Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Hot Fuzz
clovell
hi im an A level student and im doing a smale scale research project on Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg and their films
my question is How does the writers past experiences feature in the film? and i was wondering if anyone might have any information i could use.
Chapman Baxter
Welcome to the site. Be prepared for pointed comments about spelling and grammar.

I know very little about their personal lives, and to be honest I'm not that interested in finding out more. For me, their films - and Spaced - are about creating humour and meaning through our shared experience of a slightly geeky version of popular culture. To understand Hot Fuzz, it's more important to know about the films and TV shows they've seen than the lives they have led.
Raven
I would suggest you watch the extras on the Spaced, Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz DVDs and, in particular, the commentaries on those disks as - from memory - there are quite a few references to their past experiences influencing various scenes in all three.

Past that, there may be more information on peggster.net and edgarwright.co.uk, if you are up for a trawl through those sites (I'm not sure there's much on here, but reading through the interviews section and Edgar's Q & A page may elicit some further information).

Good luck with your project!
clovell
QUOTE (Chapman Baxter @ Oct 16 2009, 10:20 AM) *
Welcome to the site. Be prepared for pointed comments about spelling and grammar.

I know very little about their personal lives, and to be honest I'm not that interested in finding out more. For me, their films - and Spaced - are about creating humour and meaning through our shared experience of a slightly geeky version of popular culture. To understand Hot Fuzz, it's more important to know about the films and TV shows they've seen than the lives they have led.

ok thnks
clovell
QUOTE (Raven @ Oct 16 2009, 10:21 AM) *
I would suggest you watch the extras on the Spaced, Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz DVDs and, in particular, the commentaries on those disks as - from memory - there are quite a few references to their past experiences influencing various scenes in all three.

Past that, there may be more information on peggster.net and edgarwright.co.uk, if you are up for a trawl through those sites (I'm not sure there's much on here, but reading through the interviews section and Edgar's Q & A page may elicit some further information).

Good luck with your project!

ok thanks for the tips!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.