Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shaun Of The Dead Comic
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Shaun of the Dead
Pages: 1, 2
Baz
Well it looks like a Shaun Of the Dead comic may very well be on the way. We've heard the guys talk about doing one in the past, but heres a bit of news on the matter and also a piccy too.

Shaun comic

Cheers to thirtyhelens from frostitution forums.
frostitute
I said it there, I'll say it here:

THEY FUCKED UP ED

Fix that, and I'm sold.
SpaceSickPip
A comic? Cooool!! Im so gonna buy that when it comes out!!

happy.gif
thirtyhelens
No problemo, Baz. smile.gif

I still need to know why they gave Shaun those Popeye forearms, tho...
Icepick
question: Is this gonna be a comic of the MOVIE, or is it gonna be a spin-off?
frostitute
Either works, I'd buy it anyway.
fatseff1234
when for gods sake WHEN?
philt
mmm the artwork in this link makes Shaun of The Dead look like a knock off of the loathsome Bec and Krawl from 2000AD.
evil_e
Ed looks weird, they gave him "Hulk-sized trousers"
AusChick
They seem to have taken a few "artistic liberties" with what the characters look like. I guess it aint meant to be reality is it?

Did anyone see the Shaun comic in the April edition of 2000AD last year?
It follows the story of "Mary" showing how she goes from the opening title sequence where you see her working at the supermarket check-out to ending up in Shaun's garden.

Cheers
AC
Cliff_Roswell
Ooh-da-lolly!!

I can't wait for this bad boy to hit comic shelves!

Only question, though, is it going to be UK only, or will it be international?

--Cliff
kiss my empty bag
i bet it goes out in america and we will have to wait a 5 yr for it to come out here
Baz
I was reading an interview today with Simon and Edgar and Simon mentions that the Shaun comic will follow the minor characters, like Yvonne's gang to show what happens to them etc.
Kick in the Head
QUOTE (Baz @ Feb 1 2005, 01:29 PM)
I was reading an interview today with Simon and Edgar and Simon mentions that the Shaun comic will follow the minor characters, like Yvonne's gang to show what happens to them etc.

That would be more interesting than a straight adaptation, for sure.
Baz
QUOTE (Baz @ Feb 1 2005, 01:29 PM)

Well it looks like that isn't going to happen. A bit more news on the comic and another pic here.

Once again thanks to thirtyhelens from the Frostitution forums.
frostitute
I'm buying it either way. I'm a sap.
J.R
Shaun Comic

A lot more news and a few panels to look over.

Think it looks good and the idea of including deleted scenes and unused ideas is a good one. ( possibly the plane crash that never made it past the flipbook?)
Baz
The Liz picture looks spot on, but the Shaun and Ed pictures still look wrong.
Agent Pickle
What did the comic in 2000 AD consist of? I never saw it
Baz
QUOTE (Agent Pickle @ Feb 15 2005, 12:17 PM)
What did the comic in 2000 AD consist of? I never saw it

It told the story of how Mary became a zombie and got into Shaun and Eds garden.
Agent Pickle
QUOTE (Baz @ Feb 15 2005, 12:53 PM)
It told the story of how Mary became a zombie and got into Shaun and Eds garden.

Incidentally - how did she?

Ooh a pint!
Baz
Er she got bitten.

Can't remember actually.
frostitute
Comic looks rather good, can't wait to read it!

And they sorta fixed Ed, no more umbrella pants!
rabbit57i
"It turns out that British people can read, despite what we were all taught in school

What an stupid quote! sad.gif

Mary got attacked by the other zombie that ended up in the garden with her after she left work at the supermarket.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (rabbit57i @ Feb 15 2005, 03:51 PM)
What an stupid quote!  sad.gif

Mary got attacked by the other zombie that ended up in the garden with her after she left work at the supermarket.

didnt she get bitten bye the homeless guy with the dog??? or she was helping him when she got bitten, im sure he had something to do with it
J.R
News from the makers

Just a little bit extra from IDW Editor-in-Chief Chris Ryall.

More pics

Also some close ups and a few more panels
shazam
did anyone get the comic strip that was released with the DVD,that was quite funny,but a full comic book will be amazing
thirtyhelens
Mmmmmmbrains.

Go see Downsy's latest transmission in News.

*struts*...
Sean of the Dead
I'm looking forward to it, as long as it also has enough comedy, it could well capture the "essence" of Shaun of the Dead. Fingers crossed.
rekkit
to carry this link on a bit, there is a short piece in sfx this month about the SOTD comic release

god i hope it gets released over here
mikefromtexas
I will definately be buying it! Now it would also be cool if they released some collectible/action figures for SotD from say like a quality maker like McFarlane. That would be sweet!
Omniscia
Yeah... If McFarlane can do action figures for Strange Brew and Slap Shot, why not Shaun?
mikefromtexas
Quote from previous link: Shaun of the Dead is a four-issue, 32-page, full-color miniseries debuting in June.

Has anyone heard if this is going to be a worldwide release or if it is going to be released in the UK first. Just curious? I have been out of the comic scene for a while and the previous topics did not mention it. I think I might have to visit the local store tommorrow and get the scoop.
J.R
Well I help out on the site that got the interview. They have heard no more news yet, and they did say they would contact us when there was anything to contact us for.
mikefromtexas
Cool thanks for the update Mate!
rabbit57i
Some pages seen here
super_horse
anyone got the comic yet, i dunno if its out in the uk yet, or the u.s for that matter
_Pufferfish_
I heard somewhere that it was rleased yesterday in the US (heard nothing of the UK as of yet) and the next one comes out the 20th... I hope it DOES come out in the UK eventually, even though I live in the US, since it wouldn't be fair, I mean... it IS a UK movie!
Baz
You've got another month yet. Jult 15th is when the comic is released. All the info is here.

smile.gif
black_dust
Search for shaun of the dead http://www.forbidden-planet.co.uk
_Pufferfish_
QUOTE (Baz @ Jun 16 2005, 01:36 PM)
You've got another month yet. Jult 15th is when the comic is released. All the info is here.

smile.gif

v____v Well, that might be better anyways, since I probably won't get it until my birthday in October, and the later it comes out, the more that'll be left (most likely on Ebay -__-) by then! *curses myself for being too young and not having a comic store within 45 minutes anyways*
Ohblee
The comic came out today in the U.S. Pretty cool.

"Want anything from the shop?"

"Ice cream."
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Ohblee @ Jun 29 2005, 07:46 PM)

"Ice cream."

Uhhhh-huh. Yeah. I understand why that change is there, but it still bugged me. huh.gif

Changes not withstanding, tho, looking forward to the rest of the series. Even if Comics!Shaun looks like a guy you wouldn't want to fuck with to begin with...(where's that patented Pegg vulnerability? I know, I know....it's the medium...)
Cornetto
super_horse
picked mine up yesturday, and its...alrite

the arts good not so sure about some of the colouring, buts its still nice to have in my collection
TheDeadWait
QUOTE (Ohblee @ Jun 29 2005, 08:46 PM)
The comic came out today in the U.S.  Pretty cool.

"Ice cream."

Damn them for changing that. mad.gif
_Pufferfish_
QUOTE (TheDeadWait @ Jul 6 2005, 06:01 AM)
Damn them for changing that.  mad.gif

A-men! Nick Frost saying 'Cornetto' in that spot was so awesome, and if some people don't know what a cornetto is, either figure it out or use google or something!

PS-- I totally didn't use google to figure it out <_< >_> *cough cough*
mwe hee hee
They coloured Shaun's/Simon's eyes in blue! Why? Why would they do that? huh.gif

He has brown eyes i tell you! Brown!

*takes deep breath*

still, cant wait for the next addition happy.gif
LeighK
I got the first 2 copies through the post yesterday.

Havent opened em yet ..... dont think i can.

im still waiting for the signed first copy, which should be soon, then its a wait for the remaining 2 issues.

biggrin.gif
jem
ha! nick frost looks like he retarded! sorry i just had a grade 2 moment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.