Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shaun of the Dead: Exclusive Photos
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > News
Pages: 1, 2
NickLee

Shaun of the Dead, the comedy zombie movie written by Spaced's Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg, is currently in production, and the filming - mostly in and about London - continues apace.
We've seen photos, which modesty (or something) prevents us posting - and it looks great.
We have, however, got "official" photos from filming as well which we can post. Enjoy.

djcaucasian
Wha?
NickLee
Wha?

Do you want that writeup in French as well?
Pal
Er... sorry am I being dim. Where are the photos? I'm.... I'm confused. :/
NickLee
I think they're just taking a while load.

Give 'em a second.

N.
Pal
Fair enough. My broadband seems to be running really slow. Apparently BT had a problem with their ADSL network which affected all the ISPs. It could be something to do with that. Although they are supposed to have fixed it now.

I'll just wait.

*Stares at screen*
NickLee
browsing the site is like running through treacle at the moment - I think it's a WEE bit on the slow side tonight.

--N
lewismoo
wait so which one is nick frost?
NickLee
That'd be Ed
vikash
am i the only one that cant see the pictures? the page is loaded and nothing there huh.gif
Kick in the Head
I see these pictures are going for the Matrix Reloaded teaser campaign style...not bloody showing us faces!
vikash
at least you can see them! :/
Pal
Vikash, do these direct links work for you?

Shaun

Barbara

David

Dianne

Ed

Liz
vikash
QUOTE (Pal @ Jun 6 2003, 03:41 PM)
Vikash, do these direct links work for you?

Shaun

Barbara

David

Dianne

Ed

Liz

biggrin.gif Thank You Very Much!
NickLee
Regarding Shaun of the Dead:

There are a number of members of the forum who have been present at the filming, and there are a good number of "unofficial" photos by extras of the filming circulating on the web. For the time being, unless they come through official channels, we do not allow spoilers and photos of Shaun of the Dead on the Spaced Out forum. This is out of respect to both for the cast and crew, as well as those who don't want to "spoil" all the surprises the film will inevitably hold when it is released.

Cheers All

Nick
castewar
I'll take any pictures I can get. I just got the latest (well, not so latest anymore) issue of Shivers, finally. Took bloody forever to get here for some reason. Article good. Pictures good. Need more.
Punch Drunk Monkey
Empireonline have managed to scoop a set report from SotD. The article can be found here. But beware. The article contains SPOILERS!! And you know we don't like those, do we children? wink.gif
icklepickle
QUOTE (Punch Drunk Monkey @ Aug 1 2003, 12:20 AM)
Empireonline have managed to scoop a set report from SotD. The article can be found here. But beware. The article contains SPOILERS!! And you know we don't like those, do we children? wink.gif

What a snitch!! ohmy.gif

biggrin.gif
JustifiedRevenge
Why Bob why.

I would suggest not reading that if you don't want to know about the ending.

They give away 2 great moments in that article an all. :/
icklepickle
I think 'Bob' and 'tom' should be found and named & shamed to the crew! cool.gif

Seriously though it is nice for people to get snippets of info about up coming films but I just feel bad that the cast & crew stated clearly that no pictures be taken for press purposes etc, i think they will be a bit pissed off with this. Oh well someone was bound to do it. I just think in future if this sort of filming takes place they will bad camera's all together which is a shame on those who didn't 'sell' thier pics. I hope the empire prize was worth it, bob!

:/
Spamfritta
I'm gonna look through my pics and see if I can spot 'black t-shirt, green combats rucksack man'

Then we can all club together to get an internationally renown hit man to take him out!!!

Shame "Carlos the Jackal” isn’t available.
Mizzie
QUOTE (icklepickle @ Aug 1 2003, 01:26 PM)
I think 'Bob' and 'tom' should be found and named & shamed to the crew! cool.gif

Seriously though it is nice for people to get snippets of info about up coming films but I just feel bad that the cast & crew stated clearly that no pictures be taken for press purposes etc, i think they will be a bit pissed off with this. Oh well someone was bound to do it. I just think in future if this sort of filming takes place they will bad camera's all together which is a shame on those who didn't 'sell' thier pics. I hope the empire prize was worth it, bob!

:/

I know what you mean, James the extra casting guy-type-figure was saying Universal were pretty harsh about this thing and were getting law suits and everything, including getting "heavy" in order for sites showing unauthorised pics to be shut down.

Hopefully, it won't jepodise anything about the movie too much, but really, it isn't worth doing it in the first place because of that slight possible risk factor.

Plus, I'm scared of Simon Pegg.

He's got powers we cannot speak of or comprehend...

happy.gif
Tony Smith
QUOTE (castewar @ Jun 12 2003, 10:01 PM)
I'll take any pictures I can get. I just got the latest (well, not so latest anymore) issue of Shivers, finally. Took bloody forever to get here for some reason. Article good. Pictures good. Need more.

Well, maybe they have a lot of orders to get through. Maybe its not a very big company and maybe they only have one person to deal with all the orders from all over the world, eh? I mean, give them a break. They're only human.
Nightmare Theatre
this has actually pissed me off...

I was lucky enough to speak to Simon Pegg on the last day of shooting and and told him that i hoped that this kinda of thing wouldnt happen.

My point to be made was from the fact the good publicity comes from insight and informative reporting, NOT from SPOILERS which i feel are shitty and part of the reason i find going to the cinema not as fun... partly because all the surprises are gone if you know about them before the lights dim and the film begins...

It seems to be from someone trying to make a name for themselves in the world of Empire... which is slowly getting poorer and poorer by the issue...

I'm gonna hun thru my picture album and see if i can recognise this TOM or BOB from any of my photographs.

This means war.... or atr least snooping.. LETS OUT BOB AND TOM!!

MOB RULES!

tongue.gif
Big Boombatti Fatti
Ok I was holding back on posting in this thread but that last post has spurred me in to saying something......

Firstly..... No bloody witch hunt! How many people are on a set at any time huh? And as much as we'd like to inflate the general forum ego by saying that we were all that was there (which is the impression I get from the lets find BOB he / she is one of us style statements), but we were not, we were not a major part of the film..... we were extras..... (I wasnt even there full stop!), there are runners, stars, bit players, director, producer(s), makeup, cameramen, assistants to all of those mentioned.... basically if BOB exists it could be ruddy anyone and not necessarily from this forum..... So I say again on a personal note.... NO WITCH HUNT!

Secondly..... the spoiler / empire online spot..... it recounts shot for shot, the small 5 min segment as shown on the MTV Movie Show, this is not a major spoiler / revelation..... unless someone here explains the scene in context to where it features in the film - Looks at JR - Anyone watching MTV nearly 3 weeks ago saw exactly what is described in the Empire "scoop" so again I point at my first point and lets not get too het up over this ok!
Nightmare Theatre
QUOTE (Big Boombatti Fatti @ Aug 2 2003, 01:40 AM)
Ok I was holding back on posting in this thread but that last post has spurred me in to saying something......

Firstly..... No bloody witch hunt! How many people are on a set at any time huh? And as much as we'd like to inflate the general forum ego by saying that we were all that was there (which is the impression I get from the lets find BOB he / she is one of us style statements), but we were not, we were not a major part of the film..... we were extras..... (I wasnt even there full stop!), there are runners, stars, bit players, director, producer(s), makeup, cameramen, assistants to all of those mentioned.... basically if BOB exists it could be ruddy anyone and not necessarily from this forum..... So I say again on a personal note.... NO WITCH HUNT!

Secondly..... the spoiler / empire online spot..... it recounts shot for shot, the small 5 min segment as shown on the MTV Movie Show, this is not a major spoiler / revelation..... unless someone here explains the scene in context to where it features in the film - Looks at JR - Anyone watching MTV nearly 3 weeks ago saw exactly what is described in the Empire "scoop" so again I point at my first point and lets not get too het up over this ok!

I do have a curious streak as to who it is and there lust for glory.. (i think its a closure thing)

but the mob hunt thing was a joke...

WITCH HUNTS are just as bad... and only result in the Daily Mail being on your side.. and no one wants that...

I still stand by my arguement on spoilers, there is far too much of it about and it can spoil information and surprises about the film.

And the people who tend to 'spoil' are the people who are after some kind of slap on the back from their peers and friends for having that 'scoop'.

I understand that it is getting harder and harder to prevent it now as the internet gives every loon with a thought in their head the 'right to reply' (i COMPLETELY include myself in that arguement) but its the information equivalent of SPAM!

So, to recap....

WITCH HUNT = BAD

SPOILERS = BAD

The Goodies = Good.... goody goody yum yum
JustifiedRevenge
I was only trying to get people not to read it.
Maddalene
hello

i've got to say i read that 'article' and as an expose of plot or story line it does not score highly..along the lines of 'dog bites man' you could say.

so its a zombie film and theres er...blood...? i, for one am none the wiser...

'chill'

maddie
JustifiedRevenge
QUOTE (Maddalene @ Aug 3 2003, 01:02 PM)
hello

i've got to say i read that 'article' and as an expose of plot or story line it does not score highly..along the lines of 'dog bites man' you could say.

so its a zombie film and theres er...blood...? i, for one am none the wiser...

'chill'

maddie

Oh no she knows about the blood...well thats that ruined tongue.gif
icklepickle

Yeah thanks for telling us that dad, we're too stupid to realise that ourselves mad.gif I'm sure everyone on here have got better things to do than actually hunt someone down it was ment as jest.

The point isn't that the article contained spoilers but that the production's trust with us has been wrecked. And as someone said over on the zombie group, when things like this happen it means they will think twice about trusting again. It takes a lot for these guys to let us get involved in somethng like this, it's very rare. Some cock always has to go and ruin it. And as for hunting him down pff! The most I would do is give him a filthy look at the screening and that I'm sure would be enough to make sure he or others like him will not do it again! wink.gif
Big Boombatti Fatti
QUOTE (icklepickle @ Aug 4 2003, 10:00 AM)

Yeah thanks for telling us that dad, we're too stupid to realise that ourselves mad.gif I'm sure everyone on here have got better things to do than actually hunt someone down it was ment as jest.

Ok this was not meant as a insult to the collective inteligence far from it, more of a warning for the newbies who in their very first post seem to want to start something.....

and sure I'm aware that it could be insulting to those who had already thought the same thing, but I know from old both here and on other forums that things can balloon out of control very quickly, with finger pointing, snipes etc if someone says something that might point to them being "Bob"....

So if you found it personally patronising then sorry, but I thought before things turn from jest to accusation something ought to be said.....
RichP
*MY POST CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVEN'T READ THE EMPIRE PAGE*

Having just given in to my dimunitive dark lord 'willpower' and taken a peek at the controversial page in question, I have to say that it didn't so much spoil anything for me, if anything I'm now more excited about the flick than I was before.
OK, so it was revealed that a major character gets his guts ripped off, but the character wasn't named and I kind of expected one of the main cast to bite it at some point anyway.
I also challenge anyone not directly linked to the film to come up with a reason why 'The Winchester' is such a poignant plot point. I'm buggered if I can work it out.

Yay Shaun of the Dead!!!!!, (but no more spoilers please)
Smart Arse Butler
QUOTE (icklepickle @ Aug 4 2003, 10:00 AM)

The point isn't that the article contained spoilers but that the production's trust with us has been wrecked. And as someone said over on the zombie group, when things like this happen it means they will think twice about trusting again. It takes a lot for these guys to let us get involved in somethng like this, it's very rare. Some cock always has to go and ruin it. And as for hunting him down pff! The most I would do is give him a filthy look at the screening and that I'm sure would be enough to make sure he or others like him will not do it again! wink.gif

If the plot being leaked was such a big deal, don't you think they'd have got all the freebie zombie types to sign something to swear that they would not leak a detail to the press? I don't think for one second they sat and thought 'ooo, they're fans of ours and they're doing this for free so they must be trustworthy', they don't even know us, and those of us they do know they don't know particularly well. If they wanted people they could trust they'd have hired professional extras or made a strict ruling that no one could leak info and if they did they'd be a penalty of some sort. So what if trust with production is ruined, what will it gain any of us anyway to be on good terms with them? We're not actors or actresses are we? They're not going to hire us for a big starring role, or start inviting us round their houses for tea? The details leaked were hardly extensive in detail and I don't think anyone is going to turn around and refuse to watch the film because they heard some vague crap about being behind a window. Also, if it was such a big deal, Working Title would be sueing the arse of Empire. If anything, this is a publicity thing to get the word out, and why would they be unhappy about an article about their upcoming film being in Empire, one of the leading film mags?
SegaBoy
QUOTE (RichP @ Aug 7 2003, 01:29 PM)
I also challenge anyone not directly linked to the film to come up with a reason why 'The Winchester' is such a poignant plot point. I'm buggered if I can work it out.

I'd have a bloody good guess - but it would just be that, a guess.

Anyhoo, the whole thing with this... well, I think Lyds has hit most of the points really.

At the end of the day, you have to remember that this is a pretty small film in comparison to most that get made nowadays and your average Joe on the street would, if you asked them about it, probably just make lots of 'umm' noises and say something like 'Shaun of the What-now?'.

Also, most people don't read Empire Online anyhoo... no offence to the website, but their hits just don't tally to the number of cinema goers in this country.

So, call me cynical, but I don't think that their website running a small piece about it (with what appear - at first glance to an unassociated bod, anyway - to be pretty minor spoilers anyhoo) will damage it's box office potential particularly.

Again, as Lydia also pointed out (she's smart, y'know), film companies are quite aware - perhaps, in a backhanded way, even rather fond - of extras leaking bits and pieces of films to the press. It gets people's attentions and makes people aware of the film in general... it's free marketing for them at the end of the day.

No such thing as bad publicity and all that.

They only really get people to sign the disclosure forms so as not to lose the entire plot to the jackals. Then they'd be suing your arse quicker than you can say 'give me a Pulitzer, pronto'.

You've also got to bear in mind that very few of the those people who were extras will know everything about the film. Very few indeed.

Of course, there is an element of broken trust here, but to be honest it's small and pissy, really... this person's obviously a bit of a no mark just trying (and failing) to make a name for themselves.

Christ, they're doing it via EmpireOnline for God's sake - this person obviously has no connections and is just some geek who wants a personal email from Catherine Hanly.

Let them do what they want to do - it's tarnished, reflected glory anyhoo.
icklepickle
I know this happens all the time with other films and tv shows, and I don't care about ME in all this or the production crew. My point is, it's not big or clever to go giving out plot lines and pictures to magazines after being asked not to that's all. Whether the article has spoilers of not others will follow suit (see SFX this week) And it shouldn't be encoradged no matter what film or TV show it's for. I'm sure I won't be involved in anything like this again but I'd like to. It's just people like 'Bob' and 'Tom' don't help matters that's all. Point closed imo.
SegaBoy
The problem with stuff like this is that it does heavily rely on people being honest and trustworthy. The sad truth is that some people aren't either of those... and this one's obviously just been corrupted by a glimpse of some self-importance.

Which is disappointing, but the way of the world nowadays, really.

And whilst I agree with you completely that this trend of 'loose lips' is both sad and not to be encouraged, lighting after this guy in any sense gives them exactly what they want - another bit of ego massage.

This person is obviously an attention-seeking scrotum - so I just think the best thing to do is for us all to treat them with the apathy they truly deserve.
Smart Arse Butler
I don't remember being told not to leak any of the few minutes of scenes that I was involved in, and to be honest, calling this guy basically an arsehole for leaking some non report, that was ON THE FUCKING TELEVISION AS WELL, to empire online is stupid. If you're so concerned about maybe finding out what happens in a film before you see it, don't watch trailers or read anything about it, because it might spoil your big surprise.
Domitella
Re: Icklepickle

Er, the SFX artical is about the shortest one I have ever seen and contains no spoilers, so bad example. Although there is a nice picture of Simon Pegg and a zombie. And blood, which can only be a good thing in a movie.

And spoilers are bad, 'kay?
Tony Smith
Crumbs!

What a silly fued. Who said what to who did what to what...RAAH I think I've just eaten a car!

Anyway, I've heard from someone (I can't say who) that Empire were invited on to the set by people very high up so they're allowed to print/publish something online or in print. So it would seem that TOM and BOB probably work for Empire. Or if they dont, Empire are allowed to print it anyway.

DOH! eh?

Doh!
mrgroo
I'd like to change the subject to something much more positive.

Last night i bumped into a fellow extra from shaun of the dead at a pub in london.

It was really cool to meet someone from the film. We both had nothing but praise for the niceness of simon pegg who had shown him round his local area at some point during the filming of exterior shots. I think thats what he said anyway - alcohol had been consumed by that point.

A brief reunion with a fellow extra has taught me that shaun of the dead brings people together and should always be used for the powers of good.

Lets all hold hands and dance to the shops to buy extra copies of spaced.
Maddalene
this i9s a complete change of subject, but has anyone else had trouble getting on to this site?

everytime I type the address I get ..invaded.. by all this stuff, I don't think is meant to be there. I only manage to get on this website by going thru a link in a hotmail message?

why is this happening?

does any of this make sense\??

maddie
NickLee
Are you typing the right URL?

Does this happen on any other websites?

And what stuff?

N.
Maddalene
well yeah, because I'm clicking back on to the site from 'history' of times before I was on it.

I keep getting all these 'drawings' for want of a better description. All slightly subversive. and I can't get on or past them...

probably someone's going to say its part of the site and I'll feel really stupid.

maddie
NickLee
You're definitely getting the right URL up here?
It should be www.spaced-out.org.uk, and only that.

As to these drawings, could you be more specific?

N.
Tony Smith
A) This thread looks wonkier than a my Uncle Wonky-Cock.

B) There's a two page article on Shaun of the Dead in this weeks Time Out. Jen (aka JenerationX can clearly be seen). I can't. Damn that Time Out and their scoops. Might also be worth noting that the pictures are official ones taken by the location photographer Mr Man Person.
JenerationX
You baaastard.
icklepickle
QUOTE (Tony Smith @ Aug 14 2003, 02:17 PM)
A) This thread looks wonkier than a my Uncle Wonky-Cock.

B) There's a two page article on Shaun of the Dead in this weeks Time Out. Jen (aka JenerationX can clearly be seen). I can't. Damn that Time Out and their scoops. Might also be worth noting that the pictures are official ones taken by the location photographer Mr Man Person.

Quote Emma Perry from Time-out:

"A man called Shane takes charge of us, leading the zombie massive across the field and putting us in our positions, just too far away from each other to talk. This may be a good thing: there are several people here from the 'Spaced' fan website."

huh.gif
Jimski
I was on the shoot on that particular day (Hi Emma! How's the reviewing going?) and as usual we shared photos amongst each other afterwards.

The difference between the Time Out and Empire articles (apart from the content) was that we were politely asked whether we would allow our snaps to be used if the production company allowed. There was no subterfuge to get exclusive picks.
Tony Smith
QUOTE (Jimski @ Aug 15 2003, 08:23 AM)
There was no subterfuge to get exclusive picks.

Didn't say there was. It's just those pesky higher readerships is all.

*shakes fist in the air in the hope that someone sees it*
Jimski
I didn't mean to imply that's what you meant. It was more of a dig at the other article. It just goes to show what (a lack of) research can produce.

Is the Time Out the London only edition? Is it for the coming week or the week just gone? S'just I'm currently in digs in Warwick so there's not much call for it up here.

Oh, and "Hi!" to Jen. I was the bearded one falling through the railings at the crash scene.

Looks up wistfully as he casts mind back to day of shooting

Simon and Mike were being friendly to us and putting us at our ease. Simon popped over to us and said :

"I think I'm making this movie because I've been dreaming about zombies for years"

Jimski : "I've been dreaming about naked women for years, can we make a film about that?"

Cue a startled looking Mr. Pegg back pedalling rapidly .....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.