Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hot Fuzz General Thread
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Hot Fuzz
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
daremo
i can't find any reference to hot fuzz on this board. does anyone know more about this film?
Baz
Edgar mentions this in the recent Q&A session he did for the board.

You can read the Q&A here.

smile.gif
Cutmaster_Frost
Hey if edgar reads this i have work expireance next year i want to work on the set coz i want to be a film director
J.R
Yeah and next year I'm planning to be rich so if you have any spare millions lying about you can send them to me.

That's if you read this.
stagedoor jenny
So who of us lot who were supposedly 'used' for being zombies in Shaun of the dead would fight like cat and dog to get to the front of the queue for auditions for extras for free again??

ME!

rolleyes.gif
Baz
Hmm, provided no family memebers die again around the filming time, I'd be up for it. rolleyes.gif
stagedoor jenny
QUOTE (Baz @ Oct 24 2004, 02:35 PM)
Hmm, provided no family memebers die again around the filming time, I'd be up for it.  rolleyes.gif

Oh dear sad.gif
Cutmaster_Frost
lol i only no it's a Cop film
J.R
I was under the impression it was about Hot Cleaners.

Ah well.
Ghost_862
Being the goon that I am I never even realised about SOTD until months after they finished filming, just before it came out :S But this time around I would be an extra for sure!!!! You don't need some kind of faffy acting lisence or something do you?
stagedoor jenny
QUOTE (Ghost_862 @ Oct 29 2004, 10:41 PM)
Being the goon that I am I never even realised about SOTD until months after they finished filming, just before it came out :S But this time around I would be an extra for sure!!!! You don't need some kind of faffy acting lisence or something do you?

Nop. I can not act for toffee and I did it! Although there will be auditions cause they have to make sure you take it seriously and aren't going to just crack up or mess around in front of the camera. And also depending on where it is filmed that will be key. I know that all my friends who were suppose to do it who didn't live in London had trouble making it for 7.30 in the morning!! wacko.gif but it could be up north this time seeing as that seems to be the setting they want.
fried_gold
Up north up north... thats no good for us in the west!
Cutmaster_Frost
that's very true
Nurseswhisperingverses
When you say "up North" how far ish, I mean are we talking Bagpipes?
kiss my empty bag
i would love to be an extra for their new film it would look cool on my cv so where do u think he willl post it ?
AusChick
QUOTE (fried_gold @ Nov 1 2004, 04:16 PM)
Up north up north... thats no good for us in the west!

Doesn't help me much either tongue.gif

Actually it's quite cheap to make films in Australia and there's a really good market for it here now. So Simon & Edgar should come and make a film here!

Yeah, well, I can dream can't I?

Cheers
AC
Nurseswhisperingverses
Well, I'm inScotland now - but moving to OZ in a few months! So either location to film would be good - especialy if they are looking for runners????? My luck - they'll make a rash desision to film in Scotland the day I leave for OZ!
dr_james2k
Filming up north? That sounds good for me. Can't wait. I read somewhere that its pencilled for 2006, thats not too long, is it?
waitingforsimon
This film sounds really funny and ooh I do hope Simon will be sporting a police uniform yum! Bxxx
jez
QUOTE (AusChick @ Nov 8 2004, 05:47 PM)
Doesn't help me much either  tongue.gif

Actually it's quite cheap to make films in Australia and there's a really good market for it here now.  So Simon & Edgar should come and make a film here!

Seconded!
Nurseswhisperingverses
Just out of interest (as I'm moving there soon) - where is the best area for Fim production at the moment - between Mebourne or Brisbane? Do you know?
ally
I dream of being in a Wright/Pegg production just so i can meet them and have a rite good laugh! But does anyone know if they would be interested in behind the camera help?
J.R
Considering we know nothing about the film. Chances are. we won't know about that.

Tho I can't see why they would need help like that.
kiss my empty bag
you never know they might need extras I hope smile.gif
waitingforsimon
Going back to my previous request for Simon in a police uniform, I was pleased when I watched me new Big Train dvd and saw one of the scetches had my boy in a police uniform! Oh now he looked very yummy there even on a rollercoaster ooh lovely! So I think it has to be in uniform in the new film too please!! Bxxx
The Good Chap
QUOTE (waitingforsimon @ Dec 7 2004, 11:30 AM)
Going back to my previous request for Simon in a police uniform, I was pleased when I watched me new Big Train dvd and saw one of the scetches had my boy in a police uniform! Oh now he looked very yummy there even on a rollercoaster ooh lovely! So I think it has to be in uniform in the new film too please!! Bxxx

I'm not too good with sublty really, sometimes you've got to really spell things out for me to spot them but If I didn't know better (and I don't) I'd say, purely as a hunch that you may have a teeny tiny soft spot for Mr Pegg. I have no evidence to substantiate this claims but I thought I might point this out for anyone else who opperates at the same mental pace as myslef.

wink.gif
waitingforsimon
OMG!!!! I really cant believe you noticed this! I usually hide my crush so well too....oh well! Lol Bxxx
spookytwigg
Well... if the works midland ish based... then i might be able to make it tongue.gif *WHOOP!*... Doubt that though. Would be ace to see them do it in yorkshire and Heartbeat style though! biggrin.gif
Squall2k
from what i gather its about pubic lice.
frostitute
Hot Fuzz is the codename for Nick's first "hardcore" outing.

I mean, the heatstroke scene in Danger! 50,000 Volts! got me thinking, at least.

DO NOT SHATTER MY DREAMS.
cailinceol
smile.gif i would willingly travel over to england(im in ireland) to do extra work for any future film/project that simon pegg et al would do!
widowspider
yeah, here's hoping that they come to this lovely forum again to find willing extras!
Kick in the Head
Given their Westcountry heritage, I hope Pegg and Wright film in and around Somerset. And that's got nothing to do with me living there! tongue.gif Maybe they could call it Hot Fuzz: Avalon Takedown, or something...
Stella MM
QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Jan 5 2005, 11:41 AM)
Given their Westcountry heritage, I hope Pegg and Wright film in and around Somerset. And that's got nothing to do with me living there!  tongue.gif  Maybe they could call it Hot Fuzz: Avalon Takedown, or something...

Hell yes! Policemen with West Country accents - what's funnier? Absolutely nuffin' I tells yer.

I'm sure I've asked this before but whereabouts do you live, KITH?
Kick in the Head
QUOTE (Stella MM @ Jan 5 2005, 11:45 AM)
Hell yes! Policemen with West Country accents - what's funnier? Absolutely nuffin' I tells yer.

I'm sure I've asked this before but whereabouts do you live, KITH?

Well, when I'm not at university in London, I live in West Pennard, a tiny little village in between Glastonbury and Pilton - just a few miles from a certain popular music festival - sadly, I don't get free tickets.

I just thought Somerset's prime territory being it where Edgar shot A Fistful of Fingers (and went to school).
Stella MM
Blimey, small world. I've not been to West Pennard itself, but that's very close to where I (well, I suppose my parents now that I'm a big girl and have moved to the Big City) live, about 7 miles out of Wells on the way to Cheddar.
widowspider
ooh, small world indeed - my mate russ was a scholar at wells cathedral school back when he was but a boy.
kiss my empty bag
does anyone think theyre gonna have any extras for this film ?
mngene
clip a clop a clip a clop - Those aren't coconut shells, that's my horse.
franktherabbit
QUOTE (widowspider @ Jan 5 2005, 04:14 AM)
yeah, here's hoping that they come to this lovely forum again to find willing extras!

sux to be an american... sad.gif
Kick in the Head
I hope that they have a plot about undercover cops and police moles, just like every blooming Hong Kong crime flick. It seems that every bad guy is actually a cop who wants to get out the business as they are starting to doubt themselves, and every cop is actually a triad member. That kind of plot, transferred to the British countryside would be great, and I'm sure would allow for many a comic moment...
muthecow
BASICALLY do any of you guys know the killers? indieish band from this year? album released juneish? hit singles - mr brightside and somebody told me? ANYWAY their album is called 'hot fuss' and us lot over at the killers forum think that hot fuzz is a clear reference to hot fuss. anyway what do you guys think?
J.R
Well. Pretty safe to say it's not a referance.

Fuzz- as in nickname for police.
muthecow
yeah yeah i know but still - hot in front? who refers to the police as 'hot'? plus apparently mr pegg has said that he likes the killers, but then again maybe i'm wrong.
J.R
Again I think they mentioned the possible name of the film beforethe Killers had released that.

Hot Fuzz as in corrupt. possibly.
muthecow
ah k. well it was just a theory and all.
kid_koala
i sure hope this film is set in the 70's

cool.gif ayyyyyyyyyyy
mooglekexin
to anyone who was an extra in SOTD... what kind of auditions were they? someone said about not cracking up... do they just poke you with sticks and see hoe you react?
dr_james2k
I'm sure that at the end of the film they'll fit in what happens in all bond films and other police films when loads of uniformed extras run in to storm a building, here's hoping at least. I wouldn't mind doing that, cough cough!!!!
Cult_Status02
man, I gots me $2000 sitting around that I don't for anything, I'd fly my ass over seas to work in an Edgar Wright Film, in fact, if I can, I will. I have so many questions for him!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.