Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Skyrim
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Silky
Just to stop the bleeding arguments.
Talk about your latest exploits in Tamriel.
So, anyone taken an arrow to the knee lately?

EDIT - Just a quick note. Yes we have a shiny new Skyrim thread, but please do still spoiler tag major spoilers for quest lines.
Don't worry about minor ones really.
I'm sure you all will anyway.

GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (Silky @ Dec 30 2011, 01:03 AM) *
So, anyone taken an arrow to the knee lately?

No, but I did have an icicle going clean through my head once. It remained even after re-loading the game at a later date. No idea when it eventually did disappear, as I play in first-person and just happened to notice it when I wanted to check out my armor. It was there for several hours though, including numerous fast-travels, sleeping, and so on.
Silky
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Dec 30 2011, 01:12 AM) *
No, but I did have an icicle going clean through my head once. It remained even after re-loading the game at a later date. No idea when it eventually did disappear, as I play in first-person and just happened to notice it when I wanted to check out my armor. It was there for several hours though, including numerous fast-travels, sleeping, and so on.

Ouchie. sad.gif
NiteFall
I just managed to hit lvl 30 on my new character, a female Khajit sneak thief / assassin type that I have worked out a backstory for in my head as I've been playing. I've not even been to see the blokes up on their mountain yet. That's how quickly you can level if you're a kleptomaniac and sneak everywhere while pickpocketing everything all the people you meet own. In facxt, I don't think I've managed any major questing outside of that first dragon kill outside Whiterun.
Ade
QUOTE (Silky @ Dec 30 2011, 01:43 AM) *
Ouchie. sad.gif

Hey, why the sad.gif face, man? Clearly it wasn't Death By Icicle, and he was perfectly able to sleep, travel and function in general, until the darn thing had melted. biggrin.gif
Silky
I have to say I am rather enjoying my magic based character. I do miss some of the spells from Morrowind and Oblivion though.

QUOTE (Ade @ Dec 30 2011, 01:50 AM) *
Hey, why the sad.gif face, man? Clearly it wasn't Death By Icicle, and he was perfectly able to sleep, travel and function in general, until the darn thing had melted. biggrin.gif

Think of the brain freeze man.
Ade
QUOTE (Silky @ Dec 30 2011, 01:51 AM) *
Think of the brain freeze man.

biggrin.gif

Alternately, I don't want to think of the Brain Freeze Man. He's scary, man... gives me the shivers.

And for some reason I hear the words "The Brain Freeze Maaaaaan..." in Grampa Simpsons voice. In my mind.

eta: sorry, I realise that has BUGGER ALL to do with Skyrim. As you were.
Silky
QUOTE (Ade @ Dec 30 2011, 01:55 AM) *
biggrin.gif

Alternately, I don't want to think of the Brain Freeze Man. He's scary, man... gives me the shivers.

And for some reason I hear the words "The Brain Freeze Maaaaaan..." in Grampa Simpsons voice. In my mind.

And I pictured the Judderman.
Ade
I like a good judder.
monkeyman
I'm talking to the Greybeards at the moment. Glad I've followed the main quest to this point as you learn words/shouts.
I think I'll strike out in my own when I'm done here though, I think I'll go to the mage guild next.

I'm really enjoying the game, it's just funny how bears/trolls give me more trouble than dragons so far XD
Silky
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Dec 30 2011, 12:08 PM) *
I'm talking to the Greybeards at the moment. Glad I've followed the main quest to this point as you learn words/shouts.
I think I'll strike out in my own when I'm done here though, I think I'll go to the mage guild next.

I'm really enjoying the game, it's just funny how bears/trolls give me more trouble than dragons so far XD

I often lure Dragons towards giants at lower levels. Let both sides do all the hard work while I run around avoiding them both then pick off the winner.
I did once loose a dragon kill to a mudcrab that way though.
Thank god the crab didn't absorb the dragon soul.

Llama
I had a dragon attack Solitude the other day, which was cool. Now there's a huge dragon skeleton right in the courtyard of the Blue Palace.

Anyone else playing Wood Elf? Also, I just started doing more of the main quest, I enjoyed talking to the dragon at the top of the grey beards' mountain, he is cool. Though I did get a bit annoyed with the amount he kept using the dragon language and then following it up with English... just say the English!
Everlong
My first game was a plain old Nord, then after I lost that save, I restarted as a Khajiit.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Dec 30 2011, 12:08 PM) *

That's what I ended up doing, by deciding to wander around and stumbling across the Mage's Guild by accident.
NiteFall
So, I discovered that the easiest way to level sneak is by sneak-attacking and killing people. I then discovered a place where a guard respawns every day where I can sneak up on him and stab him in the back for x15 damage with my shiny glass daggers insta-killing him. there is now a huge pile of dead guards and every so often the guard on duty will look at them and go "I'm going to find whoever did this!", generally just before I sneak up on them and add them to the pile. laugh.gif
sweetbutinsane
Probably shouldn't be in this thread but my concentration levels and memory are screwed up so I'll have forgotten everything that was said by tomorrow morning, never mind the middle of June.

QUOTE (Silky @ Dec 30 2011, 01:03 AM) *

Are those sprouts?
Silky
Cabbages.
Which brings me to another thing that's been bothering me.

sweetbutinsane
laugh.gif

You just reminded me of my weird Oblivion/Fallout crossover dream that I had last night, but that's for another thread...
Silky
QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Dec 30 2011, 09:32 PM) *
laugh.gif

You just reminded me of my weird Oblivion/Fallout crossover dream that I had last night, but that's for another thread...

Which you had best be posting in now. tongue.gif
GundamGuy_UK
All RPGs have that problem. Fallout 3 had candy bars picked from dead radioactive zombies, Skyrim has fresh fruit and veg in dungeons.

I think it makes sense in Skyrim though, as most dungeons are in fact inhabited with mages and so on.
Silky
Yeah, I'm not complaining, it's just something that I kind of didn't notice, then someone pointed it out and I was going, 'Oh yeah.'
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Dec 30 2011, 09:49 PM) *
All RPGs have that problem. Fallout 3 had candy bars picked from dead radioactive zombies...

I always find it funny that they seem to have lots of caps on them. Like they wouldn't have fallen out of the pockets of their tattered trousers as they sprinted after unlucky victims.
Silky
I loved that you could still loot fingers and weapons from ash piles.
sweetbutinsane
Ha, I forgot about that. Even better.
monkeyman
QUOTE (Silky @ Dec 30 2011, 10:03 PM) *
I loved that you could still loot fingers and weapons from ash piles.

It was silly but I read an interview where they explained why. Basically if they didn't let you loot ash piles no-one would use plasma/energy weapons at all, which would have been silly
Silky
Oh I know why they did it, and I'm not complaining. It just made me chuckle.
monkeyman
Heh. I chuckled at looting vampire ash piles too

I want the last word of unrelenting force. I assume I'll get it if I get this horn thing for the greybeards?
Silky
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Dec 31 2011, 12:57 AM) *
Heh. I chuckled at looting vampire ash piles too

I want the last word of unrelenting force. I assume I'll get it if I get this horn thing for the greybeards?

Correct a mun do.
monkeyman
Cool. That's for reals the last main quest I'll do then. I've done a bunch more side quests recently which I enjoyed. The dungeon layouts feel much more varied and are just better laid out than in Oblivion
Everlong
Oh, the full three words of that shout bring many joys.
Silky
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Dec 31 2011, 08:16 AM) *
Cool. That's for reals the last main quest I'll do then. I've done a bunch more side quests recently which I enjoyed. The dungeon layouts feel much more varied and are just better laid out than in Oblivion

Yeah, from what I understand they've gone back to making all the dungeons separately by hand like they did in Morrowind, rather than just generate them ala Oblivion.
Llama
QUOTE (Everlong @ Dec 31 2011, 10:34 AM) *
Oh, the full three words of that shout bring many joys.

First thing I did when I got it was save the game and then Fus Ro Dah everyone.
monkeyman
I did get a bit annoyed last night; had to run from 2 dragons last night as I had a non companion NPC following me who i couldnt gove any commands to (for the quest with Nettlebane/tree sap).
Thankfully at the cave a need to be at so I can just fast travel back, if he doesn't get murdered here, though I'm going to assume that he'll attempt to kill me himself for whatever reason
Everlong
QUOTE (Llama @ Dec 31 2011, 12:20 PM) *
First thing I did when I got it was save the game and then Fus Ro Dah everyone.

I like that if you have Lydia following you, you can send her flying off of a mountain, follow her down, and she's fine (and doesn't attack you) laugh.gif
NiteFall
I managed to shout a bandit off a cliff. I then fast travelled down the cliff to the village at the bottom. Where I was greeted by the sight of him falling out of the sky, bouncing off the roof of a building and landing in the middle of the road near me. I strongly suspect I couldn't do that again if I tried.
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Dec 31 2011, 01:12 PM) *
I managed to shout a bandit off a cliff. I then fast travelled down the cliff to the village at the bottom. Where I was greeted by the sight of him falling out of the sky, bouncing off the roof of a building and landing in the middle of the road near me. I strongly suspect I couldn't do that again if I tried.

That is my new favourite thing. laugh.gif
GundamGuy_UK
I'm almost afraid to turn on Skyrim because I know I'll do nothing else for ages again. That said, I don't go back to work for another eight days (had to use up some holiday time, I hadn't taken any really), so I might go back on it.

Is it safe to install it to my 360 hard drive now?
monkeyman
I recall reading that they patched that issue now, so should be fine.

Not had any of the PS3 lag yet. Hopefully doesn't happen for me at all...
GundamGuy_UK
I'm sure it's been fixed now, but be careful if that does happen; it's been known to corrupt the console's firmware if it happens often.
monkeyman
O_o

Really?
GundamGuy_UK
Yeah, it's only something to worry about if the game consistently crashes. I think it was a problem caused by a patch (and I would assume a cure patch was released soon after), but it's really bad because the firmware is irreparably damaged, bricking your console and corrupting the save data of all your games.

That's a pretty fucking big bug, right there.
NiteFall
Hmm. I seem to be in a bit of a pickle with my Khajit sneak thief assassin. Because my sneak and pickpocket are so high I can basically run up behind anything, steal it's armour off it, then stab it in the back killing it instantly. Except dragons. They swoop in and eat me whole. Plus because I'm 1-shotting everything my weapons skill is really low, and because nobody ever spots me my armour skill is really low. Also I've managed to hit lvl 38 without actually having been to see the Greybeards yet. wacko.gif
GundamGuy_UK
Grab a sword and go around killing things normally for a while, that'll level them both up.
monkeyman
I had an awesome game moment with the Thalmor Justicars (and others) last night. They started attacking me whilst I was going to kill a bandit chief, then a dragon came and flamed everyone, then a giant came and started fighting the dragon.
I killed the bandits and Justicars, the giant killed the dragon, then I killed the half dead giant as he walked off (then I ate his toe.....) and then absorbed the dragon soul biggrin.gif

Twas awesome, though I have no clue what I've done to annoy the Thalmors. I've not even gotten Jurgens horn in the main quest and I'm struggling to think of any side quests that would annoy them. I mean, it's also only the second time I've seen any of them.
Silky
Thalmors are just dickheads.
NiteFall
Racist! laugh.gif

Well. I solved my dragon-slaying problem. I finally got the 100 sneak skill, that means you can start a fight, then crouch, vanish and sneak attack things IN THE FACE!
Silky
They are though. laugh.gif
monkeyman
I've discovered 2 very silly things:
You can go into a shop, hit select (or PC equivalent) and wait til like 3AM, the shop will be empty leaving you to rob in peace...
The other is you can ask followers to train you, then trade with them and take all your gold back....yay?

I'm at the dungeon to get Jurgens Horn (and the last word of Untelenting force), after this ill go to Azuras shrine; I'm assuming there's a quest to get the brills Azuras star, then I'll go to Winterhold for magic/magic training.
Silky
I confess, I laughed! harder than I probably should have.
Llama
QUOTE (Silky @ Jan 3 2012, 09:11 PM) *
I confess, I laughed! harder than I probably should have.

I think I enjoyed that too much as well laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.