Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turn the Page
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Hobbes
Cheers Raven, I look forward to joining the club!
SkipToTheEnd
Can i join? What is the book?
the_vicki_monster
Hello I would quite like to get involved with this. Love books!
Ingram
I must admit I didn't read the April book and unless the May book is one I have already read I won't be able to participate in the discussion. AS exams start this month.
Raven
*Gah!*

Sorry people, I completely missed the newbies above. Will be added to the list shortly and I'll have a new book suggestion for you soon as well.
Raven
List amended and posted in the first entry for this thread (to make it easier to find).
Kris
can I suggest for a future month : Haruki Murakami's "Hard-boiled Wonderland and the End of the World" ?
Raven
Sorry folks, I cocked up on the list of those wishing to take part.

I'm not exactly sure what has happened but it looks as though I may have inadvertently missed a page when compiling one of the previous lists.

Anyway, the upshot of this is some people who have put there names down are actually further down the list than they previously were . . .

Sorry sad.gif

I don't know if the people who I have just inserted into the list still wish to take part, if they don't then your turn will come around sooner than the list on the first page may suggest!

Kris, I will add you to the bottom of the list, you can then nominate the above book when your turn comes around - which at the moment is actually June! (2006 . . . tongue.gif ).
Kris
Ah I see biggrin.gif
Raven
After a month off, to make room for the Revenge of the Sith threads, Book of the Month will be returning shortly with a recomendation for your summer reading!
Ingram
You'd better chuck in some spoiler warnings in that Harry Potter thread Raven wink.gif I read the last one within the day it came out last time and was blabbing rather incessantly.
kitty_b_wonderful
ooh, ooh, can I play?
Raven
QUOTE (Ingram @ Jul 5 2005, 08:52 PM)
You'd better chuck in some spoiler warnings in that Harry Potter thread Raven wink.gif  I read the last one within the day it came out last time and was blabbing rather incessantly.

By its very nature the thread will include spoilers as it's a discussion about the book - I will however be posting a BIG spoiler warning when I re-open the thread for those who are slow on the uptake wink.gif
Raven
QUOTE (kitty_b_wonderful @ Jul 5 2005, 11:01 PM)
ooh, ooh, can I play?

Certainly, I'll add you to the list shortly! smile.gif
Igmeister
Please may I join Mr Raven?
Julie
Oooh, are we doing Harry Potter next month?
Lazlo Woodbine
QUOTE (Julie @ Jul 16 2005, 03:22 PM)
Oooh, are we doing Harry Potter next month?

No, we're doing it this month. smile.gif
Julie
QUOTE (Lazlo Woodbine @ Jul 16 2005, 10:45 AM)
No, we're doing it this month. smile.gif

Ah excellent, well my roommate should be done today, then I'll have a go. Looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks!
sweetbutinsane
Count me in, I love reading! smile.gif
feckless_dykey_prostitute
biggrin.gif
Shrubbery
Have to add THE THING.
Haven't seen Jaws? Madness! biggrin.gif
Sir_Robin_the_brave
Can any book be put forward for this? - would it have to be fairly new or a book most people wouldn't be likely to have read?
sugarbum
Can I join in? I was part of it on the old boards and think it's an ace idea.
jem
i live to read. may i please join?
Raven
Have added everyone who has said they want to take part to the list on page one, and am chasing down people for this months nomination which should be up shortly.

QUOTE (Sir_Robin_the_brave @ Jul 31 2005, 09:09 PM)
Can any book be put forward for this? - would it have to be fairly new or a book most people wouldn't be likely to have read?

You can nominate pretty much anything you like, but as each book only gets a month it would be handy if people steered clear of books of a similar length to War and Peace or Lord of the Rings! smile.gif
Sir_Robin_the_brave
I'd like to join - I also have a book in mind, how would I go about nominating it?
maian
I'd like to join this, it sounds like fun and I've never been in a book group before.
Zoe
It's not all glamour you know.
maian
What!? And I'd heard it was an endless succession of parties. Looks like I've been lied to again.

I'd still like to join though.
Raven
QUOTE (Sir_Robin_the_brave @ Sep 7 2005, 11:25 AM)
I'd like to join - I also have a book in mind, how would I go about nominating it?

I add your name to the list of people wishing to take part, then when it's your turn I'll PM you and ask you to send me your suggestion so I can post and pin it in the Media thread.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
Excellent. Soon my time will come.
Raven
QUOTE (Sir_Robin_the_brave @ Sep 7 2005, 02:06 PM)
Excellent. Soon my time will come.

November 2006 provided no one in front of you pulls out! tongue.gif

(I expect that will happen so it should be sooner than that!)
Fenny
I'd love to join but unfortunately I seem to have very little time for reading at the moment. sad.gif
I'll keep checking though so I can read the books as and when I have time. Plus it's interesting to know what others have to say.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.