Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Harry Potter Thread
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
melzilla
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ Feb 28 2007, 12:52 AM)
Is it me or is there somethng inexpressible unwholesome about this?

yea...it would be fascinating to know who spends their time making things like that and how they get hold of the necessary equipment when in residential care? laugh.gif
monkeyman
She can eat me any time she likes.

I am so going to hell sad.gif
Atara
She actually reminds me of the wee girl in Shameless, but less like an alien.

bless her, if only she could act.
empathy-with-beast
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Feb 28 2007, 05:14 PM)
I am so going to hell sad.gif

She's still older that friend of yours sister isn't she? It's not like she's Dakota Fanning or anything.

What is bad is the way the images of her at seventeen are all mingled up with the one's of her at twelve. It's a wrong-wank to paedo-wank minefield.

And in searching for the correct spelling of "Dakota" Lewis of course discovered all the Dakota Fanning fan sites. The internet juust gets scarier and scarier.

QUOTE (Atara @ Feb 28 2007, 05:32 PM)
bless her, if only she could act.

I actually think she's not a bad actress. Her line delivery is pretty good from the first film onward, especially compared to the other kids.
stinketta
It's wrong to find her attractive, not because of her age, but because she is so very annoying.

And, no, she can't act either.
gulfcoast_highwayman
And her acting is getting worse.

Her delivery in the last one of 'Everythings going to be different now, isn't it' was terrible. I groaned in the cinema*.

*not something to do if you are watching a kids film, you get all kinds of looks...........
empathy-with-beast
You're only jealous because she pipped you at the post for that part Stinky. With your, as HK pointed out "just turned twenty but doesn't look a day over twelve" thing going on you could have become Harry Potter's answer to Gary Coleman.

Wachoo talking about Voldemort?

I don't think you look twelve, I wouldn't like to have to deal with the implications of me thinking you looked twelve.
stinketta
Aha ha ha.

You make me laugh so I will try and forgive you for liking the little bint.
empathy-with-beast
Will you wear the cape I've bought for you?

and say "it's Winagarium leviohsa, not Wimgarium leviosa"
maian
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ Feb 28 2007, 05:46 PM)
Will you wear the cape I've bought for you?
and say "it's Winagarium leviohsa, not Wimgarium leviosa"

Why is it that despite the rest of the stuff you have said on here, this is the thing that I find most disturbing?
empathy-with-beast
Because it's mixed in with me telling you about your sister and the naked day?
gulfcoast_highwayman
Does acting skill sometimes reduce with puberty?

Neville, that Irish lad, Hermione and Ron are all getting worse as they age.

Ron's twin brothers were always shocking.
empathy-with-beast
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Feb 28 2007, 05:56 PM)
Ron's twin brothers were always shocking.

You try and find a pair of giant ginger teenage twins who can also act.
monkeyman
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ Feb 28 2007, 06:33 PM)
She's still older that friend of yours sister isn't she? It's not like she's Dakota Fanning or anything.

Indeed she is older.
By a few months. But still.

Also you are so right about that movie, mixing up the later lcips with earlier clips is alls orts of wrong.
maian
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ Feb 28 2007, 05:55 PM)
Because it's mixed in with me telling you about your sister and the naked day?

That'd probably be it.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ Feb 28 2007, 05:58 PM)
You try and find a pair of  giant ginger teenage twins who can also act.

That would make a great variance of the X Factor format.
Atara
None of the kids are any good, Radcliffe is awful too. I hear he is goo did Equus, but really, all the kid actors are pretty dire.
empathy-with-beast
What about Dakota Fanning? The people from www.lovelydakota.com seem to think she's pretty good.
gulfcoast_highwayman
I think Dakota is good actress but nowhere near as good as the little lass who plays Belle Dingle in Emmerdale.

She's brilliant for one so young.
maian
Anna Paquin was pretty good as a kid, though Oscars aren't necessarily the best way to judge someone's acting ability.
Atara
Oh, I meant kid actors in Harry Potter exclusively.

Hermoine and those twins being the worst. Ron is okay, his face amuses me.
empathy-with-beast
I feel like we were watching different films.
stinketta
QUOTE (maian @ Feb 28 2007, 05:53 PM)
Why is it that despite the rest of the stuff you have said on here, this is the thing that I find most disturbing?

He has gone too far this time.
empathy-with-beast
Really? This is worse than saying I want to break your feet and then have sex with them?
widowspider
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ Feb 28 2007, 05:58 PM)
You try and find a pair of  giant ginger teenage twins who can also act.

They aren't even naturally ginge. Their hair is dyed.
Atara
QUOTE (widowspider @ Feb 28 2007, 07:36 PM)
They aren't even naturally ginge. Their hair is dyed.

Why would you do that to yourself.... tongue.gif
mcraigclark
QUOTE (Atara @ Feb 28 2007, 03:15 PM)
Why would you do that to yourself....  tongue.gif

Shut it. wink.gif
melzilla
*peeps out from behind mcraigclark and shakes fist*
"Yeeeaahhh!!" laugh.gif tongue.gif
Baz
Today Bloomsbury have released the adult and child covers for the book 7.

WARNING POSSIBLE SPOILERS

If you want to see the full length covers then click the links bellow.

UK childs cover

UK adults cover

US cover

You can see the full US cover here.
widowspider
Oooh, I like the adult's one. The children's one is a bit shit though.
Kick in the Head
The covers always look cack - it's a wonder anyone bought any of them in the first place (yes, yes, "can't judge a book by it's cover", yadda, yadda, yadda).

Hermione looks like a blow-up doll and Harry looks like Napoleon Dynamite with Ninja Hands.
Raven
So I'm guessing they end up in Gingots at some point then . . . tongue.gif

The kiddy cover does look remarkably bad, but I'll buy it so it matches the rest of ones I have.
maian
QUOTE (Raven @ Mar 28 2007, 05:14 PM)
So I'm guessing they end up in Gingots at some point then . . . tongue.gif

The kiddy cover does look remarkably bad, but I'll buy it so it matches the rest of ones I have.

Same here. I've got to have them all nice and matching.
GundamGuy_UK
Man, that is bad. At least I won't be paying. My Mum and my sister always get them on release day, then I read whoever finishes firsts book. Which is handy, as my sister can work through one in a day.

The American one's alright though. Doesn't really say anything other than the fact that Harry is in it, but it's a decent drawing at least.
monkeyman
Who is that holding Harry's shoulder? Dobby perhaps?
And is that Gryffindors sword?
Baz
NEW TRAILER

It looks sooooo good.
empathy-with-beast
It does, apart from the bit with the twins on broomsticks which looks like a throwback to the CGI from the first film and is coupled with their awful unable to act faces.
Serafina_Pekkala
It certainly looks pretty cool. Hermione still can't act to save her life but Fiennes looks excellent. And more Oldman - yay. I like the small glimpses of Bellatrix (I think she was cast v.well) and Cho Chang with her accent is very KT Tunstall. Promising. The cast photos on that page are interesting too.

I'm curious as to how Luna and Tonks will turn out. One character i love - the other totally annoys me.

And Jason Isaacs.

coupled with their awful unable to act faces.

I loathe that pair of fuggers. COmpletely wrong for the characters.

Sefi x
empathy-with-beast
I don't know how you can single out Hermione as the one out of all of them that can't act...I'm guessing that both Luna and Tonks are going to become real blink and you'll miss them characters.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ Apr 25 2007, 09:19 AM)
I don't know how you can single out Hermione as the one out of all of them that can't act...

Quite. Probably because my sis says "I am in a school play!" in an amusing fashion whenever Emma Watson is on screen. They are all quite amateurish but some less so than others.

The twins are the lowest of the low. They have the gangly limbs of Praying Mantis.

Sefi x
empathy-with-beast
I've said the same thing a couple of pages back I'm sure but I really think she's the only one out of the kids that can act at all...She's mannered but she's mean to be mannered. But my last posts last night were about Hermione Granger and I've got up this morning and have started posting about Hermione Granger again, I'm starting to make myself a little queasy so I'm going to stop now.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ Apr 25 2007, 09:31 AM)
But my last posts last night were about Hermione Granger and I've got up this morning and have started posting about Hermione Granger again,  I'm starting to make myself a little queasy so I'm going to stop now.

This means you really love her. What with Jessop and his Claire Bennett fascination, tis a jailbait theme today. biggrin.gif

Sefi x
empathy-with-beast
She just comes up a lot in conversation...And on Youtube.
Baz
QUOTE (Baz @ Apr 25 2007, 09:04 AM)
NEW TRAILER
It looks sooooo good.

Sorry, I posted the wrong trailer, that one was the first trailer released a while back.

Good news though is their are two new trailers!

New trailer 1

New trailer 2 - Quicktime

New trailer 2 - Media player
NiteFall
Bloody Harry Potter. Work is going to be nightmarish when this bastard film gets released. Sodding kids.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Apr 25 2007, 11:05 AM)
Bloody Harry Potter. Work is going to be nightmarish when this bastard film gets released. Sodding kids.

Grumpy! smile.gif

Sefi x
NiteFall
Apparently on the release day of the last film we had over 6000 customers. And I can guarantee you that at least 78% of them were mouth breathing troglodytes or their barely controlled hellspawn brats.

I'm so suited for customer service, aren't I?
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Apr 25 2007, 11:19 AM)
I'm so suited for customer service, aren't I?

Where do you work? Edit - I think you told me already. You will be busy for sure.

Sefi x
Baz
JK Rowling does final book signing.

Could be interesting, I've entered.
Baz
QUOTE (Baz @ May 24 2007, 09:26 AM)
JK Rowling does final book signing.

Could be interesting, I've entered.

Looks like I'll be meeting said author on the night of the release of the final book.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.