Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Big Fat Quiz of the Year
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Cast Watch
Pages: 1, 2
ally
Just been scanning the telly guide to see whats on over xmas and seen a show called "The Big Fat Quiz of the Year" with Simon Pegg in it!

Heat 18-31 December.
The Big Fat Quiz of the Year. Monday 27th December, Channel 4. 9pm
We love a good quiz...a juicy, two-trawl through all the big events of 2004 in celebrity panel game-cum-trivia quiz form. The wonder is that it hasn't been done before, so well done Jonathan Ross and wife Jane Goldman for coming up with the idea and using their production company - Hot Sauce - to put the whole thing together. This means that the quality of guest is rather good too. Television funnyman of the moment Jimmy Carr is the host (you'll be seeing a lot of Jimmy this festive season, since he's also hosting about a dozen 100 Greatest this and Greatest that shows for channel 4), while the teams are made up of a certain Mr Jonathan Ross, David Walliams, June Sarpong, Simon (Shaun of the Dead) Pegg, Rob (Keith Barret) Brydon and the great Liza Tarbuck... Best of all - you only need a pen and paper to play along at home!

why if Jonathan Ross' company produced it is he on a team and not presenting it? and why is that stupid cow from T4 on it? and why do they have to put Shaun of the Dead for Simon - shouldn't every one in the world know who he is?!?!
J.R
Believe it or not People might not have heard of him. Shocking isnt it?

Sarpong is in it as it's on channel 4, same for the reason Carr is presenting
fear_of_pop
Surely he's as famous as David (no show in brackets) Walliams.

Anyway, yay!
Stella MM
Oh, I didn't notice old Ping Pong was on this. Bugger.

Maybe it won't be so bad - perhaps Simon's excess of talent will cancel out Ping Pong's sucking blackhole of non-talent?
spookytwigg
wow. Ross, Pegg, Walliams and Brydon... I'll have to be watching that.
whitey
QUOTE (Stella MM @ Dec 20 2004, 10:27 AM)
Oh, I didn't notice old Ping Pong was on this. Bugger.

Maybe it won't be so bad - perhaps Simon's excess of talent will cancel out Ping Pong's sucking blackhole of non-talent?

With any luck she'll be crucified for every moronic dribble that spills out of her mouth. Ross and Carr can be ever so mean.
Stella MM
QUOTE (whitey @ Dec 20 2004, 02:34 PM)
With any luck she'll be crucified for every moronic dribble that spills out of her mouth. Ross and Carr can be ever so mean.

I wouldn't count on it - nobody seems to object to her on T4. Carr's been on quite a few times and he's never cut her down to size. Here's hoping Wossy'll do the honours.
Philz
Sarpong always sounds like shes been knocking back the wiskey....kind of slurring...then again...saturday morning....I might just be a bit pissed from the night before...

Px
Stella MM
I don't think it's alcohol that's her drug of choice. ALLEGEDLY.
waitingforsimon
OOh I will have to watch that thanks for letting us know! Sounds like fun! I do hope they take the mess out of June Pingpong she does my head in! No wonder kids these days are mental waking up to her in the mornings! Bxxx
ally
*breathes a big sigh of relief* i'm soooooo glad you all feel the same way as me when it comes to the pisshead ping pong!!!
Rob Wells
QUOTE (ally @ Dec 21 2004, 04:15 PM)
*breathes a big sigh of relief* i'm soooooo glad you all feel the same way as me when it comes to the pisshead ping pong!!!

I think she's an extremely talented star.
rebelstar
(you'll be seeing a lot of Jimmy this festive season, since he's also hosting about a dozen 100 Greatest this and Greatest that shows for channel 4)

Quick! Cancel Christmas!
superfurryandy
Never mind Sarpong *vomits*, Carr's an absolute twazzard as well.

EDIT: I see Col's already made a similar point, but it bears repeating.
Stella MM
QUOTE (Rob Wells @ Dec 21 2004, 03:26 PM)
I think she's an extremely talented star.

I do too, in some respects. For example, she's excellent at cackling stupidly and asking inane questions. She's absolutely astounding at flirting badly with all the male guests even when they're clearly bemused/repulsed by her. And she's a top-notch bimbo with a quite breathtaking lack of self-awareness.

A very talented lady.
cky2k
Wow, first Frost now Pegg, quizs are taking over! I'll definetely watch it seems like a laugh.
darkhorse
i wanna put my penis in peggs hole
Stella MM
How lovely. Do make sure you disinfect it first, won't you?
Jon 79
I don't even think the dullness factor of Sarpong's slo-mo mutterings could make this un-watchable.
It'll be cool.
skip 2 the end
Yes! Ross(Legend), Carr(Legend), Walliams(Legend), Pegg(Legend), Brydon(Legend) and whoever other nomarks are on there! 5 of my favourite comedy...ummm...people. As much as I would love Pegg or Walliams to mention Spaced or Vulva happy.gif I know it won't happen. I don't mind that June woman but I don't particularly like her either.

Let's hope Simon is more prominent than Frost was on that Simpsons quiz laugh.gif
MikeP
Cor, isn't it weird seeing Ross on Channel 4?

Only me then? sad.gif
Dance~Colin~Dance
Tonight at 9, Simon Pegg is on the quiz of the year with Jimmy Carr, David Walliams and Jonthan Ross. biggrin.gif
spacegurl
there is already a post about this here smile.gif
Jon 79
QUOTE (MikeP @ Dec 22 2004, 04:06 PM)
Cor, isn't it weird seeing Ross on Channel 4?

Only me then? sad.gif

You don't remember Saturday Zoo then?
MikeP
Nope! biggrin.gif
Jon 79
QUOTE (MikeP @ Dec 27 2004, 04:01 PM)
Nope!  biggrin.gif

Oh, It was really cool. Kinda like the Word.
& it had (i think) the 1st TV apearance of Steve Coogan's Paul Calf. ... About 1993.
PrincessKate
Simon on the stupid BNP inviting a DJ of Afro-Carribbean descent to their annual 'do':

"They are shit and they were expecting a white christmas."

Ha ha
Lazlo Woodbine
It would have been a 1/2 decent programme if they'd rid themselves of the Woss/Jude Sarpong team, that twat Stephen Carr, and the celebrity guest appearances.
Kris
It wasn't too bad. It was a hell of a lot better than the simpsons quiz...
... and for those of you who missed the show, it's on again tomorrow night biggrin.gif
ally
well i must say i was disappointed. am i thick coz i only got 31?! simon and liza were a breath of fresh air on the show as they were the only ones that weren't brown nosing and screaming for attention.

don't get me wrong i like david walliams but he was a bit of a tit tonight. rob brydon i've never really watched him. ppl already know my feelings abt pisshead ping pong (who was surprisingly quite good! must be drinkin some sort of intelligence alcohol!) and jonathan was being his usual self!

simon and liza had clever and funny jokes if only they were allowed to talk more mb the show would have been better?!
holly
i scored 44 i was pretty chuffed but i had some help so maybe im actually just thick!

pegg and liza make a great team wish thered been more of em. i thought david walliams was very funny, woss got on my tits as always. and i have to say without any pretence ive always liked june sarpong. i know everyones gonna hate me and start the holly-bashing and fair enough but i think shes funny and i love her on t4 she makes me sunday mornings cuz i always feel that shes drunk and i love her laugh and shes actually quite intelligent. yeh yeh i know im an easy target c'mon and give me abuse.

i love the trick of writing a squiggle and hoping that u get a point, i did that in my english gcse when i couldnt remember a shakespeare quote!
Lazlo Woodbine
I stopped counting my score after i failed to get a point in January sad.gif
spacegurl
and i have to say without any pretence ive always liked june sarpong. i know everyones gonna hate me and start the holly-bashing and fair enough but i think shes funny and i love her on t4 she makes me sunday mornings cuz i always feel that shes drunk and i love her laugh and shes actually quite intelligent. yeh yeh i know im an easy target c'mon and give me abuse.

you are not alone-i like june sarpong too. i think shes funny and witty, but by god! does she need to eat a sandwich!

the show was good but it did seem to run on a bit. i think brydon and carr were the funniest on the show tonight.
Ohio_is_for_lovers
Yeah, the show was really good and everyone made me giggle except june sarpong, jimmy carr was his usually funny, the whole thing sent me into laughter.....and simon he looked so nice, as did david walliams. Although i thought the clebritites they had on could have been better. It did feel kinda long, i guessed it would have been an hour but i didnt realise it was two...hehe....still neverless i watched it and it was great. biggrin.gif
constantly bored
Well I did attempt to watch it, but got pissed up on something vaguely resembling baileys and spent the majority of the show laughing insanely at nothing.

It might have held my attention longer if Simon had been on it more, instead of focusing so much on Walliams. I mean I like the guy, but he did strike me as an attention grabbing git last night wacko.gif
Kick in the Head
It was relatively amusing.
I got most of the questions right, but it was far too long, Jimmy Carr's jokes were a little flat (probably because he didn't write them), and David Walliams and Rob Brydon just became irritating squabblers. Not enough Pegg and Tarbuck.
Ohio_is_for_lovers
Yes i noticed that too, there was more focus on ross, june, rob and david than simon and lisa....which i was a bit unimpressed by. They should have had more on screenage.
waitingforsimon
I taped this and watched it cos SP looked scrummy on the adverts. I agree not enough of Liza and SP but when they were on they were much funnier and both much better looking than the rest of the cast on there! I enjoyed it to be honest it made me laugh. Bxxx
constantly bored
QUOTE (waitingforsimon @ Dec 28 2004, 04:54 PM)
I agree not enough of Liza and SP but when they were on they were much funnier and both much better looking than the rest of the cast on there!

Here here.
kiss my empty bag
i agree they didnt have enough screenage the were put across as they quiet one at the end while wailliams and ross have a bicker at moments i thought he would have more involvment then jimmy carr would say "moving on" .... mad.gif
Baz
It was an all right programme. Nothing too special, and not that funny in places, but good to watch, even if I didn't get to bed till 1.30. (I watched the repeat last night!)
superfurryandy
It's nice to see someone being objective wink.gif
prairiedawn
My mom watched the last hour with me, she laughed the most at Simon's jokes.

I don't know what that proves, but I'm sure it's something.

She also thought David Walliams was going to punch Wossy in the face.
Kris
I'm sure it would have been a really lame punch, and not quite the 'fight to the death' that I imagined in my head just a second ago...
Starscream`s Ghost
Not enough Pegg, too much Tarbuck. But then I think any appearance on TV for her is too much.

That being said, I think it wasn`t too bad. As soon as I saw Walliams, Woss and Jimmy Carr were on it I knew they`d be the main focus of the show, so no suprise there.
SuperSaiyanStoner
i actualy have to admit i diddnt realy watch much of it!I made sure i was in and free so i could watch it and by the time it got to march i was to bored to continue watching!The couple of sentances simon got in were pretty funny but the majority of it was just mush.It may well have picked up after i stoped watching.Granted i wasnt actualy doing the quiz for myself just watching hoping it would be funny, maybe thats why it failed to grasp me!
le plat
I like Woss, particularly on the radio, but I think he's better on his own or one-on-one than on panels. I have to agree that although I let out a wee snigger now and then I was also largely disappointed because I had expected it to be more comedy than quiz.

Does anyone get the impression that British comedy, at least good British comedy, is all made by a big gang of mates? They all know each other and each other's families. If you see Woss interviewing Gervais, or the many many cameos that pop up in everything half decent, you realise how pally it all is. You'd think that would be a bad thing but it doesn't seem to be detrimental to the comedies themselves. It just gets a bit boring when you watch them on things like this.
constantly bored
I've always thought they all seemed like mates, and definatley ain't a bad thing. We are very lucky that Britain produces the best comedy in the world and America the worst tongue.gif
whixie
I missed the whole thing actually. Aren't they repeating it some time?
rebelstar
QUOTE (constantly bored @ Dec 30 2004, 02:14 PM)
We are very lucky that Britain produces the best comedy in the world and America the worst  tongue.gif

Aren't we just? Sitcoms like My Hero and Eyes Down piss all over rubbishy American shows like Seinfeld, Larry Sanders and Frasier.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.