Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Message from Simon Pegg
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > News
Pages: 1, 2
Downsy
Dearest Spaced Folk,

Well it's nearly 2005, almost 3 years since the second series of Spaced aired and yet here we are. It is nothing less than a thrill to know that this community still thrives with chat and debate and daftness. My thanks go out to Downsy for helping to get the forum back up and running after a brief hiatus. Again, our apologies for that, sorry it didn't get back on its feet sooner.

My thanks must also go out again to those selfless souls who lent their groans and stumbles to Shaun of the Dead. You presence in the film though sometimes arduous I know, was utterly invaluable to us and gave the movie a much needed population of the all those important ghouls. Thank you so much.

Next year, we hope to bring you more exclusive 'you set the questions' interviews with Spaced cast members, including NIck Frost, Julia Deakin, Katy Carmichael, Peter Serafinowicz and Michael Smiley, we're also hoping to publish a book of the Spaced scripts complete with an unflimed episode and all new pictures and games and puzzles and shit and that. Although a third series is hard to promise, Jessica and myself discuss it a lot and even wrote the first scene of episode one on the day we shot the location tour for the DVD, so inspired were we by our old haunts. Hopefully, one day we'll do something.

In the meantime, from myself, Jessica, Edgar and the gang, have a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Peace and love as ever,

Simon
Lazlo Woodbine
It's so good to know all the fans are appreciated smile.gif It's just one of the many reasons that make Spaced so special. I feel all warm inside after that lovely mesasage. If Simon ever reads these posts i'm sure he'll be glad to know we wish him a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too.
Stella MM
Eeyy! Thanks for that, Simon, you great big legend you. Have an excellent Christmas yourself.
cky2k
That was nice of him, i'm hoping for the third series for christmas, fuck my two front teeth.
ipse dixit
QUOTE (cky2k @ Dec 21 2004, 09:35 PM)
fuck my two front teeth.

That took me to a scary visual place.

Ah, Simon...what a legend.

Well, I wish everybody here festive cheer and all that shyte. I hope you've all been good enough girls and boys for Santa to bring you more than just coal.
pots
happy christmas mr pegg and all the people reading this.
prairiedawn
It's things like this which make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It's great to know that us fans are appreciated, so thanks to Simon for the update and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all the gang!
spacegurl
do you think simon actually visits the forum from time to time?
Jubei
QUOTE (spacegurl @ Dec 21 2004, 11:57 PM)

Heres hoping. Merry christmas Simon, and everyone else on the spaced cast and crew, and on spaced-out.
superfurryandy

I'm almost certain he does.
whixie
Merry Christmas
brianlover
Hope you have a great xmas simon and co hope another series is done miss the show loads although first 2 series still get much use and are loved dearly please make another series good luck with what ever you do
your biggest fan xxxxx
Ade
Oooeee, a Spaced scripts book on the horizon (still), and Scene 1, Episode 3.1 written..... Simon you big tease!
A very Merry Christmas & Happy New Yeah! to you and yours, you brilliant funny guy, you.
May 2005 bring you stuff. And I don't mean SW-Episode III. I mean good stuff.
frostitute
More importantly, when do we interview Nicholas!?
AusChick

In a message he wrote on that Joblo forum thingy, he said that he tends not to look at forums and such. He gave two reasons, one because he thinks that people should feel free to post whatever they want without thinking that he is 'looking over their shoulders' all the time. And the second reason he gave was that even though people like Peter Jackson, Sam Raimi and George Romero have all said that SotD was great, it's still really upsetting to read that John Citizen from Scrotum, Nebraska thinks it's a piece of shit.

Something along those lines anyway.

Cheers
AC
frostitute
But when it's a message board dedicated to your own show, what's the harm in that?
Astrid
What a lovely Christmas Message.
Well I hoope Simon and Edgar get a comedy award for Christmas!
Have a fantastic New Year ( and the same goes to everyone on the forum ).
biggrin.gif
Chapman Baxter
What a star, and what a great Christmas present!

I'd love to get my hands on the scripts. I wonder if the unfilmed episode is the version of 2.5 they talk about writing then scrapping in the third-disc documentary.
Baz
QUOTE (Astrid @ Dec 22 2004, 09:15 AM)
Well I hoope Simon and Edgar get a comedy award for Christmas!

There up for an award tonight at the comedy awards if my memory serves me right. It's on ITV 1, I think around 8 or 9pm?? Have to check to be sure though.

Anyway, thank you Simon for you lovely message. Hope you and the rest of the guys have a great Christmas and new years.

Oh and I hope Nick hasn't be turned [into] by all the chavs in Northampton. tongue.gif
Astrid
Yes the Comedy awards are on tonight and they are up for best Film. Thats what I meant.
Simon was on the preview last night. Only for about 5 mins for a quick interview about the awards.
Also Mark Heap was on due to Green Wing and was hilarious as usual!
Philz
What a nice message! Thats made my Christmas!

Px
Kris
biggrin.gif Merry christmas to one and all! Lets hope 2005 is as good a year as 2004!
bagpuss
Merry Christmas and a peaceful new year to all smile.gif
spacegurl
i hope simon does visit the forum, but either way it was really great to get a message from him. smile.gif

Merry Christmas Simon and congrats on your nuptials!

i hope that included in the forthcoming cast interviews he mentioned there will be one from himself also. rolleyes.gif
Kick in the Head
Merry Christmas Simon and all the Spaced crew, and Merry Christmas to everyone on the Spaced Out Forum! 2004 was a cracking year in terms of Spacedom, so here's hoping 2005 will be just as fruitful!
williambuckrogers
QUOTE (AusChick @ Dec 22 2004, 06:56 AM)
And the second reason he gave was that even though people like Peter Jackson, Sam Raimi and George Romero have all said that SotD was great,  it's still really upsetting to read that John Citizen from Scrotum, Nebraska thinks it's a piece of shit.

depends on how much editorial control you are willing to exert i guess.. wink.gif
voodoolinzi
Awww, what a lovely man he is! biggrin.gif

I can't wait for the Simon and Nick 'ask the questions'.
le plat
Marvellous. Happy Christmas. Fingers crossed for tonight.
buttonmonkey
Merry Christmas Simon and the team and hope you have a brilliant new year smile.gif

I've just lost out on an advertising award so I'm hoping that the guys win tonight smile.gif

Merry Christmas Everyone biggrin.gif
waitingforsimon
Oh what a lovely message! I cant wait for that book and I got my fingers crossed for the SOTD merchandise that has been mentioned in the past!

Merry Christmas to all the Spaced and SOTD cast, and to all you fellow forumers! Lets hope 2005 is amazing and fun for us all! Bxxx
superfurryandy
QUOTE (williambuckrogers @ Dec 22 2004, 01:48 PM)
depends on how much editorial control you are willing to exert i guess.. wink.gif

And a sense of perspective, maybe.
Jessopjessopjessop
Cool message - it's great to hear Spaced is still close to their hearts. The book thing sounds great - and how exciting is episode 3.1? Merry Christmas Simon and all!
Jon 79
Reading Simons message, & indeed all the above christmas wishes from everyone here has made me really happy. It's christmas, & I feel as excited as a child again.

...or maybe it's all down to the amount of wine I've been drinking. huh.gif wacko.gif
holly
wow its really nice to read that message, i love being a fan of something whose creators actually care and are nice its a lovely feeling.

happy festive season to everyone on here, i think its just incited a big group hug
wherearethezombies
Sounds like they need to shoot a few more location tours for dvd's. It really does make a difference little messages like that. if only to obsessed fans who need something to cling on to. merry christmas everyone.
ally
aww what a nice msg from the man himself!

merry xmas to all the spaced cast and crew and all on the spaced out forum! wouldn't it be nice if we could all get together for one big piss up at new years?!!

MERRY XMAS!!!!
AusChick
I really think that part of the appeal of Spaced/Shaun (aside from the fantastic writing, acting, directing, and all that) is that the creators involved seem really nice and down to earth. They actually seem to care about the fans and to understand the fan perspective.

I think that's really important.

Plus, look what a high calibre of fans they attract!!
I can feel the love in this thread. Everyone is so warm and friendly here!
And I hope all of you have a fantastic Christmas and New Year too!

Hugs all round!

Cheers
AC
Jon 79
QUOTE (holly @ Dec 22 2004, 07:19 PM)
happy festive season to everyone on here, i think its just incited a big group hug

*Hugs Holly & anyone else in the vicinity*

(yes, I'm still on the wine)
williambuckrogers
QUOTE (AusChick @ Dec 23 2004, 01:16 AM)
understand the fan perspective.

they know how to work it, certainly!
Jollyjaffaman
Awwwww...it makes me feel all warm inside. But then again, so does brandy.

JJM biggrin.gif
Tyres
Yes Simon is lovely, very sweet of him to send us a message. I think he must be amused to see the things we write about not to mention the ego boost if he saw all the "phwooor" posts about him !
kiss my empty bag
wicked message merry christmas if he sees this which i doubt sad.gif
but hey merry christmas to every one on this forum smile.gif
Nurseswhisperingverses
HAPPY CHRISTMAS SIMON, and all the Peggy loving people. It made me happy to read the message too. Nice to think we're appreciated. Lordy, what a talent. So sorry you never got the Comedy film award - School of Crock indeedy! You'll always be the winner to us. Have a warm fabby christmas with goodies and treats.
x x x
Dance~Colin~Dance
Great to read the message from Simon. biggrin.gif Wishing you all a very merry christmas!!
Ohio_is_for_lovers
Oh my lord, ive just read the message as i have been dead for a while but upon resurection i feel like im dying again, hehe. Im so happy, Simon that was a lovely message and i am awaiting the script book with great anticipation. Oh wow, this is such a great christmas biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif
Amazongirl
AWWWW!!!! wub.gif

Thanks Simon and everyone!
This has been the best christmas ever, and a good year for fans (the only downer of the year being the site going down, but its up now and bigger as well as better)

Hope you all have/ Had a lovely Christmas and a good new year, very excited about the future projects! (ill be watching the quiz on monday)

Your message made my day, beating my nan's dog humping my leg and my mum desparatly trying to give clues in a music by singing very drunk tone deaf.

Will read again tomorrow to make my birthday cool

Love you loads,

Susannah tongue.gif
widowspider
QUOTE (AusChick @ Dec 23 2004, 01:16 AM)
I really think that part of the appeal of Spaced/Shaun (aside from the fantastic writing, acting, directing, and all that) is that the creators involved seem really nice and down to earth.  They actually seem to care about the fans and to understand the fan perspective.

i absolutely agree. i met simon on christmas eve at a london radio station's breakfast show, and he was funny, generous with his time and a real sweetie. anthony daniels (of c-3po fame) was also there and we were both standing there going all geeky over him! 'twas a most strange morning for me, but so fantastic. he was great and i'm now an even bigger fan of his than before.

p.s. in the flesh he is even more gorgeous *swoon*
mooglekexin
late xmas and new year greeting, good luck with everyone's year... suppose that would be a spaced season 3 as thats what everyone here is hoping for...
daisydouble
belated happy new year to all.......let's hope this year brings much joy and happiness......and much Spaced-out-ness (if that makes any sense huh.gif )
spaced cast....I LOVE YOU! wub.gif
nikki
happy happy new year to you all, its nice to see that simon cares about his fans. seems like a really nice guy in general down to earth.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.