Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Last gig you saw
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Music
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Bloomeeney
What was the last gig you went to?? Was it any good??

Mine was the 5,6,7,8s in a sweaty club in Hull. They were absulutely bloody brilliant, and the bass player is damn fine looking wub.gif .

Before that, it was Glastonbury....what can I say, as a Glasto virgin, even the cold, rain and mud didn't get me down!
The Phantom
I went to the Summer Sundae festival in Leicester back in August, was a good laff.

Saw the likes of Mr.Scruff, Amy Winehouse, the Ordinary Boys, Air, The Beta Band only 50 as well for the weekend, marvellous.
BinksMustDie
The Australian Pink Floyd. Excellent tribute band - they sounded just like the real thing! biggrin.gif
The Phantom
There's a Darkness tribute band (called The Likeness) playing in my local boozer this weekend, tempted but I fear the worst.
Scribble
Last gig I went to, of a proper band, was Stray Cats. It was AWESOME.
Juliet
I went to see D12 in Manchester least week. It wasn't as good as I thought it would be and Emniem wasn't there. sad.gif
Sixtyten
PJ Harvey in Bristol - fucking amazing.
reelspacey
Polysics!!!!
27th September, Liverpool Barfly

happy.gif

Words really can't do it justice, it was just the best gig ever.
If you have a recording of the first Adam&Joe Go Tokyo then watch them play at the end, and just imagine being right infront of the guitarist singing along with passion to words you can't understand.

got some excellent photos too

Get "Polysics or Die!!!!"... or die!
madfish
last gig i went to was horroropops over a month ago, and it was a bit average really. theyre a decent enough band but 3 ska bands in one night and it all gets too repetitive.
kenickie
I went to see Client recently in Newcastle who were absolutely fantastic, and last wednesday I went to see Papa Roach who were very good indeed.
Mizzie
Last gig I went to was at Northumbria Uni to see Ash on the 7th of June.

Was a birthday thing for me.

Ash rocked and got some cool close up photos of Tim and Charlotte.
Zoe
On Wednesday I went to see The Ordinary Boys supported by the Kaiser Chiefs at The Rescue Rooms on a freebie as my mate was reviewing The Kaiser Chiefs for the beeb. The Chiefs were great, The Ordinary Boys were ironically quite generic.
Cutmaster_Frost
the last gigi saw was THE HIVES last fridayit was soooo good

next
12th october maroon 5
27th october franz ferdinand
29th october The rasmus
25th november lostprophets
3rd december The darness and Ash

can't wait
Scribble
madfish - Oh, I forgot the Horrorpops. I went too. Yeah, the sound wasn't good and the bass kept messing up, so the whole thing was a bit of a letdown. Shame. I do like the record.
Melll
Last night:

36 Crazyfists, Eighteen Visions & Bullet For My Valentine at The Cockpit in Leeds.

Eighteen Visions are the most abominable band I've seen, avoid. The headliners were great - and BFMV were ok, but almost inaudible in a bass-heavy mix.
Ivy Operation
Last band, The Willowz at the barfly camden. Pretty fawking good, definatly an up and coming band I think.
Pickle
The Darkness, Paris, August 24th.Fabulous.
Mekon
Last one would've been Toots and the Maytals, some time over the summer. Mike Ladd and Sketchie are playing tomorrow night, but I'm too busy with work to make it sad.gif.
The Phantom
Winnebago Deal last night at the Camden Underworld. With support from the Tokyo Dragons. The night rocked like something that quite literaly rocked a lot. Top gig
superfurryandy
Went to see the Super Furries at the Royal Festival Hall last Friday.

They were brilliant, of course.
Ivy Operation
Saw Babyshambles last night at the scala, was a fawking wicked night. Top banana!

Was in camden before the gig and saw the queue at the underworld, didnt know who was playing...but now i know happy.gif
fried_gold
Red Hot Chili Peppers, Cardiff, June i think it was. Everyone booed chicks on speed. James brown supported! It was immense.
Jubei
Mr Scruff, last week, exeter, The Lemon Grove (Lemmy to any locals smile.gif )
Melll
Mr. Scruff played at the Met in Leeds on the same night I saw 36 Crazyfists.

Last night one of my bands supported David Devant & His Spirit Wife in York. Was fun, and DD was barking-mad, as usual.
reelspacey
Sticking with the theme...

I saw Mr Scruff at Sheffield Uni last night, it was excellent.
Good music, good atmosphere, good time.

And to top it off I got a wonderful free jigsaw, as did most of the people near the front, which was later autographed with a drawing of a happy pie at my request biggrin.gif .

It is scary to think of how much I spent in total, with the train, ticket, and the sizeable bag of scruff merchandise... but it was definately worth it.

whelks! laugh.gif
iranspaced
Biffy Clyro and Oceansize at the B-ham Academy 2, Oceansize were mind-blowing, Biffy were solid.
daddybear
The last gig i went to see wos client, at newcastle uni, they were superb could have been on longer though but aprt from that they were spot on smile.gif
Stella MM
Last night I saw James Yorkston, King Creosote and Whalebone Polly at The Cube in the Bristol.

James Yorkston is good when he's doing his fast folky songs, but when he's doing his slow Nick Drake impression he's rather soporific. King Creosote was charming young Scottish man with an accordian and a way with hilarious stage banter and silly but touching songs. And Whalebone Polly are the Soggy Bottom Boys but, er, Girls.
Raven
Deacon Blue, Portsmouth Guildhall 1994.

Don't go to gigs very often tongue.gif
Zoe
The Zutons, Rock City, last night.

They sounded great live but since I haven't got the album (another free ticket) I only really knew the singles. Hence enjoyment wasn't as extreme as the hardcore fans who seemed to know all the words. To be honest I felt the rest of their output wasn't as strong as the singles, in fact it was disapointingly generic indie for a band with a debut album called 'Who Killed the Zutons?' Shame really - still not bad.
Cutmaster_Frost
Maroon 5 last week very good

and i got tickets to green Day on the 29th Jan
PrincessKate
QUOTE (Cutmaster_Frost @ Oct 18 2004, 08:31 PM)
Maroon 5 last week very good

and i got tickets to green Day on the 29th Jan

On a totally unrelated tangent at Green Day you may spot my housemate Simon, who won't stop going on about them smile.gif

What counts as a gig these days? I've performed at a few concerts and seen 'hoi poloi'-6th form band-live, is that enough? The last actual gig by famous people was incidentally my first, in 2002. Hoobastank, Rival Schools and bloody A (Meh) Followed by Less than Jake (Whoo!) No Doubt (Go Gwen!) and Green Day (Fucking CLASS) They are excellent live, definitely fab for a first timer as I was.
Sixtyten
QUOTE (Stella MM @ Oct 16 2004, 10:11 AM)
Last night I saw James Yorkston, King Creosote and Whalebone Polly at The Cube in the Bristol.

James Yorkston is good when he's doing his fast folky songs, but when he's doing his slow Nick Drake impression he's rather soporific. King Creosote was charming young Scottish man with an accordian and a way with hilarious stage banter and silly but touching songs. And Whalebone Polly are the Soggy Bottom Boys but, er, Girls.

Ditto - and it was chuffing great.

Tomorrow hopefully I'll be off to see Subtle and Fog at the Thekla...
wanderingschoolgirl
Last gig I went to was a festival in Riverside, CA called Inland Invasion. Good times my friends. Saw the Killers, Billy Idol- who completely stole the show, he's still got it. Muse, Tears for Fears, Franz Ferdinand- those guys f*ckin kick ass! Could have done without Ian Brown (Stone Roses)- drunk wanker... BUT!

Today, I purchased orchestra tickets for the Pixies show this saturday. Can't wait!
rabbit57i
The last gig I saw was The 5,6,7,8s....they were HOT!!!

Johnny-come-latelys might know them from Kill Bill.

Also got to see them perform a "private" show when they were on my brother's public access show.

madfish
HIM on saturday night.

support group cathedral were utter shite, but HIM were way better than i was expecting.
Footbacon
Last night I saw the Scissor Sisters in reading biggrin.gif If you get the chance to see em, go!!!
Impossible
Went to see Franz Ferdinand last night - they were amazing biggrin.gif
madfish
went to see goldie lookin chain last night

was a bit unsure whether it was a good idea to go to a gig that was gonna be full of townies but the crowd was in a good mood and glc put on a good show. would of been better if theyd had some metal/punk bands supporting though, just to confuse the townies.
kenickie
I went to see Franz Ferdinand last Tuesday and they were superb... the support band 'The Kills' were total and utter shite though... and they were on far too long aswell. mad.gif
Lazlo Woodbine
QUOTE (Footbacon @ Oct 20 2004, 09:46 PM)
Last night I saw the Scissor Sisters in reading  biggrin.gif  If you get the chance to see em, go!!!

nearly went to see them last saturday but we didn't get off our arses in time.
Sixtyten
QUOTE (kenickie @ Oct 23 2004, 06:06 PM)
the support band 'The Kills' were total and utter shite though... and they were on far too long aswell.  mad.gif

Hmm - I love the kills album and they were great when I saw them at the cardiff barfly a few years ago - maybe they've lost it a bit since then...
sean_ofthedead
I saw Oceansize at King Tuts in Glasgow last Wednesday. They were fucking stunning, seriously.
iranspaced
I saw The 'Size last night in B-ham, fcuk me they were awsome, words cannot describe how good they were. I think I'm still there now to be honest.
sean_ofthedead
QUOTE (iranspaced @ Oct 25 2004, 10:45 AM)
I saw The 'Size last night in B-ham, fcuk me they were awsome, words cannot describe how good they were. I think I'm still there now to be honest.

Fantastic, another Oceansize fan! Hello. smile.gif You're so right, I came away from the gig just like "woah". Last time that happened was (apart from the last time I saw Oceansize) Isis in March.
stagedoor jenny
Do Me Bad Things at the Barfly last night. FUCKING ROCK!

cool.gif
Cutmaster_Frost
Franz Ferdinand lastnight at the manchester apollo. i was front row again lol, it was amazing
kenickie
HIM at Newcastle Northumbria Uni... only knew one of their tracks (went with my sis who is a big fan) and was completely blown away. Brilliant.
Cutmaster_Frost
some of my friends went to the one tonight
sean_ofthedead
I went to see Bloc Party at King Tuts on Wednesday. It was good, but the support bands (Maximo Park and New Rhodes) were SHITE and we had to leave before the end of Bloc Party's set. On the plus side, however, I met Stuart Braithewaite from Mogwai, and he was a really cool guy. And I got in guestlisted, so no complaints.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.