Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Edgar Wright @ The Metro
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > News
NickLee
Spaced director Edgar Wright will DJing for the last time at 'Rabbit Hole' next week.
Wright, who has played at the club on a number of previous occassions will be playing at The Metro, on the 29th January.
"The Spaced massive is more than invited," says Edgar (you know who you are).
He will be playing alongside Ash's Charlotte Hatherley and The Bluetone's Mark Morris.
It's all happening from 11pm, at The Metro / 19-23 Oxford Street / London W1 (opposite Virgin Megastore).

Edgar also offers that he may well take requests for tunes from the forum. You can be sure he'll be checking back on this page, so post your requests up here, and be sure to get on down there and do your thang on Wednesday.
Smart Arse Butler
Righty ho, well, we'll be there, and by we'll I mean, people that I don't want to name otherwise it'll give us away if he checks back. Still, we'll be there, anyone else up for it at all? Apparently it's closing after this...

L
NickLee
I'll be expecting a comprehensive report on events in this thread, as you should know by now wink.gif

Anyone got any requests then?
Hello kittencat!
As long as they play Dirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrty and S Club and Music For Girls, that'll keep me and Butler in hip swivels for the night!

I love Mark. Even with his beardy face.
NickLee
As long as they play Dirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrty and S Club and Music For Girls, that'll keep me and Butler in hip swivels for the night!

<shudder>

tongue.gif
Zarria
sorry - Too Late for me..Trains don't get to Bath after 11 ish...But wanted to go....I mean..I want to go....ohhhh ???
Have a good time all who go - Have fun & put in a request for me!!
Love Zarria
XXXXXX :nat:
Rabbits back!!! Ehhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!! :nat:  :nat:
djcaucasian
Has he got any Spandau Ballet?
Failing that I'd love to hear that tune by DOG, turned up nice and loud so it melts my head (he must be able to blag one off someone at XFM)

"If he plays it they will come"
Smart Arse Butler
Dear Edgar,

Please could you fix it for me to be able to dance like a retarded three year old to these nice songs please.

Neneh - 99 Red Balloons
Christina 'Slutty, Slutbag, Sluttikins' Aguilera - Dirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrty
Eighties Matchbox B Line Disaster - Psychosis Safari (not being a fangirl, just want to hear it in a club)
XTC - Seargent Rock (is going to help me)
Adam Ant - Stand and deliver

and other stuff I can't think of right now and stuff...

Signed,

Lydia

Aged - quite well considering....
Zarria
Lyds..You forgot ABBA!!!! tongue.gif
ok- Dance around a handbag for me with Far Far away by Slade!!!Thanks...(If Edgar plays it..If anyone knows it but me!!!)
Thanks Honey
Z
XXX
Muswell Hillbilly
I second the vote for XTCs "Sargent Rock" athough I doubt I will be able to dance.  Which as Butler will tell you is "a good thing"...
Zarria
Bath calling Edgar!!!

Definately coming - But need Far Far away played!!!!!!
Oh - & anything 1970's pleasssssssseeeeeeeee Edgar.....(yes MH & lydia..XTC eyyyyyyyyyy!!)
:nat: rabbits are back!!!
See you there..

Zarria
biggrin.gif
icklepickle
QUOTE (NickLee @ Jan 24 2003, 03:58 PM)
"The Spaced massive is more than invited," says Edgar (you know who you are).

I wonder who you mean?

I'll dance to anything after a few cheap lagers, but Edgar normally plays good stuff so I'll be happy. Would like to hear Tiger Feet again though, as long as he promises to do 'the dance'...

Gail x
djcaucasian
So are we supposed to dress up in school uniform or are you all taking the mick?
Smart Arse Butler
No we're not, the rabbit holes music policy is 'no boring crap'. That means a good lump of elitist 'if you don't know it what you doing here' indie mixed in with another lump of eighties wonderment and pop. All in all, the most perfect damn club you could ever hope to go to, but better, and they're closing the damn place down....

L
djcaucasian
It sounds like hell on Earth. I'll bring a pointed stick. wink.gif
OnceMoreWithFeeling
QUOTE (djcaucasian @ Jan 27 2003, 09:47 PM)
It sounds like hell on Earth. I'll bring a pointed stick. wink.gif

It is hell on earth... :nat:
Smart Arse Butler
Yes it may be hell on earth, but it's a hell I rather enjoy thank you missy!

Anyways, requests update for Edgar...

the ones I wanted before and that...and

Kim Wilde - Kids in America
Peaches - flunk the pain away (I'm sure thats been played before)
Squeeze - Cool for cats

god, this is like when you walk in hmv, you forget every record you ever liked and end up with stuff you would never waste your money on if you had half a brain...

yeah, anyway, seeing as it's our last chance to do it, I spose we could have a couple of Spaced related tunes couldn't we?

I'm going for - Propellerheads - Bang on
Camisra - Let me show you
Prefab Sprout - King of rock and roll
J Giles band - angel is a centrefold

and thats it.

L
OnceMoreWithFeeling
I may well not be going, but it doesn't stop me making requests, does it? At least that way you'll get some decent music....

So:

What A Waster - The Libertines (yes, I know, I know)
Radio Clash - The Clash
Give It Up - LCD Soundsystem
Rippin Kittin - Golden Boy feat Miss Kittin
Cum Undone - Peaches
Atomic - Blondie

Any questions? tongue.gif
Smart Arse Butler
Ooooo a fellow LCD Soundsystem fan! If we're having that I want 'Losing my edge' as bloody well! I can't agree with Radio Clash though, I would go for Complete Control or Tommy Gun for dancing like a crazy fool to, but thats purely for my own selfish enjoyment. They play Rippin Kittin anyway, but I'd like to hear it too, and yeah, what a waster, why not, althogh I always make myself look bored when it comes on..god knows why though, cause I really love the album.....

L
OnceMoreWithFeeling
QUOTE (Smart Arse Butler @ Jan 28 2003, 11:40 AM)
Ooooo a fellow LCD Soundsystem fan! If we're having that I want 'Losing my edge' as bloody well! I can't agree with Radio Clash though, I would go for Complete Control or Tommy Gun for dancing like a crazy fool to, but thats purely for my own selfish enjoyment. They play Rippin Kittin anyway, but I'd like to hear it too, and yeah, what a waster, why not, althogh I always make myself look bored when it comes on..god knows why though, cause I really love the album.....

L

Ah, if you look bored you're probably just pretending to be cool.... tongue.gif Losing My Edge is fine with me, and maybe The Heavy - Relaxed Muscle, although it might be a tad slow for a club.
Smart Arse Butler
A track I don't know, TOUCHE KIRSTEN! You have blinded me with science yet again!

L
OnceMoreWithFeeling
QUOTE (Smart Arse Butler @ Jan 28 2003, 01:47 PM)
A track I don't know, TOUCHE KIRSTEN! You have blinded me with science yet again!

L

A ha! It's on Rough Trade and the flip side features Monsieur Cocker...
Smart Arse Butler
A ha! I always knew you were a back door man!

Feat Mr Cocker you say......bloody nora, I've got to get my credit card out now......

Or I'll just steal yours tonight.

L
OnceMoreWithFeeling
Don't even think about trying to steal it. I'll have to kill you....

You can listen to it though. Fantastic, Jarvis singing "I tell you something and I ain't lying/I rule my woman with a rod of iron". *Very* electro...
Smart Arse Butler
Oh dear god, that sounds even filthier than his Barry Adamson 'save me from my own hand girls' colaboration! I want it! I think, yes, I've just come.....nice one!

L
OnceMoreWithFeeling
It's certainly one of my more prized random purchases....

cool.gif
Hello kittencat!
Oops wrong log-in.. that's what you get for living with fellow members who don't log out properly kids..

wink.gif
icklepickle
Kirsten, stop tainting everyone with your Hoxton coolness will you!

Ok I'm probably too late now, but seeing as not many people have been that demanding I thought I might put down some songs that would be nice to hear tonight. I'm not fussy I'm sre it will be great anyway, but just incase...

Beck - 'Mixed Business' is fine, but I also like 'Hot wax' or 'Milk & honey'
My fave Beatles song - 'Lady madonna'
Jacksons - 'Dancing machine' if you can find it!!
Stevie Wonder - 'Sir Duke' or 'Superstition'
Wham - 'Young guns' (mmm nice bit of cheese! )
Duran Duran - 'Girls on film'
I also look forward to hearing the usual ones, New order, Smiths, Pet shop boys and Pop ie S club...

Hmmm that's all I can think of for now. Anyway see ya all there.
Holly
I'd like Jet (whoo-oo-ooo oooo-ooo-ooo) please
OnceMoreWithFeeling
QUOTE (icklepickle @ Jan 29 2003, 01:17 PM)
Kirsten, stop tainting everyone with your Hoxton coolness will you!

*mutter, mutter* Hoxton *mutter, mutter*
icklepickle
QUOTE (Holly @ Jan 29 2003, 01:20 PM)
I'd like Jet (whoo-oo-ooo oooo-ooo-ooo) please

Yes I like that one too

Does this mean you are definately coming then?? Woopppeeee! I promise to keep away from your boobs this time though sweetness...

Oh and I forgot 'Coming Up' by Paul McCartney in my last list
Smart Arse Butler
Dear Mr Edgar,

Further to my eariler requests...

Can I please have those nice tarty girls that were on the television with their nice hair please that sung that song about the 'sound of the underground' and had really short skirts on that made my mate leave the room and stand in the bathroom for half an hour because he was really upset and needed to be alone with his thoughts in his head?

Signed,

Your local MP
OnceMoreWithFeeling
Add Holly to the numbers...
Smart Arse Butler
Just got in, slightly psychotic from tiredness and dancing like I may never be allowed under taste regulations again. Had a good night, the music was good, Edgar and whoever blah, blah blah, and all that stuff....

I'm very tired, do forgive me.

L
icklepickle
Well that was another fab night. Edgar played 2 on my list (Coming up and Mixed business)
but I'm sure that's just cause he normally plays them!!

What was really weird is that Grant played lots of things that I would have requested like 'Been caught stealing' by Jane's addiction, and 'Last of the famous international playboys' by Mozza..

Mark didn't play 'Jet' for Holly though.. even after I said "She's come all the way from Nottingham to hear it!" He said it was too slow. Oh well Hols, at least you got Bowie.

Let's hope Edgar or any of the other guys DJ again in the furture, and come on here to let us know! I shall miss Wednesday nights down the rabbit hole sad.gif
Holly
I got Hey Bulldog too. Whooo.

dumdum-dum-de-dum-dummm-dum
dumdum-dum-de-dum-dummm-dum

After all, Wings, the band the Beatles could have been...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.