'hot rock', than 'lock, stock...'.

the film is, in essence, an amalgamation of several real life events, urban legend, speculation and fiction, which works pretty well. despite a couple of o.t.t. moments (usually dialogue and reactions, rather than the narrative), 'the bank job' manages to create a pretty intriguing piece of cinema. set in a london which swings nicely between the echelons of working, upper and criminal classes, it manages to create a credible enough and surprisingly tense narrative.

good stuff...

the house bunny - eyes are the nipples of the face...

shelley (anna faris) is a bunny who lives at the playboy mansion and dreams of, one day, becoming a centrefold; her heart is set on being miss november. however, after hitting the grand old age of twenty-seven ("that's fifty-nine in bunny years"), shelley is asked to leave the sanctuary of heff's mansion. after sleeping in her car, being arrested and finding herself lost in a world she doesn't really understand, she stumbles on to a university campus and feels at home again. after discovering that sorority houses employ "house mothers" to guide the female students safely through the trials and tribulations of college social life, shelley joins the struggling zeta alpha zeta house.

zeta alpha zeta house has around half a dozen residents and is the house everyone looks down their noses at; especially those snooty girls over at phi iota mu and their house mother (beverly d'angelo). now, shelley must whip the socially inept zetas into shape so they can attract enough new pledgers to their house, whilst they school shelley in the ways of the real world...

don't judge me!!!

yeah, i was in the mood for something ultra-light and this totally suited the bill. the script is a pretty classic 'revenge of the nerds' style of college movie, and manages to have a good enough mixture of silliness, fun and funniness to allow it to wash over you in a generally pleasing and entertaining fashion. don't get me wrong, this is by no means a great film, it's just a very acceptable piece of fluff, if that's what you're after. and, that was what i was after...

anna faris does a pretty good job; managing to play the bunny with just the right amount of ditz and the occasional touch of the surreal, which adds a nicely odd edge at times. emma stone, kat dennings and mr hefner himself flesh out the cast, along with d'angelo, who doesn't seem to have aged in the last ten years.

more enjoyable than it should be...

step brothers - you don't have to talk like that, you can just say it's nice...

when dr robert doback (richard jenkins) and nancy huff (mary steenburgen) catch each other's eye, at a conference, sparks fly and it isn't too long before they're tying the knot. the thing is nancy has a spoiled, fourty year old son, brennan (will ferrell) who does very little apart from sitting around the house; then again, robert has dale (john c. reilly); a spoiled, unemployed, thirty-nine year old son. now, after the marriage, nancy and brennan are moving in with robert and dale: will the step brothers hit it off or will it be a recipe for disaster?

so, i'm not a huge fan of will ferrell comedies, but the trailer for this looked pretty funny and i do like a bit of john c. reilly; who doesn't? any how, this didn't actually disappoint and i rather enjoyed it. essentially, it is a film about two grown men who are clearly stunted, in terms of social growth and, in a sometimes subtle, sometimes obvious way, a darkly comedic film emerges.

ferrell and reilly work very well together, and apart, and are the undoubted star attractions of the film. the mixture of physical and observational comedy is nicely balanced and darker underbelly of the film make it a fun watch.

pretty good...
melzilla
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

Teenage pap at its most boring. A large percentage of the film was taken up with excessive shots of the two leads grinning coyly at each other. The rest of the film consisted of a rather flimsy pointless plot played out by even more pointless one-dimensional characters. I do like Michael Cera (I thought he was pretty much the only redeeming feature of 'Superbad') but he really needs to start picking better films and branch out from the 'sweet geek' role he seems pretty much stuck in.
PrincessKate
They made me watch Dune.
dandan
bigger stronger faster* - the side effects of being american...

chris bell grew up in poughkeepsie, with his two brothers, mike ("mad dog") and mark ("smelly"). it was the mid-eighties and the three bell boys idolised hulk hogan, sylvester stallone and arnold schwarzenegger. embracing the advice of the former, the boys began to train hard, eat their vitamins and say their prayers, practising wrestling in their basement and lifting weights. by the time he'd left school, chris was one of the strongest kids in america and found himself being accused of using steroids. chris hadn't used steroids; the way he saw it, was that if his heroes didn't use them, then neither should he...

however, chris was soon to discover that the hulkster, sly and arnie had all used steroids to get their bodies into peak condition. and, it wouldn't be long before mike and mark, feeling the pressure of college football and in the arena of pro-wrestling, began to take steroids. chris tried them, but didn't feel right; he wanted to be the best he could be, without the steroids, but soon discovered that he just couldn't keep up with those who did. now, chris takes a look at the use and vilification of steroids within various sporting arenas, and wonders why he isn't comfortable using them, when his two brothers are...

what follows is a fascinating, amusing, scary and moving documentary, where chris bell looks at the politics of steroids, the truth and lies that surround their use and the impact that they have had on america and the bell family. from speaking with the coach of the first american olympic weight-lifting team who used steroids (something they learnt from a drunken russian coach), through the likes of ben johnson (perhaps the most vilified of all steroid users) and carl lewis (who has a less than pristine background in this area than one might think), to many people who have been using steroids for decades, medical and sporting professionals, politicians and members of the bell family, bell provides an enlightening look at the culture of wanting everything to be bigger, stronger and faster...

an excellent film.
logger
That sounds interesting.
dandan
QUOTE (logger @ Feb 5 2009, 11:59 AM) *
That sounds interesting.

it is, very interesting. i recommend it to everyone...
Kick in the Head
Resident Evil: Degeneration - CG animated non-playable installment of the zombie/monster franchise. And while it's pretty much a 90 minute cutscene, it's not too bad. Certainly better than the increasingly disgraceful live-action efforts. The voice acting is laughable, the plot both too simplistic and complex at the same time and the animation wildly variable (but mostly on the shoddy side of things). But as a fan of the games, I couldn't help but enjoy it for what it was. And the little touches referencing the previous (and upcoming) games made me smile.
GundamGuy_UK
The Road Warrior: Mad Max 2 - Me and my friend spent a lot of the movie coming up with alternate titles and asking each-other if Max was Mad yet. I won with "Max loses his rag big time", if you're wondering...

I love this movie.

Also watched Aliens and Blade Runner: Final Cut. Both also awesome.
curtinparloe
Slumdog Millionnaire
I thought it was ace.
dandan
transsiberian - kill off all my demons, and my angels might die too...

roy (woody harrelson) and jessie (emily mortimer) have been in china, helping roy's church on a humanitarian project. now, they're having a bit of a break before returning home; a trip from beijing to moscow on the trans-siberian rail road. they soon find themselves sharing their cabin with carlos (eduardo noriega) and abby (kate mara). whilst roy and jane are thinking of settling down, carlos and abby seem to be travelling from place to place with no detectable plan of action but, when roy misses the train at one of its frequent stops, jessie finds herself alone with her new companions, waiting for roy in a small russian town...

yeah, so there's a lot more to the beginning of the film than that, but one doesn't want to signpost the events and developments which are quite obvious to spot, once you start watching it. still, despite the predictable nature of some elements of the film, just like with director brad anderson's rather good 'session 9', the fact that these narrative turns are backed up with twists that are less easy to spot, make for a pretty good watch. also, as with 'session 9', anderson shows that he's more than competent when it comes to building up tension, creating an atmosphere and drawing you in to a narrative.

emily mortimer is, as usual, rather splendid; making the once wild, now almost ready to settle down, jessie appear as a well-rounded character. praise is also forthcoming for mr harrelson, who is rather fine as the naive, loving, train enthusiast. noriega, mara and ben kingsley, who plays a russian detective, provide solid support.

the film itself is an engaging watch, with plenty of tension, a few twists and only minor shortcomings, which can be quite easily forgiven as they're usually bookended by something quite good. the film also made me quite fancy taking the trip from beijing to moscow or vice versa...

good stuff...
Sean of the Dead
I fear reading film reviews may have turned my opinions into derivative sludge, both meaningless and useless, but nevermind...
Slumdog Millionaire
I found this to be a very enjoyable and aesthetically beautiful tale that certainly created a world that seemed both tangible, and occasionally fantastical. However, it didn't quite grip me as much as I hoped, with the world of the characters overshadowing their struggles, lives and actions. Indeed, whilst the actors gave excellent performances, it was not enough to steal the limelight away from their environment, distancing them from me and dissipating the tension at several points. That did not stop it from being an expertly crafted film with a framing device I felt was ingenious, but merely one I liked instead of loved.

Frost/Nixon
An enthralling film containing uniformly excellent acting that is hugely supported by Ron Howard's direction. The sense of importance this interview had is expertly conveyed, adding gravitas and suspense in a way that never feels heavyhanded. The real star, of course, is Mr Sheen who turns in an expertly polished performance. *badum-bum-tisch* This post was all leading up to that.
melzilla
QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ Feb 6 2009, 05:43 PM) *
This post was all leading up to that.

..and it was so worth it. biggrin.gif
sweetbutinsane
The Beverly Hillbillies

Weird, but funny.
curtinparloe
Apocalypto
Fairly entertaining, but far too long.

Should have been called Apocalyptooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
o.
GundamGuy_UK
Death Race - Fucking awesome. I wish I'd seen this at the cinema, I loved every second.

(Most of) Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - I showed my friend some clips of the Holiday Special, so we had to watch all the best bits of ESB after to try and stop ourselves feeling so dirty. In the end we watched all of it bar the Yoda/space slug bits, because we've seen the film a million times each and just wanted the action bits. I still think that The Battle of Hoth is the best stop-motion ever committed to cinema.
logger
Ahem
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (logger @ Feb 7 2009, 08:02 PM) *

True, that's excellent.

But the whole Hoth sequence looks fucking REAL, there are bits of it that I have no idea how they did.
Sean of the Dead
Heat
Two things.
  1. Excellent film.
  2. Shouty Al is hilari-awful.
maian
She's got a GREAT ASS!

That almost makes up for how terrible he is in most films.
Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (maian @ Feb 7 2009, 11:45 PM) *
She's got a GREAT ASS!

That almost makes up for how terrible he is in most films.

That line reading is why he's the best in the bus(iness).
Zoe
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008)

I wasn't disappointed, after being so impressed by the trailer a year ago, it's a rather beautiful film.

The short story is a peculiar allegory about how youth is wasted on the young, the film is a melancholy epic about the tragedy of mortality and the value of life. Fincher is a wonderful director, and this film shows yet more of his incredible range. It's visually stunning, but grounded by small moments of tenderness; a mother's hand, a old woman leading a young boy down the street, the quiet triumph of a woman in her sixties achieving her dream. It has real emotional resonance, combined with a very light touch and moments of comedy that avoid sentimentality and make the extended running time fly by. Certainly I can see where the comparisons with 'Forrest Gump' lie, but 'Benjamin Button' is a far more of a cinematic achievement and certainly less schmaltzy. The script deals with the central conceit so brilliantly, you buy it immediately. Benjamin's unusual condition only serves to highlight the beauty and cruelty of human life and death - we all start and end in diapers. Beauty fades, promise dies, we forget and are forgotten.

The special effects are remarkable, moreso because they're so underplayed.

It left me feeling thoughtful and sad, but satisfied. It'll be a very interesting film to watch at different ages in your life. I can imagine feeling very different seeing it at 67 than I do at 27.

Oh! And 'Scoop' (2006) was on when I got home. What a lovely surprise. No cinematic or DVD release in this country and suddenly it pops up on BBC2.

Very entertaining. God bless you, Woody.
Ade
I'm looking forward to seeing Benjamin Button all the more now. Hoping to see it tomorrow.
Zoe
There's a hilarious moment when Cate Blanchett sees Benjamin when he's the equivalent of 40 something (i.e. no make-up or special effects), after only knowing him previously as an elderly or middle aged man, and she just says with some surprise "you're perfect!" I was convinced she was going to say (with the same surprise) "you're Brad Pitt!"
Ade
QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 8 2009, 01:53 AM) *
I was convinced she was going to say (with the same surprise) "you're Brad Pitt!"

smile.gif I'm going to be slightly disappointed now when she doesn't. But I'll keep an ear out for it all the same.
fatseff1234
I can't help but feel like i've influenced the modern media somewhat.
widowspider
Once - a beautiful, beautiful film. It actually made me cry a lot.

This Is England - such an evocative film for its time. And holy shit, what an incredible cast. Major kudos to all those actors.
sweetbutinsane
Be Kind Rewind

Not exactly what I was expecting, but great nonetheless.
GundamGuy_UK
The Breakfast Club - Can't believe I'd never seen this before. I loved it.
melzilla
The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button.

A beautiful and thoughful tale, well told, with plenty of heart and some stunning (yet subtle) technical wizardry.

Quite lovely.
Sostie
THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON
Well it looks lovely and is performed well. It wasn't quite as Forrest Gump as I feared it may have been (reminded me more of Big Fish and A Very Long Engagement). I did find the first half more engrossing then the second, which is a bit strange seeing that the latter half is the one with more emotional punch. Considering it's length it doesn't really drag, but too long I suppose to even bother exploring Button's relationship with his sister!
Was totally unaware that Jason Flemyng was in the film so that was a nice surprise (though his ageing make-up looked a bit dodgy). Likewise Tilda Swinton, whose "segment" seemed to encompass most of the film's themes in about 15 minutes.
It was good, but I wasn't moved as much as I'd expected to be or as I much as I felt I should've been. And I think we are owed one more lightning strike!

One thought - will the amazing FX used to make Pitt look younger be abused by vain film stars in the future!

VICKY CHRISTINA BARCELONA
This is meant to be Woody Allen "back on form". Well considering that the most recent Allen film I've seen is Small Time Crooks, he's never been "off form".
Well written, perfectly performed - it's good Woody. I can't for the life of me understand the fuss over Penelope Cruz's performance - a lot of it is just screaming in Spanish! Not that she isn't good, but the real stand-out performances are Rebecca Hall's and Javier Bardem's.
dandan
QUOTE (Sostie @ Feb 9 2009, 01:54 PM) *
Was totally unaware that Jason Flemyng was in the film so that was a nice surprise (though his ageing make-up looked a bit dodgy).

flemyng rocks! have you watched 'atomic circus' yet? it's a flemyng / paradis (swoon) spectacular! i may give it a re-watch later...

i not stupid - because they care...

terry (huang po ju), kok pin (shawn lee) and boon hock (joshua ang) are twelve years old and find themselves in the 'em3' class at school. this is a bad thing; people look down their noses at them and consider them to be stupid or lazy. terry is, in all actuality, lazy; he's spoiled by his rich parents and unswervingly obedient to his over-bearing mother (selena tan). kok pin tries hard, but consistently fails, even though he shows a great aptitude for art. boon hock is from a poor family and has to juggle school with working at his family's noodle stand, which isn't easy. whilst the kids struggle at school, their parents seem to have just as much to cope with in their daily life...

there's times when 'i not stupid' is quite good fun, there's other times when it's a little annoying and there's times when it is just too obviously preaching at you or trying to highlight a social issue which exists in the state of singapore. unfortunately, the over-riding impression, left with me, was not one of fun. for a slightly less obvious, still with faults, but much more fun to watch slice of singaporean cinema, i'd recommend 'rice rhapsody'. especially as it has the wonderful sylvia chang and the less wonderful, but super fun, martin yan...

this, though, is reasonable at best...

the virgin queen - you are dead to me...

a four part bbc series, looking at four periods in the life of queen elizabeth I (anne-marie duff). starting with her life as lady elizabeth, moving through her relationship with the earl of leicester (tom hardy), the bothwell conspiracy and, finally, her relationship with the earl of essex (hans matheson) and death.

i've not watched either 'elizabeth I' (the helen mirren mini-series) or 'elizabeth' / 'elizabeth: the golden age' (the cate blanchett films), but when i free copy of this came my way i thought i'd give it ago.

being a series about elizabeth, following her from her early twenties, as she moved towards the thone, to her deathbed, when she was sixty-nine, a lot hinges on anne-marie duff. luckily, duff, aided by costume and make-up, is rather splendid as elizabeth. as a bright-eyed, zestful youth, a powerful middle-age and a decrepit, ailing final few years, she carries the role of with aplomb, managing to exude larger than life characteristics, when stately matters require it and showing herself as a vulnerable human in her personal relationships.

as for the rest of the performers, the slightly blinging nature of both leicester and essex (hardy and matheson, respectively) may irk some viewers, but i eventually warmed to them. the likes of dexter fletcher, tara fitzgerald, ian hart, ewan bremner, daniel evans, derek riddell and neil stuke, amongst others, flesh out a very strong supporting cast. the costume design, sets and dressings are also all noteworthy, with special mention going to make-up and special make up, which occasionally make the likes of elizabeth and kat ashley (fitzgerald) appear as rather frightening and ungodly creatures...

if i had to criticise, i'd say that there's a few moments where the soundtrack is a little intrusive but, by the same measure, there are also times when it works rather well.

good stuff...
Sostie
QUOTE (dandan @ Feb 9 2009, 02:00 PM) *
flemyng rocks! have you watched 'atomic circus' yet? it's a flemyng / paradis (swoon) spectacular! i may give it a re-watch later...

It was on my "to get" list. Now you've reminded me, I will "get".
sweetbutinsane
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Alternately (or is it alternatively?) funny and disturbing. My friend and I loved Chief.

I can now appreciate that episode of Spaced, and a small reference on an episode of The Simpsons.
maian
Matador (1986)

One of the weirder Almodovar films I've seen, this one focuses on (guess what) matadors, in particular, a young matador (Antonio Banderas) who confesses to a series of sexually charged murders, and his teacher (Nacho Martínez), who seems rather shady himself. Throw in a sexy lawyer (Assumpta Serna), a girlfriend (Eva Cobo) and you've got a heady brew.

Very good, and very odd, it's an hilarious and dark thriller that weaves around nicely in its journey to the climax (in all senses of the word).

Point of warning; if you're going to watch this, don't read the blurb on the back. It gives away the twist in the opening line.

Jar City (2006)

Icelandic murder mystery that utilises dual narratives, bleak cinematography and limited music to great effect.

When an old man is found murdered in his home, a police detective (Ingvar Eggert Sigurđsson) starts to investigate his relationships with a couple of vicious criminals. Elsewhere, a man working for the genetic database is mourning the death of his young daughter.

Dark and twisty, it's really very good and intelligently made. You may need to listen to some Sigur Ros and Bjork afterwards to maintain any illusions that Iceland is a magical place of wonder, and not a grimy locale for brutal murders and corruption.
logger
QUOTE (maian @ Feb 9 2009, 08:09 PM) *
Point of warning; if you're going to watch this, don't read the blurb on the back. It gives away the twist in the opening line.

I think your review is the first of any kind I've seen that didn't give away the twist.
maian
That's pretty annoying. I got about 20 minutes in before thinking ''Oh, so I wasn't meant to know that, then?'' Not that it interfered with my enjoyment too much.
Jimmay
QUOTE (maian @ Feb 9 2009, 08:17 PM) *
That's pretty annoying. I got about 20 minutes in before thinking ''Oh, so I wasn't meant to know that, then?'' Not that it interfered with my enjoyment too much.

I think the funniest (most annoying) way a twist was given away to me was when the credits came up at the start of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and it said Shannon Sossamon was in it. My mate then pointed her out to me when you saw the back of her head which deliberately didn't show her face. Later on in the film I turned to him and said, "I'm not supposed to know who she is am I?"

His guilty face was a picture!
logger
The Crazies

George Romero returns to Living Dead territory as a plane, carrying a military manufactured virus that turns humans crazy, crashes outside a small rural town and the government's attempt to control the outbreak. Now, despite its political intentions, this is very much an exploitation film, the budget is quite low, the actors are pretty poor, the dialogue isn't great and the sound and lighting are amateurish, although this does help with the cinema verite feel they were going for. Considering the resurgence of the zombie film over the past few years it's no surprise that this has been remade. The original with its subtext of the erosion of civil liberties as the incompetent government attempts to take more control over its citizens lives whilst fighting an unpopular war has a certain resonance today. Unsurprisingly, the remake has a lot more money behind it, which makes me very much doubt it will even attempt the extremely bleak atmosphere of the original (that's right, it's even more bleak than films were everyone on the planet becomes a zombie), and instead will become some kind of escapist, survival horror fantasy.

Not sure if I've seen this before, maybe back in the Moviedrome days of the eighties. Whilst definitely not a zombie film it has enough paralels to appeal to zombie fans and its influence can be felt through lots of horror and sci fi films. And even though it's extremely flawed and over long it's still worth watching even if just for its b-movie silliness.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Sostie @ Feb 9 2009, 01:54 PM) *
THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON

VICKY CHRISTINA BARCELONA

I will be seeing one of these films at t'weekend. Which should it be? I quite like to see VCB. Although Frost/Nixon ... ? I can't pick.
Sostie
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Feb 10 2009, 01:47 PM) *
I will be seeing one of these films at t'weekend. Which should it be? I quite like to see VCB. Although Frost/Nixon ... ? I can't pick.

I'd say Benjamin Button. Well all are worth seeing actually. BB wasn't as good as I expected/hoped, but still worth the effort.

You should, however, take into consideration how much discomfort your arse can take.
Jimmay
QUOTE (Sostie @ Feb 10 2009, 02:02 PM) *
You should, however, take into consideration how much discomfort your arse can take.

Are Odeon doing that "Free Sodomy With Every Large Popcorn" offer again?
Sostie
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Feb 10 2009, 02:10 PM) *

Why do think I've seen so many new films recently. I skip the popcorn.
KevinandNick

Hmm, an incentive to pop down to my local Odeon.

Besides, it feels like I'm getting fucked every time I buy a large popcorn at one of their establishments. wink.gif

Kev W
logger

That's free soda. I found out the hard way, I'm now banned from my local cinema.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.