Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Peep Show
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Comedy
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Jon 79
I didn't think that one was as good as last weeks.
sleeping_pirate
QUOTE (Ade @ May 17 2008, 10:55 AM)
"Everyone shut up, 'cause Jeff's making a joke!"

Dobby rules.

That bit made me laugh so much.
Ade
As deserving as Mark is of Jeff's jibes at times, I really do like seeing Jeff put well and truly in his place.
The Phantom
Peep Show has been consistently good since the start and has easily been the best comedy on telly for years. It's unavoidable that you'll get the odd episode below par but even the ones like that are still good to watch.

In the episode recently where they held the chavvy burglar hostage before his mates showed up did anyone notice that one of the mob referred to Mark as 'clean shirt' ...? Was he supposed to be the same youth that featured in the first series where Mark is constantly being pestered by a group of kids and then chases after them with a metal bar ?
Wife Of Rolex
Not so evident in the current series but apparently David Mitchell has shed a bit of weight recently.

Slim David

So Jeremy stealing his sausages was actually a good thing.

Yeah, I pretty much only posted this to do that gag.

Sorry.
Zoe
I went throught a brief spell there where I thought 'Peep Show' was incredibly sexist, until I remembered Mark and Jeremy are presented just as badly.

The whole 'female rape' concept from last week does present an interesting feminist discussion point though; but probably not for this thread.
logger
That episode wasn't so good. But that could just be because I feel like shit.
Kick in the Head
A wonderful final episode. I almost cried when Jez started to break down. The pregnancy/firing scene was a work of horrible horrible genius (especially Johnson's gestures in the background). And its ending was somehow strangely uplifting, in the way each series seems to end with Jez and Mark sticking together through thick and thin.

It was also quite apt that yesterday was the first time I'd ever played World of Warcraft.
gulfcoast_highwayman
I agree. It was marvellous. They really seem to have rediscovered what made Peep Show so great in this series, after series 4's descent into dog-eating and swimming pool poo.

Jeremy's assessment interview is one of the most touching things ever. Top marks for the acting in that scene.
Ade
Missed half of it - when's the repeat showing?
Ade
QUOTE (Ade @ Jun 8 2008, 11:58 AM)
Missed half of it - when's the repeat showing?

Thursday at 23:30.
Ade
QUOTE (Ade @ Jun 8 2008, 11:58 PM)
Thursday at 23:30.

Nice one! Cheers, me!
Zoe
You're funnier than 'Peep Show'!
Ade
Dawwww!
Withnail
"HD will make everything better" biggrin.gif
Ade
"Home insurance, Jez. It's payback time!"
Outatime
I'm hoping that when my brother moved last weekend he moved his Peep Show DVDs home, series 5 has made me want to start watching again from the beginning.
Zoe
I've just realised that I know Dobby! It's Isy!

She looks really different; but still it's worrying I didn't recognise her at all. I've met her several times.
empathy-with-beast
The Amy Winehouse down a well comic, right?
Zoe
That's her.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jun 16 2008, 01:54 PM)
I've just realised that I know Dobby! It's Isy!

She looks really different; but still it's worrying I didn't recognise her at all. I've met her several times.

Were any of them in a stationary cupboard?
Miss Shazam
QUOTE (Withnail @ Jun 9 2008, 10:57 AM)
"HD will make everything better"  biggrin.gif

...it made me giggle laugh.gif
Withnail
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Jun 17 2008, 06:45 AM)
Were any of them in a stationary cupboard?

Don't you mean the F*ckbunker? smile.gif
DeadMike
Any word when Series 6 might air. I'm over here in the States and have to have a friend download them for me until they're release on DVD.
gulfcoast_highwayman
Next series starts airing on 9th November!

Ade
Aaaaaaaaaace!
GundamGuy_UK
So did anyone catch the first episode of the new series?

I thought it was good, it felt the same as the others despite the long gap since the last one. Not the best Peep Show has ever been, but still entertaining.
logger
I wanted Jeremy to get sectioned.
Llama
I can't believe Gerard died. Do we have to put that sort of thing in spoilers or just assume everyone is up to date?
GundamGuy_UK
I would have thought people would only be going on this thread at the moment to discuss the new series. If in doubt, I always use spoilers though.

I was surprised at how cool Dobby was with that, she quickly got over it and didn't seem to blame Mark even though it looked like it was set up to be his fault.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
A solid episode. Loved Johnson's speech.
Llama
QUOTE (Sir_Robin_the_brave @ Nov 28 2012, 06:45 PM) *
A solid episode. Loved Johnson's speech.

The scythe!
Ade
Good start to the new series, better than some opening eps have been.

Johnson's speech was ace, and I cackled a little too loudly at Mark's 'jealous pigeon' quote. In fact there were several cracking one-liners dotted about. Doctor Bhaji! biggrin.gif

I was rather floored by the death of Gerard too. It looked for all the world like he was being lined up to replace Jeff as Mark's rival, now that he is focussed solely on Dobby, when BAM! Talk about blind-sider. In retrospect, I suppose it did make Gerard's "I'm playing the 'long' game" line all the more darkly hilarious..
Everlong
QUOTE (Llama @ Nov 28 2012, 09:20 PM) *
The scythe!

Genuine laugh out loud.

And "He's up there! Shitting on me like a dead angry pigeon!"

The cake!
GundamGuy_UK
Episode 2 was much more like classic Peep Show.

"I'm wearing a grass skirt..."
Llama
Jeremy being the (relatively) level-headed one is unsettling. Dobby needs to settle down and sort Mark out before he completely flips.
GundamGuy_UK
Mark doing that music quiz is exactly how I feel any time somebody tries to talk about music with me.
logger
I've been bored since 9-11 too, although that has to do with personal circumstances as much as the news.
GundamGuy_UK
Were there two episodes last week or something? I was very surprised to see 4 and 5 on 4OD.
logger
Episode 4 was on last night, if episode 5 was on too then I missed it.
GundamGuy_UK
I really enjoyed that series. It was better than the last couple.
Llama
80% gay.
Space Jack
one of my favourite shows ever
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.