Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Land of the Dead
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Cast Watch
kidjoker
If you check out Edgar Wright's profile thingy on iMDB.com, in his Actor credits list, he's listed as making a cameo as a zombie in George Romerro's Land Of The Dead. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0942367/
J.R
As will Simon and Nick.
kidjoker
QUOTE (J.R @ Oct 14 2004, 10:15 PM)
As will Simon and Nick.

really? cool. i wonder if it will be noticable, or just a few faces in the crowd...?
J.R
Yes I'm guessing it will, pretty pointless otherwise.
stagedoor jenny
He looks like he was having fun doing the make-up! Reminds me of the American werewolf in London make-up documentory, and of course Michael Jackson's making of Thriller!!

Photos from www.shaunsquad.com

Btw I recommend everyone read the blogs on this site, they are brilliantly entertaining with some fabulous photos. It's really personal and really nice reading who they met on their travels and just looking like they were having so much fun in the sun smile.gif
Baz
QUOTE (stagedoor jenny @ Oct 15 2004, 12:36 AM)
He looks like he was having fun doing the make-up! Reminds me of the American werewolf in London make-up documentory, and of course Michael Jackson's making of Thriller!!

<photos snip>

Btw I recommend everyone read the blogs on this site, they are brilliantly entertaining with some fabulous photos. It's really personal and really nice reading who they met on their travels and just looking like they were having so much fun in the sun smile.gif

There are some great photos on there, specially of the one of Nick half naked on the toilet wink.gif

tongue.gif
kidjoker
On Mondo Thingo last night (Australia) they mentioned it. Their part must be kind of big-ish seeing as George sent them the script first.
sean_ofthedead
I find this amazing. Nick, Simon and Edgar must be peeing themselves with excitement about being zombies in a Romero film. Now all they need is a call from Lucas...

However, saying that, I reckon there is a chance that they'd turn down a cameo due to the massive shit Lucas has taken on the Star Wars legacy.

Who am I kidding? They'd remove limbs for the chance to cameo in a Star Wars movie.
stagedoor jenny
QUOTE (sean_ofthedead @ Oct 24 2004, 06:32 PM)
I find this amazing. Nick, Simon and Edgar must be peeing themselves with excitement about being zombies in a Romero film. Now all they need is a call from Lucas...

However, saying that, I reckon there is a chance that they'd turn down a cameo due to the massive shit Lucas has taken on the Star Wars legacy.

Who am I kidding? They'd remove limbs for the chance to cameo in a Star Wars movie.

Ooo I dunno, I remember reading on a really early webchat years ago on here when Edgar was asked what his biggest regret was and he said that he met Lucas before ep 1 was made and his biggest regret was not shooting him there and then! huh.gif Let's hope he doesn't meet him again, it could turn ugly...
sean_ofthedead
QUOTE (stagedoor jenny @ Oct 25 2004, 04:47 PM)
Ooo I dunno, I remember reading on a really early webchat years ago on here when Edgar was asked what his biggest regret was and he said that he met Lucas before ep 1 was made and his biggest regret was not shooting him there and then!  huh.gif  Let's hope he doesn't meet him again, it could turn ugly...

Haha, to be fair, Lucas needs a good kick in the testes. I'd gain great pleasure from administering it myself, but if Edgar did the deed, I'd be almost as happy.

Still... A cameo... In a Star Wars movie... It'd be fried gold.
rabbit57i
Here's a link to a short interview with the guys. It's very funny. My favorite part is Simon's description of what they look like as zombies in Land of the Dead:
SIMON: Thereís a little hairy zombie, a bear zombie and a portly balding zombie, thatís us three.
NICK: Which one am I?
SIMON: The hairy one.
laugh.gif
jonnybravo
simon pegg will actually be a main star.
apparantley the story for land of the dead is theres one final city fortified left with zombies running round outside.
simon has thrid billing behind tom savini and dennis hopper.
jonnybravo
at first simon was billed as a zombie but his role has been bumped up
jonnybravo
ive just read the interview with simon and he says hes wanted as azombie but hes being billed on alot of romero websites as being a main part, i wonder if he will be a main zombie perhaps like bob in day of the dead?
oh yeah guess what else is being made!!
28 weeks later
weeks?
hell yeah
http://www.allthingszombie.com/movies/28weeks.php
J.R
I have to say it's very unlikely that he will be a main character.

The reason he is being billed as 3rd in line is because some of the actors are unknowns and others have not been named yet.

Tho

John Leguizamo
Dennis Hopper

And

Asia Argento

Are known to have big parts in the film. You can check out Simon's profile on the Land Of The Dead IMDB page to see that he is still credited as Zombie Cameo.
jonnybravo
thats a shame
there was a thread on another website saying he was one og the main stars.
too bad hes only a zombie.
from what ive read about land of the dead the zombies have started to become intelligent so there might be a chance of him playing a "bob" like character.
who knows.
although i have to admit after seeing 28 days and the new dawn do we really want a new zombie film where it goes back to zombies slowly shuffling around?
lets be honest, it looks crap in contrast to super fast zombies chasing cars.
J.R
No..no it does not look crap.

And he will have a zombie cameo. He has said himself in an interview up above that it will be a blink and miss it style
jonnybravo
while i preferred the holy trilogy of night, dawn and day for there social commentary i think what we have seen with 28 and the new dawn have set a new high for expectations.
hopefully romero will overcome this and find a way to make the slow zombies scary again.
what was excellent with the new dawn was it didnt matter if you had guns or anything, if theres enough of them there just gonna run up and bite you.
the first 10-15 minutes of the new dawn are my favourite.
just how rapidly things fall apart. the centre will not hold.
by the way has anyone watched the extras on the new dawn dvd?
theres a video of the news reports and it tells you what happens to the world.
russia nukes all its borders, australia is safe because they dont let any infected people into there country and new york blows up all its bridges and tunnels to turn itself into an island fortress.
cool
J.R
The Videotape of Andy's, and last Broadcast are terribly acted. Almost to the point of unwatchable at times.

But some nice ideas at least.
jonnybravo
although andy cant act i loved the idea of it because all the ideas i had about how he could get from the gun store to the mall was covered.
i remember watching the film thinking why doesnt he just spend acouple of hours shooting a few hundred of them or use petrol bombs?
land of the dead will either be one of the best zombie movies ever or it will be the new phantom menace. romero will be talked about like hes george lucas if he isnt careful.
BadSandwich
Apologies in advance if this is old news.

Does anybody know anymore about Simon's and Edgar's roles in the new George A Romero film Land of the Dead?

This seems far more interesting and exciting news than voice-over work on fabric conditioner adverts. I mean. Really. huh.gif
J.R
Cameo News

A bit about Simon's cameo there^

he will be having the original Bub makeup used in Day Of The Dead.
stagedoor jenny
There's a bit here too, including pics of Edgar having make-up done a la 'Thriller' or if you're cooler than that, the original, 'American Werewolf in London'.
BadSandwich
Thank you for that - and the link to the other thread I was too lazy to track down myself!
frostitute
QUOTE (J.R @ Dec 14 2004, 12:44 PM)
Cameo News
A bit about Simon's cameo there^
he will be having the original Bub makeup used in Day Of The Dead.

You said (in the other thread) that Simon and Nick are being cast as Zombies, yet I only read and see Simon and Edgar only. Where is your Nick info from?
Yellow78
Have you seen the blogs on Shaun Squad?? They have a copule of pics of them on set. I'm sure more will be forth coming.
chris a
As a major George Romero fan,I was just wondering if Mr. Pegg or Mr. Wright could offer information on their exploits as zombies on the set of LAND OF THE DEAD, cheers.
rabbit57i
Read info here
Baz
QUOTE (rabbit57i @ Jan 3 2005, 06:50 PM)

I've merged the two threads together.

smile.gif
kiss my empty bag
well on the shaun squad site there was a wicked video of them both half zombie telling the american fans of shaun was/is coming out I think you can watch it on the horror channel website www.horrorchannel.com as the shaun squad website has sadly gone sad.gif
Cornetto
QUOTE (stagedoor jenny @ Oct 14 2004, 11:36 PM)

They dont work
pots
hi leader of the gang. thanks for your input. why don't you go to 'new members' and introduce yourself?
Noodles
QUOTE (theleaderofthegang @ Mar 11 2005, 07:21 PM)
Dont yop hate teh way that crap head Sean Pegg, sits there at every award ceremontyy looking miserable expecting to win a award for his crappy film, he really is a little twatm, and a paedophile,

Edit: Nevermind

Learn to spell and maybe someone will listen to you. Dickhead.

And who the fuck is Sean Pegg? And what's a "ceremontyy"?
ronlogan1977
This Leaderofthegang fella is a bit of damnfool. He's a bit obssessed with nonces too.
Icepick
dont yop hate teh way that crap twatm cant speeell?

Surprisingly, the only word he actually spelt right was paedophile
Ponder
Don't know if this has been mentioned on here anywhere but...

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/twilight.php

Big up Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright for landing Zombie cameo roles biggrin.gif

I read that Simon was offered a speaking part, but elected to play a Zombie instead.

Looking good anyway... about time we had a fourth 'Living Dead' installment smile.gif
rabbit57i
Land of the Dead/Romero Thread Here
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.