Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Danger! 50,000 Volts
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Cast Watch
Pages: 1, 2
MargateSteve
I see that there is a DVD release of this programme (complete with cover line 'With Nick Frost, star of Shaun of the Dead and Spaced' Having never actually caught the programme is it any good?

Steve
Mizzie
IF you've got the time, you could go to Forbidden Planet tomorrow (Saturday 2nd October) at 179 Shaftsbury Avenue, London (nearest tube is Tottenham Court Road) between 13:00 - 14:00 and ask Nick Frost himself! He's signing copies of the DVD.

I didn't manage to catch much of it, but from what I saw, it was a good laugh.

Bravo was showing it for a while recently, not sure if they still are, though.
BinksMustDie
I'll watch it, but I'm not too excitied. It sounds like a Jackass style thing... huh.gif
Mizzie
It's a bit like Braniac: Science Abuse on Sky One but with stuff like "How to be a bodyguard" and "What to do if under alien attack"

Give it a go.
Lazlo Woodbine
I missed 'Danger! 50,000 Volts' but saw a few episodes of 'Danger! Incoming attack!' which i assume was a 2nd series. very funny. i know i'm gonna buy it.
Juliet
I have not seen the show before but I want to get it on DVD sometime to see what it like. Hey I might like it because Nick Frost is in it. smile.gif
Ade
I bought it the other day, having previously seen just one episode.

It is pretty good, and worth investing in, maybe not at full price, but worth investing
in just the same. Although not always laugh out loud funny, it is all done very
tongue-in-cheek, especially the Yanks and Scandinavians, over whose heads Nick's
jokes often sail blissfully over.

And if you like Nick Frost anyway you're certainly onto a winner whatever.

And I am appalled at myself for having only just found this thread - could've made
it into London to get my copy signed. On the one day that a signing isn't on a weekday
and I could have made it into London in time. Argh!
sad.gif
Cutmaster_Frost
I like it i got the dvd and i have to say some bits very funny
hey Nick becareful and next time try not to get run over by a hover craft ok goodgood
Melll
Every ep I've seen had been great. I'd like to have it on DVD too, but I'm gonna wait for the inevitable sale.
MargateSteve
I think I may well go and buy it and give it a go.

Can anyone divulge who the 'Special Guest' is on it??

Steve
Ade
Yes, the Special Guest is... Simon Pegg
MargateSteve
I kind of guessed it would be but wasn't sure why it would be and not be named. Possibly to make the DVD appeal to Spaced and SotD fans?
Baz
I want to get this, but I'm sure after the 2nd series comes out, they'll probably do a boxset, so I might wait, and if not, then I'll just have to go out and buy the dvds.
Crowley
Ah, I watched this while it was on channel 5. Very funny stuff. I ran into one of the ex-SAS guys that featured on it, and he told me a few funny stories about how he set off explosives by 'accident' and scared the living shite out of Nick Frost :)
Cutmaster_Frost
the one where he needed to clear the mines?
Crowley
QUOTE (Cutmaster_Frost @ Oct 9 2004, 02:46 PM)
the one where he needed to clear the mines?

Not sure. He was a bit of a tosser. 'Hur hur, you know that fat bloke? Scared the shit out of him, hur hur'.

Didn't want to say anything mind you. Might have killed me with his little finger.
Juliet
I just ordered Nick Frost's Danger 50,000 Volts! On DVD! wub.gif

I should be getting it so very soon
Juliet
*Bump*

Well I got the DVD and I really enjoyed watching it. I have a question for you guys. Will there be a second series?
Lazlo Woodbine
QUOTE (Juliet @ Oct 16 2004, 12:15 AM)
*Bump*

Well I got the DVD and I really enjoyed watching it. I have a question for you guys. Will there be a second series?

There is a 2nd series. i was called 'Danger! Incoming Attack!', but i have no idea if there isa planned dvd release.
Juliet
Oh right so the second series has already been on TV? hmmm

I have to wait for it to be on DVD then.
rabbit57i
I finally got the DVD for Christmas! My boyfriend & I enjoyed the zombie episode very much! biggrin.gif
sleeping_pirate
I bought the DVD a week ago, and it's brilliant! I hadn't seen the zombie episode before, but it's now my favourite by far. I like the way they kept in bits where Simon and Nick start laughing biggrin.gif
Thom
i ordered the dvd about a week ago

still hasnt come....
shazam
i recently bought nick frosts danger 50,000 volts, i must say i did enjoy it but i dont think that its watchable over and over like spaced and shaun,but the extra on the 2nd DVD is absolutley amaizing its called danger 50,000 zombies.Obviously made after shaun,simon pegg also stars in it as a zombieologist whos expertise include,how to get away from zombies,how to kill zombies and the best weapons used to kill them. I think most of u would have seen this being spaced fans,but if u havent its well worth watching for the 50,000 zombie extra.If u have seen this DVD i would like to hear yoor opinions.

happy watching love leigh excl.gif excl.gif laugh.gif
frostitute
I do not like it whatsoever.

And I hate Nick Frost.

I would hate him even more if they ever released the second series on DVD.

You hear me, Princess Productions? I would despise it if you ever released it!
Baz
Just merging these 2 together. smile.gif
shazam
err they have released the second seires
frostitute
Err, on DVD? No.

I'm from America, can't watch it on the television.

UNLESS BAZ...
Baz
QUOTE (shazam @ Feb 7 2005, 02:18 PM)
err they have released the second seires

Then please tells us where we can get it from.
frostitute
I would gladly buy a bootleg of the series, if you can find it.
Baz
QUOTE (frostitute @ Feb 7 2005, 02:24 PM)
UNLESS BAZ...

The video will be on it's way to you soon!

And I haven't heard anything about the 2nd series being released.
mike-loves-guns
danger 50,000 volts was great! i know its as good as spaced or shaun, but its a funny interesting programme. Nick frost was Great in it!

danger 50,000 zombies

Simon Pegg plays a man called Dr.Fell whos a zombie expert. who teaches Nick about zombies. Ahhhhhhh!

you can clearly see that they both had a laugh doing it......IT WAS KOOL!
evil_e
The show sounds great, the Simon Pegg zombie part sounds like its worth the price of the dvd.
frostitute
Don't forget, there are outtakes on the DVD as well!
Icepick
I really can't beleive that its Nick Frost. When it used to show on Five I used To love watching it. Then I found Spaced some years later, and it has brought me back round! Yay!

I remember the mines one,
But i also remember the one where he has to stop terrorists taking over a bus by throwing cans at them.

tongue.gif
frostitute
ARGH

YOU ARE DESCRIBING DANGER! INCOMING ATTACK!

I freakin' wish they would release that on DVD already!

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzz wacko.gif
Stella MM
QUOTE (frostitute @ Feb 8 2005, 03:57 AM)
Don't forget, there are outtakes on the DVD as well!

Whereabouts are they? I've just rented Danger! but there only seems to be commentaries and the Zombie Attack programme on the 2nd disk.

Oh, I've just had a thought! Is it because it's a rental copy?
frostitute
DANGER! 50,000 ZOMBIES OUTTAKES (EASTER EGG)

1.) Insert the second disc.

2.) Go to the options (subtitles etc).

3.) Tap Left or whatever, so that there is a checkmark / symbol on the Danger swinging box.

4.) Hit enter.
Stella MM
Eeey! Thanks frostie. I'll give it a try tonight.
frostitute
As far as I know that's the only easter egg on the DVD, and it's pretty short. Oh well, better than nothing!
frostitute
Rykodisc Set to Release 2005’s Most Dangerous DVD –

DANGER! 50,000 VOLTS!, starring Shaun Of The Dead’s Nick Frost

(May 9, 2005) – New York, NY – Danger.  She has no color, form or texture, yet she’s everywhere and she’s after your life.  So what do you do when the inevitable occurs and danger comes knocking on your door?  Well, you consult Nick Frost, your captain of calamity, your ranger of danger, your chauffer of chaos.  He’ll be your guide on the sea of choppy waters that is the June 28th Rykodisc release of DANGER! 50,000 VOLTS!, the British TV series that combines comedy, action and, of course, full-blooded danger into one hilarious package.

Best known to U.S. audiences for his co-starring role as ‘Ed’ opposite real-life best friend Simon Pegg in Rouge Pictures’ 2004 horror/comedy smash Shaun Of The Dead and for the beloved Channel 4 series SPACED (which also starred Pegg), Nick Frost is currently one of Britain’s most in-demand comedic performers, with appearances on such U.K. favorites as Black Books (with Shaun co-star Dylan Moran) and Big Train.  With DANGER! 50,000 VOLTS!, Frost is not only your host, but also your whipping boy to showcase some of the deadliest and most dangerous moments ever brought to DVD.

People often ask themselves what they would do if confronted with an incredibly dangerous situation, for instance being attacked by a bear, driving with no brakes, falling into icy waters or surviving a snake attack. Well they need wonder no more, because Nick Frost is here to show them the way.  For every dangerous situation one can think of, Nick and his team of experts present a play by play on enduring the most dangerous circumstances.  And he does it in 8 hilarious and action-packed episodes, all never-before-seen in the U.S.  From how to deal with bat-wielding maniacs to surviving nuclear armageddon, they’re all here, all dangerous, and all uproarious.

Rykodisc’s DANGER! 50,000 VOLTS! DVD will be available in a special 2-disc edition featuring all 8 episodes of the series in 16x9-enhanced widescreen.  Special features include audio commentary with Nick Frost and series producer John Reilly and a special bonus episode, DANGER! 50,000 ZOMBIES! where Frost and special guest star “Dr. Russell Fell” (who looks suspiciously like a certain co-star of Frost’s) tell you everything you need to know about surviving an attack from the living-impaired that you didn’t learn from Shaun Of The Dead.       

Following the top-selling DVDs for Bill Hicks Live–Satirist, Social Critic, Stand-Up Comedian, and Monty Python’s Graham Chapman, Looks Like A Brown Trouser Job, Rykodisc continues to make a name for itself in the field of comedy DVDs with DANGER! 50,000 VOLTS!, not just one of the funniest discs around, but quite possibly the most important DVD ever made.  After all, it could save your life!

JUNE 28th

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

BUYING ON RELEASE YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Hopefully Nick comes across to promote it!
spacegurl
Yay! I bet it will sell really well in the states. Good for Nick!
Julie
Damn, wish I hadn'tve paid all those silly taxes to have it imported!
frostitute
Buy it again.
Julie
Well, obviously smile.gif
frostitute
Nick may come to NYC to promote it next month...

rabbit57i are you listening? cool.gif
rabbit57i
QUOTE (frostitute @ May 17 2005, 04:02 AM)
Nick may come to NYC to promote it next month...

rabbit57i are you listening?  cool.gif

Oh yeah! I was just about ready to say that you must keep me informed. smile.gif
maian
Does anyone know when the second series is being released on DVD?
frostitute
QUOTE (maian @ May 17 2005, 10:42 AM)
Does anyone know when the second series is being released on DVD?

Maybe if this shows good promise they'll work on a second series DVD, but my hopes aren't up.
savageman26
Here we go, from Nick's Danger:50000 volts show. Starring Simon Pegg

Link removed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.