Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hot Fuzz General Thread
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Hot Fuzz
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
AusChick
Hehehehe
It's true!

I've got all those kind of compilations on vinyl too.
Everything from "1981 Over The Top" right through to "Summer 89"

Yeah I've pretty much got the 80's covered.

*dancing like a twat to Prefab sprout*
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (AusChick @ Mar 21 2007, 07:20 AM)
I thought I was the only person left in the world who still has audio tapes!

My car only has a radio and cassette (no CD) so I'm getting about with "Hits Hot 84-85" and "Just Hits 85-86" and other such gems.  cool.gif

Heh, I still have 'Hits '87', and quite a few others. Audio tapes doth rock mightily.
AusChick
For the night of the Q & A session I made up a tape which had that Camisra song (from the clubbing episode) on it, then turned the tape over and put the same song at that spot on the other side.

I listened to it all the way from work to the city on my way to the Q & A.

I had it blaring at full volume! Loving it!
dolfyn
QUOTE (AusChick @ Mar 21 2007, 10:28 PM)
For the night of the Q & A session I made up a tape which had that Camisra song (from the clubbing episode) on it, then turned the tape over and put the same song at that spot on the other side.
I listened to it all the way from work to the city on my way to the Q & A.
I had it blaring at full volume!  Loving it!

heheheee! And the similarities just keep on piling up! wink.gif I think we need a DNA test for proof. happy.gif I knew Amber couldn't be my real sister! She's the devil in a C cup!!! laugh.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
cool.gif

EDIT: Oh dear. Spelling mistakes. I'm slightly pissed & I've been watching series 2 of Spaced with the commentary! biggrin.gif
AusChick
Whereas I'm just a mildly naughty imp in a D-cup!

Oops, too much info
widowspider
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Mar 21 2007, 02:31 AM)
That was the choice one Mr Pegg.  cool.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wink.gif

Damn. He's just too good to be true. I might ask him a completely off-topic question at the Q&A about Elbow, then. smile.gif
melzilla
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Mar 21 2007, 08:46 AM)
Heh, I still have 'Hits '87', and quite a few others. Audio tapes doth rock mightily.

I have a load of 80's/90's tapes...my pick of the moment being "100% RAP"
...............*shwing bada-bada-bada-bada-bada SHWING!!*

Check ma lyrics yo!
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Mar 21 2007, 12:46 AM)

There's nothing wrong with a bit of retro. Nothing at ALL. There's no shelf life on good music. That Television track on Simon's list is from 1977. (Or '78? I may have to check...)

Yeah, I know what you mean... you're talking about sentimental favorites that can only conditionally be considered "good". I have those, too. But I'm not telling you what they are...
Rebus
Some of my earliest and most valuable memories of music are listening to the old cassette tape while being driven to school by my dad. Fair enough he used to play Tina Turner and Simply Red and that's a reason why I have deep seeded psychological problems today, but occasionally, just coincidentally, he'd stick on something good.
thirtyhelens
Tina Turner is a goddess. I'll threaten anyone who says otherwise with a five-inch patent leather stiletto.

There's no excuse for Mick Hucknall, though.

ETA: This thread has veered wildly off track, hasn't it? Ooops. Ah, fuggit, it's the "general" thread anyway...
dolfyn
QUOTE (widowspider @ Mar 21 2007, 11:50 PM)
Damn. He's just too good to be true.

Yes he is. wub.gif That's why I have a massive fan-crush on him! blush.gif

QUOTE (widowspider @ Mar 21 2007, 11:50 PM)
I might ask him a completely off-topic question at the Q&A about Elbow, then. smile.gif

That's a good idea, get him thinking. biggrin.gif They seem to be asked the same questions over & over, which must get really tedious for them. rolleyes.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wink.gif
widowspider
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Mar 21 2007, 11:37 PM)
Yes he is.  wub.gif  That's why I have a massive fan-crush on him!  blush.gif
That's a good idea, get him thinking.  biggrin.gif  They seem to be asked the same questions over & over, which must get really tedious for them.  rolleyes.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wink.gif

I know - that's why I'm racking my brains to think up something that will be different to the usual and hopefully make them laugh. Will have to prepare in advance and write it down so that I won't forget it and stumble like a buffoon.

Last time I met Simon it was easier, he was being a fanboy because Anthony Daniels was there too so we shared a geek moment going 'can you believe C-3PO is here? I know! How cool!'

It was very special.
DrownThings
Hee hee. I was in town today and found a t-shirt in HMV that said "N.W.A." with "Straight outa Compton" on the back.
I have never been so tempted to buy something! I wanted to just buy it scribble out Compton and write in Sandford... but I couldnt afford to sad.gif
AusChick
Very cute DT! I don't think I could wear an NWA T-shirt these days. Reminds me too much of a certain period in my youth.
Oh dear I sound old now!

Rach I'm sensing a gradual building of excitement there!
Not long til you get to see them again.
Actually, given that they were in NY I'm suprised you weren't stalking round town looking for them. Oh wait, that's what I would have been doing. hehehehe

But yeah you should definately ask them something out of the ordinary - even the breif time they were in Australia I think they got asked the same questions 5,000 times!!
widowspider
QUOTE (AusChick @ Mar 22 2007, 10:46 PM)
Very cute DT!  I don't think I could wear an NWA T-shirt these days.  Reminds me too much of a certain period in my youth.
Oh dear I sound old now!

Rach I'm sensing a gradual building of excitement there!
Not long til you get to see them again.
Actually, given that they were in NY I'm suprised you weren't stalking round town looking for them.  Oh wait, that's what I would have been doing. hehehehe

But yeah you should definately ask them something out of the ordinary - even the breif time they were in Australia I think they got asked the same questions 5,000 times!!

Eh? They aren't here yet, are they? *Looks around frantically*

But yes, I want to think of something un-stupid to ask the guys. Answers on a postcard, please!
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (widowspider @ Mar 22 2007, 03:21 PM)

They were, very briefly. Edgar's posted about it on the blog. And posted a few photos, one of which t'other Rachel and I are convinced features Joe Cornish giving Nick a reacharound.

Since my screening is before yours, Widz, I'll have to send you the ones I didn't get to. Don't worry, we have the internets so you'll get them in time. wink.gif
AusChick
QUOTE (widowspider @ Mar 22 2007, 11:21 PM)

But yes, I want to think of something un-stupid to ask the guys. Answers on a postcard, please!

According to Edgar's blog they were in NY yesterday or the day before.
Only for 32 hours though and then they head off for DC.

*edit* oops you beat me to it TH!
I hadn't noticed the photos though. In that first one Edgar looks sooo tired the poor little bean. And Simon looks sunburnt!
I love how Simon is posed directly under Mr Peanut in the second one!

I wish I could think of something un-stupid for you.
When it came to the crunch for me it was all I could do to say hello and try not to dribble wacko.gif
widowspider
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Mar 22 2007, 11:25 PM)
They were, very briefly.  Edgar's posted about it on the blog.  And posted a few photos, one of which t'other Rachel and I are convinced features Joe Cornish giving Nick a reacharound.

Since my screening is before yours, Widz, I'll have to send you the ones I didn't get to.  Don't worry, we have the internets so you'll get them in time. wink.gif

Whaaaat?? I could have stalked the city looking for them! Darn. Teach me to hate the Rupert Murdoch ev0l that is MySpazz.

Thanks Nic!
Heff
QUOTE (frostitute @ Mar 21 2007, 10:11 AM)
If you have iTunes, you can look at a little playlist from Simon, Nick and Edgar.

[url=http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewMix?id=219702547&s=143444&wm=3]

I don't have iPoons (it's a work computer and would explode from the effort), so can someone transcribe the playlists? Please? (I'm with you there on the Elbowness widowspider- what song is it?)
mcraigclark
Nick:

Atlantis to Interzone- Klaxons
P.I.M.P.- 50 Cent
Leave Before the Lights Come On- Arctic Monkeys
These Are the Ghosts- The Bees
Trains to Brazil- Guillemots
Can't Be Sure- The Sundays
Baby Fratelli- The Fratellis

Simon:

Forget Myself- Elbow
Staralfur- Sigur Rós
Disco Friends- Just Jack
See No Evil- Television
Found a Job- Talking Heads
Woo Hah!! Got You All In Check (Amended Version)- Busta Rhymes
Behave- Charlotte Hatherley

Edgar:

Solid Gold- Eagles Of Death Metal
Sexy Results (MSTRKRFT Edition) - Death From Above 1979
Fa-Fa-Fa- Datarock
Robot Man- The Aliens
Young Folks (Beyond The Wizards Sleeve Re-Animation)- Peter, Bjorn and John
AusChick
Nice work Craig! Was going to offer to do it once I got home from work but you've beaten me to the punch.

Hey Rach - Myspazz is certainly that - but without Edgar's blogs lately I'd have had no idea what was going on with them. That's the only way we knew about the Melbourne Q & A at all! Bless the man!
widowspider
Thanks AC - I might have to just take a peek at his every now and then.

QUOTE (mcraigclark @ Mar 23 2007, 02:36 AM)
Nick:

Atlantis to Interzone- Klaxons
P.I.M.P.- 50 Cent
Leave Before the Lights Come On- Arctic Monkeys
These Are the Ghosts- The Bees
Trains to Brazil- Guillemots
Can't Be Sure- The Sundays
Baby Fratelli- The Fratellis

Simon:

Forget Myself- Elbow
Staralfur- Sigur Rós
Disco Friends- Just Jack
See No Evil- Television
Found a Job- Talking Heads
Woo Hah!! Got You All In Check (Amended Version)- Busta Rhymes
Behave- Charlotte Hatherley

Edgar:

Solid Gold- Eagles Of Death Metal
Sexy Results (MSTRKRFT Edition) - Death From Above 1979
Fa-Fa-Fa- Datarock
Robot Man- The Aliens
Young Folks (Beyond The Wizards Sleeve Re-Animation)- Peter, Bjorn and John

Simon, I properly love you. One of my favourite Elbow tunes!
And the comment about the Sigur Ros track is totally spot on. Made me go all wistful just thinking about it.
thirtyhelens
Ok, Rache and those who are MySpaceless - Edgar's blogs are going up on the JoinTheFuzz site, as well:

http://www.jointhefuzz.com/news.php?news_id=89
AusChick
Pft. Yeah now that he's talking about America the blogs are getting posted there.
Not a peep about any of the New Zealand or Australian stuff though!!
Lucky I was reading E's blogs in MySpace or I'd never have known!

Sorry, just having a bit of "small country" syndrome.
(er, small in population let's say, not in actual land mass)
dolfyn
I know what you mean, AC. Their time here was so fleeting, whereas they're spending a lot more of it in the US. sad.gif I wish they could come back here. Plus, it's a pity Rove wasn't back on TV to have them on his show. That would've been great. cool.gif

*waiting for their next movie & tour* rolleyes.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif
Rebus
Hmm, I think the fact they were on Get This was good enough for me. It would have been a tad embarressing seeing them on Rove as he's not very funny, entertaining, or a great interviewer.
AusChick
Actually I'm wrapped they came to Australia at all.
And especially that they came to Melbourne (was only Sydney for the Shaun promo tour)

But I've just noticed that the Join the Fuzz site seemed to completely ignore the whole Southern Hemisphere aspect of the tour. It wasn't even mentioned in the "news" section or anything.
Oh well, that's all over now.

I am happy the US tour is getting a lot of coverage and goes on for a long time.
Two reasons - 1) because I'm really happy for all the US Spaced-out crew to be able to enjoy the excitement we had and 2) It gives me more of a chance to live vicariously wink.gif

*Edit* I knew Rove when he was just a sad and struggling stand-up (ooh good aliteration there)
He wasn't a very good stand-up to be honest, and I have to admit I've never been a big follower of his show, but he's done pretty well for himself
Anni
*pops up out of nowhere* You knew Rove?!

He was my first celebrity crush... blush.gif But, alas, I moved on. To Richard Hammond. Big jump... laugh.gif

I saw him doing stand up 2 years ago and it was alright. I thought it was a lot better than what you see on the show at any rate.

But anyway, will the gang show pictures of their travels like they did with Shaun of the Dead? Wassit, Shaun Squad? (I don't know...)
AusChick
Probably "knew" is a little misleading.
But a lot of my mates in my uni days were what's known as "friends of comedy"
So I got lots of free tickets to stand up shows and got into lots of after-parties and stuff.

My main interaction with Rove was during the 1996 Melbourne Comedy Festival.
My mate had a big crush on him and we were hanging out with him and Duff (who was at that stage his comedy partner) at the after-party at the end of the festival. We were the last ones at the party and walked out into daylight!

We were walking along on our way to Rove's house, when somewhere along the way he obviously sobered up and realised that taking 18yo & 20yo girls he barely knew to his house was not such a great idea. So then he started telling us that his house was like the Bat Cave and it was secret and if we saw it he would have to kill us (nice)

So.....yeah.

Anyhoo - I really hope the lads will post some piccies during their US tour.
Or even better, video blogs.

Edgar has a couple of new pics on his MySpace of them in Amsterdam and New York which are quite cute
Anni
Haha that's quite funny. Batcave. XD

Yeah, I saw those mspace pictures. How adorable are they!? Video blogs would be very, very welcome too. ohmy.gif
AusChick
I really do like the way the NY one is framed.
It's just really well laid out with Nick in the front and Simon at the back - but both somehow in good focus. And then Mr Peanut above. Brilliant!

Whoever took that has a good eye. May have been Edgar or Joe.
dolfyn
QUOTE (AusChick @ Mar 24 2007, 11:32 PM)
I really do like the way the NY one is framed.
It's just really well laid out with Nick in the front and Simon at the back - but both somehow in good focus. And then Mr Peanut above. Brilliant!
Whoever took that has a good eye.  May have been Edgar or Joe.

Yeah, I like that pic. Simon looks very cheeky & cute in the background. wub.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wink.gif
DrownThings
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Mar 24 2007, 01:55 PM)
Yeah, I like that pic. Simon looks very cheeky & cute in the background.  wub.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wink.gif

I love that picture, as AC said it's just really well framed.
Plus they both look fantastic wub.gif
They truely do turn my world upside down. Or atleast on it's side laugh.gif
AusChick
Yeah I'll have to stop looking at it - it's making me feel sea-sick wink.gif
DrownThings
laugh.gif Hee hee.
On my break from lunch today I went out and got a cornetto! I had a giant goofy grim on my face all the way back to the shop eating it and I just sat in the back office bugging my colleagues saying
"Got brain freeze?"
"No I got brain wave. Get us back to the station! NOW!"
No-one knew what I was going on about but I could not stop laughing. I now look like a lunatic but it was so damn worth it! biggrin.gif
dolfyn
hehehee! It's fun having an in-joke with yourself, isn't it? wink.gif Although, it's more fun to share it with at least one other person. rolleyes.gif

I amused myself last night when I was leaving my Mum's place by saying, "Little hand says it's time to rock & roll!" happy.gif Nobody got it but me. biggrin.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
tongue.gif
AusChick
Hehehehe
I'm forever quoting stuff to myself like that.
Sad, and yet fun.

Because we have to use the phonetic alphabet at work, people keep saying things about Romeo and Juliet to me. Then I'm always doing the Dalton drawl saying "There never was a tale of more woe..." and then singing Dire Straights for the rest of the day.
Chuck it.
DrownThings
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Mar 26 2007, 12:58 AM)
hehehee! It's fun having an in-joke with yourself, isn't it?  wink.gif  Although, it's more fun to share it with at least one other person.  rolleyes.gif

I amused myself last night when I was leaving my Mum's place by saying, "Little hand says it's time to rock & roll!"  happy.gif  Nobody got it but me.  biggrin.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
tongue.gif

Hee hee laugh.gif If I could drive a car I would say that a lot more. I said it to my Mam as we were leaving the house yesterday and she just looked at me in that "As usual I have no clue what you are on about Carol, stop presuming I do" kind of way.
But I laughed.

QUOTE (AusChick @ Mar 26 2007, 08:24 AM)
Hehehehe
I'm forever quoting stuff to myself like that.
Sad, and yet fun.

Because we have to use the phonetic alphabet at work, people keep saying things about Romeo and Juliet to me.  Then I'm always doing the Dalton drawl saying "There never was a tale of more woe..." and then singing Dire Straights for the rest of the day. 
Chuck it.

Hahaha! Now I'm going to be singing that all day! Damn you! laugh.gif
I had Simon saying "decaffinated?" stuck in my head this morning for no reason at all. Not even the scene just him saying "decaffinated" over and over laugh.gif
AusChick
My bf and I talk in movie quotes (or tv, songs, ads, computer games, whatever) so often that my mum has given up even worrying about understanding us.
She knows that she wont know what we're on about and doesn't even ask me to explain any more.

Funny when just a little word or phrase can stick in your head like that.

Bf and I keep saying Neeeeeewwooooooooo to each other tonight ala Martin Freeman at the beginning of HF
thirtyhelens
*shuffles feet*

Guess who gets to see Hot Fuzz tomorrow?

This bitch.
mcraigclark
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Mar 28 2007, 10:50 PM)
*shuffles feet*

Guess who gets to see Hot Fuzz tomorrow?

I can't wait to hear what you think of it!
frostitute
You should see it for the first time with Harmony, that way both of you can SQUEE (probably the only time I use that word) with each other over it.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (frostitute @ Mar 28 2007, 07:34 PM)
You should see it for the first time with Harmony, that way both of you can SQUEE (probably the only time I use that word) with each other over it.

Oh, come on. Say it again.

Yes, I should. And there is a part of me that is really depressed that my first time won't be with Harmony, Tara, Mike, Robb, Athena, et al. But there's a good reason I'm seeing it tomorrow, though, namely so I have the background I need for an interview. (Yeah, I didn't say anything for weeks, but that's because I wanted to make sure it would happen. Jessica offered me the assignment and I took it. )

It's not as though I won't have any squee left in me. Pigs will fly first. wink.gif
dolfyn
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Mar 29 2007, 01:40 PM)
But there's a good reason I'm seeing it tomorrow, though, namely so I have the background I need for an interview.  (Yeah, I didn't say anything for weeks, but that's because I wanted to make sure it would happen.  Jessica offered me the assignment and I took it. )

Ooohhh! Are you going to be interviewing Simon, Nick & Edgar?! ohmy.gif That's so cool! cool.gif

If so, make sure you say "hello" & "you rock!" & "feel the love" from the Aussie & UK Spaced-Outers! biggrin.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wink.gif
thirtyhelens
I think so. Probably, unless something goes tits (and, indeed, ass as well) up before next week. Heh.

The funny thing is I was approached about it because my friend is too far out of town to do it herself; for a couple of reasons, I nearly turned it down (no, I'm not crazy - trust me, they were good reasons!) - but I gave in. wink.gif Anyhow, turns out she's going up to Seattle for that preview and would have had a chance to do the interview up there after all; but since she already gave it to me, she's writing a different angle for another magazine she contributes to.
Heff
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Mar 29 2007, 01:40 PM)
Oh, come on.  Say it again.

Yes, I should.  And there is a part of me that is really depressed that my first time won't be with Harmony, Tara, Mike, Robb, Athena, et al.    But there's a good reason I'm seeing it tomorrow, though, namely so I have the background I need for an interview.  (Yeah, I didn't say anything for weeks, but that's because I wanted to make sure it would happen.  Jessica offered me the assignment and I took it. )
It's not as though I won't have any squee left in me.  Pigs will fly first. wink.gif
Yes, background and research are essential. Maybe aske E-Ball about the soundtrack? Interviews I've been reading haven't mentioned it. Of course, it's just a lowly suggestion from across the world, and any questions you ask will surely be better than those asked by non-Spaced-Outers.
Oh yeah... WOOOOO! You get to see it tomorrow! Hold on to your pants! And let us know your learned opinion.
frostitute
Here's an eBay auction that has 3 posters available of the US version, I just picked one up

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=120102061239
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Heff @ Mar 28 2007, 10:09 PM)
Of course, it's just a lowly suggestion from across the world

Nothing from any of my S.O. homies is lowly. biggrin.gif Thanks, Heffty!
Heff
QUOTE (frostitute @ Mar 29 2007, 04:23 PM)
Here's an eBay auction that has 3 posters available of the US version, I just picked one up

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=120102061239
Christ that's a hot poster. I'm goin to get in on that action...
AusChick
Ooh everything's exciting at the moment.
Nic seeing HF and interviewing the lads
(Fuckin YAY by the way!!!!)
And Thomas saying "Squee"!

I'm lovin it! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.