Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Harry Potter Thread
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
whixie
I just finished reading the Half-Blood Prince today! Finally, I can look through all the Harry Potter threads without fear of it all being ruined.

QUOTE (Baz @ Aug 18 2005, 08:45 AM)
A couple more new pics from the film

Krum and Dracoy

Does Malfoy remind anyone else of Reese Witherspoon there?
Ingram
No but he really creeps me out.
Baz
A couple more new posters.

Hermione

Group
Ingram
QUOTE (Baz @ Sep 11 2005, 01:19 PM)

biggrin.gif

I like that one.
Raven
QUOTE (Ingram @ Sep 11 2005, 06:13 PM)
biggrin.gif

I like that one.

She actually looks far more menacing than Harry or Ron (not hard with the latter), but she's still far too young for you mate wink.gif
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (Ingram @ Sep 5 2005, 08:18 PM)
Not exactly the asian goddess that would lure Harry from all other girls I had in mind, but there again what do I know?!

She's not too far off what I had in mind. She looks more sweet than I imagined. But that's the closest they've got to how I imagined a character to look since the first Dumbeldore (who was perfect, bless him. And he acted exactly how I imagined too).

The furthest off were Harry and Sirius. Gary Oldman is a great actor and everything, but I just don't think he was right for the part. As for Daniel ... don't even get me started on why he's wrong for playing Harry.

But that's just my opinion.
Ingram
QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Sep 14 2005, 08:38 PM)
But that's just my opinion.

I definitely agree with you in many respects. For me Oldman is too good an actor to play that role, if that makes sense. Sirius shouldn't be a complex character, in fact none of the characters in Harry Potter are really 'deep'. I'm sorry but even Harry's 'issues' are so close to the surface they don't even require explanation most of the time. Sirius should have been played by someone capable, no more. Also Oldman doesn't even really look like Sirius... or how I imagined him.
Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (Ingram @ Sep 14 2005, 09:17 PM)
Also Oldman doesn't even really look like Sirius... or how I imagined him.

I imagined for some bizarre reason that Sirius looked like a brown-haired, bearded Sideshow Bob...
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ Sep 15 2005, 04:32 PM)
I imagined for some bizarre reason that Sirius looked like a brown-haired, bearded Sideshow Bob...

mellow.gif ... *slowly* okay ...

I always imgained Sirius to look a little like Johnny Depp in a way ... wub.gif lol!
Baz
QUOTE (Punkass @ Sep 15 2005, 04:36 PM)

Lol that isn't suposed to go live till tomorrow at 2pm. biggrin.gif

EDIT:

Spoiler ahoy.

First look at Voldermort.

EDIT:EDIT:

You can download a Quicktime version of the new trailer here.
Punkass
Just got a chance to watch it at full attention. It looks great, very very dark...I think it will take the cake up to this point. They did throw lots of spoilers in it, but I doubt the people whom have not read the book would catch them though.
Raven
QUOTE (Baz @ Sep 15 2005, 09:31 PM)

Is that pre or post regeneration do you think? huh.gif
gulfcoast_highwayman
By 'eck! That trailer looks good.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Sep 16 2005, 12:45 PM)
By 'eck! That trailer looks good.

What the man said - bloomin' hell it look fantastic!

Sefi x
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (Baz @ Sep 15 2005, 09:31 PM)

ohmy.gif Woosh, that is bloody scary!!
Baz
Another trailer for the GoF which has unseen footage in it.

Download it here.

This is starting to look really really good now. smile.gif
Baz
A few more new posters for the GoF.

International poster

Character poster:

Viktor and Hermione

Harry and Madeye Moody

Ron and Fleur

Cedric and Cho
Igmeister
QUOTE (Baz @ Sep 22 2005, 10:11 AM)

Christ, apart from Harry and Ron they look like they've all walked out the O.C. I thought Krum was supposed to be ugly, not a Timberlake clone!
Raven
QUOTE (Igmeister @ Sep 22 2005, 03:13 PM)
Christ, apart from Harry and Ron they look like they've all walked out the O.C.  I thought Krum was supposed to be ugly, not a Timberlake clone!

I'm guessing Rupert Grint is going to look back at his long haired Ron Weasley days with a shudder when he's older!
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (Raven @ Sep 22 2005, 04:57 PM)
I'm guessing Rupert Grint is going to look back at his long haired Ron Weasley days with a shudder when he's older!

Oooooh, don't let Nicole find out you said that or she'll kill you. happy.gif But I agree with you.
Raven
Nicole? huh.gif
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (Raven @ Sep 23 2005, 08:51 PM)
Nicole?  huh.gif

My "friend" who for some reason thinks Rupert is the hottest guy ever to have walked on this earth and she gets mad when we say he isn't ...
Sir_Robin_the_brave
QUOTE (Raven @ Sep 23 2005, 08:51 PM)
Nicole?  huh.gif

Papa?
Raven
QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Sep 24 2005, 07:05 PM)
My "friend" who for some reason thinks Rupert is the hottest guy ever to have walked on this earth and she gets mad when we say he isn't ...

Ah, I thought you were talking about someone on the forums . . .
Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (Raven @ Sep 24 2005, 07:48 PM)
Ah, I thought you were talking about someone on the forums . . .

I've heard there is life outside this computer screen... but I thought it were mere myth!
Raven
QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ Sep 24 2005, 08:36 PM)
I've heard there is life outside this computer screen... but I thought it were mere myth!

I try to ignore those rumours myself wink.gif
Celticstar
your all going to laugh at me but i've only just read it. Dave bought it me for hospital.

It was ok but far to much lovey dovey crap and not enough gore and magic

i've got to say that i really didn't like harry at all in this book but then i realised how old he was meant to be and realised. He's a grumpy bloody teenager.

i think the last four chapters were the only bits worth reading.

just borrowed a raymond feist book off hubbie so hopefully that will be better.
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (Celticstar @ Sep 25 2005, 01:16 PM)
your all going to laugh at me but i've only just read it. Dave bought it me for hospital.

It was ok but far to much lovey dovey crap and not enough gore and magic

i've got to say that i really didn't like harry at all in this book but then i realised how old he was meant to be and realised. He's a grumpy bloody teenager.

i think the last four chapters were the only bits worth reading.

just borrowed a raymond feist book off hubbie so hopefully that will be better.

Which book you talking about here?
Raven
I would take a guess at The Half Blood Prince.
Celticstar
QUOTE (Raven @ Sep 26 2005, 12:22 PM)
I would take a guess at The Half Blood Prince.

yep thats the one smile.gif
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (Celticstar @ Sep 26 2005, 03:27 PM)
yep thats the one  smile.gif

Ahh, okay. I got confused for a moment there ...

Anyway, I totally agree. I thought Jo's whole writing style in that book wasn't as good as in Order of the Phoenix, and all of the characters seemed to be acting really childishly compared to the last couple of books. The ending was brilliant (but very sad sad.gif ) and I thought, Why couldn't she have written the rest of the book like that?. The whole of the love stuff just seemed out of place to me.

EDIT: Not sure if the above needed spoiler tags, but I put them in just to be on the safe side.
Raven
I didn't like Order of the Pheonix that much as I got fed up with Harry being bratty all the time.

I've only read it through the once and the thought of having to wade through it again is very off-putting.
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (Raven @ Sep 26 2005, 09:35 PM)
I didn't like Order of the Pheonix that much as I got fed up with Harry being bratty all the time.

I've only read it through the once and the thought of having to wade through it again is very off-putting.

Ahh, that's a shame. I thought it was the best one because ... well I don't know - it was just really interesting all the way through, all the characters seemed to be acting more grown-up and it was very exciting and tense at the end (but very sad. RIP Sirius sad.gif ). I thought Harry's behaviour was a little bit annoying, but perfectly justified - I mean, think about what he's been through!

I still love the ending of Goblet of Fire the best, it's brilliant!
sweetbutinsane
Luna Lovegood casting has begun! I'm considering sending in my details ... Probably won't get the part but it's worth a try.
Amazongirl
Im too old sad.gif

Look most like her though more than any other charater (its the dirty blonde hair colour and the look of dottyness).

Mother always said I was a bit weird
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (Amazongirl @ Oct 1 2005, 04:00 PM)
Im too old sad.gif

Look most like her though more than any other charater (its the dirty blonde hair colour and the look of dottyness).

Aww sad.gif

I don't look much like her, but apparently appearance doesn't matter too much. Well that's what a friend says. I can get the dottiness bit right though! smile.gif I'm going to send in a video - or should I say DVD?. I'm working on what I'm going to do right now. I have a few ideas ... I hope the battery in the camcorder will work ...
Amazongirl
PS, Loads of (not brillant quality) new pics on Mugglenet

I know It happens in the book, but the thought of Daniel Radcliff in the bath scares me (I do wish Oliver wood would pop up in the quiddich world cup... wub.gif )
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (Amazongirl @ Oct 2 2005, 03:18 PM)
I know It happens in the book, but the thought of Daniel Radcliff in the bath scares me (I do wish Oliver wood would pop up in the quiddich world cup... wub.gif )

Lol, the idea scares me too - almost as much as Ruperts hairdo (or should I say hairdon't) ...
Baz
Another UK Trailer has come to light with some unseen clips.

Right Click and save.
Amazongirl
*Makes extreamly anoying oooOOOOOooooh noise*

Bouncing ferret!
widowspider
I was born to play Tonks. Have they cast her yet?
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (widowspider @ Oct 3 2005, 05:21 PM)
I was born to play Tonks. Have they cast her yet?

I'm not sure. The Luna auditiony thingy was mentioned on Mugglenet, but that's the only one.
Serafina_Pekkala
They haven't cast Tonks but it shouldn't be long. If they get someone like the girl from The Magdelene Sisters, i'll be happy.

I have heard rumour that the fabulous Imelda Staunton will play Dolores Umbridge. And someone i know reckons this is confirmed (hush hush). She is an excellent actress and has a great range and would do very well.

Sefi x
Amazongirl
Cool!

(likes your new avatar Serafina_Pekkala)
gulfcoast_highwayman
I'm never going to read any of the books but have quite enjoyed aspects of the films, can a proper fan explain something?

What happened to the trememdous wealth Harry had in the first film?

It's never mentioned in the following two pics.
Punkass
It's been a while since reading the books, but he still uses the cash for school supplies and such. I know at one point in PoA he was debating on buying a new broom but ended up not doing so because of funds.

*spoilers for Goblet*

He gets the big reward from winning the tournament, thus helping the twins buy their magic shop. Am I recalling this correctly?
Amazongirl
Yes that is true

He needs to support himself over books and clothes and stuff over 7 years.
In Halfblood he got a bit of extra cash too but im not saying how smile.gif
Chapman Baxter
No, I think he's still got plenty of cash; it occasionally comes up when he's embarrassed by the contrast between his wealth and the Weasleys' poverty.

QUOTE (Punkass @ Oct 4 2005, 06:45 PM)
I know at one point in PoA he was debating on buying a new broom but ended up not doing so because of funds.

Spoiler for PoA: He is thinking about getting a new broom after his old one was smashed by the whomping willow, and goes as far as looking through a catalogue, but before he can get around to buying one, Sirius sends him the Firebolt for Chrismas.

QUOTE (Punkass @ Oct 4 2005, 06:45 PM)
*spoilers for Goblet*

He gets the big reward from winning the tournament, thus helping the twins buy their magic shop.  Am I recalling this correctly?

He does give them the money from the tournament, but that's because he doesn't feel he earned it - he thinks Cedric was the real winner, and doesn't want to take money that was tainted by his death. He tries to offload it a couple of times before the twins accept it. As he tells them, he doesn't need it.
Raven
QUOTE (Amazongirl @ Oct 1 2005, 04:00 PM)
Im too old sad.gif

I'm too old too . . . oh, and the wrong sex . . . tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.