Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scrubs
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Comedy
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
constantly bored
Just received this email back from channel 4, after asking when the hell they were going to show Scrubs.

We don't have any confirmed dates at present but we are hopeful that SCRUBS will be on screen in the next few months.

Regards
Agnes Gorton
Information Officer

What a load of bollocks huh?
Baz
It's about time they released it on dvd!
Starscream`s Ghost
At least they`re showing it on Paramount at a decent time, rather than Sky, who either had it on at silly o`clock on a Sunday morning, or in the middle of the day on weekdays.

But I agree, it should be out on DVD.
frostitute
Season 1 DVD is coming out in America May 17th I believe.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...?v=glance&s=dvd
Starscream`s Ghost
Tease.
constantly bored
To be honest I don't give a shit about the DVD release at the moment (got them all on tape), but it would be nice if they just got the fuck on with it.

I'm really pissed off that channel 4 are devoting all there time to showing cack programmes about living in Spain and making your house look nice, and repeats of The Simpsons which I've already seen 18 times before. 500,000 an episode I heard.
Starscream`s Ghost
And all those godawful makeover programmes, hosted by people I could quite happily make over with a cricket bat. And a bag of salt.
constantly bored
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Jan 19 2005, 06:18 PM)
And all those godawful makeover programmes, hosted by people I could quite happily make over with a cricket bat. And a bag of salt.

Now that's a programme I'd happily watch biggrin.gif
frostitute
So you guys get that junk too, huh? tongue.gif
Raven
I want DVDs! (but I'd settle for new episodes on C4 cool.gif).

Down Rowdy . . .
daisydouble
ah Scrubs.....more is needed! JD and crew rock! dvd would be brilliant but I for one would settle for any series to be on tv and soon!
spacegurl
it was great when C4 were showing it everyday a few months back-why the hell did they stop? sad.gif
constantly bored
QUOTE (spacegurl @ Jan 20 2005, 02:28 AM)
it was great when C4 were showing it everyday a few months back-why the hell did they stop?  sad.gif

Yeah they showed in the morning, what a cool way to wake up, along with futurama biggrin.gif
Raven
QUOTE (spacegurl @ Jan 20 2005, 01:28 AM)
it was great when C4 were showing it everyday a few months back-why the hell did they stop?  sad.gif

They got to the end of the second series didn't they?
Stella MM
No, I don't think they did unless they were showing them out of order. Anyway, I'd rather they'd shown the whole two series again rather than replaying Friends in te timeslot for 8 billionth time.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Stella MM @ Jan 20 2005, 01:53 PM)
No, I don't think they did unless they were showing them out of order. Anyway, I'd rather they'd shown the whole two series again rather than replaying Friends in te timeslot for 8 billionth time.

Like THAT`S ever gonna happen. But chin up kiddies, now that they have The Simpsons, C4 will be showing that 9 billion times too!! sad.gif
constantly bored
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Jan 20 2005, 03:23 PM)
Like THAT`S ever gonna happen. But chin up kiddies, now that they have The Simpsons, C4 will be showing that 9 billion times too!!  sad.gif

Thank god for that!

There is a rather nice open slot on channel 4 on Fridays at 9.30 and then 10.30 (10 is going to be Father Ted) in a cople of weeks, so who knows they might repeat it yet, and uncut this time please mad.gif
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (constantly bored @ Jan 20 2005, 02:38 PM)
Thank god for that!

I really hope that`s sarcasm. (Lets everyone in on a little secret - is one of the few people in the world to hate The Simpsons ohmy.gif )
Stella MM
Hate the Simpsons? Why, sir, that's not natural!

I think it's a bit overrated sometimes, and I can't tell you the kind of rage I feel when someone starts quoting from it ad nauseam, but it's not possibly to hate it surely??
Starscream`s Ghost
Can`t stand it, never have been able to. The yellow bastards make me want to wring their necks everytime I see them. I much preferred Futurama and Family Guy, but I`ve never been able to watch a full episode of The Simpsons, I just don`t see what all the fuss has been about with them.
Stella MM
Ah, well, Futurama and Family Guy are vastly superior anyway. I wished they'd cancelled The Simpsons instead of Futurama - that was really going somewhere.
Raven
QUOTE (Stella MM @ Jan 20 2005, 01:53 PM)

I'm sure I taped the last one from S2 - didn't it end with Perry punching out Kelso?
constantly bored
QUOTE (Raven @ Jan 20 2005, 06:08 PM)
I'm sure I taped the last one from S2 - didn't it end with Perry punching out Kelso?

I think so, I'll have to watch it again and check though. But he does definetley punch him in one episode biggrin.gif
Justincredible
weeeeird... i didn't realize that scrubs was that popular outside of the us. I guess because I didn't realize it was that popular IN the us. I like that braff guy tho... garden state was a good movie.

Futurama better than the simpsons... i'd like to think not. not a bad show tho. Family guy is out of control. I'm so glad its back.
Jubei
Are they making a fourth season of family guy then??? HURRAY!! Got season 1,2 and 3 on DVD. And I would have to agree with the consensus that both family guy and futurama are vastly superior to the Simpsons, although in part because I've seen so much simpsons, and even more repeated simpsons. Its even worse than the fresh prince of Bel Air for that. I remember when BBC2 got to the final ever Fresh Prince, and the next day, they just started again at episode 1. Made me want to cry, but obviously I didn't because I'm a man.
constantly bored
Ok, I take it back. Channel 4 ain't showing Father Ted anymore, and the gaps have been filled with, wahey a repeat of the simpsons, Jimmy Carr's new program and a repeat of that seance thing. So it looks like any hope of a repeat of scrubs has completely gone out the window.

Also I'm shocked that scrubs isn't that popular in us, it's one of the best programs they ever made and Zach Braff is lovely biggrin.gif
Stella MM
QUOTE (constantly bored @ Jan 21 2005, 10:54 AM)
and a repeat of that seance thing. So it looks like any hope of a repeat of scrubs has completely gone out the window.

Do you mean the Derren Brown seance? Hooray!
constantly bored
QUOTE (Stella MM @ Jan 21 2005, 11:55 AM)
Do you mean the Derren Brown seance? Hooray!

Yeah. I never managed to watch all of it. I was a little bit pissed and started freaking out. Was it any good?
Stella MM
It was amazing. Not quite as tense as his Russian Roulette but a fascinating study of suggestibility and the way people will work themselves up for no reason.
constantly bored
QUOTE (Stella MM @ Jan 21 2005, 12:13 PM)
It was amazing. Not quite as tense as his Russian Roulette but a fascinating study of suggestibility and the way people will work themselves up for no reason.

I was convinced he was gonna blow his brains out during the Russian Roulette thing. I had to hide behind the curtains.
Stella MM
I was manic watching that show. My flatmates pissed themselves laughing as I ran screaming out of the room when he pulled the trigger. I don't care if it was all smoke and mirrors (and it probably was), it was still the most disturbing thing I've ever seen on television.
Jessopjessopjessop
Indeed Stella - that was some tense shit!

I found the Seance thing really interesting, especially given that my Mum has visited a psychic several times, and been amazed at the detail she knew about her life. I'd love to know the techniques he employs.
Starscream`s Ghost
I don`t really want to know how he does it, just like with any magician or illusionist. That way, it`s all mysterious and magical. I`m one of the people who hate Penn and Teller for ruining magic for me in the 90s.
Stella MM
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Jan 21 2005, 02:12 PM)
Indeed Stella - that was some tense shit!

I found the Seance thing really interesting, especially given that my Mum has visited a psychic several times, and been amazed at the detail she knew about her life. I'd love to know the techniques he employs.

Have a search for "Cold Reading" at the James Randi Foundation website. Brings up some interesting articles about the sort of techniques traditional psychics use.

I think Derren uses a mixture of cold reading, hypnosis, stooges and very very accurate predictions about human behaviour.
Raven
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Jan 21 2005, 02:15 PM)
I don`t really want to know how he does it, just like with any magician or illusionist. That way, it`s all mysterious and magical. I`m one of the people who hate Penn and Teller for ruining magic for me in the 90s.

Bring back Paul Daniels I say!
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Raven @ Jan 21 2005, 02:56 PM)
Bring back Paul Daniels I say!

Please don`t, he`s a twat. And I know that for a fact, I know a guy who went to school with him, and he was an annoying little git back then.

And Debbie McGee shags dogs. Allegedly.
Stella MM
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Jan 21 2005, 02:58 PM)
And Debbie McGee shags dogs. Allegedly.

Ah, popbitch reader eh?
laugh.gif
Starscream`s Ghost
Actually, I think I heard that years ago, on some programme I can`t remember, but it was someone asking Dominic Mohan which story he was told categorically NOT to print, and he never mentioned her by name, just that she was the wife of one of Britain`s best-loved magicians.

I guessed it was her, and hey-ho, if I havent been (all but) proved right!!
constantly bored
According to the official Scrubs website the region 1 dvd is due for release on the 17th of May.

There are also rumours on the forum that region 2 should be released June the 27th. Way hey. biggrin.gif
Raven
QUOTE (constantly bored @ Mar 6 2005, 06:37 PM)
There are also rumours on the forum that region 2 should be released June the 27th. Way hey.  biggrin.gif

About bloody time too! smile.gif
constantly bored
QUOTE (Raven @ Mar 6 2005, 08:48 PM)
About bloody time too! smile.gif

Tell me about it. I'm itching for a soundtrack release too.
Raven
QUOTE (constantly bored @ Mar 6 2005, 07:50 PM)
Tell me about it. I'm itching for a soundtrack release too.

It's already out!

See here.

I've got a copy on order from Amazon Market Place - should be here sometime this week hopefully!
kateykinz
Zach Braff has been directing a few of the Scrubs episodes in the current series airing in the US and they've had some cool guest stars as well. It's really frustrating to hear all about it but know you'll probably not get to see it mad.gif

I can't believe they haven't released any of the series on DVD yet - it's inexcusable.
Raven
QUOTE (kateykinz @ Mar 7 2005, 11:48 AM)
Zach Braff has been directing a few of the Scrubs episodes in the current series airing in the US and they've had some cool guest stars as well. It's really frustrating to hear all about it but know you'll probably not get to see it  mad.gif

I can't believe they haven't released any of the series on DVD yet - it's inexcusable.

It's more annoying C4 hasn't shown series 3 yet!
Svein
Do we know when the next Season is coming out on Sky?
constantly bored
QUOTE (Raven @ Mar 7 2005, 01:00 PM)
It's more annoying C4 hasn't shown series 3 yet!

Especially as their email said they'd show it in the next couple of months, but no they have to show fucking shite Jimmy Carr. Just when you think he's gone, he has to come back more shite. mad.gif
constantly bored
Whilst trying desperatly to get to sleep last night, I decided it would be a good idea to read something very boring, so reached for the sun's tv mag.

Whilst reading the viewer comments in the back I noticed a tiny little bit asking if channel 4 were planning on showing the 3rd series of Scrubs. The reply was yes and in May.

I know it's not exactly the most reliable source of information, but still, it's a ray of hope. biggrin.gif
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (constantly bored @ Mar 7 2005, 12:58 PM)
Especially as their email said they'd show it in the next couple of months, but no they have to show fucking shite Jimmy Carr. Just when you think he's gone, he has to come back more shite.  mad.gif

Do you not like Jimmy Carr, then?
Ingram
Jimmy Carr is hilarious. He just can't say no to channel 4 and that leads to a world of bad...
Svein
Anyone catch last night's [E4*] double bill? Fucking great!

*Raven edit
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.