Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 24
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Ingram
Yeah but I liked the ideal that seasons 1 and 2 presented; that America would elect the better man even if he was black. However season 3 did disillusion me slightly when the audience learned he had huge backing from that businessman who had the sway to get him into office - but I still liked him.
Svein
May I suggest you edit that with a spoiler tag!
Ingram
For season 3 spoilers?
Ingram
Update: 10pm-11pm is online.

I plan to watch it later biggrin.gif This is reasonably new for me considering I watched series 1-3 back to back meaning the cliffhangers, although good, never really had the effect of watching week by week.
Svein
I'm gonna stick with my weekly Sunday night enjoyment...
Jessopjessopjessop
Agreed Svein - although it's absolute torture when the clock display flashes up at the end, but that's what keeps you gripped.

Don't know if this has been discussed yet, but I think 'Day 4' is the best series since the first season. It's a lot tighter and more focused, rather than swanning off to several equally ridiculous scenarios during every hour. As much as I enjoyed watching Elisha Cuthbert run around, her storylines were totally unbelievable, and damaged the credibility of the show. More Jack = Good.
Ingram
Yes I think they realised why some people were tuning in and some were tuning out. However I'm still a fan of Palmer. So series one will have to be my favourite... although I'm excited to see how this day turns out.
Svein
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Apr 6 2005, 11:55 AM)
As much as I enjoyed watching Elisha Cuthbert run around, her storylines were totally unbelievable, and damaged the credibility of the show. More Jack = Good.

Even Keifer said that it was nice not to have to save his daughter every five minutes!
Ingram
QUOTE (Svein @ Apr 6 2005, 12:01 PM)
Even Keifer said that it was nice not to have to save his daughter every five minutes!

Yeah he must hate that, especially considering he fired his own daughter during production of this series tongue.gif
Draven Grey
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Apr 6 2005, 06:55 AM)
More Jack = Good.

I don't watch 24, I didn't get a chance to start from the beginning and frankly I just don't have the funds to buy the seasons, yet. However I have to agree with this statement simply for something that is a bit of a joke now with me and my friends.
We were watching the movie "Taking Lives" and at the end I was asked how I liked it and I said, 'eh it was ok, but it could have been better with more Kiefer. So 'more Kiefer' evolved into the solution for every movie we weren't exactly thrilled about, irregardless if he was in the cast or not.
Ingram
Oh. My. God. Now THAT's a cliffhanger. Great episode.
Omniscia
QUOTE (Ingram @ Mar 31 2005, 05:06 AM)
Hmm... I dislike the new president.  Bring back Palmer I say!

Don't look here, but Dennis Haysbert (President Palmer) is listed in the IMDb credits for upcoming episodes...
Ingram
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Apr 7 2005, 12:07 AM)
Don't look here, but Dennis Haysbert (President Palmer) is listed in the IMDb credits for upcoming episodes...

Well aside from the fact that he's still a Senator, the President didn't exactly end the last episode in the best shape now did he?
Gavibe
I am so pleased Tony came back into it, he has done more running around in this series than in the previous! Now Curtis has come into his own as well!....I think Tony and Curtis should form some sort of Delta Force!
Svein
That would ROCK!
meh
Wow who knew Curtis could be so crafty he rocks, and loving all the Tonyage... can't wait for Sunday!
Ingram
QUOTE (meh @ Apr 9 2005, 12:32 PM)
Wow who knew Curtis could be so crafty he rocks, and loving all the Tonyage... can't wait for Sunday!

Seeeeeen it. tongue.gif
meh
QUOTE (Ingram @ Apr 9 2005, 12:33 PM)
Seeeeeen it.  tongue.gif

Aw your such a jobbie! Each taunt is like a poke in the ribs, sniff. rolleyes.gif
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (meh @ Apr 9 2005, 03:32 AM)
Wow who knew Curtis could be so crafty he rocks, and loving all the Tonyage...

Curtis is a badass. And mmmm, El Almeida. happy.gif And KIEEEEEEF.

I want all three of them to be my own personal Charlie's Angels. With semi-automatic weapons. Heh.

And I shall refrain from commenting further, since I'm waaaaay ahead in the season from where you are.
Ingram
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Apr 11 2005, 03:41 AM)
And I shall refrain from commenting further, since I'm waaaaay ahead in the season from where you are.

happy.gif

Nope.
Omniscia
Wow. If you thought any of the episodes leading up to this week were tense, you won't believe the latest installment. Man, is it a nail-biter!
Ingram
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Apr 12 2005, 01:31 PM)
Wow. If you thought any of the episodes leading up to this week were tense, you won't believe the latest installment. Man, is it a nail-biter!

Thanks for the update Omni, downloading now.
Omniscia
Look especially for Jack pulling a MacGyver-esque move to get out of a tight spot.
Svein
Are we talking about the EMP or are you way ahead of me?
Ingram
Ahead I'm afraid Svein.
Omniscia
Waaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Apr 12 2005, 07:14 AM)
Look especially for Jack pulling a MacGyver-esque move to get out of a tight spot.

THAT was the highlight of the episode. wink.gif

Dunno if I'm getting burned out but I'm waiting for them to really kick into fourth gear and carry this home. Seems like they're starting to get a little of that "what do we do now?" syndrome that weakened the end of Day 2, but they could pull it together yet. Really looking forward to seeing how Vice President Numbnuts fucks things up before someone steps in and takes action. Palmer? That'd be SO implausible, but I'd eat it up. laugh.gif
Omniscia
Okay, so, today's episode is quite tense and frustrating, but not in an imminent-danger oh-my-God-how-will-Jack-survive-this manner. This installment simply sets the board for the endgame scenario.

Witness the former Vice (and now) President get really freaked out and start to implode, possibly foreshadowing Palmer's return!

Sigh wistfully as Tony and Michelle share a couple awkward moments that could signal a rekindled flame!

Gasp in horror as Edgar gets really mouthy and out of line when they won't brutalize a suspect!

Wince as Jack pronounces it "nukular" just three minutes and forty seconds in!

By the end of the hour, everything will be poised to fall into place. Just when you thought things couldn't possibly heat up any more...
Ingram
Once again Omni, good call. I've put it on for download but speed is terrible, I will have to leave it on overnight methinks.
Omniscia
I'm still concerned that Mr. Hot Shot Big-Time Hero Government Agent pronounces it "nukular."
Ingram
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Apr 19 2005, 10:39 PM)
I'm still concerned that Mr. Hot Shot Big-Time Hero Government Agent pronounces it "nukular."

laugh.gif

It is a concern. We'll just have to live with it.
Kris
How is Jack still 100% efficient and up for everything? I'd be bloody knackered by now. Get that Agent Curtis to handle some stuff!
Omniscia
Yeah! Jack doesn't even seem to be suffering any ill effects from that self-inflicted knife-wound!
WiseJoeyD
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Apr 20 2005, 10:52 PM)
Yeah! Jack doesn't even seem to be suffering any ill effects from that self-inflicted knife-wound!

oh my....

Well, he survived a fibrillation of his heart in season 2 (otherwise known as "The Matrix one"....for those not intimate with that season (She enjoys Karma sutra postiion 41) in the last ep Jack does 'a Neo' by grabbig someone's neck and runnig up and aorund a wall, thus breaking Hapless Henchman's neck.

This series had two ERY good bits. The first 8/9 epsiodes.. Then they had a bit too many 'connective' episodes before leading into the more meaty plot....

I'm glad that the missile they've got is way out from LA (about...1000 miles?!) unnless...

12:59:32
Michaelle: Jack, we've just invented teleportation. Now get in and off to Iowa with you!

It's now gone slightly overboard with the steroids though. I would have LOVED to have seen a Terminator 3 style mass warhead launching......
Kris
OH. MY. GOD!

This episode was brilliant! You've got the president being a pussy , then you have the old president coming back (which we all knew was going to happen, but it was nice anyway , then to cap it all off you have Chloe kicking terrorist ass! , Wooo!
A-Friend
I started watching the series (on Sky, in the UK) but found it so hard to watch it "on drip" that i've decided to wait until it's released on DVD - currently available on pre-order for an August release at around 35, altho will look around for a US copy if thats going to be substantially quicker.

Judging by the posts on here, this series is pretty good i take it? I've only scanned it all, as I have an annoying tendancy to read the spoliers even though i know its not a good idea (bit like picking a scab i guess).

How would you say it rated compared to the others?
Kris
so far, it's the best season (possibly with the exception of the first series which had the 'wow' ... although that's mainly because we get to see all the old cast returning smile.gif
A-Friend
QUOTE (Kris @ Apr 26 2005, 02:31 PM)
... although that's mainly because we get to see all the old cast returning smile.gif

will try to forget that so that i'm still vaguely surprised when i get the DVD's.

On that note, the box set is planned for early August over here, and from what i can see there is no publicised date for the US yet ... does anyone know differently?
Omniscia
QUOTE (A-Friend @ Apr 26 2005, 11:52 AM)
On that note, the box set is planned for early August over here, and from what i can see there is no publicised date for the US yet ... does anyone know differently?

No information on when us Region 1 folks should expect to see it, but your date has now moved down a bit, to July 18...
A-Friend
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Apr 28 2005, 02:26 AM)
No information on when us Region 1 folks should expect to see it, but your date has now moved down a bit, to July 18...

really? excellent - shall have to go and check play/cd-wow/amazon etc.

Thanks for the tip!
Ingram
QUOTE (Kris @ Apr 26 2005, 02:31 PM)
so far, it's the best season (possibly with the exception of the first series which had the 'wow' ... although that's mainly because we get to see all the old cast returning smile.gif

SENATOR PALMER WOOHOO!!!
Kris
QUOTE (Ingram @ Apr 28 2005, 09:54 AM)
SENATOR PALMER WOOHOO!!!

You KNOW he and jack are gonna go kick some terrorist butt biggrin.gif
Ingram
QUOTE (Kris @ Apr 28 2005, 10:22 AM)

Yes, it's going to be so great. As soon as the secret service guy handed him the phone I was thinking "Marwan you're a fucking dead man".
Omniscia
Yeah, but what about Jack's old pal Chase? He's due for an appearance soon.
Ingram
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Apr 28 2005, 07:56 PM)
Yeah, but what about Jack's old pal Chase? He's due for an appearance soon.

No way. Unless you know something I don't (spoiler wise of course)aside from the fact that he lost his hand last series - which granted may have been fixed - it would mean bringing back Elisha Cuthbert as well.
Sostie
QUOTE (Kris @ Apr 28 2005, 09:22 AM)

Oh I don't know...after seeing the latest episode I think there is a new ass-kicker in town.

Has anyone else noticed they are not keeping so close to the real-time concept this time round?

And good to see another 2 Buffy/Angel cast members joining 24.
Ingram
QUOTE (Sostie @ Apr 28 2005, 08:18 PM)
And good to see another 2 Buffy/Angel cast members joining 24.

What what what?!
Sostie
QUOTE (Ingram @ Apr 28 2005, 07:19 PM)
What what what?!

Don't get too excited...you didn't miss any major characters

The Indian guy was one of the Watchers council in Buffy
The guy with him who seemed to be in charge was Holz in Angel

What with those and , that I can remember off the top of my head, Daniel Dae Kim and Gina Torres, in earlier seasons, looks like its turning into nice earner for ex-Buffy/Angel actors
Ingram
Ah ok I thought you were talking a quick cameo from Marsters or something. Yes the Indian guy who came with the Watchers council to evaluate Buffy in season five is in it - well spotted.
Kris
OH NO JACK! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE! Audrey's not very happy!

Good to see that even though there are only 2 or 3 hours to go before sun up, they managed to fill an entire hour without getting any closer to the nuke. Guess it'll make for exciting viewing next week biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.