Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cinemexperience: part deux.
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159
Zoe
The Rebound (2009)

There's very little 'com' in this particular Rom-Com, but I thoroughly enjoyed the 'rom'.

Call me soppy, but I thought the central relationship & the characters were believable, and the premise was engaging and unusual (at least in terms of gender roles). I was rather won over by the way it wore its heart on its sleeve and enjoyed a bit of old fashioned romance. Yes, the end if very mawkish and it's certainly not going to win any Oscars, but I teared up a couple of times.

The child stars were very good and CZJ was utterly unoffensive. The real star of the show, however, was Justin Bartha, whose performance of a rudderless 24-year-old felt both authentic and fresh.

I am a sap, apparently.
Serafina_Pekkala
X-Men: First Class

I enjoyed it mainly because Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence were bloody superb and should be in more films together. Although they had an advantage playing the best characters and have more charisma than the rest of the cast put together.

Some of the supporting cast were pretty blank though - notably Lenny Kravitz adorably short but rather bland daughter as a Fairy Hooker and the dreadful January Jones as (Astrid calls) Titty Frost. No i don't think they are real either. January clearly playing a tribute to Kids in The Hall's 'Sex girl Patrol'. James McAvoy was alright and so was Rose Byrne (who is alarmingly thin resulting that she looks like a wet hankie in her undies) but they hadn't much to do. Kevin Bacon was a middle-drawer villain and his Tubbs and Edward nose is now just a distraction. He is also can't speak German or Russian for toffee. The plot was good enough but mostly - it belonged to Magneto and Mystique. And Matthew Vaughn's fascination for lingerie is getting out of hand.

I can't be bothered finding all the earlier comments.
Zoe
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Jun 16 2011, 10:27 AM) *
Fairy Hooker and Titty Frost

Amazing

You know what else is stupid about that film? The way they were tied to getting the action to the point the later films started (for no reason THEY ARE YEARS APART).

Would you leave your 'brother' seconds after he's been paralysed to fly off with Fassbender? Maybe Sefi is not the best person to ask this question to, but I think even she would say "no".

It was dead entertaining though and I liked it a lot [/justbeingpicky]
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jun 16 2011, 10:32 AM) *
You know what else is stupid about that film? The way they were tied to getting the action to the point the later films started (for no reason THEY ARE YEARS APART).

Yes - logic fail. I liked Jason Fleming as the Russian disappearing devil dude too. But all that stupid flying about was just comic.

Would you leave your 'brother' seconds after he's been paralysed to fly off with Fassbender? Maybe Sefi is not the best person to ask this question to, but I think even she would say "no".

Lulz. You are right. I am probably the most biased but even I thought it was cold. She would have run off later.

It was fun and i did enjoy it - even if it didn't make sense. But then again - an concentration camp survivor who can bend metal with his mind is not really that realistic anyway.

Magneto's end costume was super lame though. I prefer him in a jump suit.
Sostie
The Adjustment Bureau
The comparisons to Inception leading up to it's release were wrong and lazy. An enjoyable slice of sci-fi. I do enjoy a bit of Dick

The Sorcerers Apprentice
Fun piece of hokum elevated slightly by the presence of the ever reliable Nic Cage. Cage waggling a pickle is one of his finest moments#

Unstoppable
I enjoyed it but when it's over you realise not much happened.

Judge Dredd
So many reasons why this didn't work (wrong tone, stallone sans helmet, Rob Schneider etc) but it's been such a long time since I've seen it it was dumb fun viewing. More meh than terrible.

Signs
Shyamalan nearly hit a triple whammy with this. It's good but not Sixth Sense or Unbreakable good. Shyamalan may have lost his mojo but his films still feature the odd moment of brilliance (having known the "twist" in advance, I actually enjoyed The Happening).

Land Of The Lost
If I catch it channel hopping I'll sit down and watch it, and enjoy every minute of it. If you like Will Ferrell, Danny McBride or just thoroughly entertaining/underrated gems, watch this.

QUOTE (Silky @ Jun 10 2011, 03:41 PM) *
Tank Girl

Very much a guilty pleasure.
Probably more guilt than pleasure.

I so fell in love with Naomi Watts in that film.
widowspider
The King's Speech

Really, really good. Surprisingly light and funny for much of the film, the central relationship of Lionel and Bertie is touching and beautifully played by Rush & Firth. I found it very moving too, especially when Bertie talks about his childhood - it was never overdone but was terribly sad. The bit where he sings 'she wouldn't feed me' broke my heart.
Zoe
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jun 16 2011, 01:06 PM) *
The Adjustment Bureau
The comparisons to Inception leading up to it's release were wrong and lazy. An enjoyable slice of sci-fi. I do enjoy a bit of Dick

Land Of The Lost
If I catch it channel hopping I'll sit down and watch it, and enjoy every minute of it. If you like Will Ferrell, Danny McBride or just thoroughly entertaining/underrated gems, watch this.

BALLLLLLLS!

Went to rent these and they're both Universal so unavailable from Lovefilm!

I really am going to leave one of these days

BALLS!
Jessopjessopjessop
Has anyone reviewed Kung Fu Panda 2?

It's wicked! Just like the first, witty and genuinely touching but quite a bit darker this time. The direction, character design, cinematography and even the 3D were first-rate.
I didn't like the "unlinearity" of this story as much the very classic structure of the first, but that's a minor gripe. Hence it's not quite as good as KFP or the delightful "How to Train Your Dragon", but it will make very rich viewing for years to come.
logger
Twenty Four Hour Party People

I wish I hadn't watched it now. I used to like it but something about it rubs me up the wrong way now.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Jun 16 2011, 05:53 PM) *

I may take the wee niece. I enjoyed KFP very much. So will look out for it.
logger
Mulholland Drive

Sometimes good things happen.
monkeyman
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Jun 16 2011, 05:53 PM) *

It's wicked! Just like the first, witty and genuinely touching but quite a bit darker this time. The direction, character design, cinematography and even the 3D were first-rate.
I didn't like the "unlinearity" of this story as much the very classic structure of the first, but that's a minor gripe. Hence it's not quite as good as KFP or the delightful "How to Train Your Dragon", but it will make very rich viewing for years to come.

Good good. I love the first one so much, I'm glad they've not followed it up with something crap.
Though I'm sure I remember hearing on the special features they're planning to do 6 or 7 KFP films...
maian
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jun 17 2011, 04:41 PM) *
Good good. I love the first one so much, I'm glad they've not followed it up with something crap.
Though I'm sure I remember hearing on the special features they're planning to do 6 or 7 KFP films...

Well, Dreamworks have announced plans for six or seven, but the second film has actually underperformed so far (which is weird, considering that it's got really good reviews) so they might scale that ambition back. They did say that they were planning to make 6 Shrek films around about the time that Shrek 2 came out, but they've knocked that on the head now.
maian
Senna

I have no interest in F1, I knew very little about Senna and his life (apart from how it ended) yet I was absolutely riveted by this heartbreaking and exhilarating account of his life.

Probably the best film I've seen this year.
Hobbes
I'm going to see Senna tomorrow, very excited. Everyone I know who's seen it says it's absolutely brilliant.
Zoe
HP&TDH P1

It was OK, though I did find myself fast forwarding on a few occasions. I liked Ron best. I always like Ron best. There was nothing as good in this one as when Ron told Harry to "piss off" that time, or when he did that lion thing.

The sexy bit was weird.

Ralph Fiennes has no nose.

Blah blah blah.

Yeah. I don't really have enough investment in this to write a review. I do think the films struggle a bit if you haven't read the books. I'm not sure if I'm not remembering enough points from the earlier 5 films to completely follow the plot, or if I just don't care enough to try.

Oh! I liked the shadow puppets.

Sostie
Hanna
Not as action packed as the trailers suggest but, bloody hell it's good. It feels and looks very, for want of a better word, "European". The main cast is rather great, especially the ever dependable Saoirse Ronan. Tom Hollander as a slightly camp 80's football terrace throwback was good fun too. Almost Bourne quality, and I'd welcome as many sequels as that francise.

Sucker Punch
You know that cool thing they do in films. When someone lands on the ground on one knee, a hand on the floor and a gun/sword in the other. You know what I mean. Blade did it. Then Neo. More recently Iron Man did it. Well that happens in Sucker Punch a lot. Which pretty much says a lot about what I think their main concern was when making this film. Make it look cool.
There are a few cool bits. Well one. A battle in a steam punk WW1. But that's about it. The girls are pretty (Jena Malone is my favourite Sucker Punch girl. That's what I'd say if the film became popular enough for people to have such an opinion on the film), and the film itself is pretty, but it's basically Brazil with plot propelled by interpretive dance.
I loved Zack Snyder's first three films. All pretty sylised, yet never, for me, letting the plot and story taking a backseat to the visuals (well maybe a bit in 300), but this is the reverse. I think he thought of few good looking scenes and tried to weave a plot around them
The Crow for the emo generation. (The Crow is shittier than Sucker Punch though)
logger
Bonnie & Clyde

J'adore Miss Dunaway.
Raven
Tales from Earthsea

I haven't read the books to know how good (or more likely bad) the adaptation is, but it's a pretty hum-drum offering. Director Goro Miyazaki has big shoes to fill, and he doesn't really come close to emulating his father's work. I also feel there was too much borrowing from the look of earlier films (Princess Mononoke in particular).

I've seen a lot worse, but it is definitely one of the weaker Studio Ghibli films.

The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)

I'm sure little children are crying somewhere.
widowspider
Just Go With It

A decent lighthearted romcom. Some genuinely funny moments, and Aniston got a number of big laughs from me.
Hobbes
Went and saw Senna earlier. I'll echo everyone else I know who's seen it when I say: it's brilliant.
Raven
^ I'm looking forward to seeing that at some point.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

I never thought I'd buy another Star Wars movie again, but after watching the original versions of the original trilogy a few weeks back I was tempted to buy this after hearing a lot of positive comments about the Clone Wars TV series.

Surprisingly, I quite liked it.

Its plot is pretty basic; it's just a vehicle to string together a near continuous run of action sequences, but that works well enough for what it is.

Whether it was because Lucas didn't write it, or because the story telling is better suited to a cartoon I'm not sure, but I thought the dialogue was more polished than it was in the prequels, especially the interplay between Anakin and his new Padawan, Ahsoka (also, a lot of the silly "Roger, Roger" type lines from the battle droids actually came across as amusing in this, rather than annoying).

I'm now quite tempted to give the series - which is supposed to be better again - a try.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (Raven @ Jun 20 2011, 11:35 AM) *
Tales from Earthsea

I haven't read the books to know how good (or more likely bad) the adaptation is, but it's a pretty hum-drum offering. Director Goro Miyazaki has big shoes to fill, and he doesn't really come close to emulating his father's work. I also feel there was too much borrowing from the look of earlier films (Princess Mononoke in particular).

I've seen a lot worse, but it is definitely one of the weaker Studio Ghibli films.

It's a bad adaptation. It's very, very loosely based on the third (of five) books, with elements of the fourth in there too (which is odd, considering they aren't related in the slightest). It's absolutely nothing like the books in any way, though it is a very beautifully-done movie.

Earthsea is probably my favourite book series ever, and Studio Ghibli are one of my favourite studios. Combine them though, and it doesn't work.
maian
That Thing You Do! (1996)

Great. Really funny, the interactions between the band members have the ring of truth to them, and Tom Hanks (as writer-director) keeps things moving smoothly along. It also helps that the song That Thing You Do is really, really great, because it's played so often that if it wasn't so good it'd get repetitive. Amazing cast, too, with Steve Zahn being the standout.

Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'hoole (2010)

Suffers the same problem that Cars does of having a world which is so unremittingly weird that it just gets distracting. I found myself wondering where all the humans were, and how the hell Owls learned how to make harps when their talons are completely unsuited to the sort of physically dexterous tasks involved in creating one. Also, they'd sound really awful raking across the strings and they'd break really easily. Anyway, the main problem is that it's just so boring that you can't help but get distracted by all the questions (why is the evil owls' home called St. Aegolious? Are they Catholic owls? Is there an Owl Pope somewhere canonising other owls?) that have nothing to do with the plot, which is nothing but second-hand fantasy nonsense that is so poorly defined and explained that everything any of the characters says about it sounds completely ridiculous. I mean, there's a scene at the end in which Helen Mirren (HELEN MIRREN!) says something to the effect of "Bats are immune to the power of the Flex because they don't have gizzards." Whether or not you have seen the film, that line makes no sense because "the Flex" is never actually explained. It's just this thing the evil owls are hoping to exploit and which the plot hinges on, but the film forgets about for about 80 of its 97 minutes.

On the plus side; it looks pretty nice - Zack Snyder's a hack, but he sure can make crap look pretty - and the voice cast are good across the board.

Also, the inclusion of a song by Owl City on the soundtrack is both groan-inducing and hugely distracting. Including contemporary pop songs in a fantasy epic just makes you wonder whether the songs exist in the world of the film, and in doing so just make everything on screen look ridiculous. Imagine if Peter Jackson had put I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) over the scenes of the Hobbits leaving The Shire. It's like that.
PrincessKate
Went to see Bad Teacher this afternoon.
It made me want to fuck Jason Segal so hard he couldn't walk for a week. Other than that it was mainly bollocks, but Lucy Punch was good and ginger.
logger
Salt

Screw you, I like it.
maian
It's Kind of a Funny Story (2010)

In stark contrast to their first two films, Half-Nelson and Sugar, where Ryan Fleck and Anna Boden took incredibly familiar stories (inspirational teacher drama and underdog baseball story, respectively) and told them in a way which avoided easy sentiment in favour of harsh realism and a sense of ambiguity, for their third film they take an incredibly familiar story (middle-class white kid ends up in a mental institute and learns life lessons) and tell it in the most conventional way possible. Admittedly, they do find time to inject some life into proceedings through flashbacks, fantasy sequences, and a willingness to play with structure that reminded me a lot of Submarine, but all too often these moments go from quirky to irksome, revealing that the central story of Kier Gilchrist's character is kind of boring, something which becomes increasingly obvious whenever Zach Galifianakis shows up, giving a performance loaded with the sort of barely suppressed pain and anger that Fleck and Boden used beautifully in their previous films. It suggests that Galifianakis has the potential for much more beyond the Hangover films, but It's Kind of a Funny Story is ultimately too lightweight to match the darkness hidden in his performance.

Kind of funny, but disappointing.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Zoe @ May 13 2010, 12:51 AM) *
500 days of Summer

It's a clever script and well executed and all that; but seriously are these ridiculous kooky cardboard cut-outs what young male writers think women are really like? It's no Garden State (the worst culprit for this sort of thing), but the female lead is such a revolting narcissist and so self-consciously kitsch she makes me want to drown things. Her terrible treatment of the male lead is one thing, but the insanely pretentious coffee table homage to Magritte is a punching offence on its own.

All that said, for its clever structure. non linear narrative, and some inspired scenes (particularly the post-lay montage) it deserves praise and I enjoyed it.

I can only presume that all the men who write these sorts of things are going out with unique, wide-eyed, supermodels, who spend their lives "making a noise or doing something that no one has ever done before."

Seriously, Deschanel deserved a slap.

This - the winking Han Solo, Hall and Oates dance routine, fabulous Chloe Moretz (needed more of her) and Bergman film tributes, aside. The film is marred by the fact that Summer is just a pain in the arse. I had to suffer from these lasses at Uni in Canada and they are usually on medication or recovering from an eating disorder too. And yes - they do lecture you on the Smiths. So they too much time cycling through parks in culottes and sniffing oranges outside stores and having weird theories about The Beatles.

JGL is far too good for all of this. And Christina Hendrick's curly haired hubbie is also adorable (who sort of like a Cuban Steve Buscemi). Zooey needs to stop playing these quirky idiots and do something different like a Reese Witherspoon dramatic role. Although Reese would never play such a lame character herself. She has standards.

The director has clearly only dated 22 year old models who wear daisies in their hair and talk about 'The Alchemist' as being THE MOST AMAZING BOOK EVUR.

Bring on Bridesmaids.
Atara
I agree with all comments on 500 Days of Summer.

I have a genuine dislike of Zooey Deschanel and I'm pretty sure it's because I can't help but think she is exactly like Summer. Boys seem to love 'quirky' hipster twats, though.
maian
I really, really like the Halls and Oates sequence and the split-screen party, both of which are the most effective examples of the film-makers realising their idea of the film being JGL's subjective account of his relationship with Summer. The rest of the movie I like, apart from the very last line, which is incredibly dumb.

Drive Angry

Great trashy fun. Nic Cage plays a man who escapes from Hell in order to track down the Satanists who have kidnapped his grandaughter in order to sacrifice her. Amber Heard is the woman who winds up tagging along with him, and William Fichtner steals the film as The Accountant, the being sent to drag John Milton (yes, Cage's character is really called John Milton) back to Hell. Seriously, every line he says is fantastic, since Fichtner is clearly having fun being in a completely ridiculous movie, so he decides to downplay everything and act as if nothing really bothers him, whether he's asking for information or impaling someone's head with a baseball bat.

It's completely stupid but there's a sleazy sense of fun to the whole thing.

Howl

Also very good but in a very different way. I knew a bit about Howl, Allen Ginsberg's (James Franco) incendiary Beat poem, and a teeny bit about the obscenity trial surrounding it, but the film did a really good job of getting across why the poem was deemed so dangerous and what it meant to Ginsberg, personally. The film leaps between Ginsberg debuting the poem in a club in 1955, him being interviewed about it in 1957, and the trial itself, in which two lawyers (Jon Hamm and David Straitharn) argue over whether or not the poem has any literary merit. Franco is very engaging as Ginsberg, and the rest of the cast are great, but the real stars of the film are the animated sequences which depict the events of the poem. They're really wonderful, impressionistic sequences that capture the feel of the language beautifully. Plus, when they are combined with the interviews with Ginsberg, they give context to the work in a way which illuminates and explains the poem without ever getting bogged down in outright explaining what every sentence means.

Really interesting and entertaining.
Zoe
I softened on the whole thing (since that initial review) after Adam (I think) pointed out she was supposed to be annoying, as we were seeing his perception of her, not the reality of her.

It made me like it more.

I like it. I'd buy it and watch it again & I frequently listen to the soundtrack on Spotify.
logger
Battle Royale

God, I love the Japanese.
Zoe
A Single Man (2010)

Awful. The worst part was Tom Ford writing himself into it. Seriously?

I thought it was style over substance, and my favourite director is Wes Anderson...

Love and Other Drugs (2010)

Absolutely bizarre, possible one of the most disjointed films I've ever seen.

The Sorcerer's Apprentice (2010)

Very entertaining nonsense. I have quite the thing for Jay Baruchel.

Alfred Molina & Nic Cage looked to be having a lot of fun.

PrincessKate
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jun 26 2011, 10:04 PM) *

I was going to say 'you should watch Undeclared', but he's very gawky and awkward in it.
Zoe
I've always had a thing for gawky boys.

Of course I'd like to watch Undeclared (though not for that reason), but it's not available on DVD in this fair isle.

He is lovely I think. I didn't really get the imbalance in 'She's Out of my League'. Is Alice Eve really that hot, and is he really that average? I don't imagine he has any trouble.
PrincessKate
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jun 26 2011, 10:11 PM) *
I've always had a thing for gawky boys.

Of course I'd like to watch Undeclared (though not for that reason), but it's not available on DVD in this fair isle.

He is lovely I think. I didn't really get the imbalance in 'She's Out of my League'. Is Alice Eve really that hot, and is he really that average? I don't imagine he has any trouble.

It's the law of film. I know this has been my one point of reference in the last 24 hours but Jason Segel is second prize in Bad Teacher. That world makes no sense (but Justin Timberlake in huge glasses in and a cardi doesn't work for me).
If you ever want to borrow my copy, just say. It is super-brilliant. Just have something to block your ears in the Kimberly Stewart episode.
Sostie

No one but Cage could have waggled that pickle better

Arthur
The original was a pretty average film, albeit featuring three great performances, so let's not get all precuious about this being a remake. Personally I enjoy watching Russell Brand cavorting on screen. If you don't you won't like the film. I enjoyed it
widowspider
QUOTE (Atara @ Jun 26 2011, 04:47 PM) *
I agree with all comments on 500 Days of Summer.

I have a genuine dislike of Zooey Deschanel and I'm pretty sure it's because I can't help but think she is exactly like Summer. Boys seem to love 'quirky' hipster twats, though.

I too have a huge dislike for Deschanel for the exact same reason. It's that 'I'm so kooky and cool, look at me' bollocks. Trying to appear oh so unaware of your carefully crafted hipster chic. ARGH. It drives me mentile!

QUOTE (logger @ Jun 26 2011, 09:07 PM) *
Battle Royale

God, I love the Japanese.

I bloody love that film. It's bonkers.
Serafina_Pekkala
I have quite the thing for Jay Baruchel.

He caught my eye in Tropic Thunder.

Is Alice Eve really that hot, and is he really that average? I don't imagine he has any trouble.

I had same questions. I don't think Zooey Deschanel is that exceptional either. She looks like every other girl in Edinburgh. So does Alice Eve actually.

Jay Baruchal is lovely. And he is Canadian too. So likely he is funny in real life. Like the difference between a Gosling and a Timberlake. Canada.
Zoe
Yes - very good in Tropic Thunder. Excellent glasses

I think I find Alice Eve a bit smackable, because her Dad is SO smackable. I'm unconvinced by her hotness.

Zooey is pretty charming though. That's a charming girl.

However, Timberlake is hilarious & handsome, so NER.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jun 27 2011, 02:26 PM) *
Yes - very good in Tropic Thunder. Excellent glasses

And that he ends up with Jennifer Love Hewitt. I thought that was 'aww'.

I think I find Alice Eve a bit smackable, because her Dad is SO smackable. I'm unconvinced by her hotness

She is pretty but I still think Rebecca Hall was prettier in 'Starter for 10' - making the plot an absolute nonsense. Even though I enjoyed it. Particularly the 'coaster please' section.

Her Irish accent in SATC2 means the woman might actually get smacked one day. If she ever goes to Ireland. Her Scouse mum has a real traveler surname too.

lulz but of course I would. And we might all have a chance too.
PrincessKate
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jun 27 2011, 02:26 PM) *

He manages to be neither in Bad Teacher. Just insanely creepy.
Zoe
It looks like a shit film, and I doubt Timberlake can be blamed.
Serafina_Pekkala
It does look shit. I'm sure Kenny Fucking Powers would say something to that effect.

widowspider
I do love Justin. He's incredibly funny, and almost always one of the best guest hosts on SNL.

Zooey definitely needs a smack though.
Hobbes
Zooey is lovely and I will fight you all.
widowspider
QUOTE (Hobbes @ Jun 27 2011, 04:03 PM) *
Zooey is lovely and I will fight you all.

No need to fight, you can have her.
Atara
biggrin.gif
ipse dixit
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jun 26 2011, 08:52 PM) *
I softened on the whole thing (since that initial review) after Adam (I think) pointed out she was supposed to be annoying, as we were seeing his perception of her, not the reality of her.

It made me like it more.

There was an interview I read, with the writer or director, I think, where he said "Summer's not a girl, she's a phase." Thought that summed it up quite nicely. We all see that she's an awful idiot, but he's too caught up in that idea of her and of being with her to realise. And at the end, he does start to look past the faux kook and breeziness and realise that, as all boys should. I really like the film.
Julie
I actually enjoyed Bad Teacher. It wasn't brilliant, or well written, but I laughed, so I don't care!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.