Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Harry Potter Thread
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
fatseff1234
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jun 27 2006, 04:03 PM)
I'm sorry for proving you wrong.

Let's get naked and take amusing photographs.

Ok.
Raven
Lazlo Woodbine
Not a bad tagline.
Baz
QUOTE (Raven @ Nov 17 2006, 09:10 AM)

Looking very good and the trialer will be at cinemas today with the film Happy Feet.
tomassicarter
Can someone help,

I haven't seen or read anything of Harry Potter, but I get the train to work every day to Kings Cross.

What's with the Platform 9 3/4? Someone said it's something to do with Harry Potter...
monkeyman
It's the platform they have to take to catch the Hogwarts Express which takes them to Hogwarts.

It's hidden through a barrier between Platform 9 and 10. They sort of have to walk through it Nonchalantly without anyone noticing. Bit silly really as it is the kind of thing that would get noticed thoguh i guess it could be rationalised that there are anti muggle spells on it.
[/Geek]
widowspider
QUOTE (Raven @ Nov 17 2006, 09:10 AM)

Can I just say:

Squeeeee.
Baz
Well the trailer will be viewabl on line from Monday on the Warner Bros site.

Also the The Snitch has a load of high res pics from the trailer - warning there are spoilers in the pics.
widowspider
QUOTE (Baz @ Nov 17 2006, 11:13 PM)
Well the trailer will be viewabl on line from Monday on the Warner Bros site.

Also the The Snitch has a load of high res pics from the trailer - warning there are spoilers in the pics.

Eeeee! I think my favourite one is of the Dursley's, because Dudley is all middle-class gansta boy. Brilliant costuming. biggrin.gif
maian
QUOTE (tomassicarter @ Nov 17 2006, 10:12 AM)
Can someone help,

I haven't seen or read anything of Harry Potter, but I get the train to work every day to Kings Cross.

What's with the Platform 9 3/4? Someone said it's something to do with Harry Potter...

The funny thing being that they've put a shit trolley between platforms 8 and 9 like utter twunts. No sense of fractions these days.
Baz
It's offical now, the title of book 7 has been released - it's all over the Harry Potter sites and also on the offical site.

Book 7 title is........

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
widowspider
Squeee!
mcraigclark
Woo!
NiteFall
Damn! I just lost 5 betting it would be Harry Potter and the Psychiatrists Couch, where it's discovered that all of his adventures as a wizard were in fact delusions brought about by the trauma of seeing his parents killed by an intruder.

Actually, that would make more sense as the last book in the series wouldn't it?
maian
Ooh, now that's a name! Much better than ''Half-Blood Prince''. Not that the name is all that important, but it does affect my excitement about the book.
monkeyman
I don't like the name much.

It is too lengthy, but it does create excitement within me. It sounds all dark and sinister.

Who bets Draco sacrifices himself to save Harry in the end?
purple prole
QUOTE (Baz @ Dec 21 2006, 02:25 PM)
Book 7 title is........

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

I can already picture the joke cartoons. Images of Grim Reapers entering a room and saying "Hallo"
widowspider
A bunch of behind the scenes clips
Baz
QUOTE (Raven @ Feb 1 2007, 01:00 PM)

Woooooo smile.gif
widowspider

QUOTE (Baz @ Feb 1 2007, 01:57 PM)
Woooooo smile.gif

Woooo and, if I may add, squeeee! smile.gif
maian
Yay!

Edit: I've just noticed that in that article it says that ''the series has spawned five blockbuster movies''. Jumping the gun a bit on Order Of The Phoenix, aren't they?
Raven
QUOTE (widowspider @ Feb 1 2007, 02:12 PM)
squeeee! smile.gif

I just knew you'd do that! tongue.gif
widowspider
QUOTE (Raven @ Feb 1 2007, 02:41 PM)
I just knew you'd do that! tongue.gif

Someone has to be a pathetic fangirl around here.
Chapman Baxter
QUOTE (widowspider @ Feb 1 2007, 02:43 PM)
Someone has to be a pathetic fangirl around here.

And someone has to be a pathetic fanboy. When I read the news my first thought was, 'Phew, at least she's not releasing it when I'm on my honeymoon'. Because, you know, waiting a week or two to read it would have put a bit of a dampener on the holiday.
widowspider
QUOTE (Chapman Baxter @ Feb 1 2007, 02:52 PM)
And someone has to be a pathetic fanboy. When I read the news my first thought was, 'Phew, at least she's not releasing it when I'm on my honeymoon'. Because, you know, waiting a week or two to read it would have put a bit of a dampener on the holiday.

laugh.gif
Serafina_Pekkala
New book for summer. Sounds exciting. Hallows of Death indeed.

I hope someone good dies.***

Sefi x

*** not really.
monkeyman
I remember thinking that it would be a fitting end if Harry died to save the world from Voldemort and some heinous plan he was setting in motion. But I doubt that would happen, it'd be a bit too depressing.
Not to mention that the style the book is written in (i forget the term, it's something omnipitence) which is where the narration follows only harry and tells the reader what he sees and his thoughts, it never shows something that Harry wasn't witness to, or remembering in his head. So If he died the narrative style would change and I doubt that would happen.

I do reckon Malfoy will die doing something good though, it would be a cliched fitting end.
Raven
Will the last chapter being called The Boy Who Died? huh.gif

Personally, my money is on Snape and Neville.
Chapman Baxter
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Feb 1 2007, 03:32 PM)
So If he died the narrative style would change and I doubt that would happen.

Well, wasn't there a chapter in Half Blood Prince that did violate this style? It was called 'Spinners End', or something - the one when Snape made the Unbreakable Vow with Narcissa.
widowspider
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Feb 1 2007, 03:32 PM)
I remember thinking that it would be a fitting end if Harry died to save the world from Voldemort and some heinous plan he was setting in motion. But I doubt that would happen, it'd be a bit too depressing.
Not to mention that the style the book is written in (i forget the term, it's something omnipitence) which is where the narration follows only harry and tells the reader what he sees and his thoughts, it never shows something that Harry wasn't witness to, or remembering in his head. So If he died the narrative style would change and I doubt that would happen.

I do reckon Malfoy will die doing something good though, it would be a cliched fitting end.

It's called the omnipresent narrator and, while it often follows the main character, it also allows the author licence to move around the set, as it were.

QUOTE (Chapman Baxter @ Feb 1 2007, 03:46 PM)
Well, wasn't there a chapter in Half Blood Prince that did violate this style? It was called 'Spinners End', or something - the one when Snape made the Unbreakable Vow with Narcissa.

That being a good example.
curtinparloe
Just read this on Yahoo:

"Two top U.S. writers, John Irving and Stephen King, were sufficiently concerned about the fictional hero's fate to urge Rowling to spare him."

I like the idea of Stephen King reading Half-Blood Prince and getting a bit scared. He'll have forgotten what that's like.
monkeyman
QUOTE (Chapman Baxter @ Feb 1 2007, 04:46 PM)

Thats true. I'd forgotten about.

QUOTE (widowspider @ Feb 1 2007, 05:12 PM)
It's called the omnipresent narrator and, while it often follows the main character, it also allows the author licence to move around the set, as it were.
That being a good example.

I thout it was called something slightly different when it follows just one character?
I realise my point has been somewhat nullified by what Chapman pointed out now though.
sweetbutinsane
I got to Mugglenet first, but "squee" anyway! I've rather gone off the series over the past two years, but I still can't wait to see how it all ends!!
Imlovinit

Hooray! smile.gif
sweetbutinsane
Just read this on Mugglenet:

Waterstone's has announced plans to set up a special helpline for fans after Deathly Hallows comes out this summer. JKR revealed in June that two more characters would die (who she hadn't intended on dying), and the UK book chain says "this could be a similar moment to when Take That split up - there could be a lot of upset teenagers out there. We are looking to set up a helpline for them."

wacko.gif I always thought I was super obsessive over things, but I would never be "upset" just because a book series ended. It's sort of nice to know there are people more obsessive than me.
monkeyman
I remember reading about a bunch of death threats and whatnot that Arthur Conan Doyle got after he attempted to end the Sherlock Holmes stories.

People are just weird sometimes.
Atara
It is insanity isn't it, we have known for a long time it was, erm....7? books! I also thought from the start Harry would maybe die at the end.
monkeyman
I don't think she'll do it though, it'd be well depressing.
Like the directors cut ending of Evil Dead 3.
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Feb 2 2007, 06:53 PM)
I remember reading about a bunch of death threats and whatnot that Arthur Conan Doyle got after he attempted to end the Sherlock Holmes stories.

Yeah, I think I read that somewhere too.

I just can't understand what makes people go that far. I mean, fair enough crying a bit at the end if it's sad and maybe feeling a slight twinge of sadness for a day or so that it's all over, but needing a helpline or sending death threats? Anybody who does do that most likely needs proper psychiatric help.
Imlovinit
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Feb 2 2007, 06:53 PM)

But if they had carried out thier threats then he would be dead and wouldn't beable to write anymore anyway. wacko.gif laugh.gif
thirtyhelens
HA!

Author J.K. Rowling finished writing the final book in the fantasy franchise three weeks ago - and marked the occasion by leaving graffiti in a Scottish hotel. Eagle-eyed guests at the five-star Balmoral Hotel spotted a line from the best-selling author scrawled in black pen on the back of a marble bust in a room Rowling occupied. She wrote, "J.K. Rowling finished writing Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows in this room (652) on Jan 11th 2007." Rowling yesterday revealed the book, the seventh in the series, will be released on July 21.

How very rock and roll of you, Jo. Next thing you know she'll be chucking TVs off balconies.
mcraigclark
^ That's great. I suspect that room will command a premium price now.
monkeyman
I wonder if any of the characters will get laid.
sweetbutinsane
Reserved my copy today!
empathy-with-beast
Is it me or is there somethng inexpressible unwholesome about this?
mcraigclark
Not just you, Lewis. *shudder*
empathy-with-beast
I'm watching it again to check how unwholesome it is.

Edit: Look at the bit where they age Draco's face! No one's should change that much in such a short space of time! It's like he's got some weird premature aging disease!

Edit2: And the other versions next to it on the page, they aren't copies of the same video but rather other edits of Harry Potter footage that people have set to that music.....frightening people.
mcraigclark
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ Feb 27 2007, 08:04 PM)
I'm watching it again to check how unwholesome it is.

Edit: Look at the bit where they age Draco's face! No one's should change that much in such a short space of time! It's like he's got some weird premature aging disease!

I thought the same! Well, not the disease part, but he did grow out of the baby-faced stage very quickly.
empathy-with-beast
And the other versions next to it on the page, they aren't copies of the same video but rather other edits of Harry Potter footage that people have set to that music.....frightening people.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.