Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spaced on Dave?
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced
Bloomeeney
Watching Dave last night I half caught a promo for their Autumn schedule and I am sure they said thay are showing Spaced!!! Any one else catch this or knows any more?
Raven
Basic Program Details Here (times and dates only).
Wife Of Rolex
Dave obviously didn't want to see their photos. They cut the end of the scene where they're having the interview with Marsha and went straight into an ad break, even though it has its own outro. When it came back it went straight to Daisy saying goodbye to her squater pals.

They completely missed out the the head bash, Marsha giving them the flat, the popping dry smiles, Daisy saying, "Don't you want to see our photos," and Tim putting his arm around her neck to shut her up. That's pretty much a whole minute.

I hope they're not doing that with every episode, with the scenes that lead into the ad break. They don't need to do that at all.
Baz
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Oct 20 2009, 10:21 AM) *
Dave obviously didn't want to see their photos. They cut the end of the scene where they're having the interview with Marsha and went straight into an ad break, even though it has its own outro. When it came back it went straight to Daisy saying goodbye to her squater pals.

They completely missed out the the head bash, Marsha giving them the flat, the popping dry smiles, Daisy saying, "Don't you want to see our photos," and Tim putting his arm around her neck to shut her up. That's pretty much a whole minute.

I hope they're not doing that with every episode, with the scenes that lead into the ad break. They don't need to do that at all.

Seems Simon was not too pleased about the cuts Dave made as well going by his Twitter last night.
Raven
Kinda puzzling, given that C4 is also a commercial station and they managed to show it in 30 minutes . . .

ETA:

Dave are now saying future episodes won't be cut - at least I think that is the case, if I'm following Twitter correctly . . .
melzilla
QUOTE (Raven @ Oct 20 2009, 11:56 PM) *
Dave are now saying future episodes won't be cut - at least I think that is the case, if I'm following Twitter correctly . . .

Good! It really was quite an odd choice. I assumed it was a mistake.
Everlong
Yeah it popped up on twitter that they've apologised to Edgar and Simon.

Glad future episodes will remain as they were.
Raven
Rumours that someone called "McG" was behind the edits are entirely unfounded . . .
gulfcoast_highwayman
This appeared from 'UKTV' on DS:

Hi everyone,

We're glad you're enjoying the reruns of Spaced on Dave. However we are very sorry that we removed certain parts of episode 1.

Having taken all feedback on board (including Simon Pegg's and Edgar Wright's on Twitter!), the remaining episodes will play out in their entirety and the placement of the commercial break will be in the same place as it was when Channel 4 showed it originally.

Hopefully this will enable you all to enjoy the series as you remembered it the first time around

Good news.
logger
I wonder if they did it to gauge the reaction as some kind of clue to the ratings.
Raven
QUOTE (logger @ Oct 21 2009, 08:58 PM) *
I wonder if they did it to gauge the reaction as some kind of clue to the ratings.

I think they would just look at the overnight viewing figures for that.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (logger @ Oct 21 2009, 08:58 PM) *

No, I'm fairly sure it was what's called a fuck up.
Jon 79
Perhaps Dave had promised advertisers very specific time slots...
Edgar never cut the original episodes the same; the place of the averts and indeed to total running times varies from episode to episode.
melzilla
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Oct 22 2009, 01:48 AM) *
Perhaps Dave had promised advertisers very specific time slots...
Edgar never cut the original episodes the same; the place of the averts and indeed to total running times varies from episode to episode.

Surely most TV series are like that, though? It seems very sloppy of them not to take notice of the correct timings. Even if they'd promised slots to advertisers, cutting programmes mid-sentence is not acceptable.
Miss Shazam
It's like the ITV2 butchering of Shaun all over again. I'm just glad I'm not watching it.
Raven
QUOTE (Miss Shazam @ Oct 30 2009, 10:04 PM) *
It's like the ITV2 butchering of Shaun all over again. I'm just glad I'm not watching it.

There was nothing missing from last Monday's episode (well, not that I noticed anyway) and it was actually quite nice to be watching it "live" again.
Miss Shazam
QUOTE (Raven @ Oct 31 2009, 01:00 AM) *
There was nothing missing from last Monday's episode (well, not that I noticed anyway) and it was actually quite nice to be watching it "live" again.

Understandale that it feels somewhat familiar for someone like yourself who enjoyed it the first time round on C4. I've always found seeing on television a bit weird - me being a 'newbie' of sorts.

The first episode I watched was from my boxest.
Raven
QUOTE (Miss Shazam @ Oct 31 2009, 08:12 PM) *
Understandale that it feels somewhat familiar for someone like yourself who enjoyed it the first time round on C4. I've always found seeing on television a bit weird - me being a 'newbie' of sorts.

To ask the obvious question:

Other than seeing it on Dave, when have you ever seen it on TV?!

(Weren't you eight - or thereabouts - when it was last shown on C4?).
Miss Shazam
QUOTE (Raven @ Nov 1 2009, 01:08 AM) *
To ask the obvious question:

Other than seeing it on Dave, when have you ever seen it on TV?!

(Weren't you eight - or thereabouts - when it was last shown on C4?).

Do you remember C4's Frost and Pegg's Perfect TV Night In? It was on about a two years or so ago, and they showed 1.6 and 2.5 straight afterwards.

That was the first time I saw it on TV - having already bought my boxset - and it felt a bit weird seeing it knowing that other people were watching it too. That makes me sound weirdly possessive.
davejeffery
Debates aside - still good to see Spaced back on the tele ....
Miss Shazam
I still haven't caught it, though. A bonus is that I can finally get people to watch it who I don't trust with my boxset.
grumpygit
Saturday 23rd January.
Spaced Night on Dave.
1st series - 9.00pm to 1.00am.
logger
Wonder if they'll fix the first episode this time round.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.