Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spaced fan fiction
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced
beth563
Do you guys know of any good sites with Spaced fan fiction? Do you (as a group) and the creators of Spaced condone it?
I found a few stories, but they verged on good/not so good/incomplete.
Raven
I don't know what Simon or Jessica think about it - I'm pretty sure I've never heard them comment on it - but I do remember someone starting a fan-fiction thread on here several years ago, and the reaction of most posters was pretty negative, as I recall.
Jon 79
QUOTE (Raven @ Oct 28 2008, 11:18 PM) *
I don't know what Simon or Jessica think about it - I'm pretty sure I've never heard them comment on it - but I do remember someone starting a fan-fiction thread on here several years ago, and the reaction of most posters was pretty negative, as I recall.

Yeah,... It was decided that it was blasphemous... and so the perpetrator was promptly nailed to a tree.

Give it a go if you want though. wink.gif
beth563
Yep, the word blasphemous fits in nicely.

Besides, it was SO VERY WELL WRITTEN by Jessica and Simon, there's no way to "do it yourself."
Though I did daydream once driving home, thinking up a getting together of Tim and Daisy. But I guess everybody's done that at one time or another.
Jon 79
I was thinking the other day,... not of writting my own bit of spaced, but what the 3rd series would've been like had they made it.
We know in the last episode Tim & Daisy kiss. ...I just have this version of this unwritten scene in my head: They say what needs to be said in a close up shot. lean in slowly. kiss. ...and its a long kiss to the length of a chorus from that 'Suddenly' music from Scot & Charlene's wedding, whilst the camera tracks around them 360 degrees.

Yeah, there's not much detail, but given that we know the style, you could probably think of any situation and make it more spaced like.
... come to think of it, that's not a bad idea.... What if we took the story line from another sitcom & gave it the spaced treatment?

...maybe not.
Wife Of Rolex
I did have a couple of ideas - including and almost completely thought out 1st episode - but that was back in 2005 and I've so far failed to return to it.

It was good, though. BAFTA Award winning good.
Everlong
I've sometimes wanted to write a couple of scenes. I like writing random stuff.
curtinparloe
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Dec 13 2008, 03:15 PM) *
I did have a couple of ideas - including and almost completely thought out 1st episode - but that was back in 2005 and I've so far failed to return to it.

It was good, though. BAFTA Award winning good.

I thought out a one-off episode, but I've lost the bit of paper.

Although it could have been a fag packet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.