Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Harry Potter Thread
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
meh
Wow, just finished it and it was bloody good! Won't say no more though.

Meh I only got 79% for the wee quiz, clearly I'm a bit less of an expert than I thought.
Svein
I am saving my copy for the flight to the US...
meh
It'll be worth it. I hate finishing Harry P only to realise it'll be bloody ages to till I find out what happens next... argh!
Baz
QUOTE (Ingram @ Jul 18 2005, 01:24 PM)
On the ball as always Baz, I assume you like the films.  Can you give me any reason to watch 2 or 3 as I have yet to do so - I hated the first.

2 Is miles better than the first, but is still a kids film, and aimed more at the kiddies.

The 3rd film is the best so far by miles. It's aimed more a the fans of the book, so if you haven't read the 3rd book, you might not understand a few things. It's a hell of a lot darker, and the first time I saw it in the cinema, therre were some parts that made me jump. The acting is a hell of a lot better too, as is the photography of the whole film.

If you don't bother watching 2, you must watch the 3rd one.
Ingram
OK well I guess I'll have to give them a watch, and supress my anger for Grint.
Amazongirl
2nd is the most acurate to the book, 3rd is the best but I HATE, HATE ,hate AL THE CUT N PASTE OF IT. Loooooved buck beak, 100% perfect!

Film 1 sucked, the acting from the beguining was apauling. Rupert grint, Sean Biggerstaff wub.gif (oliver wood) and Alan rickman are the the only reasons i watch it again.
widowspider
QUOTE (Downsy @ Jul 15 2005, 10:03 PM)
Sorry to hear that Rach sad.gif I could always read you excerpts over msn ?

smile.gif

Yes please! Depending on the outcome of my massage parlour job I might be able to buy it in a couple of weeks.
Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (Amazongirl @ Jul 18 2005, 09:25 PM)
Biggerstaff

Best surname ever.
Hobbes
QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ Jul 19 2005, 06:46 PM)
Best surname ever.

What about 'Adcock'?
JeffStuka
QUOTE (Hobbes @ Jul 20 2005, 11:04 AM)
What about 'Adcock'?

Still not as good as Death (apparently it should be pronounced Dee-Aff)
Chapman Baxter
QUOTE (JeffStuka @ Jul 20 2005, 01:20 PM)
Still not as good as Death (apparently it should be pronounced Dee-Aff)

One of my maths lecturers at university was called Dr D'Eath.
Svein
Not as good as "Wanker" though!
Svein
According to Tony Blair during PM Question time today he's "Still waiting for his visit from the Minister of Magic."
Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (Svein @ Jul 20 2005, 03:25 PM)
According to Tony Blair during PM Question time today he's "Still waiting for his visit from the Minister of Magic."

Liar.
Svein
You mean he's already had the visit?
Svein
Oooops.... I guess I can't copy from IMDB
Svein
Not how I imagined Rita to look, but I do want to get me Ron's dress robes!

Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (Svein @ Jul 20 2005, 04:16 PM)
You mean he's already had the visit?

Yessum.
Svein
QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ Jul 20 2005, 04:40 PM)
Yessum.

That lying sack of shit!!!

Next he'll be telling us that there's no WMDs!
Hobbes

Oh yes. wub.gif
Amazongirl
Yeah..my sisters gf thinks shes hot too...
Hobbes
QUOTE (Amazongirl @ Jul 20 2005, 07:43 PM)
Yeah..my sisters gf thinks shes hot too...

There are a full 3 parts of that sentence that make me gawp.
Ingram
QUOTE (Svein @ Jul 20 2005, 04:38 PM)

Oh how they make me angry. I mean seriously, look at him on the far right. Jesus! That is NOT how Fred and George should look! Utter wankers.
Svein
BUGGER SHIT WANKER!!!

I just clicked on the wrong Harry Potter thread and saw something that I didn't want to see!!!!!

FUCK IT!
Baz
A new picture from GoF.

Trio at camp site
sweetbutinsane

Wicked! That dragon is so cool!

Nice dress robes ... *smirks*

She looks vaguely familiar ... She looks like Aunt Josephine out of A Series Of Unfortunate Events ... Or is it the same woman, and I'm just slow? huh.gif

I like the evil look Emma is giving Daniel ... *Practises it on both of them*

I hope Tom Felton is in this movie a bit ... Although, maybe he should change his hairstyle first ... The one he had in PoA was scary ... Other than that, he's hot!
widowspider
QUOTE (Svein @ Jul 21 2005, 10:30 AM)
BUGGER SHIT WANKER!!!

I just clicked on the wrong Harry Potter thread and saw something that I didn't want to see!!!!!

FUCK IT!

I did that too. Now I know a HUGE plot line that I really didn't want to! sad.gif
Chapman Baxter
QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Jul 21 2005, 08:55 PM)
She looks vaguely familiar ...

So I should hope! ohmy.gif

That's Miranda Richardson, Queenie from Blackadder II. She may have the body of a weak and feeble woman, but she has the stomach of a concrete elephant.
Svein
First I'm going to have a little drinky... then I'm going to have to execute the whole bally lot of you.
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (Chapman Baxter @ Jul 21 2005, 10:08 PM)
So I should hope!  ohmy.gif

That's Miranda Richardson, Queenie from Blackadder II.  She may have the body of a weak and feeble woman, but she has the stomach of a concrete elephant.

Oh my God, I didn't realise! laugh.gif How the hell did I not realise that?? I'm slower than I thought ...
Baz
Some more new pics from Goblet of Fire.

Warning, so pics may contain spoilers, and are also quite big too.

Owlery

Some behind the scene stuff

Harry in the Graveyard

Promo pic of Harry
widowspider
Oooo, groovy pics!
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (Baz @ Jul 25 2005, 06:54 PM)

I don't get it ... How come it says "Tom Marvolo Riddle" when that is Voldy??
Amazongirl
Its his dad's
nixygirl
Yep, and Dumby's got his ring.
luvs nix
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (Amazongirl @ Jul 25 2005, 09:04 PM)
Its his dad's

It can't be, because Voldy was named Tom after his dad, and Marvolo after his granda - his mam's dad though, not his dad's dad. That means Tom Riddle senior isn't any connection to Marvolo Gaunt, so why would he have his name as his middle name? I know it's meant to be Voldy's dad buried there, but they seem to have made a slight error with the names don't they?
Stella MM
QUOTE (Baz @ Jul 25 2005, 06:54 PM)

As my father's Sea Cadets Captain (or whatever it is in the Navy) used to say:

"Am I 'urtin you, boy? I should be, I'm standin' on your hair. GET IT CUT."

Tch, scruffy urchin.
spacemonkey

oooh, looky likeys
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (spacemonkey @ Jul 28 2005, 01:53 PM)

That's scarier than that film I seen today ... mellow.gif
Lauren
QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Jul 28 2005, 09:29 AM)
It can't be, because Voldy was named Tom after his dad, and Marvolo after his granda - his mam's dad though, not his dad's dad. That means Tom Riddle senior isn't any connection to Marvolo Gaunt, so why would he have his name as his middle name? I know it's meant to be Voldy's dad buried there, but they seem to have made a slight error with the names don't they?

If i remember rightly from the book, it's voldemorts' physical body, forget not he's merely an essence without a proper body
Raven
QUOTE (Baz @ Jul 21 2005, 07:56 PM)
A new picture from GoF.

Trio at camp site

What is Harry doing with his wand? ohmy.gif
Svein
QUOTE (Raven @ Jul 29 2005, 11:53 AM)
What is Harry doing with his wand?  ohmy.gif

I dunno, but Hermione looks a little shocked and thrilled...
Sean of the Dead
Oo-er...
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (Lauren @ Jul 29 2005, 10:30 AM)
If i remember rightly from the book, it's voldemorts' physical body, forget not he's merely an essence without a proper body

Yeah, but it was Voldy's dad and grandparents that were murdered in the house and buried in the graveyard - in the 4th book Voldy even says "You stand upon the remains of my father ..." (or words to that effect).
Amazongirl
Lets just leave this with "they made a massive cock up"
Clart
Brilliant. Rowling a cynical, exploitative and, it has to be said, slightly dumb marketeer? SURELY NOT.
Raven
He also expressed surprise at Rowling's comments that she only realised Harry Potter was fantasy after the first book was published.

"I'm not the world's greatest expert," he wrote, "But I would have thought that the wizards, witches, trolls, unicorns, hidden worlds, jumping chocolate frogs, owl mail, magic food, ghosts, broomsticks and spells would have given her a clue?"

biggrin.gif
Baz
Another new pic from GoF.

Trio in the common room.
Amazongirl
Yay

One thing theough, can they get a hair cut before order of the phionix please.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.