Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Harry Potter Thread
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
Zoe
QUOTE (Raven @ Jan 28 2005, 01:32 PM)
The version of Tom Riddle in tCoS was young because he was a "copy" of Tom as he was when he wrote the diary. 

After making a "copy" of himself in the diary the real Tom went on to become Voldemort and it was he who killed Harry's parents and who was seen at the end of tPS. 

When the "copy" got powerful enough in tCoS it manifested itself in the form it was when the "copy" was made so in effect there were at that point two Tom Riddles - the "copy" from the diary and the older version that had become Voldemort.

Tom Riddle, as he appeared in tCoS, wasn't the same Voldemort that you saw at the end of tPS.

Don't know if that helps!

Ahh, so the physical manifestation of Tom is a copy (rather than the actual Tom of the past), created from the template in the diary, made flesh by draining the life out of small female Weasley...OK I think I get it now.

Still think it's a touch silly, but then it is a Kids' film
Raven
QUOTE (Svein @ Jan 28 2005, 01:37 PM)
I think I see your confusion.  However, if you look at the flashbacks to when Tom was at school, he had already released the Basilisk and tried to blame it on Hagrid and Aragog.  Therefore, the seeds of Voldemort were already taking root.

I also believe that as Voldemort grew in power, his copy also grew in power.

I'm not confused, I know what happened!

I might have explained it badly above but I know how Tom became Voldemort etc (I've read the books as well as having seen the films).

The point I'm trying to make above is that Tom Riddle - as seen in tCoS - isn't the same person as Voldemort as seen at the end of tPS.
Raven
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jan 28 2005, 01:41 PM)
Ahh, so the physical manifestation of Tom is a copy (rather than the actual Tom of the past), created from the template in the diary, made flesh by draining the life out of small female Weasley...OK I think I get it now.

Still think it's a touch silly, but then it is a Kids' film

Cool! I did make some kind of sense then! cool.gif
Amazongirl
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jan 28 2005, 01:09 PM)
EDIT: Oh I almost forgot, what's most annoying and has been in all three films is that fact that everyone's lives revolve around Harry Potter and everything that happens is related to Harry Potter and if anyone stops talking about Harry Potter for more than a minute they get a slap.

As ive said to my friend who has yet to see starwars, its kinda like starwars. Everyone likes Han solo better than luke, just as almost everyone liking Ron more than Harry. Alot of the time we just want the winy git to go away so the 2 love intrests can get together with there quarrels and hidden signs of concern.
widowspider
i'm being dense and can't find the calendar thingy on thesnitch.co.uk with all the pictures. i want to see cedric diggory!
oh, and who is playing cho chang?
Raven
QUOTE (widowspider @ Feb 3 2005, 08:52 PM)
oh, and who is playing cho chang?

Some girl, don't know her name. [/unhelpful] tongue.gif
Amazongirl
QUOTE (Raven @ Feb 3 2005, 11:01 PM)
Some girl, don't know her name. [/unhelpful] tongue.gif

Katie Leung

And this rather lovely fella (who lookswise is as lovely as mr Biggerstaff but I bet doesnt have the sexy accent) is Robert Pattinson Whos playing Cedric Diggory.
No wonder Cho chose him

(thanks mugglenet)
widowspider
wub.gif
ding dong!
Zoe
QUOTE (Amazongirl @ Feb 6 2005, 03:58 PM)

He looks like an ugly Justin Timberlake in a bad wig
Raven
Ooooo Cutting . . . wink.gif

And for those who don't read the news, the next HP book has just passed 100,000 pre-orders on Amazon. One wonders what other mind numbingly boring facts the BBC are going to pepper us with between now and July the 10th . . . wacko.gif
Baz
There's a new picture from the GoF film which can be seen here.

It's rather large just to warn you.
Svein
Large is not the word.... wink.gif
Baz
QUOTE (Svein @ Feb 14 2005, 11:43 AM)
Large is not the word.... wink.gif

Huge

wink.gif
Svein
QUOTE (Baz @ Feb 14 2005, 12:06 PM)
Huge
wink.gif

Tracks o land!
Raven
Does he get to keep the egg in the book? Can't remember now, it's such a long time since I read it . . . huh.gif
Svein
I don't think it's really said. He gets the egg, solves it and does the task and then begins to prepare for the next one. I don't think Ms. Rowling ever really said if he kept it or not...

On a completely unrelated topic... call me a pervert or whatever, but am I the only one who thinks that Emma Watson is going to start breaking a lot of hearts soon. I saw her at the BAFTAS and she is turning into quite the attractive young lady... Could we be looking at another Kirsten Dunst here?
widowspider
oh god, my older brother (who is 25) has been saying this for ages. he was saying when she was waaay too young to be thinking these things. now she's hitting the 15/16 mark it's not quite so scary, but still *shudder*
she is a very pretty girl though.
Amazongirl
QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 9 2005, 09:43 PM)
He looks like an ugly Justin Timberlake in a bad wig

Thats exactly what I thought, but I think he is kinda dashing tongue.gif

(Still love my sean biggerstaff the most, back off hes mine)
Tiffany_Aching
QUOTE (Amazongirl @ Feb 14 2005, 07:17 PM)
Thats exactly what I thought, but I think he is kinda dashing tongue.gif

Can't I share? huh.gif
Zoe
QUOTE (Amazongirl @ Feb 14 2005, 07:17 PM)

Bleurgh - looks like my brother
Raven
QUOTE (Svein @ Feb 14 2005, 01:27 PM)
call me a pervert or whatever . . .

Pervert.

Or Whatever.

tongue.gif
Badger
Is it my imagination or is Harry Potter himself turning into Frodo Baggins?
Baz
The Snitch have psoted up some new images from the GoF film, which have been taken from an up coming HP board game.

Most of the pics seem to be from the final task, so spoiler warnings if you must!

Vicktor Krum

Ron

Neville

Cedric

Fleur
Zoe
Ha! Ron looks like my little brother in that photo.

I'm off to beat him up about it.
Raven
Why does Fleur look familar? Has the actress playing her been in anything else?
Baz
QUOTE (Raven @ Feb 22 2005, 01:21 PM)
Why does Fleur look familar? Has the actress playing her been in anything else?

As far as I remember, she is a French actress, but she has been in a few english programmes too.

not much help there. I'll look her up after lunch.
Raven
QUOTE (Baz @ Feb 22 2005, 01:30 PM)
I'll look her up after lunch.

In your little black book no doubt! wink.gif
Svein
FYI... according to the BBC, Elizabeth Hurley has been cast as Bellatrix Lestrange.

And Clémence Poésy was Mary, Queen of Scots, in "Gunpowder, Treason and Plot" that was on BBC last year...
captain wow
i'm writing harry potter:the vietnam years
Svein
Sorry, not the BBC, it was IMDB.
captain wow
harry will have seen all his friends either blown to shit or had mental breakdowns
Baz
QUOTE (Svein @ Feb 22 2005, 01:40 PM)
FYI...  according to the BBC, Elizabeth Hurley has been cast as Bellatrix Lestrange.

And Clémence Poésy was Mary, Queen of Scots, in "Gunpowder, Treason and Plot" that was on BBC last year...

Nah, Warner Bros denied this a while back. They've been holding auditions, but no one has been cast yet.
Baz
QUOTE (Raven @ Feb 22 2005, 01:40 PM)
In your little black book no doubt! wink.gif

Pocket size you know.

wink.gif
Svein
QUOTE (Baz @ Feb 22 2005, 01:56 PM)
Nah, Warner Bros denied this a while back. They've been holding auditions, but no one has been cast yet.

It was on the IMDB news yesterday as confirmed. Hurley apparantly chased them down...
Svein
Just investigated a bit more and it does indeed look like bollox!
Baz
Which is a good thing because she is shit and we don't want her crap acting in the 5th film!

tongue.gif
Svein
Come off it... she was great in Bedazzled!
Baz
QUOTE (Svein @ Feb 22 2005, 02:14 PM)
Come off it...  she was great in Bedazzled!

I was hoping you'd have on of these ---> wink.gif next to you post, but you didn't. sad.gif

wink.gif
Svein
Sorry... I loved that movie...

It would all depend on the director... After all, Brad Pitt was great in Se7en and awful in Troy!
Baz
You should go and watch the original. It's much better!
Svein
But we're talking about Dudley and Peter there. You can't have a comparison really... One involves recognised comical genius, and the other Hugh Grant's former bint!
Baz
that's very true!

What is Liz Hurley famous for, apart from being Grants ex??
Stella MM
Having a monster baby by Love Rat ™ Steve Bing.
Amazongirl
Im an idiot
Im a Huge harry potter fan and love da lego, yet I still dont own any
(even though I did ask for the hogwarts express twice in a row for 2 christmasses and birthdays)

now look at the latest lego *possible spoilers*

Im steaming up in excitement tongue.gif wub.gif laugh.gif

Goblet of fire lego
One of them they kinda broke the dragons foot
Baz
If you want to see a few pics of Horntail the dragon, then check out the links bellow.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Once again, thanks to The Snitch.
Amazongirl
I was just haveing a look at them earlier today.
Not really sure what I think yet, Ill have to wait to see them in action. Only thing I can say is Im glad there is some puppetry (puppets rule! Labyrinth would be shite if it was remede in cgi) , I hate over use of cgi, mind you I did love LOTR.
Raven
The new book covers have been released!

Go here for further information!

Looks a bit dramatic don't it . . . wink.gif
Ingram
I really like the books but the films make me want to kill myself. I think thats the best way I can put it...
Ingram
QUOTE (Raven @ Mar 8 2005, 07:38 PM)
The new book covers have been released!
Looks a bit dramatic don't it . . . wink.gif

You'd better believe it, she's been writing it for long enough! *shakes fist in mock anger*
Baz
Both the American and UK childrens covers are ace!

I want the book now!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.