Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Dwarf
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Comedy
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Walsh
QUOTE (Lazlo Woodbine @ Dec 17 2004, 06:00 PM)
I'm trying to quit burning things  mellow.gif

Bury it then, or give it to a hobo, or nail it to a frizbi and throw it over a rainbow. Just don't, for the love of god, do something foolish like watch it!
Jon 79
QUOTE (Lazlo Woodbine @ Dec 17 2004, 04:54 PM)
Im in the process of trying to get each dvd signed by a different cast member.  The trouble is...8 dvds... 7 main cast members.  What should i do about the last one?

Just don't buy the worst series. ... (series 7 ...incase you weren't sure)

Or... get one of them signed by either Mac MacDonald or Tony Hawks. Both have featured in 3 series at least.
ronlogan1977
Or David Ross. He's was the original Kryten and did Talkie Toaster.
AusChick
Can Mr Flibble sign his own name?

Cheers
AC
rabbit57i
You have the creators sign one of them.
Lazlo Woodbine
It'll end up with anyone who i happen to see who is vaguely Red Dwarf connected. Maybe a sunburnt midget.
constantly bored
I can bearly remember watching series 8. Strange I'm sure when it they repeated Red Dwarf on two earlier this year they didn't show it, or maybe I just conveniently missed.

I really hope the film falls through, never thought I'd say that but it will be f**king awful guaranteed. tongue.gif
whixie
QUOTE (constantly bored @ Jan 2 2005, 11:02 PM)
I really hope the film falls through, never thought I'd say that but it will be f**king awful guaranteed.  tongue.gif

You have no idea how much I agree with you on this, as much as I hate to say it.
constantly bored
QUOTE (whixie @ Jan 3 2005, 12:51 AM)
You have no idea how much I agree with you on this, as much as I hate to say it.

I know it's a terrible thing to say, and I hope the film does turn out good, but it won't sad.gif
innercitysumo
Apparently Craig Charles has signed up for Celebrity Big Brother. mellow.gif
constantly bored
QUOTE (innercitysumo @ Jan 3 2005, 10:16 PM)
Apparently Craig Charles has signed up for Celebrity Big Brother.  mellow.gif

Well that could be interesting, finally a reason to watch it tongue.gif
whixie
QUOTE (innercitysumo @ Jan 3 2005, 09:16 PM)
Apparently Craig Charles has signed up for Celebrity Big Brother.  mellow.gif

I saw him walking down my local high street once. I think he lives near me. He was wearing salmon coloured trousers. My sister and I said hi and waved. He ignored us.
Lazlo Woodbine
When i was trying to get Danny John Jules to sign the 3rd dvd i had to fight Craig Charles off coz he kept trying to grab it off me and sign it.
constantly bored
QUOTE (Lazlo Woodbine @ Jan 3 2005, 11:35 PM)
When i was trying to get Danny John Jules to sign the 3rd dvd i had to fight Craig Charles off coz he kept trying to grab it off me and sign it.

Nice to know he's got his feet firmly on the ground tongue.gif
whixie
QUOTE (Lazlo Woodbine @ Jan 3 2005, 10:35 PM)

Just lost a post there. It said: 'Did you know that Danny JJ was one of the voices of the Firies in Labyrinth?' and then some other stuff that wasn't that important.
Lazlo Woodbine
QUOTE (whixie @ Jan 3 2005, 11:40 PM)
Just lost a post there.  It said: 'Did you know that Danny JJ was one of the voices of the Firies in Labyrinth?' and then some other stuff that wasn't that important.

I didn't know that.... I'm not even sure what the Firies were...
whixie
QUOTE (Lazlo Woodbine @ Jan 3 2005, 10:44 PM)
I didn't know that.... I'm not even sure what the Firies were...

The weirdo pink things that could take themselves apart. They do that song: 'Chilly down with the Fire Gang'. They try and take Sarah's head off.
Lazlo Woodbine
Doesn't ring a bell at all. At least having a terrible memory lets you enjoy films as much the 2nd time around. Or 10th or so as in the case of Labyrinth.
Incidentally Willow was on this morning. smile.gif
whixie
QUOTE (Lazlo Woodbine @ Jan 3 2005, 10:47 PM)
Doesn't ring a bell at all.  At least having a terrible memory lets you enjoy films as much the 2nd time around. Or 10th or so as in the case of Labyrinth.
Incidentally Willow was on this morning. smile.gif

No way! Did you watch it? I remember everything about films. Even after years. It's kind of really annoying.
Lazlo Woodbine
QUOTE (whixie @ Jan 3 2005, 11:49 PM)
No way!  Did you watch it?  I remember everything about films.  Even after years.  It's kind of really annoying.

Yeah, i wanted to see what that word you called me meant, but i forgot what it was. wacko.gif
whixie
QUOTE (Lazlo Woodbine @ Jan 3 2005, 10:51 PM)
Yeah, i wanted to see what that word you called me meant, but i forgot what it was.  wacko.gif

smile.gif It was Burglekutt. He's a character. He's not very nice, sorry, I was only using the phrase! He was the one who got pooed on by the bird.
Lazlo Woodbine
QUOTE (whixie @ Jan 3 2005, 11:53 PM)
smile.gif  It was Burglekutt.  He's a character.  He's not very nice, sorry, I was only using the phrase!  He was the one who got pooed on by the bird.

lol, charming tongue.gif
By the way, only half insane?? smile.gif
whixie
QUOTE (Lazlo Woodbine @ Jan 3 2005, 10:55 PM)
lol, charming  tongue.gif
By the way, only half insane?? smile.gif

Have you met any Nepalese people?
Lazlo Woodbine
QUOTE (whixie @ Jan 3 2005, 11:58 PM)
Have you met any Nepalese people?

No....
whixie
I may as well have written half insane/half insane. They're mental. But very cool.

By the way, I tried to find a picture of Burglekutt and failed but I did find this information on the guy who played him, which I thought was funny:

Biography for
Mark Northover

Height
4' 2" (1.27 m)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trivia
Was once denied a job as an elf at Santa's Workshop because the owners of the mall felt that he would scare the children
Lazlo Woodbine
QUOTE (whixie @ Jan 4 2005, 12:01 AM)
I may as well have written half insane/half insane.  They're mental.  But very cool.

Ahh, now i see. I need things explaining to me. sad.gif
Does that mean you're only half cool? smile.gif
whixie
QUOTE (Lazlo Woodbine @ Jan 3 2005, 11:03 PM)
Ahh, now i see.  I need things explaining to me.  sad.gif
Does that mean you're only half cool? smile.gif

Probably. ohmy.gif
Jon 79
Going back to the subject matter....

Would anyone like to buy a Red Dwarf prop off of me?
I have the pokey branding H thing that Rimmer's self-loathing beast uses in series V.
I'm going to stick it on ebay in a couple of weeks, but thought i'd try & drum up some interest first.

Anyone?
whixie
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Jan 4 2005, 12:14 AM)

Sorry!

I have the pokey branding H thing that Rimmer's self-loathing beast uses in series V.
I'm going to stick it on ebay in a couple of weeks, but thought i'd try & drum up some interest first.

Anyone?

Not a taker here but I would be interested to know how much it goes for on ebay if you do do that.
Lazlo Woodbine
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Jan 4 2005, 01:14 AM)

Anyone?

I spent waay too much money over Christmas to be buying things like that.
Jon 79
QUOTE (Lazlo Woodbine @ Jan 4 2005, 11:44 AM)
I spent waay too much money over Christmas to be buying things like that.

Go on. You know you want it.

How about I wait til march to sell it. You'll have got a couple of pay slips by then.
Lazlo Woodbine
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Jan 5 2005, 02:42 AM)
Go on. You know you want it.

How about I wait til march to sell it. You'll have got a couple of pay slips by then.

I'm trying to save money here!!!!!!!! How much do you want for it?
Jon 79
QUOTE (Lazlo Woodbine @ Jan 5 2005, 01:46 AM)
I'm trying to save money here!!!!!!!!  How much do you want for it?

How much would you pay for it?
(bear in mind, there's only one of them, & it's from 1991 - ie. a good era of RD)
Lazlo Woodbine
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Jan 5 2005, 02:49 AM)
How much would you pay for it?
(bear in mind, there's only one of them, & it's from 1991 - ie. a good era of RD)

You're better off selling it to someone else. I really have to stop spending so much money. Red Dwarf doens't mean quite as much to me as it did a few years ago either. I'd only buy something like that if i happened to see it for a fair bit less than it was worth.
Jon 79
QUOTE (Lazlo Woodbine @ Jan 5 2005, 01:56 AM)
You're better off selling it to someone else.  I really have to stop spending so much money.  Red Dwarf doens't mean quite as much to me as it did a few years ago either.  I'd only buy something like that if i happened to see it for a fair bit less than it was worth.

Fair enough. That's exactly why I bought it though. It was an investment. (I hope!)
Realisticly, how much do think it could sell for?
Lazlo Woodbine
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Jan 5 2005, 03:02 AM)
Fair enough. That's exactly why I bought it though. It was an investment. (I hope!)
Realisticly, how much do think it could sell for?

Well i'm no expert. If i were you i'd try and get it signed by Chris Barrie. He quite often appears at Memorabilia fairs etc. I guess it'd go for somewhere between 40 and 60 if you found the right buyer. Maybe more or less. What do i know?
whixie
QUOTE (Lazlo Woodbine @ Jan 5 2005, 02:12 AM)
What do i know?

Not a lot? happy.gif
Lazlo Woodbine
QUOTE (whixie @ Jan 5 2005, 03:14 AM)
Not a lot?  happy.gif

Grrrr! mad.gif
The Good Chap
QUOTE (Marty @ Dec 17 2004, 11:23 AM)
What's all this about the film being set POST series 8? Where did that come from?
It's certainly not post 8 in the script,

Ah right, too true. My mistake I remember reading an interview with Doug Naylor on reddwarf.co.uk ages ago (when all the hubbub about the finished script was up on thier website) and he said it was post 8. However a scurious glance at imdb points out that RD:TM is a "Reboot" that apparently mixes stuff from the TV show and the books. Interesting bit of info up on IMDB one of the characters that is listed is Nirvana Crane, Rimmers love intrest from Holoship, though she isn't payed by the lovely Jane Horrocks this time. sad.gif

Bit of Red Dwarf related info as well. As part of Liverpool City Coucils celebration of becoming capital of culture in 2008 [Rant Mode] much of city is being torn down and replaced by large glass and concrete structures ala Milton Keynes. One of the unfortunate casulaties of this will be the Aigburth Arms, which fans will know is the place where Dave Lister is found in a cardboard box under the pool table.

Also how are people doing with the series 6 DVD easter Eggs? I have found two of them The Danny John Jules cock up in the airlock and Doug, Rob and Ed cartoon in the Gunmen Scene Select. Anyone found anymore?
AusChick
My copy of series 6 just arrived in the post from Amazon.co.uk today
(not actually released in Australia yet)

so I'll check it out tonight and let you know!

Cheers
AC
Baz
Lol I haven't found any easter eggs on any of the dvds so far cause I haven't bothered looking for them. happy.gif

Got series 6 last night and I think I'm gonna have a Red Dwarf marathon at some point.

smile.gif
Jon 79
Genuine Red Dwarf Prop for sale!

Here.

As some of you know, I'm off traveling the world in a few weeks.
If you'd like to buy this prop off me, it'd be a great contribution to my charity. - (The Jon 79 Travel Fund!)
AusChick
Ooh Chris Barrie is so hot in that episode!!

A bit out of my price range I'm afraid John79 (plus the postage to Australia would be insane). Good luck with the sale though.

Been watching my new DVD of series 6. The storylines are really good in this series but the dialogue and characterisation has really started to drop off already by this point. It's all so formulaic and every episode is full of the same jokes over and over with slight variations.
I think the show really peaked somewhere around the middle.

"Ye get old, ye cannot hack it nomore and ye lose it? That's your unifying theory on life?"
"yeah. Beautifully fucking illustrated!"

Cheers
AC
Omniscia
Yeah, I can't afford it, either... I don't know if I'll be buying the new DVDs or not, as at that point in the series, it was really getting quite bland. But it's nowhere near as bad as Series 7 and 8, after Rob Grant left.
AusChick
Yeah, there is at least still *some* good in Series 6.

Cheers
AC
constantly bored
Series 6 was amazing compared to 7 and 8. And which episode was it where they spent the first ten minutes explaining what had happened in the previous episode.

I screamed throughout it. mad.gif
ronlogan1977
Series 6 is one of the best ones they did. Worth owning on DVD.
Jon 79
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Mar 17 2005, 01:32 AM)
Genuine Red Dwarf Prop for sale!

Here.

As some of you know, I'm off traveling the world in a few weeks.
If you'd like to buy this prop off me, it'd be a great contribution to my charity.  - (The Jon 79 Travel Fund!)

Just revised my item.
Only 15 quid! Go on. You know you want it!
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (ronlogan1977 @ Mar 17 2005, 02:07 PM)
Series 6 is one of the best ones they did. Worth owning on DVD.

Went downhill fast after Series V. We had to wait until VIII till it got decent again, IMHO.
Omniscia
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Mar 17 2005, 10:51 AM)
Went downhill fast after Series V. We had to wait until VIII till it got decent again, IMHO.

IMHO, VIII was the worst they ever did. Yes, there were some bright spots -- I enjoyed "Cassandra" -- but runaway android genitalia and tyrannosaurs with explosive diarrhea just don't equal enjoyment in my book.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.