Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Danger 50,000 Volts DVD Release
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > News
Pages: 1, 2
Downsy

Ever wondered how to survive a poisonous snake attack, avoid being struck by lightning or fend off a thug wielding a baseball bat?

Help is at hand with the DVD release of Nick Frost’s Danger! 50,000 Volts, the brilliant ‘alternative’ survival show in which Spaced and Shaun of the Dead star Frost teaches you how to react in the face of attack, escape from a cave when the tide is rising or even deliver a baby in a taxi. In a world where there are thugs at home, terrorists abroad and fear lurking round every corner, Nick Frost shows you can never be too paranoid, too pissed off or too over prepared because Danger is out there….and she’s looking for you.

Each thirty minute episode follows Nick as he attempts to solve six dangerous dilemmas involving everything from extreme weather conditions and man-eating animals to rescuing a hostage plus top tips on how to spy on someone or perfect the art of getaway driving! In Danger! 50,000 Volts, Nick’s travels take him to the four corners of the world, from the icy waters of the arctic to the extreme heat of the desert, in which intrepid explorer Bruce Parry shows you how to create your own water supply by urinating onto a piece of plastic – luckily Nick shows it’s all in a days work by bravely unzipping his combats to show viewers how it’s done….he faces danger so you don’t have to. The series also sees Nick chatting to real-life heroes including a 70-something Florida granny who bravely fought off a bear attack and lived to tell the tale.

DVD Extras:
Danger! 50,000 Zombies: Exclusive feature staring Nick Frost plus SECRET GUEST STAR….!!
Commentary: Nick Frost & members of the production team give a special commentary
Danger! Facts! - Everything you ever wanted but probably never needed to know from the show!

Thanks to Rachel from Killa Communications for the info
Cutmaster_Frost
i Love it it's soo good lol i love it dueing the heat stroke bit good way to get nick's kit off
DangerHelvetica
w00 Nicks Wee!!! wub.gif

50,000 zombies was touching too...

first time I seen any of the Danger series as I didnt have C5.

TOP STUFF! You should be proud Nick n co.
Ivy Operation
Oh mumma, this is a great series.

Nick does it for me every time, been sat watching this dvd all afternoon wetting meself happy.gif tis genius.

and indeed 50000 zombies was a nice edition.

Hope they release danger incoming attack.
EasyMark
So who's the "special guest star?" Simon Pegg?
williambuckrogers
the hidden outakes are heeeeeeeelarious!! biggrin.gif
DangerHelvetica
the special guest star may or may not be simon pegg.....

how do I get these hidden out takes? are they at the end of the facts or something? excl.gif
stagedoor jenny
Is it just me? I was going to go and buy this after reading all the recommendations on here but when I saw it I came over a bit embarrassed. It had "Star of Shaun of the dead' all over the front and that zombie extra just made me think that they were using Shaun as a promotion point. I know they are going to use all the help they can to get it to sell but it jjust seemed a bit TOO obviously trying to rope in the Shaun fans.. so I didn't buy it! I think I will wait till it's in the bargain bin... tongue.gif
guiltyspark
Hi First post on here but anyways. I just got Danger 50.000 Volts on dvd! and i'm sitting there watching it and then they mention 'Aylesbury' and i think huh wierd fun but wierd but in the last episode they mention 'Aylesbury' again! Does he like it there!? I ask cause i live there?! What the connection between Nick and Aylesbury anyone know?!!!!!????!!!??

Thanks!
Cutmaster_Frost
hold on where are the hidden out takes
williambuckrogers
upwards must you go, young padawan dvd watcher. to dissapointment does downwards lead... cool.gif cool.gif
Juliet
I just got the DVD and I have been watching a few episodes. What can I say this DVD is fantastic and enjoyable to watch. This survival DVD is very useful and Nick did a great job during the show. Nick is a brave man when it comes to dealing with an alligator and even urinating in the desert.

I have not seen the special features yet but I am so looking forward to watch it. I heard a little bit about the special guest and other things.

QUOTE (Cutmaster_Frost @ Oct 4 2004, 08:40 PM)
i Love it it's soo good lol i love it dueing the heat stroke bit good way to get nick's kit off

Love the boxers! wub.gif
Juliet
Where are the outtakes?
Cutmaster_Frost
lol I want to no that aswell
pick-puff-pickle
Well I watched it on T.V. and I want the DVD but every time I go into HMV the conversation goes a little like this.

HMV Till Monkey: "Whats 50,000 volts?....*random person chips in*.....oh right cheers bob....we don't have it, it's not in yet"

Stunningly attractive and oh so hip customer: "..........YOU FUCKING PLUM"

mad.gif this makes me very angry *insert your own fozzy bear voice here*
whitey
I only got it for the commentary which didn't disappoint. Frost is a funny motherfucker.
Juliet
I love Nick on the commentary wub.gif
Cutmaster_Frost
yay me too it's funny some of the stuff he says
Baz
QUOTE (pick-puff-pickle @ Oct 19 2004, 06:56 PM)
Well I watched it on T.V. and I want the DVD but every time I go into HMV the conversation goes a little like this.

HMV Till Monkey: "Whats 50,000 volts?....*random person chips in*.....oh right cheers bob....we don't have it, it's not in yet"

Stunningly attractive and oh so hip customer: "..........YOU FUCKING PLUM"

mad.gif  this makes me very angry *insert your own fozzy bear voice here*

I've had problems trying to find somewhere that sells it too. sad.gif
Cutmaster_Frost
i got it from Tesco it was the goonies that i had troble finding
Baz
QUOTE (Cutmaster_Frost @ Oct 21 2004, 04:43 PM)
it was the goonies that i had troble finding

*Resists urge to pass comment*

wink.gif
toneloc
mad.gif Ok, i can't figure it out - where is the easter egg? Please someone help me!
mixedcasesspaces
It's only £8.97 on Amazon now...

Mark
frostitute
QUOTE (toneloc @ Nov 30 2004, 03:51 AM)
mad.gif Ok, i can't figure it out - where is the easter egg? Please someone help me!

I don't believe there is one, from what I've explored on my DVD. sad.gif

I wish there was an easter egg of sorts though!

And at that price on Amazon, ALL OF YOU MUST BUY IT.

Share the love of Frost!

(*Grumbles for not seeing an Incoming Attack DVD in the coming days*)
Baz
QUOTE (mixedcasesspaces @ Jan 7 2005, 11:41 AM)
It's only £8.97 on Amazon now...

Mark

And you'll probably have to wait a century before they actually deliver it!

Bloody Amazon!
frostitute
Eh? I ordered from them (Spaced Set and Danger) and it only took about 3 days...
Baz
Amazon Uk have always been crap with deliveries when I've used them. My housemates has been waiting for the big Futurama boxset to be deliveried from then and it's now coming on 3 months and they've told him that he won't get it now till end of Fedruary.

He's now ordered it from Play and got it with in a couple of days!
frostitute
I just got this in my inbox:

Danger! 50,000 Volts! Easter Egg Found!

Hi There.
I thought you might like this info since it didn't look like anybody posted it.
To access the easter egg, go to Danger's second disc. Go to the extras menu
with the Danger 50'000 Zombies. Hit the left arrow key on your remote so
that a check appears on the Danger logo on the left part of your screen. Hit
enter on your remote and enjoy incredibly funny outtakes from Danger 50,000
Zombies. Hope this was useful.
Your sites real cool, by the way. Take care.
frostitute
This indeed does exist! I just confirmed it when my DVDs arrived.

It is a bit short however...
toneloc
short, but funny...
Thanks for the hint. I can't stand the easter eggs. I can never find them, and knowing they exist - but that i can't see them, is sooo annoying!!
Mase
Got mine through today whopee! Havn't had time to watch it yet as i bought bill bailey bewilderness and part troll at the same time and i watched those first. happy.gif
pots
mine is coming tomorrow hopefully and as i'm now unemployed i can spend all day sat in front of the telly.

hurray for fat lazy me!
shazam
brilliant, i loved it, i especialy love the extra,50,000 zombies very well done
Cornetto
What would you give the DVD out of 10?
frostitute
I might be the slightest bit biased, but a 10.
claire
Ooh, now all of you have been talking about it, I was debating whether to buy it or not but you've all swung me! Me thinks I'll buy it this weekend. smile.gif
Omniscia
Unlike Frosty, I do not suffer from a raging infatuation with our dear Mr. Nick Frost, but that isn't to say I didn't like the discs. It rates a good 8/10, in my book; I don't want to give it more credit that it's due.

That said, yeah, it's a fun little show. Not uproariously funny, but definitely fun. The good bits are very good indeed. Nick is very charismatic and engaging as the host, and always finds the perfect straight-man/foil to play off of, and it's educational, sort of...
claire
I couldn't wait until the weekend, so I bought it today!

I'm going to go and watch it in a bit, I can't wait!
claire
I've watched it all and I give it 10 out of 10, definately!

I didn't watch the series when it was on TV but I'm so happy I bought it, it's amazing.

But I find it quite disturbing that I still fancy Simon with those teeth in the extras biggrin.gif
Cornetto
I'm not sure If I should buy It I liked SOTD ans Spaced so will I like this?
frostitute
Only one way to find out, isn't there?
Ohio_is_for_lovers
I need to get some money, then im getting this, i remeber seeing it on channel 5 thinking, hehe, what is this? i will have this one day though!
Cornetto
**Bargin** I purchased Nick Frost's Danger 50,000 volts for under £9 off amazon I'm just waiting for it now..... I'll stay up all night if I have too but I don't so I shant.
Hendrix_SP
Ok, after reading all the posts i'm defently going to buy this. I almost picked it up about a month ago in HMV, wish i had now!
whitey
QUOTE (Cornetto @ Feb 16 2005, 04:38 PM)
What would you give the DVD out of 10?

7. Funny and some great extras, the commentaries and the 50,000 Zombies bit are worth the asking price of the DVD, but overall the thing lacks longevity. Seen it all a couple of times now and don't know if I could get through it all again for a good long while.
zombi_assassin
Got my copy and I am loving it. Must have for Nick Frost fans 10/10
Cornetto
I liked the DVD and danger 50,000 zombies was good but I have a few problems with it.
1:Simon Pegg fails to do a good Australian accent and by the end his voice was just annoying.

2:The Man in the orange shirt is a idiot he has no contacts and the camera zooms in on him I think twice.

3:The Comedy aspect lacks in places where Simon Pegg falls over many times. (It was funny the first time but he really pushes it!

4: The Screwdriver in the head was shit. The effect was good but the so called zombie was a normal woman (No contacts) making it rubbish.

5: Stopping to look at a woman crawl out of a ditch and when she does she looks left at the other zombie. (The first zombie was the best of the lot and good for him he upstaged his other shitty zombie friends)

But aside from those five bad points Nick Frost was great and Simon really tried to make his bit work.

Oh and I love it when Nick shouts "oh you are you a dead?".
WiseJoeyD
How many episodes are on it (so I can be Ian Malcolm about it and work out £/ep ratio)?

Also any naff eps in there?

Read (Ah...see that's where I went wrong) a review where someone ewas saying Nick is a bit stymied by a script written by the guy who had his hand up Sooty's arse
frostitute
8 episodes, plus the 50,000 Zombies extra.
SpaceSickPip
Just been given £40 biggrin.gif Might go out and buy comic aid, SotD and Danger 50,000 Volts. Whaddia think? Hell yeah!! cool.gif

[EDIT] Anyone know where I can buy Danger 50,000 Volts? Not from the internet mind.

Thanks in advance happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.