Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Look at the DVDs I done bought
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
PrincessKate
QUOTE (omni @ Jan 25 2012, 03:37 PM) *
I have a bootleg of Midwinter, given to me by the intrepid Craig.

Ah yes, I do remember you saying as much the last time I griped about no UK release...
sweetbutinsane
Jurassic Park
The Gremlins Collection (Gremlins and Gremlins 2)
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Phantom of the Opera

All for a grand total of 10 from That's Entertainment (and the pain of having to power walk back to campus before I missed my afternoon seminar).
Silky
Ordered Three Kings today.
sweetbutinsane
My Name is Earl S1-4 boxset for a bargainous 17.99 from Play. happy.gif
PrincessKate
Recent purchases include:
Mongrels S1
The Hammer Horror Series Boxset
Labyrinth & The Dark Crystal
Mean Girls
Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back
Phoenix Nights s1&2
Silky
A minor Amazon splurge occurred today.
Season 2 and Season3 of Entourage may have been ordered.
sweetbutinsane
I pre-ordered War Horse and Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows the other day. I'm quite excited for both arriving.
GundamGuy_UK
I bought Michael Jackson's Vision today. I think he was the best musical artist ever. This collection of all his videos is awesome, and the packaging is simply amazing.

Those little images are those things (whose name I forget) where they move when you tilt them, so it has little clips from his videos as the cover. Really neat.
It also comes with a big thick booklet (about as thick as a DVD case) with production photos from all the videos.
Raven
What should I buy as my first ever Blu-ray purchase?

It obviously needs to be something that will make the most of the medium, but at the same time I don't want to buy something crap (so no Transformers!).

I'm leaning towards Star Trek, at the moment.

Any suggestions?
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (Raven @ Jun 29 2012, 02:38 PM) *

It obviously needs to be something that will make the most of the medium, but at the same time I don't want to buy something crap (so no Transformers!).

Any suggestions?

I have heard that the Star Wars Blu-rays look great, but of course they're also the newly cut versions.
Star Trek would be a good one, and cheap too most likely.

Anime movies look amazing on Blu-ray, really sharp and clear. So something remastered into BR would be good, if you like that sort of thing.
NiteFall
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jun 29 2012, 02:18 PM) *
Those little images are those things (whose name I forget) where they move when you tilt them, so it has little clips from his videos as the cover.

Lenticular images. That's what they're called.
Raven
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jun 29 2012, 02:58 PM) *
I have heard that the Star Wars Blu-rays look great, but of course they're also the newly cut versions.

Not going to happen, no matter how good they look!

Anime movies look amazing on Blu-ray, really sharp and clear. So something remastered into BR would be good, if you like that sort of thing.

Good idea, I'll take a look to see what Studio Ghibli films are available.
NiteFall
Apparently the blu-ray transfer of the Back To The Future trilogy is just fantastic.
Also Planet Earth and Life in HD are just staggering.
Julie
QUOTE (Raven @ Jun 29 2012, 08:38 AM) *

Any suggestions?

I agree with Kei. Planet Earth was my first Bluray. It's pretty astounding.
Raven
Thanks for the suggestions. I was actually looking at Yellowstone earlier as well.
NiteFall
HOLY CRAPBALLS I WANT IT!

US exclusive it seems though. And 90.
Raven
The complete first season of [the increasingly inaccurately named] Space 1999 on Blu-ray for just 25.00 from Amazon!
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (Raven @ Jul 27 2012, 05:33 PM) *
The complete first season of [the increasingly inaccurately named] Space 1999 on Blu-ray for just 25.00 from Amazon!

I loved that show. Gotta love the funky intro music, and the quick-cuts of what's going to feature in the episode.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.