Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Look Around You
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > News
Downsy

The new series of Look around you starts monday 31st January at 10PM on BBC2. Co-written and co-produced by Peter Serafinowicz, it takes inspiration from the golden era of late Seventies and early Eighties television, and in particular BBC's Tomorrow's World, the new comedy series Look Around You looks at the very latest developments in science and technology - from the computer made especially for women (with scented keyboard) to the horse race predicting machine (designed by a horse).
Shot with the same particular brand of humour as the first series - and presented with aplomb by the very talented Peter Packard, Jack Morgan, Pam Bachelor and Pealy Maghti - the enthusiastic team of presenters offers an insight into what life might be like in the year 2000 in the worlds of music, health, sport, music, food and computers.
Cameos in the upcoming series include Spaced's Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Mark Heap and Edgar Wright.
Check out the BBC Look Around You webpage HERE
frostitute
NICHOLAS J. FROST

I'm sold, now WHAT EPISODE!?
williambuckrogers
QUOTE (frostitute @ Jan 31 2005, 02:35 AM)
NICHOLAS J. FROST

I'm sold, now WHAT EPISODE!?

he plays the bbc 2 ident, so he is in all of them.

look at his curves... LOOK AT THEM!!!!!!

that was a very eloquent press release from the bbc, i think - showing as much imaginatin as the show itself!
Downsy
The rest of the press release is HERE Great site for finding information on upcoming and new BBC shows. Certainly worth a look
zorak303
god i love this show.

i cant wait to see the next series over the pond here
Cornetto
Here is a picture of Mark Heap

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/lookaroundyou/...e/leonard.shtml
blob212
did any1 see simon pegg on it doin the electric tooth brush advert
Stantz
this is a good show, but series one is alot better.
Footbacon
It's been a bit hit & miss. I didn't see the first series when it was on the tellybox but went and bought the dvd when i heard people talking about it.

Series one is better but I love some of the bits in series two, especially the man with cobbles and Gonnis laugh.gif
PrincessKate
Far be it from me to question the powers that be, but I did start a thread on this very topic at least a few days before you did, Downsy... wink.gif
Cornetto
Paul Putner appeared on look around you last night and it was really funny. It was a bout the world of fast food and how he planned to make the first fast food caserol diner.

I loved the bit when Peter says "but there was no grand opening because he sadly died from a wasp sting to the anus".
frostitute
WHERE IS NICHOLAS!?
Marty
QUOTE (frostitute @ Feb 22 2005, 07:15 PM)
WHERE IS NICHOLAS!?

Gods, you're a shit stalker.
frostitute
Yeah, I know. What with the giant body of water and all.
Shibbydm
WILL SOMEONE LOOK ON CAST WATCH
IN THE LOOK AROUND YOU THREAD

and tell me if thats dylan??? IM GOING MAD!
Stella MM
Christ's sake woman, calm down.

It might be. Looks like him in the first picture, less like him in the second.
Shibbydm
*calms*

I agree it does on one and not on t'other...curious!
WiseJoeyD
Je suis TRES stupide

I missed it.

There, I said it (My psyhcotherapist told me to be more forethcoming in my interactions with humans - thinking back to the beating I received from a biker I'm suing her (and I quote "I'm sorry, but don't yous enjoy Garth Brooks music? and what the fuck is the deal with the bandanas? Sweat rags or Male Pattern Baldness conceilers?!")

Or indeed is it still on and I can catch the tail end*
When are there any repeats on BBC?

*which is what my uncle does for movies; we're sitting there watching Temrinator 3 and the downer of an ending then he comes in says "oh...bombs" and walks out. This happens for most films we ever watch. I supose it saves all the melodramatic "don't die Lucy! The laundromat won't be the same without you!" moments and you cut to the meat of the story.

PS I also hate David Bedingfield
williambuckrogers
QUOTE (frostitute @ Feb 22 2005, 08:15 PM)
Yeah, I know. What with the giant body of water and all.

that#s a bit harsh - we know nick is probably carrying a little bit of excess festive weight, but...
frostitute
w-w-w-what?
rebelstar
QUOTE (frostitute @ Feb 24 2005, 02:42 PM)
w-w-w-what?

I think he's trying to imply that Mr. Frost's a bit of a tubby bitch...
frostitute
Oh ok, for a minute there I was worried. Sorta.
rebelstar
Or pregnant maybe...
Zoe
QUOTE (rebelstar @ Feb 24 2005, 03:45 PM)
Or pregnant maybe...

Right, whoever's responsible raise your hand.
superfurryandy
QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 24 2005, 03:49 PM)
Right, whoever's responsible raise your hand.

If they were responsible then Nick Frost wouldn't be pregnant.
rebelstar
Or literally made entirely of water...
Cubie
i think i caught some of this show while on holiday recently in st. ives... i recall looking up rather stoned and hearing something along the lines of "...was unable to comment today after swallowing a pin"
its at that point i clutched my chest. id hate to swallow a pin.
Cornetto
Did anyone see Edgar Wright as a technician I sure know I did.
Zoe
Yes and they're talking about it here

http://www.spaced-out.org.uk/forums/index....ndpost&p=241140
Ponder
I've been pretty disapointed actually. It hasn't been a patch on the first series... although, fair play, there have been some good moments. Last weeks 'computer episode' was decent enough - there have just been very few moments which have been 'laugh out loud' - and a little too much sillyness.

Enjoyable enough to watch though, so I'm not complaining.

Really been enjoying Nathan Barley though biggrin.gif
Cornetto
Nick Frost made a quick appearance in the final episode as the man with the HOT JON sign.

The final was very funny but Mark Heap who played Leonard Hatred was the best especially when he told them to F**k off!
Garam
Mark Heap was brilliant in this, i was hoping there'd be a twist to his character.

i'm new by the way, hi. I'm rob.

big fan of good comedy.
spacegurl
i was hoping there'd be a twist to his character.

No pun intended.
Jon 79
QUOTE (Cornetto @ Mar 7 2005, 10:36 PM)
Nick Frost made a quick appearance in the final episode as the man with the HOT JON sign.

The final was very funny but Mark Heap who played Leonard Hatred was the best especially when he told them to F**k off!

I loved the explanation of the HOT JON sign. Excellent comedy. biggrin.gif
Nick plays the weirdo in a crowd very well.
Hendrix_SP
Ill lower my head in shame and say that i have never seen series 1 but i caught every episode of series 2 which was brilliant. Sometimes laugh out loud brilliant. My Tuesdays are going to suck now that i cant come in and quote the show a hundred times at work sad.gif

The final was excellent, Mark Heap seriously stole the show and also loved loved the HOT JON gag! GENIUS!

The bird program was funny, and the pic of the bear & skeleton that re-appeared upside down. Seriously great comedy! Which really now ends up with me having to go out and buy series 1 now really.
kiss my empty bag
who done the voice over for the bird programme i couldnt quite make out if it was peter or simon ? or just someone else
ONscotland
Last night's episode was brilliant, it made me laugh out loud.

So how did they do the Sir Prince Charles bit?

Thanks Hanks.... Thanks.
Cornetto
QUOTE (ONscotland @ Mar 8 2005, 10:21 PM)
So how did they do the Sir Prince Charles bit?

I reckon it was a look a like he was good though. especially funny when Leonard Hatred skinned up his face!
William Couper
That last episode was great.

And then Prince Charles became a 'Sapphire and Steel' villain. AAAAAAHHHH!

Will
theleaderofthegang
I knew Markl Heap in school and he was apaedophilem, I think it was him anyway, he seemed liek one, and now he plays charcaters, that paedophiles would hate
MissingPlanet
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Noodles
QUOTE (theleaderofthegang @ Mar 11 2005, 07:19 PM)
There wa sno twist it is teh shame predictable British comedy, of man with twitch turns out to be mad, what a load, of crap, its thugs who go around beating peopel, up, tehn peropel with tewitrche swho are allmost wallaways good peoope, are blame,d its peiople liek heap, who go around killing people, i hate him he is a paedophile, with ths sheame peredictabel British comedy,

Somebody take a look at this guy and tell me there is a god
black_dust
The whole series was poor up until the live episode where it came together, pitt the other 5 werent as funny biggrin.gif
ronlogan1977
I had a very strange dream about Pam Batchelor.
Metalicock
If anyone hasn't seen the first series i suggest getting the dvd. I bought it in interest and thought it much better than series two, especially little mouse. Whio thinks they should release it?

Bless you ants... Blants.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.