Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Zoe
If these were real cards, I'd totally buy them

http://sky1.sky.com/lost-valentine-downloads

Romantic AND inappropriate
Ade
Brillo.
logger
Somebody on lostpedia noticed this from episode 3, so I'll spoiler it. The date on Claire's ultrasound is a a month after the crash has taken place (I had a look and they're right), which means everything in the alternate reality is a month late. It could mean something or it could just be a red herring.
Jimmay
Episode 3 - A bit shit and disappointing. I'm seriously concerned about where the show is going.
UnderSpaced
Can't wait to hear what everyone thought about episode 4.
omni
QUOTE (UnderSpaced @ Feb 18 2010, 10:36 AM) *
Can't wait to hear what everyone thought about episode 4.

Re the numbers: I'm surprised they dropped such a huge answer to a long running question of the show that bluntly. This thing that has taken Locke's form is clearly not to be trusted, so who's to say that the info is totally accurate.

4 - Locke
8 - Reyes
15 - Ford
16 - Jarrah
23 - Shephard
42 - Kwon
logger
I think Sawyer is in trouble.

Is the boy a young Jacob?
UnderSpaced
QUOTE (omni @ Feb 18 2010, 10:48 AM) *

42 - Kwon

I wonder which one it is, unless they are both possible candidates and one is the fallback if something happens to the other.

I also wonder why Kate wasn't one of the possible candidates?
omni
QUOTE (UnderSpaced @ Feb 18 2010, 04:17 PM) *
I wonder which one it is, unless they are both possible candidates and one is the fallback if something happens to the other.

I also wonder why Kate wasn't one of the possible candidates?

I didn't notice she wasn't on the list! Probably because I'm so !!%!$@$ sick of her.
logger
I think somebody on lostpedia went through all the visible names and they were all men. I don't know if that theory got shot down or not.
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (omni @ Feb 18 2010, 03:48 PM) *

Re the numbers: I'm surprised they dropped such a huge answer to a long running question of the show that bluntly. This thing that has taken Locke's form is clearly not to be trusted, so who's to say that the info is totally accurate.

But what's the Answer with a capital A there? How does that explain the magical significance of the numbers in the past? The hatch numbers, Hurley's lottery choices, etc etc... They may be scrawled on the roof of a cave, but like so many so called reveals on Lost, you have to ask yourself "So What?".
Zoe
Sawyer made me cry about Juliet for the 4th episode running on Friday! God he's good. They have to be leading up to bringing her back (in the parallel timeline) right? If Locke's Dad isn't an arsehole in that reality, maybe Sawyer isn't all fucked up, and maybe he's with Juliet?

I love that all the little details they dropped in earlier series, seemingly irrelevant coincidences, are paying off now - such as Hurley owning the box company.

I'm really loving that all bets are off in parallel LA (what happens if you set-off a H-Bomb on a butterfly flapping its wings).

What I can't figure out is how little Ben escaped the blast and got back to LA. Unless the bomb didn't in fact go off, and 'the incident' isn't what's changed things. After all if they never crashed on island, how could they have set the bomb off?

*head explodes*
Ade
QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 22 2010, 11:57 AM) *
Sawyer made me cry about Juliet for the 4th episode running on Friday! God he's good. They have to be leading up to bringing her back (in the parallel timeline) right? If Locke's Dad isn't an arsehole in that reality, maybe Sawyer isn't all fucked up, and maybe he's with Juliet?

Here's to hoping - they've been the best couple in Lost bar none. Well, on that note...

QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 22 2010, 11:57 AM) *
I love that all the little details they dropped in earlier series, seemingly irrelevant coincidences, are paying off now - such as Hurley owning the box company.

(agreed)

...I'm also rooting for a Hurley/Libby re-connection - they made a really sweet couple. I really hope they fill in the major blank regarding Libby's character arc in some way too.
omni
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Feb 22 2010, 06:53 AM) *
But what's the Answer with a capital A there? How does that explain the magical significance of the numbers in the past? The hatch numbers, Hurley's lottery choices, etc etc... They may be scrawled on the roof of a cave, but like so many so called reveals on Lost, you have to ask yourself "So What?".

I should have been more clear, but I hate using spoiler tags. I was surprised they revealed so much about the origin of the numbers, that they did indeed come from Jacob, and that they denote certain people on the island. What the actual "value" of the numbers denotes is still a mystery, but that's the fun of the show for me; the more answers you get, the more questions you have. It's like life in that way. So while you may be saying "So What?", I'm saying "I wonder where this will lead."
Jimmay
Well that was far better than the last episode but they had better hurry up and sort out where they're going as we've only got 12 episodes left.
monkeyman
Only 12? I thought it was going to be in the 20's. You're right they definetely need to get a move on.
Jimmay
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Feb 23 2010, 09:45 AM) *
Only 12? I thought it was going to be in the 20's. You're right they definetely need to get a move on.

Yeah, I thought there were only 16 episodes in this season, just like the last two.

May be wrong though.
Ade
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Feb 23 2010, 08:46 AM) *
Well that was far better than the last episode but they had better hurry up and sort out where they're going as we've only got 12 episodes left.
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Feb 23 2010, 09:45 AM) *

20+? No, seasons 4-6 were always going to be shorter than 1-3, they told us so. However, IMDB have listed the final season at 18 episodes in length. Given that 'Episode 6.1' was a double-feature (but isn't listed as such), I'm guessing the 'Episode 6.18' finale will be a double-whammy as well. Assuming IMDB have got all their facts straight, that would suggest we have 15 (possibly 16) more episodes to go, inclusive of this week's.

They've got room enough to tie everything up methinks. Either way, we should have some excellent answer-packed episodes ahead of us.

eta: Seasons 4/5 were 14/17 episodes long respectively, just for the sake of statistics.
Zoe
I bet it just loops back to the plane crashing and starts all over again
Ade
QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 23 2010, 10:30 AM) *

Hmm, I wonder. Could be, but perhaps with completely different plane/passengers, etc.
logger
QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 23 2010, 10:30 AM) *

Possibly.
Cuse: I think how people react to the end of "Lost" really depends a lot on how you approach the show. People who have approached the show as "It's more about the journey and less about the destination," will probably be more satisfied than the people that are like, "I gotta get there, I gotta get there, I gotta get there." We believe that there are certain things on the show that if we try to explain, it will just be lame.

Lindelof: It's impossible to predict what the reaction to the final episode of "Lost" is going to be, but you know, we can almost guarantee that it will be polarizing because if it's not polarizing then it won't be "Lost." What we have set out to do is make ourselves love it....This is kind of the defining work of both our careers and most of the writers' careers and most of the actors' careers. If we can make ourselves happy, then that's really all that we can achieve.

I wonder if they'll answer this question,
Zoe
I don't really think that

I like cartoon sawyer - he reminds me of gaston
logger
Boo episode 5 ending when it did.
omni
So here's neat little Easter egg in the lighthouse:

Inscribed above the lighthouse reflector: seus siyd dadru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi. Read backwards, it says "I show not your face but your daddy issues."

A lot of stuff better blow up in the next episode. They don't have enough time to do slowburn storytelling anymore.

I'm wondering if #108 is Desmond.
logger
QUOTE (omni @ Feb 24 2010, 04:50 PM) *
A lot of stuff better blow up in the next episode. They don't have enough time to do slowburn storytelling anymore.

Hopefully Clousseau and the Locke Monster will attack the temple next week.
logger
Nothing to do with Lost but Ben in prison training video from 1992
omni
QUOTE (logger @ Feb 24 2010, 12:42 PM) *
Hopefully Clousseau and the Locke Monster will attack the temple next week.

How prophetic.
logger
That's the best episode of this season, easy. It was always going to be great, being a Ben-centric episode. I also liked Hurley questioning Richard, Miles stealing Nikki and Paulo's diamonds, Jack playing dynamite chicken with Richard (I kind of wanted it to blow up even though I like Jack), a more grown up Alex, Locke fueling Dr. Ben's lust for power and then for next week Jim Robinson arriving by submarine.
Ade
QUOTE (logger @ Mar 10 2010, 09:34 AM) *
That's the best episode of this season, easy.

I quite agree. Emotionally, dramatically and thematically far better than the previous six. Plenty to like.
Zoe
Charlotte?! Bloody CS Lewis!?

I really thought the blind date was going to be Juliet.

*sniffs*
Chapman Baxter
Yeah, but she was smoking hot.
Zoe
Eurgh.

They bring back Charlotte, but no Daniel, Juliet (or Desmond for that matter) - what a swizz
omni
So yeah, that last one was pretty damn boring. Huge opportunity to give one of your most interesting characters an equally interesting back story and you only go back 140 years? FAIL. They didn't even explain where he gets his eyeliner from!

Grumble.
Ade
Actually, I really quite enjoyed the latest episode.

QUOTE (Zoe @ Mar 25 2010, 09:32 AM) *
Charlotte?! Bloody CS Lewis!?
QUOTE (Chapman Baxter @ Mar 25 2010, 09:41 AM) *
Yeah, but she was smoking hot.

Damn straight! I was never a fan of Charlotte in previous episodes, but hot damn, ooo-whee, I'll have a slice o' that please!

Ahem.

QUOTE (Zoe @ Mar 25 2010, 09:32 AM) *
I really thought the blind date was going to be Juliet.

*sniffs*

Granted, that would've been much better.
logger
QUOTE (Ade @ Mar 25 2010, 06:33 PM) *
Actually, I really quite enjoyed the latest episode.

I thought it was corking. Arf.
Jimmay
Any other thoughts on where the series is going. I thought this last episode was quite unusual as it answered some questions outright without pussyfooting around but I'm not sue if I like where it was going. If the whole thing turns out to be a God vs The Devil allegory I'm not sure if I'll be satisfied.
Sostie
If the "alternate" storyline is what happened if the big explosion never happened on the island, I'm getting right royally confused.
Zoe
It was supposed to be the result of the hydrogen bomb going off in 1973 (hence the island being underwater in the present and flight 815 not crashing), but a few elements of the alternate timeline suggest it might be something else that's changed things.

Ben not being blown up for a start.

I think they gave too much information last week for the good vs evil thing to be the full explanation for the island, I don't think they'd show their hand so soon.

Good blog
Jessopjessopjessop
I hadn't enjoyed an episode of Lost for some time before last week's. Strangely, the last one was Desmond's 'Time Traveller's Wife' episode. I think I'm so sick of the ongoing arc and the core cast, that the stand-alone shows are more appealing and involving. We have always wanted to know more about Richard, and there were some genuine answers.

And for the first time the answers did not simply make you ask "so what?" afterwards, but rather "so that's it!". Overall it was reasonably gratifying and satisfying, something Lost could never normally be accused of being.

I rather it not be God and the Devil (off the bible), but an eternal Good vs Evil struggle would be satisfying enough considering how different the show started out in the first place.

Ellie's rather good prediction for the final shot would be Jack and Locke sitting on the very same log as Jacob and his pal, having taken their places for the rest of time...
Everlong
I've heard a rumour (or an effing big spoiler) that the penultimate episode has NONE of the regular characters in it. Very interesting.
Zoe
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Mar 29 2010, 12:34 PM) *
Ellie's rather good prediction for the final shot would be Jack and Locke sitting on the very same log as Jacob and his pal, having taken their places for the rest of time...

I am starting to suspect the very same thing - it seems a popular theory on the interwebs

It would make me happy because I hate Jack, fingers crossed Kate will get brained by a falling coconut too.

All this God vs the Devil stuff is fine - but what about the flash sideways eh? How's that going to be resolved? It can't end well, everyone's far too happy in that parallel universe at the minute (Kate excluded).
Jimmay

I hope this is the case as the thought of it has made my stomach do a little flip. It would make all of the seasons leading up to the finale make sense as Jack and Locke are always at each others throats anyway.

(Kate excluded)

I wish she would be!
logger
Kate's going to end up with Sawyer. They're going to fly the sub off the island.

QUOTE (Zoe @ Mar 29 2010, 11:46 AM) *
It was supposed to be the result of the hydrogen bomb going off in 1973

Zoe
I knew it was probably wrong when I typed it, but I couldn't even be arsed to google it. Next time I will just write 'in the seventies' or possible 'in fiction'.

I'm suprised I got the flight number right to be honest. I couldn't even remember what Sawyer's real name was the other day.

What-evs
logger
To be honest it was supposed to be '1977?' but I missed the question mark.
Ade

I really like the sound of that. I reckon Ellie's bang on the money there.
UnderSpaced
I had a feeling that's what was locked up in the sub...
Zoe
Now now everyone, just be careful of pre-UK airing spoilers...
Jimmay
QUOTE (Zoe @ Mar 31 2010, 09:54 AM) *
Now now everyone, just be careful of pre-UK airing spoilers...

My thoughts entirely. I know it's only a titchy spoiler but it does still make me do a little internal "Shut uuuUuUup."
logger
Lost the animated series
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.