Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shaun Of The Dead Premiere
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > News
Downsy
Spaced Premiere photo courtesy of mixedcasesspaces

10 things I have learnt from West End premieres:

1. Blasting out the expletive laden soundtrack in Leicester Square makes for some kind of entrance. Not sure Warner Village quite thought that one through, but it was nice to stroll in to the sound of effing and blinding.

2. Having the sound cut out for three seconds during a crucial moment was the most frightening part of the film for me. I yelped audibly - which at least made up for the fluffed joke.

3. Spaced fans never fail to impress in their resourcefulness. Signed quite a few nice scans from the show along with posters and DVD's. Michael Smiley, in particular, was touched at how many fans cried out 'Tyres! Tyres!'

4. Red carpet interviews are suprisingly fun, but, boy, did me and Simon tire of the question, 'So. a romantic zombie comedy, what's that all about then?'

5. Alex Zane from MTV is a lovely, lovely man.

6. My head hurts.

7. My head hurts.

8. My head hurts.

9. My head hurts.

10. See above

Thanks to Edgar for the report
and thanks to mixedcasesspaces for the photos
princessofpower
4. Red carpet interviews are suprisingly fun, but, boy, did me and Simon tire of the question, 'So. a romantic zombie comedy, what's that all about then?'

You went to the Premiere with Simon Pegg? Were you the one in the high heels?

Oh, I see it's been edited since, thus making my joke fall flat on it's face. Thanks.
lewismoo
no i think he was the director.... wink.gif
anyway nice pics
anymore i can have gander at anyone?
Downsy
the pictures are from mixedcasesspaces so I guess a PM might answer your question smile.gif
Baz
QUOTE (lewismoo @ Mar 30 2004, 10:19 PM)
anyway nice pics
anymore i can have gander at anyone?

There are loads more pics at the Empireonline site. I put a link to them in the "Links Of The Dead" thread.

EDIT:

Or you can just click here to see them.

smile.gif
mixedcasesspaces
I'm honoured that my humble photos made it onto the front page of the Spaced-Out web site!

I couldn't think of a good way to put the full size ones up on the internet which is why I made that little collage. I can't upload stuff to my proper website until the weekend after next, but I'll put all of the full size photos up on it then.

Mark.
Stella MM
Edgar's girlfriend looks exactly like Charlotte from Ash (see the Empireonline photos). Are they one and the same?
mullet
there is a preview of Shaun Of The Dead on tuesday the 6th april at the Prince of Wales cinema, with a Q&A session With Edgar Wright.

Their are still tickets available.
SegaBoy
QUOTE (stellamm @ Mar 31 2004, 01:24 PM)
Edgar's girlfriend looks exactly like Charlotte from Ash (see the Empireonline photos). Are they one and the same?

Yea, he's been going out with Charlotte Ash (nee Nightnurse) for a good long while now - since the before the second series was filmed I believe!

Might go to explain the dollop of Ash on the OST as well, you little '2+2=4' tinkers.
Stella MM
Blimey. I thought I was all-knowing when it came to tidbits of celebrity gossip. How the hell did this pass me by? Well, he's a lucky, lucky man.
Sixtyten
QUOTE (stellamm @ Mar 31 2004, 01:02 PM)
Blimey. I thought I was all-knowing when it came to tidbits of celebrity gossip.

"You've embarrased yourself, you've embarrased me..." wink.gif

Working hard?
luvpubs
QUOTE (Sixtyten @ Mar 31 2004, 01:10 PM)
Spaced fans never fail to impress in their resourcefulness. Signed quite a few nice scans from the show

Heh,

I`m 'resourceful'! happy.gif

That or I have to much time on my hands here at uni wink.gif
Stella MM
QUOTE (Sixtyten @ Mar 31 2004, 02:10 PM)

Maybe so, but I can spell embarrassed. Ha.
midge
QUOTE (stellamm @ Mar 31 2004, 03:13 PM)

Does that mean Sixtyten doubly embarrassed. Or we just counting it all as one big embarrassnessness?
Sixtyten
QUOTE (midge @ Mar 31 2004, 02:14 PM)
QUOTE (stellamm @ Mar 31 2004, 03:13 PM)

Does that mean Sixtyten doubly embarrassed. Or we just counting it all as one big embarrassnessness?

I'm just stupid...
I was waiting for that to happen. Compulsory spell checking for me from now on.
Smart Arse Butler
QUOTE (SegaBoy @ Mar 31 2004, 01:59 PM)

Yea, he's been going out with Charlotte Ash (nee Nightnurse) for a good long while now - since the before the second series was filmed I believe!

Might go to explain the dollop of Ash on the OST as well, you little '2+2=4' tinkers.

Did Nightnurse ever release anything, or did you see them? I saw the lead singer when she was in Sister George, although I never intended to see Sister George, I went for Huggy Bear. I wonder this because every time you mention Charlotte you mention Nightnurse, and I don't think any bugger ever heard of them! They were quite good, from what I remember, but I only heard what my mate played me, I never bothered going along with her to see them...
SegaBoy
QUOTE (Smart Arse Butler @ Mar 31 2004, 03:47 PM)
QUOTE (SegaBoy @ Mar 31 2004, 01:59 PM)

Did Nightnurse ever release anything, or did you see them? I saw the lead singer when she was in Sister George, although I never intended to see Sister George, I went for Huggy Bear. I wonder this because every time you mention Charlotte you mention Nightnurse, and I don't think any bugger ever heard of them! They were quite good, from what I remember, but I only heard what my mate played me, I never bothered going along with her to see them...

I never saw them live and I don't own any of their stuff, but I remember seeing them a couple of times on something surprising and slightly untoward - like The OZone or something ridiculous like that! - and being pretty damn impressed and then not hearing a sausage until it was 'Charlotte, formerly of Nightnurse' when she joined Ash.

And... yea... I guess I just always associate her with that band rather than Ash for some obscure reason. An indictment as to how weird my brain works sometimes I guess, heh.
Sixtyten
QUOTE (Smart Arse Butler @ Mar 31 2004, 02:47 PM)
Did Nightnurse ever release anything, or did you see them?

They had a single Skirt and an album [not sure what that was] then Charlotte got pinched to join Ash and that was the last I heard of them.
Smart Arse Butler
Shows how much attention I paid! All I remember was the excitement that she'd made it into the On section of the NME.

Forums = Informative
Sixtyten
QUOTE (Smart Arse Butler @ Mar 31 2004, 02:58 PM)
Forums = Informative

You should have realised I'm a walking encyclopedia of useless musical knowledge. At least I'm good in quiz teams!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.