Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Baldur's Gate 2 - 2012 Campaign
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Silky
Well it's been mentioned in a few different places (mostly by me) so I figured it made sense to give this thing it's own thread.
Anyone interested in joining what will hopefully be a weekly co op game of the story from Baldur's Gate 2 (D&D) should let us know here.
The game is an oldie but a great one, and I've always wanted to play a game with six real people, even though the characters in the original are amazing.
If Ade would be so good as to provide a link to where he downloaded it, so that those who don't already own this decade old game can get there hands on it, that would be great.
Also, if anyone has a specific day that is best for them, let me know.

What you will need.
A copy of the game. (link hopefully provided by Ade)
Skype and a mic (for communications)
A computer

Well that's all I can think off for now, anyone other than Kai and Ade want in?

oh and dibs on the rouge tongue.gif
NiteFall
If you don't mind having a non forum member as well, my good friend Karl would happily join us. Even if he does insist that Planescape: Torment is a better game.

I've voted for any day, but thursdays and Sundays are a little problematic. Any other is fine though.
Silky
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Dec 1 2011, 06:02 PM) *
If you don't mind having a non forum member as well, my good friend Karl would happily join us. Even if he does insist that Planescape: Torment is a better game.

More the merrier.
At least up to six people. tongue.gif

EDIT -
Any day is fine with me really, but weekdays are better. Monday-Thursday ideally.
Ade
QUOTE (Silky @ Dec 1 2011, 05:41 PM) *
If Ade would be so good as to provide a link to where he downloaded it, so that those who don't already own this decade old game can get there hands on it, that would be great.

I would indeed: GOG

Get Goggin'. smile.gif

What you will need.
A copy of the game. (link hopefully provided by Ade)

Check.

Skype and a mic (for communications)

Czech.

A computer

Cheque.
Silky
Chars Ade.

Anyone else?
Newbies to D&D welcome.
zeden
Were I consistent in my sleeping habits I'd gladly join but alas my free time during the hours of the day when you good people are likely to be about (aka normal waking hours) is nil.
Silky
I'm sure it will be an evening affair Zeden.
Silky
Well I've joined GOG and downloaded both Baldur's Gate games. I already own the disk copies, but this is much more convenient.
This could prove to be an expensive mistake.

I'd say we should start with Baldur's Gate 1, for those that haven't played it, but to do this well, requires a little modding, which lets you play BG1 in the much improved BG2 engine.

Also, just to wet a few appetites.

Raven
QUOTE (Silky @ Dec 5 2011, 06:26 PM) *
Also, just to wet a few appetites.

I don't know whether I should be turned on or suffering from a vertigo induced panic attack . . .
Silky
QUOTE (Raven @ Dec 5 2011, 06:52 PM) *
I don't know whether I should be turned on or suffering from a vertigo induced panic attack . . .

How about a compromise? Suffer from a panic attack brought on by arousal? tongue.gif
Raven
That would be more disturbing that that picture.
zeden
QUOTE (Silky @ Dec 2 2011, 11:46 AM) *
I'm sure it will be an evening affair Zeden.

Working nights as I do that's the middle of my sleep time alas, I'm in bed between 2pm and 10pm so unless I happen to get a new job in the new year before you guys kick off I'll be spectating.
fatseff1234
Happy Days it is!

Shall purchase the disk copy after Christmas when I have some spare cash.
Silky
So, for those of us who have signed up (and in an attempt to draw in a few more people hopefully).
What class/race are you planning on playing?
A balanced party is key.
I've tended towards fighters before, but I'm keen to try playing as a rogue, given that now I can focus on controlling my own character, rather than a whole party.
fatseff1234
What options are avaliable?

Haha, total noob here.
Silky
Classes.

Races.
Ade
QUOTE (Silky @ Dec 9 2011, 07:00 PM) *
So, for those of us who have signed up (and in an attempt to draw in a few more people hopefully).
What class/race are you planning on playing?
A balanced party is key.
I've tended towards fighters before, but I'm keen to try playing as a rogue, given that now I can focus on controlling my own character, rather than a whole party.

I quite fancied the 'Rogue' class too, given my tendency to opt for the Fighter class during my D&D days. I rather like the idea of playing as a half-elven bard. Kind of like the minstrel at the end of Blackadder II, only with pointier ears. And a Swiss Army Lute.

I always enjoyed the Thieves' Guild plotlines in Raymond Feist's books, and some sneak thief RPG skullduggery has long since appealed too.

I shall ruminate on the 'class' a tad longer, but I'm fairly settled on half-elf. I'm all but decided on a character name, too: Alfie Helferleather, the Half-Elf Filthy Pilferer.

Too much?

Oh, okay.
Silky
QUOTE (Ade @ Dec 10 2011, 02:57 AM) *
I quite fancied the 'Rogue' class too, given my tendency to opt for the Fighter class during my D&D days. I rather like the idea of playing as a half-elven bard. Kind of like the minstrel at the end of Blackadder II, only with pointier ears. And a Swiss Army Lute.

I always enjoyed the Thieves' Guild plotlines in Raymond Feist's books, and some sneak thief RPG skullduggery has long since appealed too.

I shall ruminate on the 'class' a tad longer, but I'm fairly settled on half-elf. I'm all but decided on a character name, too: Alfie Helferleather, the Half-Elf Filthy Pilferer.

Too much?

Oh, okay.

Sounds perfick Ade. smile.gif
I'd tend more towards the "sneaky sneaky, stabby stabby, looty looty" style of rogue.
I'm tempted to call my character Sir Schmoopy of Awesometown in a reference that no one will get. Maybe not.

Ade
QUOTE (Silky @ Dec 10 2011, 10:09 AM) *
Sounds perfick Ade. smile.gif
I'd tend more towards the "sneaky sneaky, stabby stabby, looty looty" style of rogue.

Well, that was the direction I was initially thinking*, but if that's what you're aiming for I shall steer away - wouldn't want to upset the balance. smile.gif

* eta: I do rather like the sound of the 'Swashbuckler' sub-class option. In fact, as a half-elven character, I also have the advantage of playing a combo-class: I'm thinking Fighter/Mage/Thief

Hmmmm....

*strokes imaginary beard*

QUOTE (Silky @ Dec 10 2011, 10:09 AM) *
I'm tempted to call my character Sir Schmoopy of Awesometown in a reference that no one will get. Maybe not.

You're right. I don't get it. But I like the name 'Schmoopy'. Even if it is a bit cute and cuddly for a stabby-looty sneak thief. But maybe that's the intention, eh? Misdirection.
Silky
lol Ade, if you want to play that way, go ahead. I've more experience as a fighter anyway. smile.gif
NiteFall
Probably a ranger. Maybe dual-specced into something castery if I take the archer subclass, as it's always handy to have a few spells to fling at things when you inevitably run out of arrows mid way through a fight.
Silky
I might go with a magic based class.
Just to be indecisive.
Silky
After playing the first game at the conference I've decided to roll with a Sorcerer. That sleep spell is pretty damn handy.
fatseff1234
Quite like the idea of being a Ranger too, but am sorely tempted to be a whopping great big wizard.
Ade
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Dec 18 2011, 06:26 AM) *
am sorely tempted to be a whopping great big wizard.

What, like 'The Great Soprendo'? tongue.gif

"Piff Paff Poof!"
NiteFall
If anyone doesn't have this yet and is interested, it's only $5 in the sale over at www.gog.com

And so is the single-player, but magnificent Planescape: Torment.
Silky
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Dec 30 2011, 12:13 PM) *
If anyone doesn't have this yet and is interested, it's only $5 in the sale over at www.gog.com

And so is the single-player, but magnificent Planescape: Torment.

Excellent.
That works out at only 3.23.
Well worth it.
Silky
So, when do people want to give this a trial run?
Silky
Any thoughts on when to start?
I rather like the idea of some one who hasn't played before taking the main role and making the decisions, with the rest of us pretty much acting as NPC's, able to offer opinions but not make the choices, or reveal spoilers.
Silky
Man I'd forgotten about this but I'm up for it.

Anyone still in?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.