Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Live Comedy Thread
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Comedy
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
Zoe
Just added the newly crowned Leicester Mercury Comedian of the Year Josh Widdicombe to this Thursday's line-up of Greg Davies, Joe Wilkinson and Jimmy McGhie.

ALL for only 9.50 online.
Everlong
Those tickets came very fast.
Zoe
QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 23 2010, 12:04 PM) *
Just added the newly crowned Leicester Mercury Comedian of the Year Josh Widdicombe to this Thursday's line-up of Greg Davies, Joe Wilkinson and Jimmy McGhie.

This is selling very well - I suggest anyone who's free joins the trend

http://www.kingsplace.co.uk/spoken-word/co...mc-dan-atkinson
Kick in the Head
QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 23 2010, 12:04 PM) *

Best one yet. The most consistently funny stand-up line-up I've seen in yonks. Josh Widdicombe was a welcome addition, a solid 10 minutes that left me wanting more. Joe Wilkinson was just incredible and wonderfully endearing. Of course, Greg Davies was a joke monster. And fine compering from Mr. McGhie. Seemed like all on stage were having a very good time and so did the audience.

Sadly, I'm not going to be able to make it for a month or so, so everyone else should come in my absence. Attend!
Ade
QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Feb 26 2010, 01:19 PM) *
Sadly, I'm not going to be able to make it for a month or so, so everyone else should come in my absence. Attend!

I will do next month - I'm owed some leave soon.
Zoe
QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Feb 26 2010, 01:19 PM) *
Best one yet. The most consistently funny stand-up line-up I've seen in yonks. Josh Widdicombe was a welcome addition, a solid 10 minutes that left me wanting more. Joe Wilkinson was just incredible and wonderfully endearing. Of course, Greg Davies was a joke monster. And fine compering from Mr. McGhie. Seemed like all on stage were having a very good time and so did the audience.

Yes!

Everyone should listen to Rory!

QUOTE (Ade @ Feb 26 2010, 01:26 PM) *
I will do next month - I'm owed some leave soon.

Get in!
PrincessKate
When I am sad and weary
When I feel all hope has gone
I remember I'm going to see the Pappys on Sunday and Tom is likely to have no clothes on.
melzilla
I went to see Sean Hughes last week.

So disappointing.
Outatime
Just got tickets to see Flight of the Conchords at the Hammersmith Apollo on May 17th smile.gif
Zoe
Come to this please (if you're not doing anything better - as if!)

Nick Mohammed (Ace!), Joe Bor (haven't seen him but probably ace), Clint Edwards (ditto) and Ed Gamble (ACE!)

If you're nice to me, I might even do you a deal *taps nose*
Rua
Right. Ok. I wasn't going to tell anyone, but I posted about it on Facebook like an utter Twat so I may as well come clean.

I've been popping over to London for work a bit recently & it coincided with this little New Act competition with The Laughing Horse, so as I was about anyway I entered. I'm now in one of the Quarter Finals & will be doing 5 mins with 10 to 14 others at The Tournament Bar near Earl's Court.

I'm not asking anyone to come, just letting it be known, let's be honest I may well be shite & then everything would just get awkward between us, on what is an already awkward form of social interaction.

There you go. Yeah.

Edit: Actually that reads far too self-deprectaing, which wasn't the intention at all. I'm actually ok at the whole thing, just still new & that. So yeah, hooray for me.
Everlong
QUOTE (Rua @ Mar 4 2010, 02:13 PM) *
Right. Ok. I wasn't going to tell anyone, but I posted about it on Facebook like an utter Twat so I may as well come clean.

I've been popping over to London for work a bit recently & it coincided with this little New Act competition with The Laughing Horse, so as I was about anyway I entered. I'm now in one of the Quarter Finals & will be doing 5 mins with 10 to 14 others at The Tournament Bar near Earl's Court.

I'm not asking anyone to come, just letting it be known, let's be honest I may well be shite & then everything would just get awkward between us, on what is an already awkward form of social interaction.

There you go. Yeah.

Ah, nice one and good luck! Alas I can't make it, but will fingers crossed for you!

Seeing you post about comedy here and in the other section reminded me that I never replied about the stanhope video. I liked! "I got myself a slapper!".
whitey
I'm now in one of the Quarter Finals & will be doing 5 mins with 10 to 14 others at The Tournament Bar near Earl's Court.

Have a good one.

This is me in Scotland last month, recorded in EXCEPTIONALLY LOW QUALITY. Almost certainly NSFW on account of shotuing and swearing.
http://vimeo.com/9899093
Rua
Cheers dude. Nice work.
Sostie

There you go. Yeah.

When?
Everlong
QUOTE (Sostie @ Mar 4 2010, 03:38 PM) *
When?

Actually, that's a good point, I just assumed Rua meant tonight.
Rua
Shit yeah, sorry. Monday 29th March.
Jon 79
QUOTE (Rua @ Mar 4 2010, 03:49 PM) *

Cool. Should we all come along to see you?
...I promise I won't laugh. ;D
Wife Of Rolex
Archie from Balamory tells us the fucking story...

On iPlayer. Really rather funny.

QUOTE (whitey @ Mar 4 2010, 03:24 PM) *
This is me in Scotland last month, recorded in EXCEPTIONALLY LOW QUALITY. Almost certainly NSFW on account of shotuing and swearing.
http://vimeo.com/9899093

Good stuff.
Everlong
QUOTE (Rua @ Mar 4 2010, 03:49 PM) *

Eyyy, it's not tonight! Just after payday and I do nowt on Mondays, may well go to it!
Jessopjessopjessop
Sons of bitches, no Conchords tickets for me! Business hours are over, baby.
Serafina_Pekkala
^ boo to that!

I look forward to seeing you on the bill with Whitey at Edinburgh TBC. wink.gif Super brilliant news, mate. Good luckies.
Zoe
I can't go on the 29th - boo! I am going to the Comedy Store Gong show with Avalon, for inspiration.

Mmmmm branding

Everlong
Venue looks top, looking forward to Millican in April, would like to go to another when I have spare cash. Not 'til May/June though, as April is a stupidly expensive month for me this year.
Jessopjessopjessop
That's it, I want royalties every time the logo is used.
Zoe
It's such a lovely logo, we can't help ourselves.

I'm getting badges made in the summer, it'd cost me a fortune.

QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Mar 5 2010, 10:48 AM) *
Sons of bitches, no Conchords tickets for me! Business hours are over, baby.

Don't despair - I hear they're adding extra dates
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Zoe @ Mar 5 2010, 12:42 PM) *

Ooh, can I have one (or half a dozen)?

Don't despair - I hear they're adding extra dates

Oh yeah? How certain are you? Tell me in private so no-one else hears about it please. I did notice there is a gap of three days between London and somewhere in Norway, maybe those dates will go on sale...
Outatime
I saw rumours that they'd add in another London date on the 18th May. How quickly did they go? All the presale ones were gone in 15 minutes, bastards already have them on eBay for 225 for two 30 tickets.
Kick in the Head
It's such a lovely logo, we can't help ourselves.

Badges! I also think branded dogwear and baby clothes are the way forward too.
Zoe
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Mar 5 2010, 01:55 PM) *
Oh yeah? How certain are you? Tell me in private so no-one else hears about it please. I did notice there is a gap of three days between London and somewhere in Norway, maybe those dates will go on sale...

Two more UK dates added. May 8 at the Apollo in Manchester and May 25 at Wembley Arena in London. Tickets go on sale Friday, March 12.

Everyone can have badges!
Zoe
As always be great to see any of you at comedy tonight.

Let me know if you're coming along.

It's Craig Campbell, Janice Phayre and Jen Brister (MC).
melzilla
Well, been trying for an hour and still no Conchords tickets. 3 hours sleep for this? Harumph with added *sob*.
Zoe
I'm going to see Jackson's Way this afternoon with a view to programming it

http://www.fueltheatre.com/willadamsdale/jackson/index.html

Craig Campbell and Janice Phayre were both fantastic last night and such lovely lovely people.
maian
Saw Richard Herring performing Hitler Moustache last night in Sheffield. It was weird watching it since it's the first time I've seen a comedy show that, through the Collings and Herrin podcast and his blog, I've been able to see the genesis of, albeit from afar, and it was great seeing that the final product was as funny, provacative and intelligent as I hoped it would be.

He singled me out as someone who "with your glasses and beard" looked a bit like a paedophile, which made me feel good, since it's cool to be part of the gag, but also horribly self-conscious.
Igmeister
QUOTE (maian @ Mar 12 2010, 01:30 PM) *
Saw Richard Herring performing Hitler Moustache last night in Sheffield. It was weird watching it since it's the first time I've seen a comedy show that, through the Collings and Herrin podcast and his blog, I've been able to see the genesis of, albeit from afar, and it was great seeing that the final product was as funny, provacative and intelligent as I hoped it would be.

He singled me out as someone who "with your glasses and beard" looked a bit like a paedophile, which made me feel good, since it's cool to be part of the gag, but also horribly self-conscious.

I saw 'Hitler Moustache' in Birmingham a couple of weeks ago, it was the best comedy show I've seen for a long time. Thought provoking, uncomfortable at times but very, very funny.
PrincessKate
I really want to see Joe Lycett but he only appears to be playing the Store, and venue-wise I'm not keen.
And The Frog on the one weekend I'm not in the area this month.
Jubei
Saw Tim Key doing Slutcracker on Thursday. He was Awesome, so much funnier than I expected and iwas definately looking forward to it. And he's a friend of my friends so first night in London hanging out with a famous person at some members only soho bar. All a bit much for a bumpkin like me biggrin.gif
Everlong
For those that missed out on Conchords tickets, this popped up on their facebook fan page...

We are pleased to announce an additional date at Wembley Arena on Tuesday, May 18. Tickets for this show go on pre-sale to Flight of the Conchords fans tomorrow at 9AM. Check out the FOTC tour page for the direct link to access tickets. Tickets will go on sale to the public on Friday, March 26.
Outatime
They're also attempting to prevent ticket touts selling on by making the only way of getting tickets by collecting them on the day at the box office.
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Outatime @ Mar 24 2010, 01:17 PM) *
They're also attempting to prevent ticket touts selling on by making the only way of getting tickets by collecting them on the day at the box office.

Hear hear! Wembley Arena is a terrible venue to see them in, but maybe it'll mean I get to go this time.
whitey
I have a new website. I will be regularly* updating it with clips and such. Have a look if you like.
michaeljdolan.co.uk

*irregularly
sleeping_pirate
I forgot to post that I managed to get pre-sale tickets to see the Conchords on May 16th at Hammersmith. Cannae wait!
PrincessKate
I've been invited out to the Store for a work colleague's birthday, trying to find out who's playing to see if it's anyone good.
Jimmay
Just got tickets for Daniel Kitson at the Warwick Arts Centre in May. I've only seen him once and that was about 5-6 years ago so I can't really remember it to be honest. Just remember enjoying it.
blackcherry
If anyone is in the vicinity of Bath, we are performing How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse at the Mission Theatre on Thursday, Friday and Saturday night as part of the comedy festival. Come and say hello smile.gif
PrincessKate
QUOTE (blackcherry @ Mar 29 2010, 12:20 PM) *
If anyone is in the vicinity of Bath, we are performing How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse at the Mission Theatre on Thursday, Friday and Saturday night as part of the comedy festival. Come and say hello smile.gif

You beat Pappy's to the top spot, impressive!
Shack
QUOTE (whitey @ Mar 27 2010, 01:15 PM) *
I have a new website. I will be regularly* updating it with clips and such. Have a look if you like.
michaeljdolan.co.uk

*irregularly

Check you out I did. Nice.

I saw your favourite Sean Lock last night in Nottingham. He was worth all the traffic chaos on the way there and on the way back. Very funny indeed.
Zoe
Went to King Gong at the Comedy Store tonight. It was an experience. The audience were brutal, and I think they liked ripping the bad acts to shreds as much as laughing at the good ones. Four acts out of about 20 managed the 5 minutes. The audience had good taste though and the guy that won was great and after a bit of a confer with my friend, co-promoter and live booking agent for Avalon, Chris, we offered him a ten-minute slot at an upcoming Kings Place night. He was clearly chuffed and I felt a bit like Simon Cowell.

Good fun.
Raven
QUOTE (Zoe @ Mar 30 2010, 12:21 AM) *
Went to King Gong at the Comedy Store tonight. It was an experience. The audience were brutal, and I think they liked ripping the bad acts to shreds as much as laughing at the good ones. Four acts out of about 20 managed the 5 minutes. The audience had good taste though and the guy that won was great and after a bit of a confer with my friend, co-promoter and live booking agent for Avalon, Chris, we offered him a ten-minute slot at an upcoming Kings Place night. He was clearly chuffed and I felt a bit like Simon Cowell.

Good fun.

Pah! Simon Cowell isn't worthy to lick the comedy scum from your shoes!

(You're going to have to get your business cards re-done again to include Head Hunter, by the way!).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.