Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Peep Show
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Comedy
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
dantheman
watching peepshow right now?

ch4...one of the best it has to be said... i wish i was the 'sexer' i'm single right now, looking for free love on the freeride highway...can't wait to self-oliaginate....with a lady

sorry to be frank, my candour may be a little ard to swallow, but hey, so am i smile.gif

-DTM
zombiechick
It's alright to be frank dantheman, we all want a good screwing from time to time. Sorry that was very rude, but u kno it's true. Being single sux, hey dantheman how old are you? happy.gif
dantheman
sorry ZC, i feel the whole tenar of your argument/reply is subliminally tainted (fuelled if you will) with sexual frustration... if so, i'm so sad... cos as i'm typing this shit and having the sudden realisation that i'm actually here and your actually there (where ever there is) and...well...we should be expressing ourselves in alternative modes...don't....you...think?

yes...we all deserve a ruddy good humping, even you lessers... (and gays) in love of course, nothing wrong with that... yeah... a rogerously marvellous orgas factor...i'm going for a high score here, because....*snif* i'm single to... bloody shame cos i'm a right good...sh...i mean catch!

if you'd like to continue this conversation ZC, say over a...over a...um...ovum.......Ovum? ooh poop i have female organs on my mind now... lemme start again

if you'd like to continue this conversation ZC, say over a small light blue input box in black text, then..call me sister (well don't call me sis...oh nevermind)

by the way i think i'm old... i gave up counting after 30...anyways, birthdays are good for you, the more you have the longer you live, so i'm gonna kick back and let time/age (the subtle theif of youth) make mock of my feeble attempts at being young and say...sod it, the good die young right? come on....lets be bad!!!!

-D255
Stella MM
Goodness. No wonder you like peep show. Tell me, do you consider Mark to be a kindred spirit?

It's a great show, but one that needs to be watched while covering your eyes with one hand and biting down hard on the other.
williambuckrogers
i just cant get into this show at all, saw a few of the first series and thought 'well at least its a relatively novel concecpt' but theyve not bothered improving it for this new series!!

its funny, cos Mitchel and Webb have been a great team in other shows... smile.gif
Kick in the Head
Peep Show is simply divine dirty comedy. Endlessly quotable, and not as gimmicky as you might expect, thanks to perfect writing and acting.
Ade
Yes, endlessly quotable: "Oh, cocknobs!" being a superb turn-of-phrase for expressing
one's computer-based frustrations at work; already starting to adopt that one... biggrin.gif
And "Henmania" is jolly good for moments of elation....

* does the Henman-wins-point-and-celebrates-with-clenched fist motion * "Henmania!"
Wicked, I feel better already. happy.gif

The first-person-perspective gimmick is cool too - it's good to see an original concept in comedy
for once. Much like The Office (only more so), the discomfort factor does make you squirm every
so often (and that's part of the joke, is it not?): "you might want to give that a bit of a rinse..."

By the way, does anybody remember seeing the two main
protagonists in Comedy Nation a few years back (1998-ish)?
williambuckrogers
also very useful in BRUISER, alongside Garth Marengi and Tim out of that THE OFFICE, plus the lovely sophie herself from this show
dantheman
If you cannot find peepshow funny or amusing but then again your here? in...this...forum.... i would be bold enough to say that your an anti-comdecocknobbing hypocrite, peepshow whaaaaaay deserves to have it's own forums...fans and everything else, little old me mentining it here in this spaced out forum isn't cocking good enough...i'm gonna have to make a stand... spaced...romantic comedy...PS (same) spaced..well filmed....PS (same) i could go on, i won't, i'm bloody tired... you see PS has all the elements that spaced has...but goes against Peepshow?.... i'll tell you

spaced has been around longer....
stars simon pegg thus the girly swooon memberships of this forum etc
yes it's funny and well written but doesn't appeal to the younger collbuff marlboro light studo's

has PS show go a dvd? - anyways, i find PS more....real...hmmmm yeah baby, when i mentioned this to mr Pegg, yes i have met him and her and them... he said... Peepshow, whats that? it wasn't ready then...i didn't have the thoughts in my head... i arse i think i've just lost myself... oh nevermind.. watch next weeks, you fucking love it!

-Dt^^% (i'm reading your emails)
williambuckrogers
you are robert webb and I claim my £20.
dantheman
I don't give money away to strangers, last time i did that, i was a sexual play thing, tired....crying inside.

webby who? - ah him...hmm
i'll get my coat! - you'll never guess...hahahahah! - even if you do, i wouldnt tell you if you were right nor not... anyways what am i doing here, work to do...me hungry...must eat, cannot sit around here all day wasting plastic typing to you.

-DT546
Stella MM
QUOTE (dantheman @ Nov 17 2004, 04:53 PM)
If you cannot find peepshow funny or amusing but then again your here? in...this...forum....  i would be bold enough to say that your an anti-comdecocknobbing hypocrite, peepshow whaaaaaay deserves to have it's own forums...fans and everything else, little old me mentining it here in this spaced out forum isn't cocking good enough...i'm gonna have to  make a stand... spaced...romantic comedy...PS (same) spaced..well filmed....PS (same) i could go on, i won't, i'm bloody tired... you see PS has all the elements that spaced has...but goes against Peepshow?.... i'll tell you

Hello, what does this mean please?
williambuckrogers
my first guess was that it was supposed to be a sort of inner-monologue sort of diatribical rambling, i.e. like the two blokes in PEEP SHOW (hence the 'reading your emails' line, and so on).

my second guess... oh look, hometime!
dantheman
exactly my point, thankyou...

now, when do you think your gonna see this on TV screeeens...hmm? - i really gotta go...so much to do, sorry girl stella, don't fret my babe, you'll get it... now i must fly...

-DT881
Stella MM
QUOTE (dantheman @ Nov 17 2004, 05:24 PM)
sorry girl stella, don't fret my babe, you'll get it...

Yeeess....
J.R
The Forums really do attract them. mellow.gif
Ade
Them scary. ohmy.gif
Jollyjaffaman
QUOTE (Stella MM @ Nov 17 2004, 05:20 PM)
Hello, what does this mean please?

Looks like a rant to me. Never seen the show so can't comment. When and where is it on....and is it worth half an hour of my time?

JJM biggrin.gif
wherearethezombies
it's a very good show. channel 4 on friday nights.
Jollyjaffaman
QUOTE (wherearethezombies @ Nov 17 2004, 08:01 PM)
it's a very good show.  channel 4 on friday nights.

Many thanks....I'll check it out this week.

JJM biggrin.gif
Chapman Baxter
It is a very good show, but I must say I spent most of the last episode curled up in a ball watching it through clenched fingers. I would say that it out-Offices the Office in the comedy of embarrasment.

During the last series I was watching one scene set in a pub, and was thinking, 'that looks strangely familiar'. I then realised they were filming in the pub just round the corner from my office, scene of many a night's debauchery. So I feel a personal connection to the series.
Kick in the Head
Well, the first series is out now on DVD if you're interested. Not seen it myself (the DVD) that is, but I'm sure there's all manner of lovely gubbins to get stuck into.
wherearethezombies
What's the verdict on the episode that just finished?

Has peep show gained any new fans?
J.R
Not a new fan. but it was bloody brilliant.

So many good quotes.

I'm so bored I could eat a fucking stapler
innercitysumo
"Crunchy Nut cornflakes......they're expensive''

Brilliant!
JamesLydon
QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Nov 18 2004, 02:34 PM)
Well, the first series is out now on DVD if you're interested. Not seen it myself (the DVD) that is, but I'm sure there's all manner of lovely gubbins to get stuck into.

Mmmmmm I LOVE PEEP SHOW! biggrin.gif

The DVD is comprehensive, obviously, in terms of episodes, with a small number of them having commentary tracks too. Other than that, Mark and Jeremy get three short films each as extras, which are well worth the watch. Not much else on it, but there really doesn't need to be.

Peep Show? Trés bien!

(that's a very esoteric joke for those of you with a finger on the television comedy pulse in 1999... wink.gif )
Mike_Lee_Watt
Hmmm yeah don't know if it's been mentiond before but has anyone seen this brill sit-com?
Stella MM
Hi Mike. There's a thread about Peep Show right here, so I'm just going to merge the two.
holly
i half watched the 1st series but never really paid any attention to it, but for some reason im loving this series. i loved his little speech as he went to the alcoholics meeting and said he drank a huge cocktail before eating frozen chips out of the packet and then vomiting on himself!

"it was a picnic, we had three different flavous of crisps!"
Mike_Lee_Watt
QUOTE (Stella MM @ Nov 28 2004, 11:56 AM)
Hi Mike. There's a thread about Peep Show right here, so I'm just going to merge the two.

Yeah thanks and woo your posts in my topic but of course you already stated this topic lol [oh wait it was someone else, still you know what i mean]. I havn't seen the 1st series yet, but i do want to get it on DVD.
bagpuss
The start of this thread reminded me of a short story by Irvine Welsh (can't remember waht collection though). It describes a sexual experience from a male and female point of view and is layed out on the page in two separate columns, to parallel their experience. Gradually, as their pleasure intensifies, the two separate texts 'come together' in one mind blowing experience. However, after the event you realise that these are in fact two strangers, living in flats next door to each other, and that they have been masturbating alone all the time.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into the start. smile.gif
ronlogan1977
I got the DVD yeatsrday. Utterly fantastic it is too. Peep Show is probably one of the best comedies that i've ever seen.
Stella MM
What are the extras like, ron?
superfurryandy
QUOTE (bagpuss @ Nov 28 2004, 07:23 PM)
The start of this thread reminded me of a short story by Irvine Welsh (can't remember waht collection though).

Twas in The Acid House.
ronlogan1977
I haven't got round to watching the extras yet. Too many essays to write. Interesting fact I did notice though (to me anyway) is that I was in the same class at school as the Unit/Location manager of Peep Show .hatever that may be.
tvdc
I'm loving this series too - completely outshing Max and Paddy.

I'm thinking of writing an essay on Peep show for a University project (I won't bore you with the details), and it's good to find so many people who are into it.

Looking for Peep Show on google etc, I notice that it is often called a 'cult comedy', does anyone know how a programme gets such a tag?

Also, does anybody (away from this forum) quote bits of the programme to their mates, or is this just reserved for more obvious Bo Selecta 'chamone' lines?
Stella MM
It seems to me that any comedy that's not broadcast on prime time BBC1 and repeated ad nauseam gets tagged with the 'cult' label. 'Cult' just means your grandma won't have heard of it.
innercitysumo
QUOTE (tvdc @ Dec 5 2004, 03:13 PM)
I'm loving this series too - completely outshing Max and Paddy.

I'm thinking of writing an essay on Peep show for a University project (I won't bore you with the details), and it's good to find so many people who are into it.

Looking for Peep Show on google etc, I notice that it is often called a 'cult comedy', does anyone know how a programme gets such a tag?

Also, does anybody (away from this forum) quote bits of the programme to their mates, or is this just reserved for more obvious Bo Selecta 'chamone' lines?

Well, me and the only other person at school I know who watches this can't stop doing the ''Pour me'' line from last week. Also, using 'mate' and ''good ridance....you Nazi!'' has become common too.
wherearethezombies
This weeks episode was the funniest episode of anything I've seen in a very long time...since the paintballing episode of spaced probably.....

'do a columbo, do a columbo' love it
Baz
Yay Channel 4 have ordered another series of Peep Show.

smile.gif

You can read the news here.
gulfcoast_highwayman
YEAH!

This is the best thing on the box (when it's on).

When he gave Geoff 'the broom' I nearly fell off me sofa laughing.

Sod the ratings (and well done C4 for doing so) It's too good for the chavs, let them have their Little Britain. This is for the more discerning viewer.

'shits all over Quincy'
ronlogan1977
This was the best programme on all year. Luckily it looks quite cheap to film.
Hoover
They're on the radio from February 10th to March 17th on Radio 4! Huzzaah!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/news/2005/01/17/16523.shtml
dismember
I love peep show.. soo much.. but marks lack of irises disturbs me quite a lot.
paulaboz
peep show is fantstic i love it
Lauren
To the person who asked about extras: they're effing fabulous. Some of th best extras ever seena dn they were quite clearly made especially. Effort + hilarity = GOLD!!! Jeremy's last will and testament is the best of them, IMHO

And to the person who mentioned their radio 4 show, We went to some of the recorsings of it and it's somehow even more fabulous. one of the best sketch shows of recent years, easily shits all over Little Britain, anyhow wink.gif
J.R
That Mitchell and Webb Sound

Just a reminder that this is starting tonight, also featuring Olivia Colman.

should be good smile.gif
ronlogan1977
Very rarely listen to Radio 4 but this was a treat. Best bits were the Late night DJ, the SS officers and the John Leslie sketch at the end. I hope thre's more to come.
PrincessKate
"Humans breathe air, not space"

That was SO classic... better, even, than the museum of everything

"Well if it isn't beautiful irish prostitute, Matthew Kelly"

And, of course, the consultants

"What do I want with a box of ducks?"

Top quote of tonight:

"I buy the milk, and I drink the milk. Should the mood take me, I make a custard."
Ohio_is_for_lovers
I dont know if i have said this before but i love peep show biggrin.gif , for some reason i like the bit where jeremy is naked weeing and saying "Take that big suze, your toilet regime is over" as usual im crap with getting qoutes right sad.gif .....but anyway, im so happy i got the dvd. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.