Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Look at the DVDs I done bought
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Omniscia
Part of my Christmas bonus (that didn't go into savings, Scotch, or add'l Kiva loans) went to the Deadwood box set, on sale at Best Buy this week. Plus, I had some RewardZone certificates to help defray the cost.

This show had better live up to its reputation!
Rebus
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Dec 24 2008, 08:30 AM) *
Part of my Christmas bonus (that didn't go into savings, Scotch, or add'l Kiva loans) went to the Deadwood box set, on sale at Best Buy this week. Plus, I had some RewardZone certificates to help defray the cost.

This show had better live up to its reputation!

It absolutely is, in fact the only time my expectations have been more than met in television.
Omniscia
Santa was good to me this year, and got me the Herzog/Kinski Collection.
sweetbutinsane
Santa gave me The Dark Knight. happy.gif
frostitute

Yeeeeeeeeee wub.gif
dolfyn
I got a $50 K-Mart gift card for my birthday & I finally got to use it today.... happy.gif

The Muppet Show (series 3) {$32}
Robot Chicken Star Wars {$13}
Stakeout {coz it was only $10}

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
biggrin.gif
maian
Used some of my Chrimbo money to pick up The Definitive Ealing Collection for 45 from soon-to-be-defunct Zavvi today. Quids in.
UnderSpaced
Resident Evil: Degeneration

I forgot this just came out. Lucky I saw it on the shelves. happy.gif
Omniscia
One of the local CD/video stores is going out of business, so everything is 50% off... I stopped there again, tonight, on the way home from work, primarily to pick up a used copy of Homicide: Life on the Streets Season Five (for $7.50), but also grabbed Black Sheep while I was at it.
maian
Complete Sopranos Definitive Edition

That's all the Chrimbo money gone, but it's still cheaper to buy that than go and buy the boxsets that I don't have.
Sean of the Dead
Hellboy II on BluRay, just to see if shiny HD is all it's cracked up to be.

It's really pretty.
Omniscia
Shiny HD isn't always what it's cracked up to be, but when it is, it's glorious.
sleeping_pirate
Nick Frost: Danger! Incoming Attack for a measily Au$16!
monkeyman
QUOTE (UnderSpaced @ Dec 29 2008, 10:19 PM) *
Resident Evil: Degeneration

I forgot this just came out. Lucky I saw it on the shelves. happy.gif

Let me know what you think, I've got that sitting on my PS3 and still havent gotten round to watching it.
UnderSpaced
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Dec 31 2008, 07:05 AM) *
Let me know what you think, I've got that sitting on my PS3 and still havent gotten round to watching it.

I thought it was pretty good and definitely better than the live-action movies. The only things that annoyed me were the not-so-great voice-to-lip syncs and Leon and Claire not having much screen time together that I had hoped for.

Leon acted different from he did in Resident Evil 4 and this is supposed to take place between RE4 and RE5. I wonder what's up with the mood change?
I also watched the trailers in the bonus section for RE5 and I will definitely be getting the game now for sure! The trailer where Chris and Wesker fight was AWESOME!

One more thing. I read online that there is a trailer where there is a grave with Jill's name on it. Is that true? I hope not.
KevinandNick
QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ Dec 31 2008, 01:01 AM) *
Hellboy II on BluRay, just to see if shiny HD is all it's cracked up to be.

It's really pretty.

I got it from Nick for Christmas, but haven't gotten around to looking for it yet.

Kev W
Omniscia
Guess who picked up The Dark Knight on Blu-ray for $10.91? biggrin.gif

Thank you, Borders sale and e-Rewards, for the discounts.
PrincessKate
As a lovely and surprising Christmas gift from my best friend I got the original series of The Singing Detective on dvd.
NiteFall
Thanks to finding a 2.50 voucher on my way out of Sainsburys yesterday I managed to get Hot Fuzz for the princely sum of 42p.
dolfyn
I got Stardust (despite not having seen it yet, but I keep reading good things about it) for about $12. smile.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
tongue.gif
bigfatrich
Like a lot of people, I crammed into Zavvi to pick over the bones and picked up:
Iron Man 2-disc edition
Pirates of the Caribbean box-set
Dawn of the Dead (the irony of this is not lost on me)
logger
Stop Making Sense
The Notorious Bettie Page
The Straight Story
Days of Heaven
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Jan 2 2009, 03:02 AM) *
I got Stardust (despite not having seen it yet, but I keep reading good things about it) for about $12. smile.gif

You won't regret it! smile.gif

I think I might watch it tonight now...
maian
King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters
Man on Wire

Both from hmv.com as Man on Wire's going cheap(sih) and King of Kong is a fiver when it's 20 in the store.
Omniscia
I've been looking to pick The Mighty Boosh up for a while. I've caught a few episodes here and there, by various means, and have liked what I've seen.

So, when I saw that HMV has the 6-disc, three-season box set on sale for 13.99 (as opposed to the 7-disc, three-season box set for 25.99 and the two-season box set for 18.99), I figured it was now or never. With the delivery, it came to the equivalent of $27.02. That's not so bad, considering the price you'd have to pay on Amazon or eBay for a used copy.

Of course, it's back-ordered, but they claim they'll get more within a week...
sweetbutinsane
Oliver & Company

Yay! It wasn't too expensive either (some Disney DVDs are over 20, even on the internet).
sweetbutinsane
^ Still waiting for it, even though I ordered it on Sunday and stuff from HMV usually arrives quickly. *Grumbles*

Anyway, today I bought:

The Orphanage
I'm Not There
Memento

Yay to DVDs!
Omniscia
Hooray for cheap HBO DVDs!

Picked up The Corner and Walkout for $3 apiece.
Jon 79
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Jan 6 2009, 06:52 AM) *
I've been looking to pick The Mighty Boosh up for a while. I've caught a few episodes here and there, by various means, and have liked what I've seen.

So, when I saw that HMV has the 6-disc, three-season box set on sale for 13.99 (as opposed to the 7-disc, three-season box set for 25.99 and the two-season box set for 18.99), I figured it was now or never. With the delivery, it came to the equivalent of $27.02. That's not so bad, considering the price you'd have to pay on Amazon or eBay for a used copy.

Of course, it's back-ordered, but they claim they'll get more within a week...

Hmmm... At that price I might have to buy it myself.
Behold the shininess of it:

...I should really get a job first though.
GundamGuy_UK
Was in town and picked up some cheap DVDs:

The Invasion, Earthshock and The Dalek Invasion of Earth (classic Doctor Who stories), and The League of Gentlemen's Box of Delights (basically everything they've done outside the TV show - live show, movie and panto).
sleeping_pirate
Somers Town- to complete my Shane Meadows collection.
Miss Shazam
I plan to get all of these over the next few months or so, but I'm stuck on which one to get first...

Dylan Moran: The Live Collection
Derren Brown: Something Wicked This Way Comes [2006]
Black Books Complete Box Set

???
GAH!
grumpygit
Beetlejuice - Just as good after twenty years!
logger
Mean Girls
Crutch
QUOTE (Miss Shazam @ Jan 17 2009, 12:07 AM) *
I plan to get all of these over the next few months or so, but I'm stuck on which one to get first...

Dylan Moran: The Live Collection
Derren Brown: Something Wicked This Way Comes [2006]
Black Books Complete Box Set

???
GAH!

Black Books. I laugh my ass of everytime I watch it.
Lazlo Woodbine
I second Crutch.
logger
I'm not keen on Black Books. I don't like anything, do I?
Crutch
You don't even know The Wizard of Oz is a remake! happy.gif Or should I say "kow"...
Shrubbery
Derren Brown - The Specials
Derren Brown - Trick Of The Mind Vol 1
Derren Brown - Trick Of The Mind Vol 2

So, I'm completely sucked up into the Derren Brown thing now..
I'm just wondering..what about all the other Derren Brown dvds out there. Is there anyone who want to direct me to my next purchase? smile.gif

Oh yes, I did buy his book too.. wink.gif
Jon 79
QUOTE (Shrubbery @ Jan 25 2009, 05:50 PM) *
I'm just wondering..what about all the other Derren Brown dvds out there. Is there anyone who want to direct me to my next purchase? smile.gif

Do it.
Inside Your Mind
Something Wicked This Way Comes
Shrubbery
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Jan 25 2009, 07:12 PM) *

Thanks!

Yes, I'm wondering about those...especially Inside your mind...when was it filmed? It seems that a lot of the stuff on these dvds are from Tricks of the mind dvds..or am I mistaken?

What do you think of Something Wicked this way comes?

Looking forward to this one:
http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/8783041/Der...rs/Product.html
sweetbutinsane
Be Kind Rewind
The Golden Compass
Jon 79
QUOTE (Shrubbery @ Jan 25 2009, 06:19 PM) *
Thanks!

Yes, I'm wondering about those...especially Inside your mind...when was it filmed? It seems that a lot of the stuff on these dvds are from Tricks of the mind dvds..or am I mistaken?

What do you think of Something Wicked this way comes?

Looking forward to this one:
http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/8783041/Der...rs/Product.html

I don't actually have either, but saw Something Wicked on TV; It's an excellent live show.
Shrubbery
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Jan 25 2009, 11:07 PM) *
I don't actually have either, but saw Something Wicked on TV; It's an excellent live show.

Ah, right! smile.gif
Will buy everything with Derren in it eventually..just have to settle down a bit now. Been net shopping a bit too much the last days!
maian
No Country For Old Men
Life of Brian: The Immaculate Edition
Crutch
No Country for Old Men
Tideland - I so want to watch this movie. I once almost did, but the accent of the girl is so hard to understand that I gave up after 45 seconds. Now I can watch the thing in German and will hopefully love it.
Rebus
This, for a criminal $70:

I can't get over how awesome it is.
thirtyhelens
Holy shit, Region 2? If they released that in the US I'm going to be annoyed. (Although I shouldn't bitch, I got the full series box set for free)
Rebus
Region 4. Had a fantastic Whiskey Blues Poker night last night. I'm going to be enjoying this for quite a while to come.
Sostie
The second DVD store I regularly haunt seems to be putting aside for me any Criterion DVDs they get hold of.

Today I got Slacker, Tunes of Glory and Breathless (A bout de souffle)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.