Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Harry Potter Thread
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
Raven
Potter's Potty about Potter!
widowspider
QUOTE (Raven @ Feb 2 2006, 02:20 PM)
Luna Lovegood has been cast.

Also Natalia Tena (Casulty) has been cast as Tonks, Helen McCrory (Count of Monte Cristo) as Bellatrix Lestrange, George Harris as Kingsley Shacklebolt and Imelda Staunton will play Professor Umbridge.

She looks brilliantly odd-yet-pretty - good choice on the looks front. Let's hope she's a decent actor. And Imelda Staunton is a perfect choice for Umbridge. She'll be superb.

QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Feb 6 2006, 01:01 PM)
Natalia Tena (such an unfortunate name - esp. if she suffered from light bladder weakness) was Ellie in About a Boy. I think she is utterly perfect for the role but i would prefer our WS. smile.gif

Sefi x

Ahhhh. I wasn't sure who Natalie Tena was either. She will be good as Tonks I reckon, although thanks for the vote of confidence! It is the part I was born to play, I tells you.
Baz
Well filming may have only just started on OotP, but a few pics have come to light already. Granted they are nothing special.

Hagrids hut 1

Hagrids hut 2
Amazongirl
Hagrid and Umbridge actors get OBE's

Yay biggrin.gif
Zoe
This is why if you're a 15 year old movie star you shouldn't allow drunken snaps of nights out. I know someone who used to work in a photo shop in Canterbury. Orlando Bloom once brought a set of photos in to be developed. He developed them in the hour making an extra copy for his girlfriend - naughty, naughty.

Is it wrong that I like her a hell of a lot more now?
Amazongirl
QUOTE (Zoe @ Mar 7 2006, 01:27 PM)
This is why if you're a 15 year old movie star you shouldn't allow drunken snaps of nights out. I know someone who used to work in a photo shop in Canterbury. Orlando Bloom once brought a set of photos in to be developed. He developed them in the hour making an extra copy for his girlfriend - naughty, naughty.

Ever since chamber of secrets Ive really grown fond of Emma watson. She seems like a sweet girl and shes getting pretttier and less annoying in every movie. Photos show shes as normal as everyone else

My sister's girlfriend think's shes fit.
fatseff1234
ANy news on when the next books coming out?
Jumpin Jack Flash
What a doll! I think she's an angel!

Just my age, just my type! and she has proved that you can get her drunk!
widowspider
QUOTE (Zoe @ Mar 7 2006, 02:27 PM)
This is why if you're a 15 year old movie star you shouldn't allow drunken snaps of nights out. I know someone who used to work in a photo shop in Canterbury. Orlando Bloom once brought a set of photos in to be developed. He developed them in the hour  making an extra copy for his girlfriend - naughty, naughty.

Top lass. Nowt wrong with a beer now and then.

Where exactly did you find those pictures?
Zoe
QUOTE (widowspider @ Mar 8 2006, 01:29 AM)
Where exactly did you find those pictures?

I took them...

Just kidding, they're all over the web amongst other places here and here. But I saw them on a banner ad on my favourite blog Go Fug Yourself, an ad for an excellent film review site Pajiba 'Scathing reviews for bitchy people'.
ronlogan1977
I`d like Harry Potter a lot better if the next film was the three of them drinking cider under a bus shelter taking pause to occasionaly shout abuse at any goth types wandering by before popping behind a shop for wee, a vomit or a joyless
23 second shag with Hermione
Amazongirl
Oh dear.

Mind you, in book 5 Dudley finally makes sence, being a right townie who smokes, beats up kids, vadalises parks and throws stones at cars. I love the first chapter of that book biggrin.gif

They better have the 'great weasley twin moment' in the film or ill be pissed!
Svein
And who, when they were 15, didn't get drunk at parties?
fatseff1234
QUOTE (Svein @ Mar 12 2006, 11:49 AM)

Me, I never went to parties when I was 15. It's only this last year that I've stopped being an unsociable twat.
Baz
QUOTE (Svein @ Mar 12 2006, 11:49 AM)

I was going clubbing at the age of 15!

Those were the days. rolleyes.gif
widowspider
QUOTE (Amazongirl @ Mar 9 2006, 11:53 AM)
Oh dear.

Mind you, in book 5 Dudley finally makes sence, being a right townie who smokes, beats up kids, vadalises parks and throws stones at cars. I love the first chapter of that book biggrin.gif

They better have the 'great weasley twin moment' in the film or ill be pissed!

Quite. He completely makes sense as a chavvy bully.

At 15 I was going on tour with my youth band and attempting to drink my age in pints. Baaad idea. laugh.gif
Amazongirl
I was drinking lambrini mixed with grapejuice at a friends house, scoffing jaffacakes and watching red dwarf. Oh and having crazy silly parties! there too!
Raven
Yay!

Picked up my copy of The Goblet of Fire on the way into work today - I didn't realise it was out until I saw it on Play last night.

That's tonight all sorted then! smile.gif
Baz
Also got a copy this morning from Asda for 12. Already gone through the extras which are okay, could of been much better and I know that they have left out some of the deleted scenes from the dvd. The menus I think are really bad also.
Amazongirl
For anyone who's interested in Harry potter fan art.

Ive mentioned it before but Art Dungeon has fantastic art work on all the books aswell as a few for fan fiction and others.

Its being updated at the mo but the new artwork so far is fantastic.

Be careful of spoilers.
Raven
QUOTE (Baz @ Mar 20 2006, 03:13 PM)
Also got a copy this morning from Asda for 12. Already gone through the extras which are okay, could of been much better and I know that they have left out some of the deleted scenes from the dvd. The menus I think are really bad also.

I had a quick look at the first disc menu at work this lunch time and I must say I wasn't that impressed either.

And was it just me or did the bits of paper coming out of the goblet (in the menu sequence) sound like a Stargate engaging?
Baz
Well it looks like Gary Oldman will be in the OOTP.

Taken from the Snitch.

Gary Oldman's manager Doug Urbanski has eventually signed and sealed a deal for Gary Oldman to reprise his role as Sirius Black in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

"I'm so relieved and happy," said Urbanski. "I can't put my mind in the place of the producers, but I would've thought that when they read the book, a call to us would've been very high on their list. Obviously, the character of Sirius Black is key."

"It's a wonderful role. Gary read the script last night, and he read part of it to me on the phone this morning. The end of the story is: Gary's in it. It's a terrific script, and he's so happy to be back."

Also filming is well under way, most of the stuff that has been filmed is the Slytherins and Umbridge stuff.

Also producer David Heyman says that there should be a trailer for the film before the end of the year and the film will be out around the begining of 2007, with the 6th film to follow in 2008.

They're really getting a move on now with these films which is great.
widowspider
QUOTE (Baz @ Mar 22 2006, 10:43 PM)
Well it looks like Gary Oldman will be in the OOTP.

Also filming is well under way, most of the stuff that has been filmed is the Slytherins and Umbridge stuff.

Also producer David Heyman says that there should be a trailer for the film before the end of the year and the film will be out around the begining  of 2007, with the 6th film to follow in 2008.

They're really getting a move on now with these films which is great.

Eeeee!
Amazongirl
Interesting article in the Daily Mail today by Amanda Platell on Jk Rowling's attack on magazines creating a 'skinny obssesed world' (Pg 19).

Platell has obviously not read the books as she's criticising Rowling that all her 'fat' charaters are negative:-

'So why is it, then, that apart from the giant Hagrid, the only fat charaters in Harry Potter are the repuslive, deeply unsypathetic Dudly Dursley and his mother Petunia, plus thick fatso Neville Longbottom? The main female character, Hermionie, is ravashing and trim...'

First of all, Aunt Petunia is descibed as skinny with a horse like face (Dudleys father Vernon is indeed fat and mean), and as those who have read the books, Neville isnt the A* student in every class, but he has got a brain (unlike Malfoys mates Crabbe and Goyle) especially in herbology, and is a nice and important character in the book, not mean and useless.

I actually emailed a responce to the Amanda Platell with other examples of fat/round charaters that are good or have important roles in the plot, such as professor sprout, the fat friar and Molly Weasley as well as pointign out that skinny charaters are not all nice, like Snape and the Malfoys.

And, apart from in the Yule ball scene, Hermionie has never been described (or have I ever pecieved her) as 'ravashing and trim'. From what I rememeber, girls sneered at her saying she was no beauty, her bushy hair, the constant slump carrying too many books and big front teeth in the early books made her look a little dorky, not 'skinny and ravashing.'

Nice picture of Emma Watson with the article though
widowspider
Poor Hermione.

Quite funny. smile.gif
Zoe
Do you know who's in the Goblet of Fire?

Sorry.
widowspider
QUOTE (Zoe @ Apr 17 2006, 04:18 PM)

Sorry.

Oho yes. Made me happy. Except the tongue thing. Much as I like his tongue, he was making it do not very nice serpenty things. Ick.
Baz
The first promotional poster for OOTP has been released.

It's not the best of quality.

Poster
fatseff1234
QUOTE (Zoe @ Apr 17 2006, 03:18 PM)

Sorry.

Should I know who this is?
Raven
QUOTE (Baz @ Jun 21 2006, 08:42 PM)
The first promotional poster for OOTP has been released.
It's not the best of quality.

Poster

Sorry, but that's really shite!

I didn't think the book was that great, but the poster is worse! tongue.gif

(seriously though, I am looking forward to seeing this in the big screen . . .).
Atara
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Jun 21 2006, 08:17 PM)
Should I know who this is?

HAHAHA Good joke
Raven
Rowling to kill two in final book.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (Raven @ Jun 27 2006, 08:36 AM)

I bet it's Harry and Voldemort.

I bet that the seventh thing that Voldemort put his essence in (can't remember what they're called) is harry's scar.

QUOTE (Atara @ Jun 21 2006, 11:44 PM)
HAHAHA Good joke

No really. I don't have a clue.
maian
I reckon it'll be Harry and Hagrid. She said that one of the two had been given a reprieve in Half-Blood Prince and, if I remember correctly, there was a point where it seemed as if Hagrid had been killed.

Voldemort is bound to die, unless she is willing to go for a very bold ending, but I think she was talking more about beloved characters.
Jessopjessopjessop
I don't even read the books and I know Harry will die.
maian
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Jun 27 2006, 11:33 AM)
I don't even read the books and I know Harry will die.

It's the only logical way for the story to end. If she's limiting it to seven books there has to be a cut-off point, something that will mean she can't revisit it. If Harry doesn't go I'll be sorely disappointed
Chapman Baxter
The first chapter of the first book was 'The Boy Who Lived'. It would be nicely symmetrical if the last chapter of the last book is 'The Boy [Man?] Who Died'.

JKR didn't actually say that two will die in the last book, she said two characters she originally planned to survive will die, and one she planned to die will survive - a net addition of one death to the total, which I suspect will be rather higher than two.
Raven
Yes, if all the baddies get their comeuppance then there should be way more than two deaths! My guess is that someone like Lupin or one of the older Wesley boys will buy the farm at some point during the book just to rack up the tension.
fatseff1234
Ah who cares, aslongas the speccy twat gets it.
widowspider
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Jun 27 2006, 09:51 AM)
I bet that the seventh thing that Voldemort put his essence in (can't remember what they're called) is harry's scar.

That makes a lot of sense.
monkeyman
No it doesn't.

He put his essence into stuff Before he even tried to kill Harry and his family.

At first I thought Harry is gonna die at the end of the book but I have my doubts.
The book is written in..shit I can't remember the term. SIngular Omnipitence or soemthing.It's where the narrative isn't in 1st person but it only focuses on one character and their thoughts.

So the reader can only see/know what other people are doing or are thinking by later revelations.

If he died at the end then the whole narrative structure of the book would have to be altered,maybe I'm just reading into it to much but it would disturb the way the story is told if that happened.

I also think it's be too depressing for Harry to survive so many things,finish his school year and die.Theres still a chance he will,but I am doubtful.

I actually think Ron and either Hagrid or Lupin will die.
empathy-with-beast
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jun 27 2006, 03:14 PM)
I actually think Ron and either Hagrid or Lupin will die.

Yep, Ron has violent death followed by his best friends, one of whom he fancies, copping off with each other written all over his sad, poor start in life, little face.
monkeyman
You.....you mean Ron and Hagrid are lovers!

laugh.gif
fatseff1234
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ Jun 27 2006, 02:22 PM)
Yep, Ron has violent death followed by his best friends, one of whom he fancies, copping off with each other written all over his sad, poor start in life, little face.

That'd be something I'd pay to read.

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jun 27 2006, 02:14 PM)
No it doesn't.

Pffft!

It makes perfect sense to me.

The only way that Harry can kill Voldemort is to kill himself, classic teary-eyed generic bollocks that's a "decent" not-predictable-at-all-twist at the end of the series.

Oh and when's the next book coming out? It's usually around summer isn't it.
maian
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Jun 27 2006, 04:01 PM)
Pffft!

It makes perfect sense to me.

The only way that Harry can kill Voldemort is to kill himself, classic teary-eyed generic bollocks that's a "decent" not-predictable-at-all-twist at the end of the series.

Oh and when's the next book coming out? It's usually around summer isn't it.

The point he made was that Voldemort had put his essence into the objects before he encountered Harry, so it's unlikely to be in his scar .

No date for the new book, though next summer is as good as guess as any.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (maian @ Jun 27 2006, 03:04 PM)
The point he made was that Voldemort had put his essence into the objects before he encountered Harry, so it's unlikely to be in his scar .

No date for the new book, though next summer is as good as guess as any.

Yeah but I chose to ignore that because he proved me wrong.

And damn, I was hoping for this year. Oh well.
monkeyman
I'm sorry for proving you wrong.

Let's get naked and take amusing photographs.
Baz
Haven't posted in here for a while. Lots of stuff has gone on, loads of pictures which can be found on the Snitch galleries.

Plus Warner Bros have announced the release date for the OOTP trailer.

The Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix theatrical teaser trailer will debut in theatres on November 17th. The trailer can only be seen in front of the Warner Bros. comedy adventure film, Happy Feet. Check it out in theatres this November!

So keep an eye out for it.
monkeyman
I didn't catch the movie of Goblet of Fire was it any good?

I reckon Dumbledore or Sirius will come back in some form in the next book. That was apparantly one of the spells/potions that could be made with a Phoenix so surely Fawkes will come back into the story for that kind of thing somehow.
maian
Monkeyman: I personally despised Goblet Of Fire but others enjoyed it.

Edit: Damn those cheeky mods removing their mistakes to appear perfect...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.