Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pegg joins Coldplay, Ash, for Horror Flick
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > News
NickLee
Spaced's Simon Pegg is to appear in a new horror flick produced by Irish Punk-Pop trio Ash.
In Slashed, Coldplay's Chris Martin and Jonny Buckland investigate a series of murders against the background of a US tour by Ash.
The film will be released on DVD early in 2003. Fans in America and Canada will be able to watch a sampler of Slashed tonight on MTV.
The video was originally to be the video for Ash's latest single Envy but has since ballooned, and includes such stars as Moby, The Hives, The Vines, Dave Grohl (Nirvana, Foo Fighters), James Nesbitt and Neil Hannon (of Divine Comedy).
The film was scripted by Ash fan Jed Shepherd, who's unofficial Ash website is available at www.ash-unofficial.com.
For more information, his excellent site includes a selection of pictures from the film as well as clips.
Baz
I was just checking up on this, and on the site there is a clip of Coldplay and Dave Grohl in action and there will be a trailer up soon.
JustifiedRevenge
Looks demented........should be fun wink.gif
icklepickle
I heard about this ages ago but actually it looks really good! Oh why didn't they ask for extra's for this? *sulk*

I'm also suprised our own Spaced Director isn't involved in this too. Unless he secretly is....? huh.gif
Raven
Ever the hopeful eh Ickle? wink.gif
icklepickle
QUOTE (Raven @ Oct 5 2003, 10:42 PM)
Ever the hopeful eh Ickle? wink.gif

I can't imagine *what* you are talking about!!! happy.gif
jed shepherd
hey,

jed here, writer of SLASHED!! yes its taken ages, but filming needs to fit in whenever ASH have a chance to do it. Lots more people have signed up to do it besides all the ones you already know, and they will be doing some sick sick things.

Its cool that all the SPACED fans are interested in 'slashed'. Hopefully it will live up to all the hype (pressure).

heres some other stuff ive done...

www.ash-unofficial.com
www.audiojunkies.net
www.themicrowaveshow.com

and if it was up to me you all could be extras in it!

play nice,

Jed
see ya
CrixMakin
Sounds fun. Taking a wee while though, isn't it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.