Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Popcorn
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Jessopjessopjessop
Inspired by Zoe's Cava + Trinity recommendation, this is a thread for those perfect combinations of telly or films and foods.

At university I watched Twin Peaks marathons with cherry pies, and recently can't resist a mixer with Mad Men.

Post it!
ella
The Big Lebowski and a pitcher of White Russians.
Sostie
Anything and a pitcher of White Russians

As long as I have a pack of cigs and a cold can of diet coke or cup of black coffe at hand, I'm quite happy.

QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Mar 4 2010, 02:07 PM) *
recently can't resist a mixer with Mad Men.

Mad Men and a box of tissues for me.
Zoe
It must be very moving...
Rua
Good whiskey & Battlestar Galactica.

You can pretend you're drinking with The Old Man.
Everlong
Sailor Jerry's (and optional Coke/diet coke) when watching a comedy, be it a film, sitcom or stand-up.

Going with Rua's post, Whiskey and Sci-fi is a good combo.
Raven
Steak, eggs and mash whilst watching Twister.
Rua
Any dish with a good Ragł while watching Goodfellas.
Everlong
[DELETED]: Actually that was lame.
Sostie
QUOTE (Everlong @ Mar 4 2010, 03:07 PM) *
[DELETED]: Actually that was lame.

That's what I wear when I watch Velvet Goldmine
Rua
QUOTE (Everlong @ Mar 4 2010, 02:58 PM) *
Going with Rua's post, Whiskey and Sci-fi is a good combo.

Battlestar in particular. That lot beat it into them at any given opportunity.
logger
Last Tango in Paris and a buttery cock.
Sostie
QUOTE (logger @ Mar 4 2010, 03:43 PM) *
Last Tango in Paris and a buttery cock.

Nob of butter would have been better
Serafina_Pekkala
Surely you'd be drinking with Colonel Tigh, Rua? He is the whisky man.

I always want to have the food in Merlottes when watching True Blood. Those fries look good.
Rua
We'd lick each others bald heads & weep.
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Mar 4 2010, 04:18 PM) *
I always want to have the food in Merlottes when watching True Blood. Those fries look good.

Yes! In a basket!

McNulty and Bodie eating burger and fries in Season 4 of The Wire made me want a burger and fries. FACT!
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Mar 4 2010, 04:29 PM) *
McNulty and Bodie eating burger and fries in Season 4 of The Wire made me want a burger and fries. FACT!

When i see those vials, I want some crack y'all.
Llama
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Mar 4 2010, 04:29 PM) *
Yes! In a basket!

Agreed. I actually would like to try some True Blood as well. Just a sip, to say I have... that's probably weird.
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Llama @ Mar 4 2010, 04:39 PM) *
Agreed. I actually would like to try some True Blood as well. Just a sip, to say I have... that's probably weird.

You can buy replica bottles in Forbidden Planet. Don't know what it tastes like... chicken stock?
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Mar 5 2010, 10:55 AM) *
You can buy replica bottles in Forbidden Planet. Don't know what it tastes like... chicken stock?

Tomato juice. Bleurgh.

Tarantino movies are good for drinks - I want to do a drinks run and need suggestions. So far -

Kill Bill 1 and 2 - assorted vodkas and juices. And some saki. But also - themed with which 'snake'? It's an idea.
Pulp Fiction - Dacquiri, margaritas or just some milkshakes!
NiteFall
Surely a burger with Pulp Fiction?
maian
I once tried to drink along with Deadwood by having a glass of whisky every time someone on screen had a drink. I was pretty smashed within half an hour and very sick the following day.
Everlong
QUOTE (maian @ Mar 5 2010, 11:36 AM) *
I once tried to drink along with Deadwood by having a glass of whisky every time someone on screen had a drink. I was pretty smashed within half an hour and very sick the following day.

The lord of the rings drinking game in which you take a shot or spirit or a mouthful of beer when your chosen character appeared on screen was fun, easy to get smashed too. We only tried it with Two Towers though, can't imagine doing the whole trilogy in one day.

Also, after years and 20ish bond films, I tried Martini shaken not stirred a couple of years ago (but not during a Bond film). Didn't think much of it, was alright though.
Raven
A bottle of Pinot when watching Sideways (NOT merlot!).
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Raven @ Mar 5 2010, 11:56 AM) *
A bottle of Pinot when watching Sideways (NOT merlot!).

I hate that film on so many levels - I'd end up throwing it at the screen.
logger
I only got half way through, I never understood what all the fuss was about.
Llama
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Mar 5 2010, 10:55 AM) *

So you can! But "delicious blood orange carbonated drink" doesn't quite seem the same.
logger
Put some mince in a blender.
Ade
The healthy option: eat an orange with The Godfather trilogy.
Sostie
QUOTE (maian @ Mar 5 2010, 11:36 AM) *
I once tried to drink along with Deadwood by having a glass of whisky every time someone on screen had a drink.

I played a similar game with Silence Of The Lambs. Everytime someone tucked their winkie away to create a mangina, so would I.

I was like a beautiful butterfly.
omni
QUOTE (Rua @ Mar 4 2010, 11:19 AM) *
We'd lick each others bald heads & weep.

And then order a diagnostic on DRAIDIS.
widowspider
QUOTE (Sostie @ Mar 5 2010, 04:06 PM) *
I played a similar game with Silence Of The Lambs. Everytime someone tucked their winkie away to create a mangina, so would I.

I have what is both a disturbing and hilarious image in my head now.
Kick in the Head
QUOTE (Sostie @ Mar 5 2010, 04:06 PM) *

Chuckles.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.