whitey
Posters are out.

also here's a link to the teaser for anyone who ain't seen it yet
http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/#
Raven
Very moody wink.gif

I like the second one cool.gif
Lazlo Woodbine
This all seems to be building up to be the best of the franchise. I have high hopes.
Just look at the cast.
whitey

bigger
Serafina_Pekkala
I cannot wait to see this film ... don't reckon much to Katie Holmes much but Christian and Gary and Liam ...

Christian as BATMAN ... hell, i still get light-headed thinking about it. wub.gif

Sefi x
Jessopjessopjessop
Yeah, brilliant cast for this - hopefully a mark of quality for the finished product, although that is not always the case - and these posters are excellent. I like the first one, with the little furry buggers flyin' round. cool.gif
whitey
New trailer here but it's an ultra crappy windows media version. there should be a quicktime version online next week if you want to hold on for that.
Stella MM
I can't get that to work. There doesn't appear to be any links to let you select what kind of connection you have.
Jubei
Thats funny, I tries it earlier, and there were three links, with 56k, 128k and 512k. Now they are gone and there appears to be no sign of Batman anywhere. Mind you, I couldn't watch it before anyway, bloody activeX restrictions at work!
whitey
Yeah, the link's gone down. Must have been a leak. The quality was pretty poor.
spacegurl
its working now! well for the time being....
whitey
another link for the new trailer.
MissingPlanet
Saw a trailer on the big screen yesterday. Underwhelmed is the word I would use. Maybe I was distracted by Christian Bale. I'd seen The Machinist a few hours before, and it was nice to see him looking healthy. Going by the trailer, I don't expect much from this one.
Svein
This year is shaping up to be EITHER a great year for movies or a big fucking disappointment...
Shack
Ooooh, they're good.

I'm excited about that now, more so since I've not been to the cinema for quite a bit.

(begins jumping up and down on the spot waving arms)
whitey
-edit- nuts. double post.
whitey
QUOTE (Svein @ Mar 23 2005, 01:08 PM)
This year is shaping up to be EITHER a great year for movies or a big fucking disappointment...

Or a little of both, same as every year.
It's not movie related but have a look at this.
whitey
new bat-site is up. check it out on your bat-computer's bat-net bat-browser (requires bat-flash).
Shack
QUOTE (whitey @ Mar 24 2005, 01:19 AM)
new bat-site is up. check it out on your bat-computer's bat-net bat-browser (requires bat-flash).

(pulls oooooooooooooh face for ages)

Very swish.
whitey
So it's just Kate Holmes now is it? Has she really earned that?
http://www.actuacine.net/giantposters/batman-fr.htm
flakmonkey
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Dec 10 2004, 10:13 AM)
I cannot wait to see this film ... don't reckon much to Katie Holmes much but Christian and Gary and Liam ...

Christian as BATMAN ... hell, i still get light-headed thinking about it.  wub.gif

I can totally understand that sentiment SP! Christian Bale (phwoar!) as Batman (double phwoar!).

But aside from the babe-fest which this film will inevitably be, I'm really looking forward to it for other reasons too. I think it's really gonna capture the darkness of Batman. It should be good! (But let's face it... it can't really be worse than the last two.)
whixie
QUOTE (whitey @ Mar 24 2005, 02:19 AM)

Very nice. Still not too convinced about Bale but hopefully I'll be proved wrong.
Lazlo Woodbine
QUOTE (whixie @ Apr 24 2005, 01:10 PM)
Very nice.  Still not too convinced about Bale but hopefully I'll be proved wrong.

What?? He's perfect for the role!
whixie
QUOTE (Lazlo Woodbine @ Apr 24 2005, 01:50 PM)
What??  He's perfect for the role!

Well, I hope he'll be good. I just don't see him in it.
flakmonkey
QUOTE (Lazlo Woodbine @ Apr 24 2005, 12:50 PM)
What??  He's perfect for the role!

Seconded! biggrin.gif
Lazlo Woodbine
QUOTE (whixie @ Apr 24 2005, 01:51 PM)
Well, I hope he'll be good.  I just don't see him in it.

You're wrong and you're outvoted. tongue.gif
flakmonkey
Speaking of the delightful Mr Bale, has anyone seen The Machinist at all?
MissingPlanet
QUOTE (flakmonkey @ Apr 24 2005, 02:04 PM)
Speaking of the delightful Mr Bale, has anyone seen The Machinist at all?

Yep, though I was more concerned with Jennifer Jason-Leigh than CB. The amount of weight he lost for the role was astounding. The film itself is good, but not great.
It reminded me of Jacob's Ladder, which is a better film IMHO.
flakmonkey
QUOTE (MissingPlanet @ Apr 24 2005, 02:31 PM)
Yep, though I was more concerned with Jennifer Jason-Leigh than CB. The amount of weight he lost for the role was astounding. The film itself is good, but not great.
It reminded me of Jacob's Ladder, which is a better film IMHO.

OK thanks for that MP. biggrin.gif
beatoswald
i concur with mr m. planet regarding the machinist.
flakmonkey
When/where/how did you guys see it? Is it out on DVD yet?
beatoswald
it was on at the belmont about a month ago (which is where i saw it). it isn't out on dvd yet.
flakmonkey
Nah I didn't think it was. Cheers though! biggrin.gif
MissingPlanet
No release date for the UK DVD. The film itself still hasn't been released in some parts of Europe (thanks IMDB). Keep an eye on the Belmont - they might do a one off showing or something. Dunno how fanciable CB is in it - it depends if you like the 'walking corpse' look.
flakmonkey
No he looks scarily skeletal in it (that aint my bag, baby!). But I still thought the film looked quite cool.
Bunny Biscuits
Hope Bale can do a good Bruce Wayne, I think Keaton did it best.
nixygirl
QUOTE (Bunny Biscuits @ Apr 25 2005, 09:10 AM)

Yea I'm with you Bunny!
I saw the trailer for it yesterday and I must say.
Burtons Batman was the best of all of them!
And Keatons last good acting job too incidentaly!
luvs nix
widowspider
QUOTE (flakmonkey @ Apr 24 2005, 03:57 PM)
No he looks scarily skeletal in it (that aint my bag, baby!). But I still thought the film looked quite cool.

I haven't seen it but I read an interview with him about it. He said that he got down to about 7 stone (about 100 pounds) for the film. By the time they were filming, his daily food intake was an apple and a tin of tuna. He said just walking across a room left him exhausted; fuck knows how he survived a whole film shoot on that. Amazing.
flakmonkey
QUOTE (widowspider @ Apr 25 2005, 10:05 AM)
I haven't seen it but I read an interview with him about it. He said that he got down to about 7 stone (about 100 pounds) for the film. By the time they were filming, his daily food intake was an apple and a tin of tuna. He said just walking across a room left him exhausted; fuck knows how he survived a whole film shoot on that. Amazing.

I know I read that too. That is true dedication to ones profession! Can't decide if it was brave (or something) or just really really stupid of him...
whitey
New trailer. Lovely new trailer with Batmobile stuff, a good shot of the Scarecrow and plenty of Bale who seems to have nailed it.
flakmonkey
QUOTE (whitey @ Apr 26 2005, 12:04 AM)
New trailer. Lovely new trailer with Batmobile stuff, a good shot of the Scarecrow and plenty of Bale who seems to have nailed it.

Oooh, good trailer! Yeah, I reckon Christian'll do really well. biggrin.gif
Scorpius
New Batman Trailer also here

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/batman_begins/trailer4/
Raven
That looks superb! Roll on June! cool.gif
kiss my empty bag
ohhh i cant wait bal looks soo yummy!
widowspider
Rubbish work computer doesn't have Flash sad.gif
Sir_Robin_the_brave
It's trying to make me install itunes - undo undo!
whitey
And one more trailer:
http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbol/uk/movies/b...lrf4_qt_500.mov

Nolan's really running with the fear theme on this flick.
Draven Grey
QUOTE (Bunny Biscuits @ Apr 24 2005, 06:10 PM)

Based on the 10 minutes of footage I saw at the end of the 90 minute Smallville tonight, I'm very confident in Bale's portrayl of Bruce Wayne, I'm just not sure about his Batman. His voice was kinda lispy when he was talking. I think I'm just in love with Kevin Conroy's voice work on TAS.

Example sadly it's in Real Media Player format.
flakmonkey
QUOTE (Draven Grey @ May 19 2005, 01:54 AM)
Kevin Conroy's voice work on TAS.

Example sadly it's in Real Media Player format.

Mr Conroy, for me, is the epitome of Batman's voice! He's brilliant. biggrin.gif
Raven
Didn't think it was worth starting a new thread for this, but I've just found out that one of the best Batman films is out on DVD next month: Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm.

Excellent stuff! cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.