Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 24
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Lazlo Woodbine
The first 2 episode of 24 have just been on and already the body count is getting pretty high. I'm quite impressed do far. The tension level is as high as ever despite the lack of returning characters and there have already been a couple of decent shoot outs and fights. Jack even lost one! Though it was a shame the guy who beat him died straight afterwards. That could have turned into quite an interesting situation between them.
So what does everyone think is going to happen this series? Who is gonna die, who is gonna be the mole? Which characters will make a return later in the day?
I'm betting Jack's new girl is gonna die, the mother of the boy who delivered the briefcase is gonna switch sides, and Michelle will turn up somewhere along the line.
I also expect most of my predictions to be wrong.
Sostie
I'm up to episode 5 so far and am quite enjoying it.

Is it just me or has Chloe become a bit of a babe?
Lazlo Woodbine
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jan 31 2005, 12:09 AM)

Well i'm not finding her as annoying as in the third series. But i wouldn't go as far as to say she'd become a babe.
Cubie
i started watching series one yesterday, the box set had collected dust and i'd heard about the new series starting and stuff. i like the first series and havent got round to watching any of the others, because i really dont like watching boradcast tv. humph.
tigerlily
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jan 30 2005, 11:09 PM)

She does now seem to be wearing a little bit of lippy and eyeliner. It seems to have made all the difference.

I like Chloe, she's a huffy, moody mare and makes no apologies for it.

But yes, the new series is looking promising, especially since Kim isn't in it.
Svein
So far... fantastic... Although I did see one minor cliche...

MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD... DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT IT SPOILT!!!!

So Jack has a new girl and she manages to get herself kidnapped within 60 minutes of the opening episode... I think he should just resign himself to a life of celibacy!
Jessopjessopjessop
I'm *really* hoping Kim hops on a flight from Italy, or wherever the hell she is, and makes it back in time for the last three episodes, which form of a three-hour hardcore sex scene. That's not asking too much is it?
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (tigerlily @ Jan 31 2005, 01:47 AM)
I like Chloe, she's a huffy, moody mare and makes no apologies for it. 

WORD. She's the closest thing to real on a very unrealistic (though compelling) show. smile.gif

SPOILER, though (swipe to read): She gets forced to resign in about the 5th episode or so. Dunno if she'll be back.
Also a spoiler: Michelle will be back soon. WWEEEHEEEEY!
Svein
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jan 31 2005, 07:30 PM)
WORD.  She's the closest thing to real on a very unrealistic (though compelling) show. smile.gif 

SPOILER, though (swipe to read):  She gets forced to resign in about the 5th episode or so.  Dunno if she'll be back.
Also a spoiler:  Michelle will be back soon.  WWEEEHEEEEY!

I read that on IMDB somewhere as well...
Clementine
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Jan 31 2005, 01:31 PM)
I'm *really* hoping Kim hops on a flight from Italy, or wherever the hell she is, and makes it back in time for the last three episodes, which form of a three-hour hardcore sex scene. That's not asking too much is it?

If she does I'm afraid I'll have to shoot her myself. Or maybe she'll do that all on her tod - get herself caught in a bear trap or something, it's what she's best at.

Just watched the first 2 hours last night, not bad not bad. Did we find out what happened to Tony in the end? Did he go to jail?
Svein
QUOTE (Clementine @ Feb 1 2005, 02:07 PM)
If she does I'm afraid I'll have to shoot her myself.  Or maybe she'll do that all on her tod - get herself caught in a bear trap or something, it's what she's best at.

Just watched the first 2 hours last night, not bad not bad.  Did we find out what happened to Tony in the end?  Did he go to jail?

AFAIK he was going to be recommended leaniancy, but was definately going down!
Kris
guys and girls, you can use [ SPOILER ] tags to mark out spoilers, like this :
CODE
[spoiler] Your spoiler text goes here [/spoiler]

Episode 7 spoiler : TONY'S BACK!!!!! .

smile.gif
Lazlo Woodbine
Hooray for returning characters! biggrin.gif
Svein
I thought there was a topic for this, but I couldn't find one...

Is anyone else hooked on the new season?
Ingram
Please, no spoilers. I got into 24 a month or so ago and I have worked through series one and two. However I have yet to watch series 3 sad.gif
Svein
I will use the Spoiler tag when posting them...
Raven
QUOTE (Svein @ Mar 9 2005, 04:32 PM)
I thought there was a topic for this, but I couldn't find one...

Is anyone else hooked on the new season?

Found and merged wink.gif
Omniscia
The new series is pretty darn good, although I'm still hard-pressed to believe this is all happening in the span of a day. I can barely get all my bills paid in 24 hours. tongue.gif

That said, it does indeed rock, especially spoiler and that big spoiler. How will spoiler deal with spoiler in time to prevent spoiler?
Svein
Thanks... I was searching for that...

Anyways... spoiler ahead...

FUCKING TONY'S BACK!!!!!!!
tigerlily
QUOTE (Svein @ Mar 9 2005, 05:43 PM)
Thanks...  I was searching for that...

Anyways...  spoiler ahead...

FUCKING TONY'S BACK!!!!!!!

I applauded that thing there when it happened.

Hurrah I said!

The concept may be overstretched, but who gives a damn when it's still this entertaining!
Kris
And for those of you that have seen episode 12 (this week's us episode) , OMG MICHELLE IS BACK! WOOOOO!
Omniscia
Are you guys watching this on a delay or something?
winger
just started here later.....

plent of series are like this.. but we dont usualy get the mid season break like you guy do for some stuff....

OMG though cant believe that the bad boy Almeda is back

this series is shaping up pretty good so far.. beats 2 and 3 hands down for action at the moment... just wonder what else jack is gonna be getting up to this time...???

Bauer power! yeah
Omniscia
Just you wait. There are more twists and turns coming up than a rollercoaster that's survived a hurricane.
Kris
And we love it for it biggrin.gif
Svein
Absolutely...

It bores my other half and I think she's nuts...
Ingram
Just a thanks for people using spoiler tags. I have to find a good block of time to watch season 3 and then I will get season 4 from my friend who has been taping them. He comes in every week bursting to tell me, if I don't watch them soon he will ruin it for me...
Svein
It is the best season yet, IMHO!
WiseJoeyD
If you've been watching via BitTorrent then the latest ep, 12, is unbelievably good. Sort of combines aspects of...er...well it reminds me of a level in Perfect Dark, and there's a bit remioniscent of Half LIfe...oh and nice personal cliffhanger at the endof the p....and nice that we're not following the one baddy dogedly episode after episode...'breathing room' it's called

It really is the best season.

Best Line Alert

I am so disappointed in you

Said by crazy Arab mother after she's murdered her sons girlfriend.

EDIT by Kris : Added spoiler tags for those who have not yet seen season#3
Svein
I am sooooooo looking forward to it...
Kris
WiseJoeyD, yeah, I totally saw that coming a mile off especially when she offered that kid a drink, I was willing her not to drink it!
WiseJoeyD
I think this season went from strength to strength up until they rescued thingy from the thing (haven't quite gotten round to working out the spoiler tags.

Is it "[Fuck 'em if they know] xxxxxxxgayxxxxxx[/fuck 'em right up]?!

anyway, then it went into a lull, though we're not talking Smallville series 4 here! We're talking still bloody good. Then that last ep, with Jack crouching behind the shield door with the blinding white light screaming....Yay!

It's looking to be amazing!
Kris
Hehe smile.gif

yes it's [ spoiler ] text here turns to black [ / spoiler ] (without all those spaces in the [] tags)
WiseJoeyD
Well then What the hell was up with the cloying Oscar-greedy daughter?!

"ARGH! I'M CRAZY MAN! CRAZZZZZZY!"

[Beats out Julia roberts playing Tansin Munchkin playing Julia Roberts]

At least I actually sort of felt for the poor hard nosed woman. And I like the more pedestrian pace.

They even [shock/horror/pumpkins] spent time explainigng why McLean didn't want their records found.

And do you ever find that each ep feels like it lasts for 2 hours?! I was surprised to find I'd been watching for only 10 minutes when it first did the ad break! Felt more like an entire series of spaced and then some (ie footage of Edgar"20takes"Wright getting that corridor shot right)
Omniscia
Okay, this time the spoilers are genuine. Nothing too explicit, but if you want to be pure going into this, don't read 'em.

This week's episode is rather tense in spots, especially with the commandos. Yeah, it seems a little tacky when the Arab guys who own the sporting goods store help Jack repel the raid, because they want to get back at the people who have vilified their ethnicity, but, all in all, it's not too bad. Good twist at the ending that you'll have seen coming a mile off, but it's a great setup for next week.
Lazlo Woodbine
Lalala!! ::puts fingers in ears::
Kris
Genuine spoilers and/or opinions on what's happening next :
Paul blatently isn't dead, otherwise they'd just have had a shot of him dead and faded to black... and yeah, i'm not entirely sure why the two brothers helped out either.. and why couldn't the commandos just have blown the place apart with some rockets / grenades...
Omniscia
Good point, Kris. At first I thought they couldn't do that because then they couldn't recover the printout but then I realized that that doesn't really matter, since they're trying to destroy it anyway.

I would advise anyone attempting to find information on certain cast members to avoid IMDb at all costs, since the inclusion and/or omission of certain individuals reveals way too much about what may be coming. I don't want you to make the same mistake I did.
Omniscia
Man, this week's a real nail-biter, especially the climax. If this keeps up, I won't have any nails left to bite!
Celticstar
i'm just getting into now, although i'm less interested each series, probably because jack is getting a bit ropey
Kris
ffs @ Dena (sp?) Araz, she should've known that she'd be tested, and should've either checked chamber or just fired at jack! and now she's DEAD!

also, Chloe's back! (that took long...) Tony Michelle and the rest of the old crew in the house!

As for switching vehicles, someone should've had eyeball on the car. They should also be able to track the vehicle to it's final destination pretty damn quickly once they tagged the van coming out of the tunnel!
Omniscia
Yeah, Dina should have fired on Jack. What good is attempting to shoot Marwan going to do her? Even if she had succeeded in killing him, his henchman would have gunned her down immediately.

As for what's coming, what are they going to to, shoot down Air Force One?

And yes, it's good to see that Chloe is back.

However, and don't read this unless you really want a spoiler, now that Dina's gone, that means the IMDb cast listings are correct, which means that not only are we not going to see Marwan after next week, the President is probably going to bite the dust, because David Palmer is coming back.
Kris
Yup. Season 4 does seem to be all about the returning cast members. They must've realised that they can't keep bumping all the likable characters off!
Omniscia
Yes, it is all about the returning cast members. And it looks like another one is coming back, probably to go in and save Jack. I won't say who, but we have seen them in action before.
WiseJoeyD
This series of 24 is the best yet.

Tanks to Bittorrent I'm keeping abreast but daren't read any of your posts tsince they fucked my experienc of it last week with Paul...er.....wlel you know.

Anyway, the 14th ep was another connective ep - allowing the beginning of various threads to grow and nurture; a very wise appraoch that would have benefitted series 2/3 (though it had the best ending arc, so far...it just built and built).

It had a BLOODY FANTASTIC first 8 eps, then a bit of connective tissue for an ep or two, then another spurt, and now another bridge to what will be the last segment of action till the end.....it's relaly well thoguht out with restrained pacing (they have various fallback plans that all gear up one after another thus removing pressure to keep one "evil objective" tense for 24 eps)
Omniscia
...while at the same time making it all the more implausible that any of this is taking place over the course of 24 hours.
WiseJoeyD
Yes, but I almost accept it as some sort of 1.5x real time show! There's such a gap between shows, but such fluidity when you slip back into the experience every hour on the hour that it seems expansive enough to suport these multiple threads.

The alternative? Series2 and its nuclear bomb..and ,er.....crazy bride!

It has contrived intelligence in making the Big Bads slightly above average in intelligence this season (not that we need to give Islamic terorists a fair and just portrayl!!) so I like the multiple fall back plans they have going.

Anyway, truly it's something I find hard to fault. The show makes do with it's strait-jacket "real time" moniker (though the latest ep was the most flouting so far; Chloe just immediately at CTU? Paul in a helicopter on the way to CTU in 3 minutes? etc) collagen injecting it's running time with a wealth of exciting events. That sums up 24 for me (ie a botched lip implant!)
Omniscia
Learn to use the spoiler tags, Joey. Not everyone has seen this episode yet. wink.gif
Ingram
I'm a big 24 fan, but I only started season 3 when 4 was in full swing. However I am now very much into the fourth series. It's getting pretty good especially considering there is no chance that Nina can come back in this one... thank God.
meh
Can't belive I missed this thread I lourve 24 (I'm a special agent see, see) wub.gif biggrin.gif

Quite liking series 4, more that 3 anyway which was a bit pantsy in my opinion.

I'm abit scared to read above me incase I'm spoiled, are you guys at us or uk pace? huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.