Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Look at the DVDs I done bought
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Hobbes
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Jul 13 2009, 10:31 AM) *
Arrested Development Series 1

Might just be the best single comedy series I've seen on TV. Closely followed by Arrested Development season 2.
Jimmay
Blade Trilogy as it was only a fiver on Play although it isn't anymore. Cock up by them I think as its the 8th best seller on the site.

Also picked up the Mad Max Trilogy for 9 as I've never seen them before.

6 films for 14 ain't half bad I think.
Omniscia
QUOTE (Hobbes @ Jul 13 2009, 09:13 AM) *
Might just be the best single comedy series I've seen on TV. Closely followed by Arrested Development season 2.

And it just keeps on giving. I recently finished yet another run-through of the entire series, and no matter how many times I see an episode, there's always something new to find. Some subtle visual joke, some dry double-entendre, some masterful piece of self-reference calling out through the years.
Atara
Watchmen Directors Cut and Coraline on Blu-ray. Both confirmed as region free so should have them in a couple of weeks from US.
Outatime
Just bought Scrubs Series 4 and Frasier Series 3 to feed my DVD box set habit. I also have The Wire Series 4 and Undeclared to watch.
mousespider
QUOTE (Outatime @ Jul 22 2009, 07:52 AM) *
Undeclared to watch.

You're in for a treat. It's an absolutely hilarious show.

As for me, I picked up Life of Bryan, and Die Hard.
Outatime
I loved Freaks and Geeks, my brother got the super duper yearbook version last Christmas but I'm not allowed to touch it until he's read it.
Omniscia
I found a great bargain today! On one hand, I wish Big Lots! (cheapo closeout/liquidation shop) wasn't right next door to my credit union, 'cos I'd like to stop buying so many DVDs at some point. But on the other hand, they had individual seasons of Tales from the Crypt for $3.00 apiece! Alas, only 2-6, so I'll still need to pick up 1 and 7 to complete the set. But still, that's a damn fine price for a damn fun show.
Raven
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull for a fiver in HMV, and Them! for three quid.
Hobbes
QUOTE (Raven @ Jul 25 2009, 06:56 PM) *
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull for a fiver

Not worth it!
Raven
QUOTE (Hobbes @ Jul 25 2009, 08:05 PM) *
Not worth it!

Probably not, but it's been a while since I saw it and I bought it in a moment of weakness!

ETA:

Damn, I was had - it's only 3.99 on Play!
Atara
QUOTE (Atara @ Jul 21 2009, 10:36 AM) *
Watchmen Directors Cut and Coraline on Blu-ray. Both confirmed as region free so should have them in a couple of weeks from US.

Watchmen does indeed work. So all the blu-ray owners in the UK who want the DC are not missing out. The maximum moviemode is quite cool as well.
Sostie
Complete Dungeons & Dragons for 4. Nice.
monkeyman
I have that. Never watched more than 3 episodes on it though...
Sir_Robin_the_brave
Dara O'Briain - Live at the Theatre Royal
The IT Crowd - Version 2.0
Atara
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Aug 2 2009, 02:18 PM) *
I have that. Never watched more than 3 episodes on it though...

Because it is utter balls. I loved it as a kid sad.gif
logger
Has anyone bought the Let The Right One In dvd? I just had a look at it and it didn't say whether it had the theatrical subtitles or the infamous dumbed down ones. Anyone know?
Sir_Robin_the_brave
QUOTE (logger @ Aug 6 2009, 10:26 AM) *
Has anyone bought the Let The Right One In dvd? I just had a look at it and it didn't say whether it had the theatrical subtitles or the infamous dumbed down ones. Anyone know?

Yes and I don't know but they seemed alright to me. Any examples of stupidity for me to compare?
logger
QUOTE (Sir_Robin_the_brave @ Aug 6 2009, 10:45 AM) *
Yes and I don't know but they seemed alright to me. Any examples of stupidity for me to compare?

Here
Sir_Robin_the_brave
QUOTE (logger @ Aug 6 2009, 10:56 AM) *

Good grief, that is shocking.

It's the proper ones. The "cancer" line is intact as is the "more or less" one. I'll just pop the dvd on and do a quick compare with some other scenes to be sure.

Wait here.

EDIT: Yup. All as it should be. I still can't believe how nonsensical some of the wrong subtitles are.
sweetbutinsane
Trainspotting
The Serpent's Kiss
sleeping_pirate
Flight of the Conchords- Series 2

It's got really, really funny outtakes on it. Surprised by how giggly Jemaine is.
NiteFall
I am within a hair of buying myself this. If I still have enough for it come the end of the month it shall be mine.
curtinparloe
MASH, Waiting For Guffman and The Rutles: All You Need Is Cash for 3 quid each.
sapphirejedi
QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Jul 10 2009, 11:37 AM) *
Hancock
Shallow Grave
Big Fish

QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Aug 6 2009, 01:49 PM) *
Trainspotting
The Serpent's Kiss

With the exception of Hancock, do you have a hard-on for McGregor? LOL Can't say I blame ya
sleeping_pirate
The Boat That Rocked
Kick in the Head
The King of Kong - A Fistful of Quarters
Anvil! The Story of Anvil
(both in readiness for a double documentary day with friends I plan to hold)
The Long Good Friday - 2 disc set (with good retrospective documentary, plus the soundtrack!)
logger
Didn't want to spend any money but I ended up getting a bundle.

Repo Man
The Fountain
Hud
Romero of the Dead Collection
Hitchcock Collection
Jon 79
A Scanner Darkly
sweetbutinsane
Star Wars Trilogy
Star Wars Prequel Trilogy

Those will keep me busy for a while. laugh.gif
Sostie
Why, Crank 2 of course.

Also in Fopp picked up Amazing Stories Season One (5) and The Early Hitchcock Collection box set (13) - 9 films spanning 1928 to 1932.

Regular Fopp-sters please note - 5 pallets worth of cheap stock started hitting the shelves today.
Kick in the Head
QUOTE (Sostie @ Sep 16 2009, 07:26 PM) *
Why, Crank 2 of course.

Also in Fopp picked up Amazing Stories Season One (5) and The Early Hitchcock Collection box set (13) - 9 films spanning 1928 to 1932.

Regular Fopp-sters please note - 5 pallets worth of cheap stock started hitting the shelves today.

I was holding out on getting Crank 2 in the hope there'd be a 1+2 set with more extras for the first one (I know other countries have all sorts of commentaries and features and whatnot), but it looks like it ain't gonna happen (same with a region 2 director's cut of Commando).

Still, I might motion down to Fopp tomorrow.
Raven
Why, Crank 2 of course.

If that Trial of a Timelord box set appears again, can you nab me a copy?! biggrin.gif
Ade

Damn you/thank you Sostie. I shall have a good nose round Fopp next weekend. I shall be poorer, but no doubt slightly happier too.

Incidentally, I don't know whether anyone has mentioned this on forum already, or if anybody is even aware, but The Peter Serafinowicz Show DVD is scheduled for release on 1st Feb 2010. Bang!
Jon 79
QUOTE (Ade @ Sep 19 2009, 01:17 AM) *
Damn you/thank you Sostie. I shall have a good nose round Fopp next weekend. I shall be poorer, but no doubt slightly happier too.

Incidentally, I don't know whether anyone has mentioned this on forum already, or if anybody is even aware, but The Peter Serafinowicz Show DVD is scheduled for release on 1st Feb 2010. Bang!

Have you been firing Kitchen Gun?
Raven
QUOTE (Raven @ Sep 16 2009, 11:46 PM) *
If that Trial of a Timelord box set appears again, can you nab me a copy?! biggrin.gif

No need! I've managed to bag me a copy for 6.21 from Amazon! (now I just have to watch it . . .).
sleeping_pirate
The Inbetweeners Series 1 & 2
Ghost World
Juno

I love HMV sales.
Ade
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Sep 19 2009, 12:17 PM) *
Have you been firing Kitchen Gun?

That's my business.

QUOTE (sleeping_pirate @ Oct 5 2009, 09:15 PM) *
The Inbetweeners Series 1 & 2
Ghost World
Juno

I love HMV sales.

So does me. I boughtified The Beat That My Heart Skipped, and a Kubrick DVD boxxy set.
sleeping_pirate
QUOTE (Ade @ Oct 5 2009, 09:41 PM) *
I boughtified The Beat That My Heart Skipped

That's a fantastic film, I borrowed it from my library a few years back just because I liked the title.
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (sleeping_pirate @ Oct 5 2009, 09:15 PM) *
I love HMV sales.

So do I; I got a copy of The Long Way Down for just 2.99 last week (and I was prepared to pay 15 for it from Play), as part of my Dad's Christmas present.

However, I also want to watch said DVD so I was toying with the idea of buying my own copy... only to find out that they have took the sale off and put it back up to 22! Figures. I'll just have to wait until my dad has watched it and borrow it. tongue.gif
Raven
Thanks to Fopp staying open until 10pm, I managed to bag a copy of the first season of Northern Exposure for a fiver! (how long are the episodes? There seems to be a lot of them on each disk for something that is 45 minutes long . . .).
Sostie
QUOTE (Raven @ Oct 8 2009, 08:41 PM) *
Thanks to Fopp staying open until 10pm, I managed to bag a copy of the first season of Northern Exposure for a fiver! (how long are the episodes? There seems to be a lot of them on each disk for something that is 45 minutes long . . .).

They are about 40 odd minutes long. Love to hear what you think of it. One of the best TV shows ever. If you don't fall in love with Cicely and it's folk you have no heart.
Raven
Cheers.

I'll probably watch them next, I'm just finishing up some old Next Gen episodes at the mo . . .
sweetbutinsane
Cassandra's Dream, Robots and Once for me, and Bee Gees - One Night Only for my mammy for Christmas. This may be the first time I have ever managed to get her a present so early - before I've even finished buying for my dad (who is the easiest to buy for out of my six main family members), in fact.
Kick in the Head
Teeth for 3 at Fopp. Already seen it twice, but it's such a good film with an incredible lead performance from Jess Weixler, the price was right!
maian
This Is Shane Meadows (Twenty Four Seven, A Room For Romeo Brass, Dead Man's Shoes, This Is England)
Somerstown

I already own Romeo Brass and Dead Man's Shoes but it was about the same to buy the collection as it was to buy the other two separately, and the extras make up the difference nicely. Somerstown I haven't seen since I watched it in the cinema but watching Le Donk & Scor-zay-zee reminded me how much I liked it.
sweetbutinsane
I ordered Neverwhere and The Land Before Time [1 & 2] from Play last night; like I hadn't bought enough DVDs for one day!
Kick in the Head
State of Play - the telly version. Never seen it, thought I should.
maian
The Shield: The Complete Collection

Because I have no fucking willpower when it comes to DVD boxsets. I'm even seriously considering buying the Deadwood: Complete Collection that's going for 45 at HMV at the moment and I already own it all on DVD.
Sostie
QUOTE (maian @ Oct 13 2009, 11:25 PM) *
The Shield: The Complete Collection

How much? Fopp were just putting on their shelves this lunchtime at 45.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.