Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hot Fuzz General Thread
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Hot Fuzz
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
Acidboy
******** GOSS UPDATE: ********

Introducing my just-as-geeky-and-sad-as-me-girlfriend.....

So Rich is at his ultra geeky ICT exam today, and i'm leaving my friends to walk up home and Hott Fuzz are doing their usual 'filming all the time with big guns' in our little town. So all those police (who are hard to tell the difference of the real ones and ones on set) are stopping everyone walking through the market place because their was water on the ground...weird. So taking my detour I nearly bump into this guy, who spins round and just so happens to be Nick Frost himself! Who was slighty surprised to see me standing there in my school uniform in school hours.........so he just talked to me.......

sorry tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

post if you're interested in hearing more
Bish0p
QUOTE (Acidboy @ May 23 2006, 11:00 PM)
post if you're interested in hearing more

Always.
Downsy
Certainly, but as always be careful about spoilers smile.gif
Jumpin Jack Flash
Yes Rich!
Acidboy
Haha im like the notorious spoilerman now! HAHA! wicked. Anyway i think he basically said to her (shes not here now)
Nick-"why are you not in school?" and she said
"im on Study leave, i've just had an exam"
Nick-"Bet thats what they all say"
"so hows the filming going?"
Nick"Oh it's ok but we might be here a while, SIMON'S doing a scene*exasperated tone*"

So thats that. My luck girlfriend and her smooth talking. Damn im soooo jealous

Just for the record that was a conversation not a script laugh.gif
dolfyn
Ooooohhhh!!!! More jealousy! sad.gif You lucky people.
Wish I could go there & say hi to the guys, too. *sigh*

Keep us informed, though. Thanx for the updates. smile.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif
Llama
I feel this to be the best place to post my updates...

My friend and I went down to see the filming the day before yesterday and stayed over night so we got to watch a bit more yesterday morning. In short we're now well-known amongst the many members of the 'Hot Fuzz' cast and crew. I have several signed things, but the best bits were undoubtedly the conversations with the guys. They are so nice you would not believe. And I know, I'm bound to say that, right? It's the honest truth.

Things they supplied us with: they had various crew members send us over tea and toasties the first night; Edgar saved us some Jaffa Cakes that he had sent over too; the next day we got given more tea and some cookies; some Strepsils from Morag who was informed by our friend Dan (who does the video blogs and various other bits of filming) that my travelling companion had a sore throat; and Edgar bought us some hot chocolate. I've also got a couple of props - a shotgun shell that was strapped to Simon's chest during filming that he gave to me, and a book that was being used as a prop that was given to me by Edgar.

They were honestly all so kind to us and it was just amazing. That's a very cut-down version of events, but most of the important stuff is there. I can post pictures of the various things I accumulated if anyone is interested... but you're probably not.
feckless_dykey_prostitute
That's really cool. Aw Edgar bought you Hot Chocolate...that's kind of him. What a lovely man. He's so sweet. He's great....and so funny.

I'll stop.
widowspider
QUOTE (Llama @ May 26 2006, 10:44 AM)
I feel this to be the best place to post my updates...

My friend and I went down to see the filming the day before yesterday and stayed over night so we got to watch a bit more yesterday morning. In short we're now well-known amongst the many members of the 'Hot Fuzz' cast and crew. I have several signed things, but the best bits were undoubtedly the conversations with the guys. They are so nice you would not believe. And I know, I'm bound to say that, right? It's the honest truth.

Things they supplied us with: they had various crew members send us over tea and toasties the first night; Edgar saved us some Jaffa Cakes that he had sent over too; the next day we got given more tea and some cookies; some Strepsils from Morag who was informed by our friend Dan (who does the video blogs and various other bits of filming) that my travelling companion had a sore throat; and Edgar bought us some hot chocolate. I've also got a couple of props - a shotgun shell that was strapped to Simon's chest during filming that he gave to me, and a book that was being used as a prop that was given to me by Edgar.

They were honestly all so kind to us and it was just amazing. That's a very cut-down version of events, but most of the important stuff is there. I can post pictures of the various things I accumulated if anyone is interested... but you're probably not.

Wow, that sounds amazing! I bet you had a fantastic time and glad to hear the boys were nice to you. Bless their cotton socks. smile.gif
Llama
QUOTE (feckless_dykey_prostitute @ May 26 2006, 01:08 PM)
That's really cool. Aw Edgar bought you Hot Chocolate...that's kind of him. What a lovely man. He's so sweet. He's great....and so funny.

I'll stop.

He really is such a sweet guy happy.gif

And more attractive in person than in video or picture form even though I didn't think that was possible.

QUOTE (widowspider @ May 26 2006, 01:49 PM)
Wow, that sounds amazing! I bet you had a fantastic time and glad to hear the boys were nice to you. Bless their cotton socks. smile.gif

#I.. had.. the time of my li-i-iife... And I owe it all to EdgarSimonNickandtherestofthe'HotFuzz'crew#
QUOTE (Llama @ May 26 2006, 02:36 PM)
And more attractive in person than in video or picture form even though I didn't think that was possible.

I wholeheartedly agree with that comment biggrin.gif
thirtyhelens
I can post pictures of the various things I accumulated if anyone is interested... but you're probably not.

Rrruh-wha?! Of course we are - post away, kiddo. biggrin.gif Thanks for sharing your experience; they couldn't possibly get any cooler.
Llama
No problem! The people on this board are probably the only people I communicate with who would be even slightly interested, and I had to spout it somewhere.

I'll see if I can get some good pictures...

Right, here we go:

In case you can't make this out it says "Yes you can have a dog!":

I know it's sad but I kept the tube from the Jaffa Cakes Edgar sent over. We're not sure whether he knew about the bit on the side there, but we found it amusing anyway:

More sadness on my part:

And the rest:

(Jack - snap!):

Ta da! *Jazz hands*
Wow, they're uber cool! biggrin.gif
widowspider
QUOTE (Llama @ May 26 2006, 07:53 PM)

Ta da! *Jazz hands*

This one is my favourite I think. Good signing work Llama!
Acidboy
Not really Hott Fuzz but i saw simon pegg do standup on sunday!!!!!
With Jack flash
it was awesome
Jumpin Jack Flash
Way ahead of you... tongue.gif
Acidboy
where?
Jumpin Jack Flash
Here
dolfyn
QUOTE (Acidboy @ May 31 2006, 08:49 AM)
Not really Hott Fuzz but i saw simon pegg do standup on sunday!!!!!
With Jack flash
it was awesome

Oh bugger! I'd LOVE to see the comedy stylings of Mr Pegg. I wonder if he'll ever
release any on DVD. It'd be awesome if he did a show at the Comedy Festival
here in Melbourne one year. As it is, I missed out on Dylan Moran's show at this
year's festival due to being poor at the time. Oh why do I have to be so far away
from all these brilliant entertainers? sad.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wacko.gif
KevinandNick
QUOTE (KevinandNick @ May 18 2006, 10:20 AM)
Hott Fuzz looks interesting.

After recent consultation, in a Ford Prefect-sort-of-fashion, have upgraded our thoughts on Hott Fuzz...

Hott Fuzz now looks most interesting wink.gif

KEV & NICK WILSON
Acidboy
QUOTE (dolfyn @ May 31 2006, 03:27 AM)
Oh bugger! I'd LOVE to see the comedy stylings of Mr Pegg. I wonder if he'll ever
release any on DVD. It'd be awesome if he did a show at the Comedy Festival
here in Melbourne one year. As it is, I missed out on Dylan Moran's show at this
year's festival due to being poor at the time. Oh why do I have to be so far away
from all these brilliant entertainers?  sad.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wacko.gif

If anyone else has seen him do stand up, speak up because i've got mixed feelings about it. I mean it was cool to see him do it but the actual content wasn't as Pegg-ish as ithought it was going to be. Then again it's probably due to his business with Hott Fuzz. So has anyone else seen him do standup? huh.gif
KevinandNick
Hott Fuzz is going to be great - trust us. wink.gif

Never before has there been such a convergence of Alan Dean Foster novelisations...

KEVIN & NICK
Llama
Not really an update as such but a good picture nevertheless.

Possible spoiler... but not really giving too much away.
frostitute
I would edit that out or at least post a link instead
Llama
Would that be considered a spoiler?

EDIT: I'll put a link in case...
frostitute
Some people prefer to be on media blackout when it comes to a certain thing, games, movies, books, etc.
widowspider
QUOTE (Llama @ Jun 5 2006, 04:21 PM)

Holy crap! biggrin.gif
fatseff1234
QUOTE (widowspider @ Jun 5 2006, 05:55 PM)
Holy crap! biggrin.gif

My thoughts entierely. You just know that some bad guys are going to get their asses kicked.

Haha. Cool!
Stink_Palm
That is the greatest thing I've ever seen.

I'm not gay, but that looks a lot like one of my sexual fantasies.
Acidboy
EMBARESSING STORY:
Last night i was walking back from my girlfriends house, from whom id borrowed shaun of the dead to show my mum (hehe) and i was a sighn Sayin " hott Fuzz Location" pointing down my road...so i thought id just take a detour the long way round to my house to check out the action.

Little did i know that my path would actually lead me right through their shot, just before they were about to shoot! And the worst thing is, which i didnt realise at the time was that i was holding the dvd which would have made me look SOOOO geeky! Well embarressed.

But Peggers spoke to me Though.....yeah im just really sad really HA HA! laugh.gif
Jumpin Jack Flash
Did you not borrow that off of me? So many people have so many of my films.
dolfyn
QUOTE (Llama @ Jun 6 2006, 02:21 AM)

Hehee! That's awesome. If he was any more loaded up, he'd fall off the horse! biggrin.gif
He looks cool, though. cool.gif

*sigh* Still such a long wait until the launch....

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
smile.gif
widowspider
QUOTE (Acidboy @ Jun 5 2006, 10:54 PM)
EMBARESSING STORY:
Last night i was walking back from my girlfriends house, from whom id borrowed shaun of the dead to show my mum (hehe) and i was a sighn Sayin " hott Fuzz Location" pointing down my road...so i thought id just take a detour the long way round to my house to check out the action.

Little did i know that my path would actually lead me right through their shot, just before they were about to shoot! And the worst thing is, which i didnt realise at the time was that i was holding the dvd which would have made me look SOOOO geeky! Well embarressed.

But Peggers spoke to me Though.....yeah im just really sad really HA HA! laugh.gif

Couldn't have been better timed! Heehee. I'm sure they appreciated the irony of the DVD you were holding. biggrin.gif
Crutch
Signs saying "Hot Fuzz Location." Great Britain is really geek and stalker friendly, right?
theevilresident101
Wouldn't it be fun if there were signs everywhere saying that? That way you can accidentally be in the movie or be in something else...like the cutting room floor! Too bad this frikkin' place where I live doesn't make movies; or isn't perfect for them.

I might make one. A zombie movie! Ha ha! I've already picked the perfect location!
Llama
QUOTE (Crutch @ Jun 6 2006, 01:50 PM)
Signs saying "Hot Fuzz Location." Great Britain is really geek and stalker friendly, right?

Well, "HF LOC" and "HF BASE". Not quite so obvious.

I tried to steal one of the "HF BASE" signs but my friend pulled me away.
rabbit57i
QUOTE (Acidboy @ Jun 5 2006, 04:54 PM)
EMBARESSING STORY:
Oh my goodness, that is embarrassing!
frostitute
QUOTE (Llama @ Jun 6 2006, 08:43 AM)

Resorting to STEALING, now ohmy.gif
Llama
You read that wrong I'm sure. I said "polish".

Yeah, that's it....
thirtyhelens
You read that wrong I'm sure. I said "polish".

Hey, since when did this have to do with anyone's nationality? wink.gif
Sean of the Dead

Pegg on a horse is better than Christ on a bike.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ Jun 6 2006, 12:23 PM)
Pegg on a horse is better than Christ on a bike.

He can ride bare-backed through my village any day.
mcraigclark
Naughty girl! wink.gif
thirtyhelens
I aims to please. happy.gif
KevinandNick
QUOTE (Llama @ Jun 6 2006, 01:43 PM)

Naughty, naughty! smile.gif

KEVIN & NICK
Llama
They were fluorescent orange, it was so hard to resist! *Buries face in hands*
KevinandNick
Not to be confused with the pink ones that were around for the other movie shooting in Wells

KEVIN & NICK
Jumpin Jack Flash
My friend asked me if I wanted to be an extra with him in it. I said 'Pfft! I don't want to be in a period drama!' He then showed me what they gave him for it. A digital camera and 350 quid for two days work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.