Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sign the petition!! Simon on The Simpsons
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Cast Watch
JessicaDwyer
Hi Gang,

I got the honor of talking to Simon last night on the phone. Even though I'm sure he thought I was joking, I took him at his word as he said in response to this:

"So since Ricky is doing the Simpsons now we have to get you on there."

"Damn right we do!"

"We have to get you on a Treehouse of Terror, it would be so perfect."

"Start the petition now. "

Well, so I did. Here is the petition that will be sent along to the powers that be over at Fox and The Simpsons. Anyone that loves Simon should sign it. Who knows, maybe we'll actually get them to do it.

http://www.petitiononline.com/hspots/petition.html

Love ya Simon!! wub.gif
SuperSaiyanStoner
man, call him for me, see if he wants to come for a toke!! smile.gif
widowspider
Fantastic idea, hope we get loads of signatures!
waitingforsimon
I think hed be fab on the Simpsons Im signature number 65! Bxxx
sophie_lover
i do one petition and what happens...everyones doin one
kiss my empty bag
im number 71 if that helps : )
joanna
i signed it smile.gif
constantly bored
Signed and number 73
JessicaDwyer
Hey Gang,

Thanks so much for the sigs! I've e-mailed Fox TV with this and I'll be sending out snail mail a printout as soon as we have a few more to Matt Groening's addy.

I hope this does some good and we can get Ye of the Golden Goatee of Power into Springfield.

(hugs all around)

biggrin.gif
hullobrian
I signed it but i think im too late
o well no.94 (shrugs)
Icepick
oh, I was #18
Ohio_is_for_lovers
I was 102, ive kinda been dead for a bit , hehe. biggrin.gif
spookytwigg
103... Sure hope this is still in use tongue.gif
Philipo
Simon deserves too be in the simpsons. Ricky Gervais is going to be simpsonised why shouldent the Peggster cool.gif
thirtyhelens
Bumpin', bumpin', bumpin' this up. Come on, all y'all, let's put this over 200 by the end of the week. You KNOW we could.

franktherabbit
#53...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
MargateSteve
Number 126

Should Mr Groening not also be told of the Simpsons homage in the out-takes of the paintball episode???

Steve
TheGimp
Signature #138.

I don't think he should be in it as Simon, tho. He should play a character.
kid_koala
nononononono

the simpsons is far past it's best. flogging a dead horse springs to mind.

simon should cleaaaaarly be in the new series of family guy! out in march!

*soils self*
UNS
QUOTE (kid_koala @ Jan 27 2005, 11:55 PM)
nononononono

the simpsons is far past it's best. flogging a dead horse springs to mind.

simon should cleaaaaarly be in the new series of family guy! out in march!

*soils self*

Well Simpson is slowy bouncing back In my opinion, and I don't have high hopes for new family guy, I really liked it for a while then I got tired of it.
widowspider
how can you get tired of family guy? it's utterly brilliant, twisted geniusness. peggy should definitely be in it. i can see him playing some kind of english villain in one of stewie's plots to take over the world.
UNS
Because most of the humour is just stuff that's so random and unexpected, when your watching it again its not suprising so its not funny.

Plus the characters are all lacking in any kind of substance and development.
Duane Benzie
Petition

Click on the link above if you would like to see Simon Pegg appear on The Simpsons. This is no bullshit and this ain't a virus. I'm not that sad.

I urge you Spaced lovers to sign asap excl.gif
Chapman Baxter
Thanks for heads up, DB. We're already onto it!

For those who are confused, I'm merging two duplicated threads. smile.gif
Hobbes
Signed. #617.

QUOTE (UNS @ Jan 30 2005, 11:51 PM)
Because most of the humour is just stuff that's so random and unexpected, when your watching it again its not suprising so its not funny.

Plus the characters are all lacking in any kind of substance and development.

Somewhat like yours it would appear. Anyone who tires of Family Guy is clearly underdeveloped in the humour portion of their brain.
However, you can repent now and strike your previous statement from the record. I'm sure you have realised the error of your ways in the last 6 months.
Timothy Bisley
I signed a long while ago, can't remem my number.
Zoe
Why exactly are we petitioning for this? Seems a bit desperate, if he's asked fair enough, but petitioning? Reminds me of Andy's CV in 'Extras'.

Simon left an adequately paid job in sitcoms in order to become a movie star and he's been moderately successful. An appearance in 'The Simpsons' would greatly improve his profile in the States, so please Mr Groening, make Simon's dream come true.
rebelstar
I was going to say that, despite not hitting the dizzying heights of the past, I'd be surprised if The Simpsons' producers have resorted to online petitions as the basis for selecting guest characters. I may well be wrong though.
spacemonkey

Whatever works eh smile.gif
Quicks
The only thing I still can't understand is that there are much more fans of Peggster than just a few hundreds all over the world and we haven't even hit 1000 yet... Maybe we should send the petition to the official Simpsons' site or something like that. We don't do our best, guys. We can do better! cool.gif
Daisy Steiner
I signed it, and got others to sign to happy.gif
Zoe
QUOTE (Quicks @ Aug 9 2005, 02:34 PM)
Maybe we should send the petition to the official Simpsons' site or something like that.

From 1999 to 2001 Simon worked at Channel 4 in London. He left this comfortable, adequately paid job to try and become an international star, despite his age, weight and looks.

Simon would be great in 'The Simpsons' but has not yet had the chance to prove it because so far he's had no offers except guest starring in 'Dr. Who', which as you know is pointless (in terms of one's international profile) and badly paid.

'The Simpsons' is Simon's dream. If you can make that dream come true please, please call.
rebelstar
Forget petitions - we should call on a higher power :

Raven
QUOTE (rebelstar @ Aug 10 2005, 11:15 AM)
Forget petitions - we should call on a higher power :

biggrin.gif
CazBag
Maybe it will happen one day?
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (CazBag @ Sep 9 2007, 08:13 PM)

Ooh, I hope so. happy.gif

Not Amy Winehouse though.
dolfyn
Other British celebrities that Mike would love to see appear on the show include Hugh Grant and Run Fatboy Run star Simon Pegg.
He added: "We would love to have Hugh Grant on. His comic timing is brilliant. Simon Pegg is also very funny."

Bloody hell; Simon's much funnier than Hugh Grant! rolleyes.gif

But here's hoping that this means Mr Pegg's (& our) dream will come true soon! biggrin.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.