Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Spaced music ID thread
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
pc_steve
Note from Chapman Baxter: This thread has been stitched together from the many, many threads we've had over the years asking for the identity of particular bits of music from Spaced. If you're looking for some music, please check the FAQ first, then browse through this thread to see if it has been covered. If it hasn't, please add your question to this thread.

can anyone help...whats the track called at the end of seies 2 and at the end of the bonus disc of the collectors edition dvd.

its driving me mad trying to find out what it is....any help would be great...thanks.
superfurryandy
It's a track especially recorded for Spaced by the the Levellers - unavailable anywhere else.
Downsy
I'm thinking it might be time for another Frequently asked Spaced Questions thread biggrin.gif

It was the Staunton Lick by Lemon Jelly
pc_steve
thanks for that Downsy........

at last, i can finally rest.

excellent choice of music...it so goes with the ending.........

"fried gold"!
Ade
Eeeyyyy! Superfurryandy's back!

Who's your favourite band again, Andy? biggrin.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

*re-enacts Tim's "Oh, is it your birthday?" laugh*
fried_gold
while we're on the music topic, what's the "acid funk remix" or something that simon describes as the best song in the world on one of the commentaries in series 2. i can't remember what episode he talks about it in. chars
glitter
"Higher State of Consciousness" by Josh Wink
philt
It's a track especially recorded for Spaced by the the Levellers - unavailable anywhere else.

LOL
fried_gold
"Higher State of Consciousness" by Josh Wink

cheers smile.gif
Mr. Meow Meow Chubby Sticks
Ack, I went looking for that A-team theme remix without success. Now I find out its not even available on the soundtrack. ~_~ ......If I'm wrong please tell me, I want that song ; _ ; ......How come soundtracks and stuff always leave the best tracks off? Ah well, great soundtrack anyways \(^_^)/
Cutmaster_Frost
though the song at the end of s 2 was the song for the sport relif advert
Baz
If you want to know any of the music used in Spaced, then there is a music guide on the main page.

Series 1 music

Series 2 music

smile.gif
Cutmaster_Frost
Thanks i found the sound track at hmv it's amazing what you can find there
Dias
Hello

Can anyone tell me who does the opening music in Episode 6 (Dissolution) Series Two
Baz
I think it's, Space Raiders - "Middlesboogie (U Gimme Hot Love)".

There is a music guide on the main site for both series.

Series 1

Series 2

*Note to self*

Finish writing the "Frequently Asked Spaced Questions".

rolleyes.gif
Dias
Cheers Baz.

I couldnae find the Second Series Soundtrack, just the first.

Ta fur yer help
Nurseswhisperingverses
Anyone know if the "pumping" music on the DVD 2nd series for options - the one which has all the statements read out in it - (is that making sense!) as in...."B5's a big load of shite" etc..... is it a track (if so who is it?) or just a riff made for the DVD options?
stagedoor jenny
QUOTE (Nurseswhisperingverses @ Oct 17 2004, 10:29 PM)
Anyone know if the "pumping" music on the DVD 2nd series for options - the one which has all the statements read out in it - (is that making sense!) as in...."B5's a big load of shite" etc.....  is it a track (if so who is it?) or just a riff made for the DVD options?

It is The Sons Of Silence - The Mit Out Sound.

You will find all of Series 1 and Series 2 music carefully typed out for you on the main site by Edgar's own fair hands when he was quite clearly very bored one day happy.gif
Nurseswhisperingverses
QUOTE (stagedoor jenny @ Oct 17 2004, 11:36 PM)
It is The Sons Of Silence - The Mit Out Sound.

You will find all of Series 1 and Series 2 music carefully typed out for you on the main site by Edgar's own fair hands when he was quite clearly very bored one day  happy.gif

Thanks lots....that was lightening fast too!
stagedoor jenny
QUOTE (Nurseswhisperingverses @ Oct 17 2004, 10:43 PM)
Thanks lots....that was lightening fast too!

Well they don't call me 'Fork Lightening Jenny' for nothing!

Well they would if that actually was my name tongue.gif
nicksmith
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. Iwas wondering if anyone can help with a question regards music from Spaced series 2. In the last episode, at the end, when Tim rides the robot down to the station to collect Daisy, there is an instrumental piece playing, which I think the website lists a Mu Tron by the Super Furry Animals. I bought the EP with this track on it and it's not the music in the show. Does anyone know what the track was please?
Jon 79
It's The Staunton Lick by Lemon Jelly.
nicksmith
Cheers for that fella, it's been driving me mad trying to find out what it is wacko.gif
Gramschi
And you can download it here:

http://www.epitonic.com/artists/lemonjelly.html

Great tune. That is another thing I love about spaced: it's opened me up to new music. smile.gif Cheers.
Ade
I was just wondering - should there be an FAQ section on the forum, d'ya think? wink.gif
Jon 79
QUOTE (Ade @ Nov 2 2004, 02:27 PM)
I was just wondering - should there be an FAQ section on the forum, d'ya think?  wink.gif

Good call.

"Does anyone know if there's going to be a 3rd series?" biggrin.gif
Baz
I was just wondering - should there be an FAQ section on the forum, d'ya think?  wink.gif

There was one, and there will be one again when I get round to doing it.
williambuckrogers

heres some! biggrin.gif
fried_gold
i think that if everyone just checked www.spaced-out.org.uk before asking questions, there would be no need for an FAQ. it says it on there.
Raven
QUOTE (williambuckrogers @ Nov 2 2004, 02:52 PM)

Do you know, I've been on these boards since near enough the beginning and I've never seen that section before! ohmy.gif

That Flameboy was a real no-it-all wasn't he?! tongue.gif
rebelstar
He was certainly conscientious - it's almost as if he gave a damn.
nibblepibbley
Can someone PLEASE tell me what the short piece of "classical/jazz" music at the beginning of Series 2 is?! Its driving me insane...

Thanks! wacko.gif
Ade
It's a piece of moozik by George Gershwin, and (I think) it's called 'Rhapsody In Blue', as featured
in the Woody Allen film 'Manhattan' (credited in the Series 2 Homage-o-meter), sandwiching as it
does the superb 'Spandex Man' by Mr Scruff, throughout the whole intro sequence of Episode 2.1.

Does that answer one's question? smile.gif
Squadgy
Does anyone know the title/artist of the music that's played in the club in the clubbed episode (Series 2, episode 6 I think). Bought the album to find it's not on there!!! Guessing I can't get the A-Team version (damn shame), but the overall music would be great! Thanks biggrin.gif
wherearethezombies
I'd love to know too. I'm the not the greatest fan, or even a fan at all of that kind of music but it came on in this bar I was in and it was really funny.
Baz
CAMISRA ‘Let Me Show You’ (Tall Paul Remix)

EDIT:

The A-Team remix can be found here.

As well as a music guide for series one and two.
philt
What's the name of the song played at the end of the last episode in season 2?

Can anyone help....?
KatieT
QUOTE (philt @ Nov 18 2004, 01:25 PM)

Can anyone help....?

It's 'The Stunton Lick', by Lemon Jelly.
Baz

Can anyone help....?

Kills Phill!

rolleyes.gif
superfurryandy

Can anyone help....?

It's called 'Phil Loves Us', and it's by The Smiths.
Squadgy
Thank you so much, that has been driving me insane & I can't believe you have the A-Team mix - thanks doesn't even begin to say it!

QUOTE (Baz @ Nov 18 2004, 12:43 PM)
CAMISRA ‘Let Me Show You’ (Tall Paul Remix)

EDIT:

The A-Team remix can be found here.

As well as a music guide for series one and two.
philt
QUOTE (Baz @ Nov 18 2004, 02:35 PM)
Kills Phill!
rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif

Sorry couldn't resist.....
philt
QUOTE (superfurryandy @ Nov 18 2004, 03:55 PM)
It's called 'Phil Loves Us', and it's by The Smiths.

excellent - any news on the New Order 12" remix?
JamesLydon
QUOTE (Raven @ Nov 3 2004, 12:00 AM)
That Flameboy was a real no-it-all wasn't he?! tongue.gif

Know-it-all, if you please! tongue.gif

Yep, it does seem a shame that absolutely every old thread (except for News and, presumably, the ModSquad ones, given the current post count vs number of visible forum posts) was removed, because some of them were damned useful as reference points if nothing else.

Progress is progress, I guess, but it does seem a shame to have to reinvent the wheel every time.
mark_hives
Can anyone tell me the name on the song that the band plays in the pub at the end of Ep. 7 Series 1 ?
Baz
You know what. I don't know and it's not on the music guide of the main site.

All I know is it's Simons dads band in the background. If you've got the first series dvd, try watching that bit with the subtitles on as it might tell you the piece of music, or if you've got the new 3 disc boxset version, watch it with the Homage 'o' Meter on as that might also tell you what it is.
Chapman Baxter
It's Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby, originally recorded by Louis Jordan in 1944.
Rob Wells
QUOTE (mark_hives @ Nov 26 2004, 09:46 AM)
Can anyone tell me the name on the song that the band plays in the pub at the end of Ep. 7 Series 1 ?

I believe it's called You Go To My Head by Billy Eckstine.

mark_hives
Thank's everyone, much appreciated.
mixedup
it's killing me! i know i own it, but can't remember who it is!!! smile.gif

oh...i'm a new member, btw! hello everyone!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.