Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Month of Matinees
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Cast Watch
grumpygit
Sun, 6 Dec 2009, 15:30 on BBC 6 Music

December's A Month of Sundays turns into A Month of Matinees as Simon Pegg hosts the first of four shows presented by British actors or directors.

Writer, comedian and director Simon Pegg launches A Month of Matinees with two hours of music that's helped to shape his career and personal life. Simon takes us back to the days of being a Goth, which he decided wasn't for him following a painful wardrobe malfunction. We hear of scrapes with Jay Z, Coldplay's Chris Martin walking around with his trousers down and attacking Zombies with limited edition vinyl. The Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz star gives us an insight into the thinking process behind these scripts and where he gets his inspiration from. And yes Trekky fans, Simon tells us what it's like to operate the Starship Enterprise.

The other presenters for A Month of Matinees are Martin Freeman (13th Dec),
Edgar Wright (20th Dec) and Bill Nighy (27th Dec).
grumpygit
simonpegg
BBC 6 Music today at 15.30. Tune in to hear me spin some ov my fav songs and talk a lot of rubbish about them.
about 3 hours ago from TweetDeck
ChromeBaby
HA! laugh.gif

Just started listening to it! Enjoying Huey and then... Came as a nice surprise. Looking forward to loads of interesting music and fwunnee showbiz anecdotes.
grumpygit
Sunday 20th December 15:30 on BBC 6 Music

A Month of Matinees continues with the British film director Edgar Wright.
Making his name as the director of the cult British comedy TV show Spaced Edgar has gone on to direct the two biggest British comedy films in recent years - Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. Today he plays tunes from his record collection and explains how certain music comes to be used in certain parts of films. There's also an insight into his favourite work in other soundtracks.
Everlong
Missed them both!

Will listen to Edgar's on iplayer later though, if I remember, that is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.