Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Game of Thrones
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Rebus
I like how all he needed to do was look at his wine when Cersei asked him what he wanted in life, that scene between them was overall pretty good.
Serafina_Pekkala
I can't get to watch this.

I hate you all.
Sostie
You missed male full frontal nudity this week. Though said member did seem to get floppy very soon after coitus. Dark ages diet must be responsible.
maian
Note: Not sure if the title of the episode would mean anything to people who haven't read the books, but I've spoilered it anyway to ere on the side of caution.

Just read that the title of next week's episode is "A Golden Crown", which has me excited since it's one of my favourite moments in the book. Hope they do it justice.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Sostie @ May 17 2011, 10:43 AM) *
You missed male full frontal nudity this week. Though said member did seem to get floppy very soon after coitus. Dark ages diet must be responsible.

Stop making it worse for me. I'll just get grumpy.
Chapman Baxter
QUOTE (maian @ May 17 2011, 03:14 PM) *
Hope they do it justice.

The adaptation has been pretty awesome so far, so I'm optimistic. Though actually I'm glad the writers are now adding more of their own scenes to make the story work better on TV. The scene between Robert and Cersei was fantastic.
Sostie
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ May 17 2011, 03:16 PM) *
Stop making it worse for me. I'll just get grumpy.

I believe it was Lily Allen's brother's knob.

Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Sostie @ May 17 2011, 03:45 PM) *
I believe it was Lily Allen's brother's knob.

I'll pass.

Grumpiness avoided.

(still hate the downloaders)
maian
QUOTE (Chapman Baxter @ May 17 2011, 02:30 PM) *
The adaptation has been pretty awesome so far, so I'm optimistic. Though actually I'm glad the writers are now adding more of their own scenes to make the story work better on TV. The scene between Robert and Cersei was fantastic.

Oh, I've no doubt that they'll do a good job of it, based on what has gone before, but it's one of the moments that really made my jaw drop when I was reading it, so I'm extra hopeful that it works on screen.

I'm glad that they have the confidence to start adding things, too, especially since the scenes that they have added are totally in keeping with the characters and tone from the novel. You could imagine that scene between Robert and Cersei happening in the book, if only either or them had chapters devoted to them.
logger
Cock.
Rebus
Fingerbang.
logger
QUOTE (Rebus @ May 30 2011, 10:31 PM) *
Fingerbang.

This works on so many levels.
logger
Stupid Ned Stark
Silky
QUOTE (logger @ Jun 3 2011, 04:46 PM) *

Superb.
laugh.gif
Jimmay
I got hold of all of the series so far and thought I'd sit down and watch the first one last Sunday to see if I'd like it (having never read the books) and ended up watching 5 episodes in a row. It's absolutely fantastic.

Some of the accents are a bit wonky and Peter Dinklage sounds like Richard Wilson in some scenes which makes me chuckle but I can't fault the acting one bit. I had never even heard of the books before a couple of months ago but I'm really looking forward to the rest of the series now. My favourite story arc so far is everything going on with the Dothraki and with the series as a whole, although there are a hell of a lot of characters, families and politics to take in I'm keeping on top of it. It all seems pretty predictable as to its outcomes though so I hope I'm surprised in that respect.
Chapman Baxter
I'd be very interested to hear your predictions, actually.
logger
Ooooh, I'm not sure about dragons.
Chapman Baxter
^ No spoilers before the UK broadcast, please.
logger
Ooops, sorry.
mcraigclark
QUOTE (logger @ Jun 13 2011, 12:39 PM) *

I love this. That kid is so easy to hate.
Silky
QUOTE (mcraigclark @ Jun 21 2011, 12:01 AM) *
I love this. That kid is so easy to hate.

You're not kidding. I find myself actually gritting my teeth when he's on screen.
That might change now the Imp is to be his Hand. If only because the Imp is arguably my favourite character, and should distract me.
Rebus
Anyone who finds themselves in NI. Massive extras casting call for Season Two.

The casting day will be held in The Holiday Inn, 22 Ormeau Avenue, Belfast on Monday 4th July between 11am and 7pm. As well as normal extras parts, ‘special roles’ will also be filled on the day and so hopefuls are asked to bring along headshots and portfolios if they have them.

- MALES of all hair lengths – short, medium & long who are prepared to let their hair grow from now until Jan 2012 and/or bearded males
- Strong and fit males, sporty types
- Archers, swordfighters or re-enactors and people with military experience
- Blacksmiths & Iron Workers
- Skilled building tradespeople
- Farmhands
- Ship/Deck hands and sailors
- Butchers/Hunters
- Females aged 35-65 with non-dyed long hair past their shoulders

This news that they want 'thousands', is a very good sign of things to come.
Silky
Some castings for the 2nd series
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Silky @ Jul 21 2011, 04:13 PM) *

Aww Carice is lovely.

This is a good day for nerds who like breasts.
Silky
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Jul 21 2011, 05:12 PM) *
This is a good day for nerds who like breasts.

So, all of them?
Silky
Game of Legos
dandan
i enjoyed this series in the end. at times, i did get bored of it having to do the set ups for all the protagonists but, by the time it reached the final couple of episodes, i became quite excited at the prospect of season two, which this appears to have just been a set up for...
logger
Season 2 trailer
widowspider
Finally watched Season One, having raced through the first two books recently. Oh ma gaaaa, it's so good. They did a great job adapting the behemoth that is book one, keeping salient plot points and giving the major characters time to develop (as well as letting supporting characters have great moments too). The casting is superb and all the performances have been fantastic. I'm particularly loving the smaller characters like Bronn (who I love in the books too) and Jerome Flynn does a brilliant job playing him. Also props to Jack Gleeson for being such a prick as Joffrey.

So, so excited for Season Two.
Silky
He is such an utter prick. He makes my teeth grind when he's on screen.

But he's worth it for The Imp. biggrin.gif
Chapman Baxter
For Tyrion fans.
widowspider
QUOTE (Silky @ Feb 10 2012, 04:16 PM) *
He is such an utter prick. He makes my teeth grind when he's on screen.

But he's worth it for The Imp. biggrin.gif

I'm just impressed, he's very young but doing a brilliant job playing such an unlikeable character. Really good work.

I've been a Dinklage fan since I saw The Station Agent a few years ago. He's just a fabulous actor. Brilliant as Tyrion, I just wish he'd get a better dialect coach. His accent skids all over the place.
Silky
Oh yeah, the kid can definitely act.
I just hope he doesn't end up getting type cast as baddies for the best of his career.
Though it worked for Alan Rickman.
Silky
Simpsons did it.
Silky
Don't keep us hanging Widdy. How was it?

I'm on the shaky moral ground of really wanting to see it but not having Sky I can't. Is it evil to download it, if you then purchase it as soon as you are able to?
monkeyman
Nope. That's perfectly fine in my eyes >,>
Serafina_Pekkala
I have been catching up on this. Not perfect but really good stuff too. Very much enjoying it even the hilarious sorcery style dialogue from Conan the Barbarian. I am glad it does not take itself too seriously. Great cast of some great thespians and young unknowns too.

And I would also happily slaughter, white walkers style, Joffrey the little shit, whiny Sansa the Emo princess and that creepy breast feeding lady with the disturbing son. My least favourites.

Widdy - I rather fancy Bronn an' all. Jerome Flynn of all people. Iain Glenn too, Fillion lookielike Jaime Lannister and we have discussed Gillen. But I prefer the older ones to the wee pups. That saying - Robb Stark has promise.
logger
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Apr 2 2012, 03:03 PM) *
And I would also happily slaughter, white walkers style, Joffrey the little shit,

But he is magnificent at being a little shit.

Also, paper boy from Spaced.
Serafina_Pekkala
I suppose who would Tyrion have to slap if not Joffrey? It would be missed.
gulfcoast_highwayman
BTW, episode is available from the usual sources....
Rebus
Well, that was fantastic. My only concern was that Dragonstone seemed to be a bit hurriedly introduced and people night not have caught names and exactly who people were. I've avoided all news to go with S2 so briefly thought Liam Cunningham was playing Stannis instead of Davos for a second before I cottoned on. Still, loved it, Tyrion was fantastic (Peter Dinklage now has top billing! Awesomesauce!), massive direwolf is massive, the dragon looked bloody awesome, and just when I started to think "hey we haven't have had any gratuitous nudity amid long expositi-oh, no, wait there it is." Vunderbar.
Serafina_Pekkala
Can we spoilerise download episodes please. As per True Blood thread.

or put a warning not to come in here if we haven't seen to the end of Season 1.
Rebus
Apologies if something was spoiled. Are people unaware that GoT features norgs and rooting?
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Rebus @ Apr 4 2012, 11:09 AM) *
Apologies if something was spoiled.

If you are talking about things only available on download, then please put a warning or spoilerise. I have no way of seeing S2 and it was customary to do so on other threads like Lost and TB. I know why Dinklage has top billing because I read a spoiler elsewhere. wink.gif

norgs and rooting

Eh? I think we call them norks here.
Silky
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Apr 4 2012, 01:35 PM) *
If you are talking about things only available on download, then please put a warning or spoilerise. I have no way of seeing S2 and it was customary to do so on other threads like Lost and TB. I know why Dinklage has top billing because I read a spoiler elsewhere. wink.gif

Eh? I think we call them norks here.

Not to stick my nose in, but it's on SKY aswell, so it's not just download.
hehe norks.
Serafina_Pekkala
I don't have Sky Atlantic. And I've already read one or two things here.

I think I have repeated myself enough now. Either people will or they won't.
widowspider
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Apr 2 2012, 03:03 PM) *
I have been catching up on this. Not perfect but really good stuff too. Very much enjoying it even the hilarious sorcery style dialogue from Conan the Barbarian. I am glad it does not take itself too seriously. Great cast of some great thespians and young unknowns too.

And I would also happily slaughter, white walkers style, Joffrey the little shit, whiny Sansa the Emo princess and that creepy breast feeding lady with the disturbing son. My least favourites.

Widdy - I rather fancy Bronn an' all. Jerome Flynn of all people. Iain Glenn too, Fillion lookielike Jaime Lannister and we have discussed Gillen. But I prefer the older ones to the wee pups. That saying - Robb Stark has promise.

Yes, Jerome Flynn in surprisingly-good-acting shocker. He's fun. And oh, Ser Jorah Mormont. He is rather dreamy and tortured.

I won't spoil who dies and who lives, but in true George RR Martin fashion, the answer is almost always 'not who you'd expect or want'.

I missed episode 2 on Sunday so I am going to get it from a download source somewhere. Vince said it was excellent.
Everlong
Season Three greenlit

There'll be Swords-a-stormin'.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.