Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Teachers - New Series
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Baz
A new series of Teachers starts on C4 this Tuesday. It may not have any of the original cast in it, but yay anyway, it still might be good.
J.R
Even Bob's gone now!
Baz
QUOTE (J.R @ Oct 24 2004, 09:54 PM)
Even Bob's gone now!

Opps, no he hasn't. I was reading a preview and he's still in it.
Lazlo Woodbine
yeah, i saw Bob in one of the trailers. he's definitely still there.

i wonder if Andrew Lincoln or any of the others will make an appearance...
J.R
Ah I thought one of the new guys has taken his place?
spacegurl
as long as liz is still in it. love her!
Lazlo Woodbine
I think i saw liz in there but i'm not too sure. I didn't even see matt on the clips they've showed.
spacegurl
well im sure it'll still be good.( ever the optomist!)
when andrew lincoln left i thought it would turn into a pile of crap but it always manages to hold its own.
Lazlo Woodbine
but the handful of episodes which he appeared in were by far the best in the 3rd series. Still i'm not gonna write it off just yet. It might be really good.
Baz
Should add that it's on at 10pm. happy.gif
fried_gold
I live in wales so scheduling goes nuts for anything i ever want to watch. I didn't see matt either, bit apprehensive about this one.
Baz
Matt is not in it any more. Don't want to give much away, but the school has merged with another school, so there's loads more teachers, pupils etc, so with this it might actually be a good series.
Lazlo Woodbine
Didn't Andrew Lincoln produce or even direct the last series? is he still doing that or has he washed his hands of it?
Baz
QUOTE (Lazlo Woodbine @ Oct 24 2004, 10:32 PM)
Didn't Andrew Lincoln produce or even direct the last series?  is he still doing that or has he washed his hands of it?

I think he produced the last 3 episodes.
Lazlo Woodbine
Well that shows some promise at least smile.gif
Stella MM
Hmm. I'm not so sure. The Guardian Guide gave it a distinctly underwhelming write up. The only things that kept me watching last series were Kurt and Brian, and Matt and Lindsay's illicit love story - and it looks to me like those two plot points are going to be done away with in the first five minutes with some glib explanation.

Still, I'm willing to be proved wrong.
Mizzie
I wonder if they're still gonna have that donkey hanging about in the background, as well as the midget dinner ladies...
stagedoor jenny
Have not watched a single episode of this programme before but I noticed that actor Lee Williams is in it and I like him so I might watch it smile.gif
madfish
so any idea what the explanation for the disaperance is gonna be? ive not heard anything about the new series.

speaking of people leaving, what was the reason given for jenny, jp and susan not being in season 3, i cant remember! ohmy.gif oh and when are season 3 dvds released?
Lazlo Woodbine
QUOTE (madfish @ Oct 25 2004, 05:39 PM)
so any idea what the explanation for the disaperance is gonna be? ive not heard anything about the new series.

speaking of people leaving, what was the reason given for jenny, jp and susan not being in season 3, i cant remember!  ohmy.gif  oh and when are season 3 dvds released?

I don't think any explanation was given for any of the missing characters. It was pretty annoying. mad.gif
oh, apart from the fact that JP was only a substitute teacher anyway.
J.R
Of course, need to explain away characters?
Just kill em off, then in no way explain it.

Genious!

Still nice to see some lessons apart from English, and burning children is always good.
spacegurl
theres a couple of cuties in this series.yay!

whats up with bob's rug?
rebelstar
So far, it's not been great. The 'Fuck' count's been high, though.
stagedoor jenny
but.. Lee Williams with a beard!!! wub.gif
rebelstar
Well there was always that I suppose - who cares if the show was annoyingly self referential and lazily written, eh?
Baz
I thought it was quite good. If it had all the same characters still from the first series, it would get a bit dull.

Teachers were always changing at our school with no explanation, so I think this fits in quite well.

It has potential to grow into a good series I think.
J.R
Have to say after 3 series of taking the piss outta Bob I'm starting to feel sorry for the guy.

Oh I also quite liked it. The new teachers seem different. Which is good.
rebelstar
It's possible - I'm kind of hoping that some of the ridiculousness of tonight's episode is a set up so that we can all go Ahhhhh! - it was all deliberate. I'm not sure about that, mind you, but I'm an optimist.

Edit : I'm replying to Baz...
Stella MM
Oh pissly piss. I missed it. So what was the explanation for Kurt, Brian and Matt not being there?

And what was the ridiculousness, reb?
fried_gold
there wasn't an explanation at all, they're just dead, and they all went and pissed on their graves.

Have to say after 3 series of taking the piss outta Bob I'm starting to feel sorry for the guy.

if bob wasn't such a wanker and ewan wasn't so nice, i'd be inclined to agree, but he is, and he is.

I liked it, the new teachers are good. And i must add, i'm straight and even i think ewan's attractive.
fear_of_pop
Lee Williams is great, but hopefully will lose the beard at some point.

I like Ben though. He might be interesting.

I MISS KURT! Sorry... But his eyes were so gorgeous, catching them on a rare closeup shot in all their light yellowy greenness was the main point of watching teachers. oh well.
madfish
well i really enjoyed the episode last night, hopefuly it will continue to be as entertaining through out the series.
The Phantom
Thought it was good in places and not so good in other places, hopefully it will settle into a groove.
kateykinz
I got more into it the longer it went on.

Ewan and Ben are lovely. But I miss Kurt. I think Ben will be much like the Kurt character was.

I'm glad no one else knows what happened to Kurt, Brian and Matt as I was starting to think I had missed the last episode of the last series. I'm sure it will come to light eventually.
rebelstar
QUOTE (Stella MM @ Oct 26 2004, 10:47 PM)
Oh pissly piss. I missed it. So what was the explanation for Kurt, Brian and Matt not being there?

And what was the ridiculousness, reb?

Ach, things like spoofing Simon on his bike by having Bob on a scooter weaving in and out of traffic on the way to school, or the painful attempt to introduce the new Kurt and Brian by even, at one point, having the two new characters dressed like them, people (Bob especially) constantly saying 'fuck' - I like swearing, and find it funny but it was so overused it seemed like they couldn't be bothered actually writing dialogue. That kind of thing.

I'll give it a chance but if they introduce a new character called 'Susanna' who's a sensible psychology teacher, or 'Benny', an uptight English teacher, then I'm switching off.
Lazlo Woodbine
well, considering they killed off the 3 funniest characters it wasn't half bad. Carol constantly attacking and hissing at the Japanese teacher was a highlight for me smile.gif
A bit hit and miss in places and i agree with Rebelstar about the overuse of swearing seeming pretty lazy. Still, enough chuckles raised to keep me watching next week.
The Phantom
QUOTE (rebelstar @ Oct 27 2004, 08:59 AM)
Ach, things like spoofing Simon on his bike by having Bob on a scooter weaving in and out of traffic on the way to school, or the painful attempt to introduce the new Kurt and Brian by even, at one point, having the two new characters dressed like them, people (Bob especially) constantly saying 'fuck' - I like swearing, and find it funny but it was so overused it seemed like they couldn't be bothered actually writing dialogue. That kind of thing.

I'll give it a chance but if they introduce a new character called 'Susanna' who's a sensible psychology teacher, or 'Benny', an uptight English teacher, then I'm switching off.

Agreed about the swearing, the dialogue was a bit weak in places. Also don't like Bob as a main character, better when he popped up now and again throughout episodes. We'll see how it pans out though.
dive1082
QUOTE (The Phantom @ Oct 27 2004, 10:48 AM)
Agreed about the swearing, the dialogue was a bit weak in places.  Also don't like Bob as a main character, better when he popped up now and again throughout episodes.  We'll see how it pans out though.

Having been an avid teachers fan from the very first episode, I was shocked, dissapointed and p@**ed off at the way the script writers have turned a great programme into a dismal boring outdated piece of sh@t.

The new characters are the worst actors I have seen for a long time, and you can almost see the old characters cringing at the storylines.

Lost a vewer here....
Baz
QUOTE (dive1082 @ Nov 2 2004, 02:55 PM)
The new characters are the worst actors I have seen for a long time, and you can almost see the old characters cringing at the storylines.

Lost a vewer here....

How can you tell after only one episode? You need to give them time to develope into there roles.
Baz
Balls, I forgot it was on as I was watching Hex.
Stella MM
Blimey, which acting school did they find the Home Ec teacher in? He's so wooden, you could chop off his limbs and use them for table legs.

Of the new teachers, only Ewen's bearable and that's only because I want to pinch his little cheeks and stroke his slightly embarrassing teenage bumfluff beard.

I think we can safely say this series has jumped the shark.
williambuckrogers
NEXT WEEK, ON TEACHERS:

Bob and Kurt (risen from the apparent dead) steal a motorbike whilst on a drunken rampage after a particualrly bad OFSTED review and ride around the Nevada desert shooting random wildlife. Jenny (also returned from the forgotten past) looks on, ascance.
rebelstar
I...missed isn't exactly the correct word...couldn't be bothered setting the video for this last night - what whacky things happened in this episode? Entire school abducted by aliens? Bob didn't say 'fuck'? There was a script?
Stella MM
Penny got off with a student because she thought he was a teacher, everyone else agonised about whether to tell her or not, Bob ordered a Thai mail order bride, and the Home Ec teacher tried but failed to hold his own against even the most mediocre of actors on the show.

And they all said fuck lots as if to prove that the show was not now so unhip I'm surprised their bottoms didn't fall off (copyright Douglas Adams, 1980ish).
williambuckrogers
i stopped playing GTA:San andreas because i was going to watch it but ended up being on the phone to someone for the duration instead.

its a great game, san andreas! wink.gif
rebelstar
Hmmm. Sounds like my decision not to bother taping it and watch Rich Hall's Election Special when I came in last night instead was a good one. Unlike the construction of that last sentence.
The Phantom
QUOTE (Stella MM @ Nov 3 2004, 10:18 AM)
Blimey, which acting school did they find the Home Ec teacher in? He's so wooden, you could chop off his limbs and use them for table legs.

I think we can safely say this series has jumped the shark.

Yup that Home Ec teacher is a bad bad actor and his little mate who is the supposed Kurt replacement character is very annoying so far.

Gonna stick with it for at least a few more episodes to see how it does develop, so wish me luck.

I do also feel though that we have got shark jumpage of large preportions.
Mizzie
I thought it was just me who thought Ben was as wooden as Elizabeth "Don't-call-me-Liz" Hurley.

I'm still gonna give the show a go, although maybe it's due to loyalty.

And it is funny to see Carol hiss at the oriental teacher, especially as it's Mr. Cheeky Chappie from Banzai.
fried_gold
Haha i didnt notice it was the guy from banzai. i still enjoy watching it, even if it is a little absurd. i like the r.e. teacher's jealousy of old people, and the scene at the end where the student got asked for i.d. loyalty perhaps? i don't know.
Dorf
dammit, i missed the first one, and if im right in thinking the 2nd was yesturday, i missed that to.

i like teachers, just sods law i keep forgetting sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.