Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: now thats what i call music 1
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Music
pots
ok ladies and gents , time to get serious.

i've just been informed by my doctor that i have between three and eight minutes to live ( maybe slightly longer ). what one song should i listen to?

to start your balls rolling i'm going to say 'love is an arrow' by aberfeldy.

what say you?
Ade
I say "nahhhh, a bit of Monty Python's Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life is what you want..."
Jessopjessopjessop
Hmm, three to eight minutes you say? I wouldn't have suggested "Out There Somewhere" by Orbital, but you'd be dead four minutes from the end. So instead I'd recommend "God Moving Over the Face of the Waters" by Moby. It's going to play at my funeral.

Or if it means you don't pop your clogs that little bit sooner, "Mother" by Goldie is an hour long ambient drum and bass epic.
SuperSaiyanStoner
i would sugest a track off of Kyuss's Welcome to Sky Valley but they squish 3 songs to a track so youd probably die by the time demon cleaner came on! smile.gif
superfurryandy
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Dec 2 2004, 10:14 AM)
Hmm, three to eight minutes you say? I wouldn't have suggested "Out There Somewhere" by Orbital, but you'd be dead four minutes from the end.

Perhaps Belfast would be a better choice - just about the right length.
philt
pity I want either Symphony to the Powers B by Vangelis or Echoes by Pink Floyf

Perhaps if I'd got an early bus I'd have had time to listen to this sad.gif
Zoe
If I was about to die It's listen to 'Do You Realise?' by The Flaming Lips, just to put things in perspective like.
pots
don't think ya gotta be morbid, i didn't mean songs at funerals, what i meant was whats the song you would play if you only had one choice...

perhaps your friend only has three minutes and you want to make them happy before they shuffle off this mortal etc?

no forget the death thing, what i mean is what is your favourite song of all time? today? now?

mine now is phoenix 'if i ever feel better'

what say you?
philt
First three minutes of Tales From Topographic Oceans - the only good bit of the album (actually that's not true all 22 odd minutes of Ritual are pretty impressive)
superfurryandy
QUOTE (pots @ Dec 3 2004, 08:42 PM)
no forget the death thing, what i mean is what is your favourite song of all time? today? now?

That is an impossible question to answer - too many good choons, man.
Zoe
God Only Knows - The Beach Boys

Perfect
Jon 79
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
cos it's got a bit of everything.
innercitysumo
QUOTE (philt @ Dec 3 2004, 08:35 PM)
Echoes by Pink Floyf

Just buy an ROIO of the Live at Pompeii concert and choose between parts 1 or 2...that would help it a little bit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.