Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Computer Games
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Sixtyten
Since there's loads of posts about other types of media gubbins, I thought that Computer Games should not be missed out.

Particularly since I've been playing Final Fantasy XI all week. Anyone else taking up the online challenge?
MargateSteve
Right now I apending ridiculously long hours playing Winning Eleven 8 which is the Japanese fore-runner to Pro Evolution Soccer 4. The Pro Evo series is the football game which pisses all over Fifa in the way that Subbuteo pissed all over Striker in the 80's!
The last time I was so hooked on a game was when I was surviving on 4 hours sleep every night due to playing Unreal Turnament 2003 online.

Steve
JennifARGH
I'm not quite prepared to pay a whole lot for Final Fantasy XI, but I'm playing the newly released Ragnarok Online for Oceana. Free beta play until December! Can't go wrong.
Baz
Yesterday I was playing soul Calibur 2 on the Xbox round my mates. Great game, but not much of an improvement from the Dreamcast version, but that's a good thing as that version is great.

Played a bit of Doom 3 as well and I'm looking forward to some network play later this week. happy.gif
The Phantom
Been playing a lot of Red Dead Revolver recently, beautifuly presented. Some interesting level design and great set pieces. Almost finished it and just in time to get stuck into GTA San Andreas.
Bloomeeney
Being played in rota on the Bloom XBox at the moment -

Second sight - good 3rd person shooter with psychic effects

Star Wars Battlefronts - You can drive AT-ATs - yehayyyy!!!!

Juiced - Chav up your motors

Burnout 3 - Whheeeeee ha ha ha ha ha ha Smash!!!!!!!!! (You know what I mean)

and just finished Sudeki - beautiful RPG and can be finished in a few days.
Kick in the Head
Having only brought my Dreamcast to university, I've been playing Metropolis Street Racer on an almost continuous basis. 4 years on, playing on and off, and I only managed to unlock the last chapter last night! Still a long way to go... biggrin.gif
ronlogan1977
I've rediscovered the Dreamcast.
Virtua tennis and Soul Calibur are getting a good seeing to.
buttonmonkey
Really into Burnout 3 on the X-Box at the moment

Especially the crashes - brilliant for getting rid of the days stresses tongue.gif
Amazongirl
Doshin the Giant on the Gamecube

Been wanting this quirky lil game for ages, but was not willing to pay 15 for it so when I saw it for under a tenner I bourght it

Im a nice yelly friendly giant who makes a nice Island with mountains, dumps a couple of people on it who worship me and build a town if I help them out. If they pee me off or if they ask too much and im lazy, I turn red, sprout horns and bat wings and DESTROY DESTROY DESTROY!!!!!!!

Fun fun fun!

Im addicted
kenickie
The X-Files : Resist or serve on playstation....

I keep meaning to plug my Commodore 64 back in and have a crack at Creatures too - retro gaming is fun! cool.gif
The Phantom
If you like your retro gaming try and pick up a copy of Retro Gamer magazine, a good read. and you get a cover disk with lots of old games and stuff on.
kenickie
Cheers Phantom - I already read it! It's bloody good innit? Takes me back to when I was a lad going round me mates after school and playing on his C64 - I was dead jealous at the time 'cos I wanted one and didn't have one sad.gif

I've still got mine now tho cool.gif
Excelsior
I've been delving into Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War on the PC. Lacking the patience to paint ickle miniatures this is rather good, and being done by Relic also known for the Homeworld series it's a sophisticated and pretty little number. Single player's a little short, but the multiplayer is quite interesting as it keeps good track of your records. Hard core table toppers beware - I understand this isn't a direct translation as it's real time strategy, but it seems pretty faithful, although what would I know?!
EasyMark
Not technically a "computer" game, but I'm currently working my way through "Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds" on the XBox.
kenickie
That is a brilliant game - I thoroughly enjoyed it. biggrin.gif
EasyMark
Yeah, it's kinda good. smile.gif Really tough in some places, but not impossible - which is good because I pretty much suck at these fighting games.

My rule is not to buy any game that hasn't gotten great reviews from reviewers I trust, or that I haven't rented first. However, I will take risks on buying games that are pretty cheap. I just sell them on EBay when I'm done and, in the long run, it'll be about the same cost or cheaper than if I'd rented it in the first place.
Lazlo Woodbine
tekken 4

after hours of practice and finally beating it on the harsest setting without using a continue i still can't beat my best mate.
first to 30 i was 27-24 up and went on to lose 27-30. arghhh!
so close sad.gif
Jubei
I have a confession.

I'm an addict.

Once, in a 1 month binge, I notched up 90 of phone bill on my Dreamcast. The reason? Sonic Team.

In about 2001 I bought Phantasy Star Online for my DC, and quite quickly realised this was an excellent game. As the days and weeks passed I little noticed the addiction creeping up on me, until, finally, SEGA had the good sense to ban me from online play. After a few days of huddling in darkened corners crying out for my FOmar friend to resta me, and wondering where all the cute little rappies were, and why i couldn't smash their feathery heads in, I began to head back into the world and interact with people.

Skip forward 3 years.

I walk into GAME, there on the shelf is a brand new shiny copy of PSO Ep1&2. "turn around" I tell myself, but its too late. I look down and I've already bought it. I have been playing PSO since. It even mocks me by showing my total play time every time I load it up.

As I said, I am an addict, that is my confession.
War Bastard
Ah the joys of PSO on the Dreamcast. I only got into it when Ver. 2 came out so the servers were pretty much empty. Fortunately I had a friend who had it and we used to play it every firday night for ages, I was never addicted to it though. Then we began to hate it and we never wanted to play it again. Then we started loving it again and hating it and loving it and hating it. When it was good it was very very good (I even wrote a song about it) but the second it stopped being fun it was soul destroying. We're at the point where we remember it with great fondness, but the thought of playing it again fills us with dread. Looks like my lv 73 (don't laugh) FOnewm will, never reach 200.

I also bought eps 1 & 2. (Gamecube) Never realy got into it. After about 50 hours I realised I had stopped enjoying it at about 5 and it was all pointless because I'd never get to play with friends online due to the fact that nintendo made 5 broadband adapters and hid 3 of them in a box.

Now I play xbox live, which is a quality service and highly recomended, and feel a little bit sorry for nintendo for missing out.
Jubei
Oh te be playing PSO on the Gamecube, there's SO MANY MORE people playing it on the GC than the Xbox, and Microsoft are bastards about letting SEGA update the servers. Still, even the GC won't be like the good ol' days. So far, on XBox, I have a lvl 68 HUcast, a lvl 14 HUnewearl (slut!) and then with my other two housemates we also have a lvl 68, a lvl 55, a lvl 21, a lvl 5 and a lvl 1 (the dump character, for all the crap!) Its a little excessive I know...
Impossible
I haven't played a video game for ages. I still have my Playstation somewhere - I loved Tekken 3 and Cool Boarders 3.
Mr. Meow Meow Chubby Sticks
DON'T BUY Star Ocean 3!!!!! About 10 hours into the game you get this chick who can add 4,000 attack to all of your weapons (they should only have like 300-400 attack at this point) making the game pointless from then out. wacko.gif

Been playing Red Dead Revolver multi-player a bunch with my room-mate and some friends. And the Time Crisis for Playstation......still need that dumb plug for the back of the system to use the gun. wacko.gif
Pvt Iron {T F U}
recently been playing farcry one of the nicest games to look at....but it'd goddamn hard.very smart comp ai,comp controlled players will flank you,you have to think before you attack .no CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!!!! tactics you end up looking at the reload screen.but the game that i have wiled away many an hour once or twice till about 4 am ohmy.gif (okay maybe more than once or twice tongue.gif ) i s battlefield 1942 and its mod desert combat .i was just playing away thinking one more round and that'll do next thing i know its 2 am ohmy.gif .but the game that i'm looking forward to is GTA San Andreas,seen a few screen shots and a few thing have been given away with what you can do in it.it also looks massive, it's going to be on a double density dvdrom.i cant wait.
The Phantom
picked up Steel Dragon Ex for the PS2 in a sale yesterday. Top shoot em up action, also including a complete conversion of the arcade original.
fatmanintweed
Fable, on the Xbox. Haven't had chance to play much of it due to coursework, but it's a good game so far.
Rav
I've just got my broadband connection fixed after several months of having to use dial-up...I'm tempted to give Star Wars Galaxies another try, but I fear I may lose my girlfriend if I do - the damn game is addictive smile.gif
cky2k
I rented out THUG2, it was pretty good (not quite as good as THUG) focus and freak out are great new aspects and the storyline is not bad either. It more or less revolves around a Bam (Margera) crazy theme. With the introduction of classic mode i got to skate at FDR Philly park from the legendary THPS2, can't go wrong with that.
fried_gold
I've got THUG2. It's great, theres a lot of novelty aspects to it but there is quite a lot of variation, enough to keep you playing. I'm still sick of having to go around finding things though, it takes forever.
cky2k
QUOTE (fried_gold @ Oct 17 2004, 11:49 AM)
I'm still sick of having to go around finding things though, it takes forever.

Yeah i agree, i dreaded having to spray paint over those 'spat' things. ugggghh.
movielad
Like most people (I guess), I'm waiting for Half Life 2 to be released on Steam. Counter Strike Source has been released, but have never really been a big fan of that (although I suppose it's a question of having the patience in getting good at it).

M.
Amazongirl
Whenever I have free time, I run into the local Gamestation and play Bongos like a right Ape
Sixtyten
It seems like I'm becoming addicted - the server is down for updates today and I'm getting some serious cravings sad.gif
movielad
QUOTE (movielad @ Oct 17 2004, 05:59 PM)
Like most people (I guess), I'm waiting for Half Life 2 to be released on Steam.  Counter Strike Source has been released, but have never really been a big fan of that (although I suppose it's a question of having the patience in getting good at it).

And today I splashed out on the Half Life 2 and Counter Strike: Source. God, I'm crap. It's going to require serious amount of practising and insults to get me to some decent level.

M.
Impossible
Yesterday I got my old Playstation out of the wardrobe and started playing Tekken 3 again biggrin.gif
Lazlo Woodbine
QUOTE (Impossible @ Oct 19 2004, 07:01 PM)
Yesterday I got my old Playstation out of the wardrobe and started playing Tekken 3 again  biggrin.gif

Woo! Tekken! The game of kings.
Sixtyten
QUOTE (Lazlo Woodbine @ Oct 19 2004, 10:17 PM)
Woo! Tekken!  The game of kings.

And people with sore thumbs.
Dorf
QUOTE (Lazlo Woodbine @ Oct 19 2004, 10:17 PM)
Woo! Tekken!  The game of kings.

lol and the game that can sometimes stretch friendships, when people start throwing around "button basher" accusations lol
Lazlo Woodbine
QUOTE (Dorf @ Oct 20 2004, 02:37 AM)
lol and the game that can sometimes stretch friendships, when people start throwing around "button basher" accusations lol

i usually find it works better if you just throw the whole controller at them smile.gif
The Phantom
Been trying to finish Prince of Persia Sands of Time. Good game. Simple yet flexable control system. Got a feeling that is going to be put on the back burner though as the shadow of GTA San Andreas is looming. biggrin.gif
DoYouRentDownstairs?
Yeah San Andreas tomorrow.

I've had the week off work ill, but I have to work I HAVE TO! Must resist the urge to break a leg!
The Phantom
QUOTE (DoYouRentDownstairs? @ Oct 28 2004, 09:40 PM)
Yeah San Andreas tomorrow.

I've had the week off work ill, but I have to work  I HAVE TO! Must resist the urge to break a leg!

Actually I do feel like I'm coming down with something and shall probably need some time off next week! cough cough
Amazongirl
Tetris

Every time I go home on a weekend to see my parents, I always pick up and play it
The Phantom
well Tetris is a classic, pick up and play written all over it.
rebelstar
QUOTE (Lazlo Woodbine @ Oct 19 2004, 11:17 PM)
Woo! Tekken! The game of kings.

I always found Soul Edge/Soul Blade far superior to Tekken on the PSX - just that bit more fast and frantic.

I've been killing time until San Andreas (which Play haven't posted because they can't cover all of their preorders, damn them) with Psi-Ops : The Mindgate Conspiracy on the Xbox. Great fun. Ninja Gaiden is also highly recommended, although it's quite tough.

And with Halo 2 and Metroid Prime 2 coming up, it's going to be a fun winter.
Stella MM
My boyfriend bought a new style PS2 (they're teeny weeny!) and GTA: San Andreas yesterday.

*poof* Goodbye loving, communicative relationship!

I've decided to buy The Sims 2 for the PC in revenge.
The Phantom
QUOTE (rebelstar @ Oct 29 2004, 10:45 AM)
I always found Soul Edge/Soul Blade far superior to Tekken on the PSX - just that bit more fast and frantic.

I've been killing time until San Andreas (which Play haven't posted because they can't cover all of their preorders, damn them) with Psi-Ops : The Mindgate Conspiracy on the Xbox. Great fun. Ninja Gaiden is also highly recommended, although it's quite tough.

And with Halo 2 and Metroid Prime 2 coming up, it's going to be a fun winter.

ah the old Tekken Vs Soul Blade debate, personnaly always sided for Tekken, just seemed a bit more structured, I always find the quicker beat-em-ups end up in a mish mash of button smashing and nobody really knows what is going on.

wacko.gif
rebelstar
I don't care about that - I'm happy to trade in a bit of sophistication for the chance to hit people with sticks and swords. wink.gif
whitey
Anybody had a go on X-Men Legends yet? I hear good things...
kateykinz
Is anyone else going to be off work ill on November 11th? Or is that just my obsessed boyfriend and his mates?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.