Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Spaced music ID thread
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
The Mystery Machine
See where I said the subtitles describe it as "swinging lounge"? That, to me, indicates LOUNGE! IT'S LOUNGE!
weirdlove
Yeah definitely lounge. 60's stylee. Not synths, nor anything as obvious as Power of Love
m0r1arty
Dunno the answer as yet, but you've just reminded me of my variation of alberkirky.

Hot dogs, jumping frogs - I eat cookies

-m0r
weirdlove
I thought it was a xmas song

Hot dogs, jumping frogs - I eat turkey
pots
its 'albuquerque' - as in 'i knew i should have turned left at albuquerque'
weirdlove
just havin a joke dood LOL biggrin.gif
spacegurl
The bloody song makes no sense either way.
weirdlove
hearing that
m0r1arty
Yeah, but can you boagle to it?

-m0r
weirdlove
I feel sure there is higher quality bogling material out there. Why put yourself through it?
Blind I/O
Now my rhythm ain't so hot
But it's the only friend I've got
I'm the king of rock'n roll completely
weirdlove
Have managed to find out that it used as a TV Golf theme, that jog anyones's memory?
pots
persistent, aren't you?

i've gone and got my spaced dvd, listened to it, checked the music pages, shazamed it, googled it, and still no idea.

its the big band, brassy, slightly latiny one. but i've no idea what it is.
weirdlove
That's the one.
I need to be persistent.
I'm a record producer and one of the acts I work with have sampled it.
We've got a Hollywood producer interested in using the track and need to find out who owns the publishing ASAP.
m0r1arty
QUOTE (weirdlove @ Aug 26 2005, 03:25 PM)
That's the one.
I need to be persistent.
We've got a Hollywood producer interested in using the track and need to find out who owns the publishing ASAP.

It's m0r1artys theme by Louis Jordan!

honest

-m0r

Better yet can you post a sample?
pots
QUOTE (weirdlove @ Aug 26 2005, 03:25 PM)
That's the one.
I need to be persistent.

well i hope you're trying harder than just asking all us idiots.
weirdlove
Just trying every avenue I can think of.
Figure there's goota be one obsessed Spaced fanout there who knows tongue.gif
weirdlove
Try My Webpage to listen to the mystery loop

EDIT: URL Fixed - Raven.
rebelstar
Have you tried contacting anyone involved in Spaced (via an agent, the production company or by looking here) to see if they can shed any light on it?
weirdlove
not sure how to find them, any hints?
weirdlove
You like SFA?
I produced some stuff for them once.
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (weirdlove @ Aug 26 2005, 02:47 PM)
Try My Webpage to listen to the mystery loop

Ooh, I like that. Who does it?
weirdlove
That my freind is the million dollar question wacko.gif
pots
yeah, pretty good. very quantic soul orchestra.

just release it as a single, i'm sure the composer will turn up quickly enough.
weirdlove
You are clearly a man of taste and style Jessop3.
Also we share the same birthday. Ahhh rolleyes.gif
weirdlove
QUOTE (pots @ Aug 26 2005, 03:24 PM)
yeah, pretty good. very quantic soul orchestra.

just release it as a single, i'm sure the composer will turn up quickly enough.

Can't risk it I'm afaraid, been badly burnt like that before. Cease and desist orders and threats of sueing for damages. Don't want to go thriugh that again if I can avoid it wacko.gif
rebelstar
QUOTE (weirdlove @ Aug 26 2005, 04:18 PM)
not sure how to find them, any hints?

Google?

QUOTE (weirdlove @ Aug 26 2005, 04:21 PM)
You like SFA?
I produced some stuff for them once.

I do, but not as much as at least one member of the forum.
pots
yeah, i think they're great! eh? oh.
weirdlove
QUOTE (pots @ Aug 26 2005, 03:30 PM)
yeah, i think they're great! eh? oh.

Nice guys ,in a welsh sort of way.
I think I still have some unreleased demos somewhere
pots
QUOTE (weirdlove @ Aug 26 2005, 04:32 PM)
I think I still have some unreleased demos somewhere

yeah, ok, i'll give you twenty quid for them. if a guy called superfurryandy offers you any more, ignore him. he'll only sell them on ebay or something.
weirdlove
QUOTE (pots @ Aug 26 2005, 03:34 PM)
yeah, ok, i'll give you twenty quid for them. if a guy called superfurryandy offers you any more, ignore him. he'll only sell them on ebay or something.

I can't sell them to you. Legal reasons and all that.
However, if you can find the answer to my question, I'm sure they could find their way into your collection.. nudge nudge wink wink biggrin.gif
m0r1arty
Tried Shazam yet?

or the Coca-cola cover version?

That might get it for you in NO TIME!

-m0r
weirdlove
QUOTE (m0r1arty @ Aug 27 2005, 10:18 AM)
Tried  Shazam yet?

or the Coca-cola cover version?

That might get it for you in NO TIME!

-m0r

Coke version?
jamie_windsor@hotmail.com
Hello

Does anybody know what that piece of music is called in episode 2.6 where Brian is developing the photos and there's the omen reference with all the black lines between the people? It's a choral piece and I keep hearing it in everything - mainly comedy when there's meant to be a horror type reference.
Chapman Baxter
I have a feeling this may be the title music to The Omen itself - a track called 'Ave Satani', apparently. But I'm not sure - it's been ages since I've seen the film. Anyone else?

Anyway, this belongs in the Spaced section, so I'm moving it over.
Thanks for your reply. I actually have The Omen soundtrack. 'Ave Satani' is similar, but not the actual track used.
Mothra
I think the OP was perhaps thinking of "O Fortuna" from Carmina Burana by Carl Orff. That's what TV shows tend to use when parodying The Omen, as it costs far less in royalties (if anything at all).

This isn't it though and it's got me completely stumped. It sounds very much like Jerry Goldsmith's stuff, so I wonder if it's from one of the later Omen films?
Hi
Cheers again. It isn't Carl Orff either I'm afraid - I have Carmena Burana on CD. Although, again, very similar - a little less satanic. I'll check out the other Omen soundtracks and see if I have any joy.
Jamie
oh - sorry. That's what you were saying. Didn't read it properly. Apologies.
Jamie
Dax Trajero
Hi, does anybody know the music from the closing credits in the last episode of series 2 , when Daisy and Tim are re-united again at the railway station ?
Yeah. It's "The Staunton Lick" by Lemon Jelly (on their KY album). It also has "Homage to Patagonia" on it which appears at the end of s2-ep.5 where they are eating the stew. Buy it. It's fookin' brilliant.
shaddow
..can't find out what that piece of chili pepppersesque music is - can anyone end my pain?
Stella MM
I think (think) it's an original composition by Guy Pratt, the composer for the show.

I've moved this into the Spaced section, by the way.
darkhorse
Series One episode 2

Theres a little ditty that plays just as the camera (on a crane) dollys into the front door then cross-fades and introduces us to the party/room.

What is that little peice of classic type music?

Edgar Wright suggests that he likes that bit of music, briefly, in the commentary.
Ive checked this sites music section and it doesnt mention it.

i really like it i wanna get it!
ronlogan1977
No idea either unfortunately. There`s a couple of bits missing on the music section, but its most likely to be a bit of Guy Pratts incidental music if its not listed.
darkhorse
right
thankyou for the reply
Chango Mutney
Darkhorse, I've been looking for that bit of music (it is the big band number you're referring to, isn't it?) for ages. I don't think it's a Guy Pratt original tune because I'd heard it elsewhere some while ago and had always wondered what it was.

It's some epic, big band, early 1970's drumfest. I think Sean Cullen once used it as the theme for his extremely short-lived Channel 4 one man show. I reckon it's going to turn out to be a bit of library music from the likes of Alan Hawkshaw, or Alan Moorhouse, or Alan Tew, or some other '70's tv theme tune composer called Alan. Or Ronnie Hazelhurst, of course.

None of this helping you or me, so I if I do manage to find out what it is, I'll let you know. But don't hold your breath. It's bad for you.
tonester80
Does anyone know what the menu music is for Spaced series 1 DVD? I bought the special edition recently and that tune is stuck in my head! It's the one that plays over the main menu. huh.gif
Punkass
It also plays in a convenience store in "Killer Klowns from Outer Space", so it was not specifically made for Spaced (if that helps).
darkhorse
smile.gif hehe
Yep, i think were talkin about the same theme.

Thanks for all the names...ill try a search on them
Although I think someone should maybe e-mail edgar wright and ask..

can we do that?

Thanks again
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.